Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Nipponophile posted:

Had my first McRib of the season last week, and I swear they must've dumped a double fistful of onions on it. On my first bite, I could taste literally nothing but onion. Even after scraping off 2/3 of what was on it, there was too much onion. I'm thinking about making future orders "no onion" just to be safe.

maybe consider making your next order "no McRib"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Trip report: McRib with no onions

The sandwich was a little too soft and samey until I got to the pickles. Kinda a game changer.

The sauce is maybe too sweet for my liking but at least it didn't taste like liquid smoke. I don't think I quite understand the hype behind it but at least I gave it a try. :)

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I too ordered mine with no onions, I'm still never getting another one ever again in my life.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
currently mcribbing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If you like the Mcrib you should try making pulled pork. It's edible and you can use a good sauce. I had one Mcrib in my life in 2011 or 2012 and never again lol. I can just imagine how much the recipe has improved in that short time

----------------

piss boner
May 17, 2003

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

If you like the Mcrib you should try making pulled pork. It's edible and you can use a good sauce. I had one Mcrib in my life in 2011 or 2012 and never again lol. I can just imagine how much the recipe has improved in that short time

Will be making slow roasted ribs today and pull the bones out at an attempted home version.

Also among the last time was years ago crowd and can't let go of the rubber band feeling across my teeth while eating it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

they should have some sort of mcrib breakfast sandwich

hear me, donald

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cross-Section posted:

they should have some sort of mcrib breakfast sandwich

hear me, donald

sub mcrib for breakfast sausage, sub bun for biscuit

----------------

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

i am trying to “make” poo poo, nerd

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just make pulled pork he says. Lmfao

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's the easiest thing in the world

If the alternative is eating a Mcrib it's worth the minimal effort

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheAardvark posted:

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

TheAardvark posted:

I’ll throw a pork shoulder in a crock pot and pour a can of coke on it to avoid a McRib, sure.

Get the fries at McDonalds tho

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Confirmed. It was probably a good 10-15 years since I had one before last Friday. It tastes exactly the same.

I immediately felt guilty that I needed something super quick instead of calling ahead to the amazing BBQ joint that is actually closer to my house.

Protip: Pulled pork in an InstantPot may not be "authentic", but it's a) easy and b) tastes so much better than loving McRib.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i dont think you people "get" the mcrib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
for real. define "better". the immediate gratification of shoveling down a dirt cheap poison hogwich within minutes of getting the urge and chucking the bag in the trash is 100x better than the effort time and money involved in sourcing, buying, storing, prepping, cooking and cleaning just to get a marginally better taste.

also I'd need a rib shaped pork press because half the fun is biting through the molded "bones" like an ogre.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

define "dirt cheap" as $4.32 gets me a giant bag of garbage at burger king with the app

----------------

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I love McDonald’s beef and chicken but this McRib is a mistake. Had to throw it out

----------------

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This is what you actually want

https://youtu.be/aOBfSvyHOdc

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I had it. It was messy and sticky and completely unsatisfying. But hit whatever mammalian base urge I had for it the same as a gas station hamburger. I’m good for another 5 years till I’ll need another dose of McRib.

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
the mcrib is just weird lovely mystery pork parts slathered with the barbecue sauce they use for McNuggets

and i love it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zimbomonkey posted:

the mcrib is just weird lovely mystery pork parts slathered with the barbecue sauce they use for McNuggets

and i love it

:same:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Target Track Jacket posted:

Trip report: McRib with no onions

The sandwich was a little too soft and samey....

The sauce is maybe too sweet for my liking...

Thats what the onions are for you dope

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I too ordered mine with no onions, I'm still never getting another one ever again in my life.
I took off the good part and now its not good
:thunk:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The onions are an integral part of the McRib experience (such as it is). Really the whole sandwich depends on how much onion they put on it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The onions are an integral part of the McRib experience (such as it is). Really the whole sandwich depends on how much onion they put on it.

We got some clowns in this thread.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I ate a mcrib. I was blown away by how there was no flavor. the only thing I could taste was onion. quite frankly its a monument of human achievement for something to have as little flavor as the mcrib

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

barnold posted:

I ate a mcrib. I was blown away by how there was no flavor. the only thing I could taste was onion. quite frankly its a monument of human achievement for something to have as little flavor as the mcrib

:yikes:

Look, say what you want about the McRib sauce, it isn't flavorless.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

one mcrib, extra onions, no sauce

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I ordered another one without sauce the other day and dumped some BK zesty sauce on it instead and it was great

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

one mcrib, no meat no bread please

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that bk zesty sauce is amazing but i can feel it giving me an ulcer. i need to not dunk stuff in it like it's ketchup

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
serve me a naked mcrib on a bed of onions

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I ordered another one without sauce the other day and dumped some BK zesty sauce on it instead and it was great

I would absolutely eat a zesty rodeo BK rib sandwich.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bogo mcribs on the app today let's goooo

i think i had one when i was six once. let's see what playing edward 40 hands with this sandwich is like

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yes i do realize the risk in cashing in a twofer when this has been in stores for a couple months. bottom of the barrel pork

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think the McRib already left my neighborhood. Wasn't on the menu today.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this coupon is good until the 31st, maybe i'll have a few days of good fiber beforehand

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Rick posted:

I think the McRib already left my neighborhood. Wasn't on the menu today.

Yeah, according to the app the McRib is "Not Currently Available" at my local McDs.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Q_res posted:

Yeah, according to the app the McRib is "Not Currently Available" at my local McDs.

mcdonalds has to give people a year or so to recover, the half life of a mcrib in the human body is long

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i chickened out of the two-for-one. i don't need this

----------------