Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Steakandchips posted:

Just move to somewhere in the countryside.
but then you turn into a racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

My upstairs neighbour is occasionally pretty loud, random bangs/thumps past midnight and likes to play music loud enough to get through my headphones sometimes. Incidentally, basically none of these things happen when someone else is here to experience them. :stare:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh no computer posted:

but then you turn into a racist

and you have to drive a range rover

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i guess in that respect they are not too bad

they go to bed about 10. they have a normal tv that they play at normal volume. they dont play music. they rarely shout and they dont have a dog or a baby

i think its me, i am the problem. i am too sensitive to noise

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i dislike door slammers and loud sneezers :catstare:

i like them not

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and people who yell down the phone like that's necessary

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the homeless people who hang out in the alley outside my window are my pet peeve. they shout all their conversations and also occasionally try to murder one another.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

very much so

i worry that i am not going to be able to relax here either

i guess i am just going to have to write more smut until i have enough money to get noiseproofing and the prostate of a 92 year old republican

If it’s primarily talking and telly talking then you’re in good stead for reasonably(ish) priced treatment. If it’s lower stuff like bass from music you should basically plan to move house.

I’m genuinely happy to offer some suggestions that aren’t insanely expensive, and within the realms of DIY too.

Or you could just quietly murder the neighbours and bury them under a patio.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i think its me, i am the problem. i am too sensitive to noise

loving hell dude

You bought this house?!?!?!?!

they are not your problem, ignore them. I am a bigger problem to you than them. Enjoy your life without jose's girlfriend still living with you. I'm really angry.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crispix posted:

i dislike door slammers and loud sneezers :catstare:

i like them not

someone either next door or in another flat has taken to doing earsplitting, wallshaking doorslams four or five times in succession recently

i picture it as an ocd thing where they are making absolutely sure the door has closed but regardless if i find out who it is i will hurl them from the roof

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Neurophonic posted:

If it’s primarily talking and telly talking then you’re in good stead for reasonably(ish) priced treatment. If it’s lower stuff like bass from music you should basically plan to move house.
talking, telly noise, doors closing and stomping up and down the stairs

i am pretty sure there is a hollow roof where they had leds put in and that is amplifying stuff

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i picture it as an ocd thing where they are making absolutely sure the door has closed but regardless if i find out who it is i will hurl them from the roof
maybe it's the wind taking it and they just don't give enough of a gently caress to prop the door open. although who has their windows open at this time of year.

i have lived with people in the past who think that door handles are just for opening, and that the correct way for doors to close is for them to be pushed shut. not slamming but it's still unnecessarily noisy and drives me loving mad.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

i used to like video games but i think i'm broken. i tried playing greedfall as it was on gamepass and i quit in like 5 minutes after a ton of boring characters and cutscenes.

All game designers seem to think that they're movie directors now and it's annoying. I used to like the old Tomb Raider games but I couldn't play the new reboots 'cos they were just cutscene, cutscene, cutscene. Like, just gently caress off with that poo poo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Let me tell you all about Sony Noise cancelling headphones...

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

The Polish guy above me has a habit of sometimes stomping around and shouting angrily but it doesn't happen all that often.

Worst is people in the lobby waiting for the lift talking loudly to each other at all hours while waiting for the lift to come, I think they forget there's two flats on the ground floor and we can hear everything

Oh and then there's the woman who sounds like a seagull when she's having sex lmfao

Other than that it's mostly peaceful imo

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We very rarely hear our neighbour so like LC I'm slightly concerned that we're the noisy neighbours and he's suffering the noise of a toddler-having household through gritted teeth

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Terrace. Concrete walls. Neighbours on one side are an older couple, not yet retired, I hear them in some capacity maybe once a week doing regular household things. Neighbour on the other side is an elderly lady who lives on her own, barely hear a peep from her (she's not dead, local family visit every day or two). My bedroom is on the old lady side, as is the livingroom :smug:

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Solefald posted:

Oh and then there's the woman who sounds like a seagull when she's having sex lmfao
gonna start incorporating this into my sex vocabulary (including the head dip then up move) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3AL1QguGbE

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

My neighbours, who moved in recently, said they weren't sure there was anyone living in my place it was so quiet. I have taken this to heart and can now make as much noise as I like, living off that one statement

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh no computer posted:

gonna start incorporating this into my sex vocabulary (including the head dip then up move) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3AL1QguGbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKD3hBGj8h4

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

All game designers seem to think that they're movie directors now and it's annoying. I used to like the old Tomb Raider games but I couldn't play the new reboots 'cos they were just cutscene, cutscene, cutscene. Like, just gently caress off with that poo poo.

I don't mind story stuff. I really liked disco elysium!

Just like yeah the watch a bunch of cutscene thing kinda sucks. Or maybe it's just down to the writing? I liked witcher 3

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Dec 14, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i make tractor noises during sex ;-*

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Neurophonic posted:

Or you could just quietly murder the neighbours and bury them under a patio.

That's a seriously hosed up thing to write.

Because unless you do a slab with a substantial concrete pour then at some point you are going to get some serious sag, standing water and it will ruin that patio.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

my worthless ugly neighbour goes out into her garden to punch the i dunno punch pads her idiot boyfriend wears about once a fortnight. its so slow and dull whilst he brays relentlessly during. I have just dumped my ex girlfriend by text.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I thought you knocked her up

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Blame the incubi.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jose posted:

No? shes got a robot inside her that unformats her womb to prevent this

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jose posted:

no, it turned out the baby was a lie because she had got into debt with the Randal family next door, meanwhile Penelope in number 14 had accidentally discovered her husbands caesium-137 stashed under his jazz mags. Craig and Maureen had a lovely date, but it ended in tragedy when Craig drove over an IED.

Heres a catchup on last weeks 99 episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXq6TSDQLRE

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

this is belittling and hurtful but i am a oval office and deserve worse i suppose

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
If you dump an ex doesn't it mean she's no longer your ex

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depends if you dump them in the sea.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

she wasnt an ex until the dumping but i wrote the message after that so she was, i dunno, i ummed and ahhed about that

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice normal day in the uk chat thread

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is exactly what eastenders was meant to warn us away from.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Did she hook up with the sexy widower, and does he look like Andrew Scott?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

^^^ I hope she does now. Hes better looking than that and went to oxford

im feeling belligerent

woe betide my enemies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bape Culture posted:

Nice normal day in the uk chat thread

99 lives in hollyoaks

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

unfair. some people like hollyoaks

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I was in the background of a hollyoaks once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Were you flexing?