Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I spent a non-zero amount of time looking for the PPV tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You should respect yourself more than that

Momentary
Oct 15, 2012

Momentary fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 29, 2020

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

I spent a non-zero amount of time looking for the PPV tonight.

I thought it was a great PPV myself. Triple H opened up with a powerful promo. He mocked this newest generation of fat slackers in the back, always whinging about opportunities but never knowing their place. Keith Lee ate a sandwich slowly in the back with tears in his eyes. Some might say it went overlong but, to me, 30 minutes just flew by.

The women tag was alright but I don’t get why they were given a box of puppies, but The King was sure excited.

They New Day vs Street Profits was good until the interference. 5 Star!

I know SA likes to hate on Baron Corbin but this Lone Wolves stable has something!

Roman came out to boos and said this was his yard before spearing that challenger Jobber hippie Daniel Bryan like ten times. He kept beating on him to get heat - good thing Shane O’Mac came for the save and declared that was his belt. Line of the night: Roman, you call yourself the big dog. Well bud <raises fists> welcome to the dog pound! <Here Comes the Monaaaay>

Good poo poo!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Man, the Keith Lee Main Event match isn’t even any good. Just, really boring and never gets going. Looks like he and Angel are starting to understand WWE style.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
WWE TLC Results
  • On the preshow, Akira Tozawa won the 24/7 Championship with a roll up after R-Truth (c) tried to run away by climbing up a tiny ladder backstage.
  • The New Day (c) defeated The Hurt Business (Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin) when New Day hit The Midnight Hour on Cedric Alexander to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles.
  • Sasha Banks (c) defeated Carmella by disqualification to retain the Smackdown Women’s Title after Carmella’s sommelier handed Carmella a bottle that was used as a weapon.
  • Bobby Lashley (c) defeated literal accused rapist Matt Riddle with a roll up after MVP caused a distraction on the ring apron to retain the US title.
  • Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) defeated Asuka and Lana after Baszler put Asuka through a table to retain the Women’s Tag Titles. Baszler then motioned that she wanted the Raw Women’s Title.
  • Randy Orton defeated The Fiend in a Chair Match when The Field quit after Orton threatened to use a chair on Alexa Bliss
  • AJ Styles defeated Drew McIntyre (c) to win the WWE Championship in a TLC Match after Omos just simply lifted AJ into the air until he was high enough to grab the title.
  • Roman Reigns (c) defeated Kevin Owens in a TLC match to retain the Universal Championship.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Please keep Nia Jax away from the title. And get her to a tailor. Her outfits are bad

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So did AJ's win look as comical as it sounds?

Also TripleMania was loving amazing.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Jiro posted:

it looked ridiculous.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jiro posted:

the best part was his exaggerated wobbling and southern accent going “whooaaaooooaoooo i’m gawna falll g’hyuck” as he tried to balance on his bodyguards shoulders. Also he earlier had ripped his pants right over his butthole again like he did vs. Ambrose a few years back so he was trying to cover the pants rip with two hands and grab the belt while balancing on the shoulders, one has to admire the athleticism to be honest.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that ppv sounds bad, but i would never watch it to know for sure

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jiro posted:

I couldn't believe it was real

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Poe's RAW: Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody WWE results in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

the best part was his exaggerated wobbling and southern accent going “whooaaaooooaoooo i’m gawna falll g’hyuck” as he tried to balance on his bodyguards shoulders. Also he earlier had ripped his pants right over his butthole again like he did vs. Ambrose a few years back so he was trying to cover the pants rip with two hands and grab the belt while balancing on the shoulders, one has to admire the athleticism to be honest.

yeah

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Poe's RAW: Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody WWE results in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.

lmao

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lamuella posted:

when they do the ppv for real next week i'm going to love it if it's basically identical

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just love that Roman winning is the only clean finish

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I think Mr. Iguana should be signed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Fiend... not Bray Wyatt but the actual FIEND... lost a Chair Match... by FORFEIT... to save his enslaved magical thrall Alexa Bliss... from RANDY. ORTON.

What the actual gently caress is wrong with this company?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Look it's real simple: The supernatural evil entity is the face, OK?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanguinia posted:

The Fiend... not Bray Wyatt but the actual FIEND... lost a Chair Match... by FORFEIT... to save his enslaved magical thrall Alexa Bliss... from RANDY. ORTON.

You couldn't make it up, Jim!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Fiend’s mind is broadcasting from a narrative and philosophical depth you cannot fathom. Cavernous only so that it will echo the lamentations of your questions back at you, faithless fool.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Sanguinia posted:

it sounds silly on paper, but it was clear that Orton was threatening to do something really problematic to Alexa with the chair. he wasn't motioning like he was going to hit her with it, let's just leave it at that. Mattel and the other sponsors can't be happy about it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I did not watch the PPV last night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't really understand what orton was pantomiming with the chair but reddit is going nuts for it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The implication is that he'll force Alexa to sit on the chair and watch WWE programs all day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cerebral Bore posted:

The implication is that he'll force Alexa to sit on the chair and watch WWE programs all day.

I think there’s something about this mentioned in the Geneva Conventions.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's some shoot heeling for sure.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I feel very bad for all these people who foolishly believed in themselves and went into WWE thinking they would find professional satisfaction, potentially against all odds. Conversely even if I had the power to do so I do not know how to save people from themselves. Especially in a situation where despite significant fiscal exploitation they find themselves paid better than where they would be anywhere else in the business.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

lol

oldpainless posted:

I did not watch the PPV last night

it wasn't real

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

i think you mean "it was unreal"

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Has Ricochet ever done a double rotation moonsault in WWE?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hey, at least they didn't do the spot where three people linger in a loose crowd at ringside to catch someone diving over the ropes! Way to keep it fresh, WWE!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We all laugh at the idea the fiend can a face while ignoring that it's an obvious psycho clown ripoff

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Randy Orton vs The Fiend Bray Wyatt deserves to stand alongside The Young Bucks vs Omega/Page at the pinnacle of Pro Wrestling as a long-form storytelling medium. What a triumph.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

OctoberCountry posted:

Randy Orton vs The Fiend Bray Wyatt deserves to stand alongside The Young Bucks vs Omega/Page at the pinnacle of Pro Wrestling as a long-form storytelling medium. What a triumph.

Pffft. Adam Page? Who did he ever beat?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

mooseinfants posted:

Has Ricochet ever done a double rotation moonsault in WWE?

Not from the top rope, but he did it from the top of the WarGames cage in 2018. He stopped doing it well before he was with WWE because the Young Bucks yelled at him so he wouldn't die.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Not from the top rope, but he did it from the top of the WarGames cage in 2018. He stopped doing it well before he was with WWE because the Young Bucks yelled at him so he wouldn't die.

I'm pretty sure he has told stories of basically hating himself every time he did a double rotation moonsault.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well I didn’t watch it so I’ll have to take your word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

yeah, it was predetermined, we know. :rolleyes: