Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thom12255 posted:

I wonder what's going on there. Is it trying to load in an entire area all at once rather than stream it in in parts?

yeah I imagine it's like a totally new zone, it does it on all the consoles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I wonder what's going on there. Is it trying to load in an entire area all at once rather than stream it in in parts?

Probably. You see this sort of freezing for several seconds in Breath of the Wild if you do that launch glitch and travel really fast across an area.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Speaking of CDPR games, was anybody here dumb enough to play Witcher 3 on a Bone? I've got a decent gaming PC, but i want to couch + controller Witcher 3. How is it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

Speaking of CDPR games, was anybody here dumb enough to play Witcher 3 on a Bone? I've got a decent gaming PC, but i want to couch + controller Witcher 3. How is it?

i played it on switch :getin: It was totally fine, the story is so good that I couldn't care less about the graphics. I'd imagine Bone is substantially better than that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i played it on switch :getin: It was totally fine, the story is so good that I couldn't care less about the graphics. I'd imagine Bone is substantially better than that.

LoL me too. The trick with Witcher 3 is don't look at footage of it running on better hardware until you're done.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Twerk from Home posted:

Was there something wrong with the bone version? I played it on the PS4 (launch version) and it ran and looked very good.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

yeah I imagine it's like a totally new zone, it does it on all the consoles

Do you have proof because they recreated the same drive on both consoles and it didn’t do it on PS5.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nope, only the power of my imagination

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Was there something wrong with the bone version? I played it on the PS4 (launch version) and it ran and looked very good.

The game was rough at launch but has now had patches galore and I believe is fine on all consoles (e.g. 30fps900p on Xbox One but works fine or something like that).

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Nope, only the power of my imagination

Do you dream of entire lecture halls?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

Do you dream of entire lecture halls?

get a new joke

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i'm shook

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

W3 was superior at launch on xbox. ps4 couldnt handle the bog at all but about 6 months later they reached relative parity

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Sorry ☹️

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i beg you, i can't take this

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

Very nice on a Bone X at least.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Imagine if CDPR had used the unreal engine instead of rolling their own. They would have been done years ago and the game would have ran better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Major aaa publishers have been moving to proprietary engines away from unreal because it improves the profit margins.
Blame mega budgets and executive greed when it goes wrong like the frostbyte debacle at ea

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Real hurthling! posted:

Major aaa publishers have been moving to proprietary engines away from unreal because it improves the profit margins.
Blame mega budgets and executive greed when it goes wrong like the frostbyte debacle at ea

What's wrong with frostbite? It runs well and looks pretty great, I've been impressed with it in most places.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Twerk from Home posted:

What's wrong with frostbite? It runs well and looks pretty great, I've been impressed with it in most places.

It completely scuttled 2 diiferent bioware studios that were forced to make an rpg in a bespoke fps engine

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

My Series X arrives Wednesday, and since I haven’t had an Xbox in nearly a decade, I figure Game Pass Ultimate is the best way for me to get in and try a bunch of stuff I’ve missed out on. What’s the best deal going for that right now?

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

Problem is the devs have to armlock the engine into submission so it can do what an RPG/Open world game needs to do (inventory for example)

It was a miracle that Dragon Age Inquisition came out alright. Andromeda and Anthem, not so much.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ScooterMcTiny posted:

My Series X arrives Wednesday, and since I haven’t had an Xbox in nearly a decade, I figure Game Pass Ultimate is the best way for me to get in and try a bunch of stuff I’ve missed out on. What’s the best deal going for that right now?

buy three years of xbox live and then convert it to ultimate for $1

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Twerk from Home posted:

I think EA forces a lot of developers that they own to use it.I know Madden was really good when they were on Ignite and ever since they forced them to switch to Frostbite the game has gotten much worse.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

American McGay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aZocGxy3I

Series S version of Cyberpunk is better than the PS5 version 😬

(currently, because there's not a proper next gen version yet)

I bet you have to pay the garbage man extra to throw out a PS5. Or hire a skip. :vince:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Buy 1 - 3 years of Live Gold from anywhere, but no more than 36 months. If you get less than 35 months, then also grab the $1 trial of Game Pass PC.

Finally grab the $1 Game Pass Ultimate to convert it all to Ultimate.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Twerk from Home posted:

Frostbite is great for FPS games. Not so much for anything else. I think Respawn in their only studio that doesn't have to use it? Jedi Fallen Order was Unreal 4 and Titanfall was Source 2.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

Counter-point: PS5 version doesn't do this.

Freezes for several seconds when driving at times, even when installed on SSD.

That has never happened to me and doesn't seem to be a widely reported issue.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thom12255 posted:

Jedi Fallen Order was Unreal 4 and Titanfall was Source 2.

It's wild how varied those two specific games are in terms of polish:
Titanfall 2 runs like a dream, Jedi:FO is one of buggiest console games I've seen.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
15gb update for cyberpunk, let me play while I have twenty minutes you shits.

Know what this does? Been running ok for me, I went with quality mode over performance

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Zat posted:

Buy 1 - 3 years of Live Gold from anywhere, but no more than 36 months. If you get less than 35 months, then also grab the $1 trial of Game Pass PC.

Finally grab the $1 Game Pass Ultimate to convert it all to Ultimate.

Does this work for current Ultimate customers or is it for new customers only?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

jabro posted:

New customers only, if you already have ultimate and try to redeem a code for gold or basic game pass it will convert it to a shorter amount of ultimate time

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Crafty posted:

15gb update for cyberpunk, let me play while I have twenty minutes you shits.

Know what this does? Been running ok for me, I went with quality mode over performance

Is it not installing updates automatically while asleep or is that how much was left to download when you tried to play?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

It's wild how varied those two specific games are in terms of polish:
Titanfall 2 runs like a dream, Jedi:FO is one of buggiest console games I've seen.

I played it on PC and really didn't experience any problems - I think the last-gen console hardware caused a lot of problems for it.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

ixnay posted:

New customers only, if you already have ultimate and try to redeem a code for gold or basic game pass it will convert it to a shorter amount of ultimate time

What if you had Ultimate but previously but canceled it?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

jabro posted:

I'm pretty sure it works for anybody - AS LONG AS you don't have an active subscription. You have to have let the whole thing expire first before it will work again.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Is it not installing updates automatically while asleep or is that how much was left to download when you tried to play?

I think I just turned it on as it was starting, it got released tonight I believe

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Hulk Krogan posted:

What if you had Ultimate but previously but canceled it?

It will work but Ultimate may not be $1 for you but whatever the normal monthly price is.

Regardless, if you don't have an active Ultimate subscription, Live Gold / Game Pass will convert into Ultimate at 1:1 conversion rate when you start a new Ultimate sub.

Zat fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 13, 2020

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Zat posted:

It will work but Ultimate may not be $1 for you but whatever the normal monthly price is.

Regardless, if you don't have an active Ultimate subscription, Live/Game Pass will convert into Ultimate at 1:1 conversion rate when you start a new Ultimate sub.

Yeah this was me, I did the trial previously. Instead of £1, it cost me £10.99 to upgrade 3 years of gold to game pass ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Still bitter about the Dishonored 2 & Dishonored: Death of the Outsider situation because of this :(