Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Weka posted:

Is he wearing a sack for pants?

quit raggin on arthur's sack

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

somebody posted this earlier but the preverbal baby on another family can talk with the nonanthropomorphic family pet

this has incredibly disturbing ontological implications for the Arthur universe

what exactly is going on when they sit down to a thanksgiving turkey

Who was that turkey

Did they not hit their developmental milestones or something

e:

drat, perhaps they even recognize the horror:

Vegetarian + bonus Arthur as racist bully content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HRxLucyulU

Insanite fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 14, 2020

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

:chanpop:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Alex Jones but he’s a gorilla that stands outside of McDonald’s in the Arthur universe screaming about how they turned the burgers gay

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Do you think Arthur was still alive by the time DW managed to hit bone with the blowtorch.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Sue Ellen Murphy, the only morally righteous figure in the Arthur universe: "You want to know why I gave up eating meat? Because there are some animals who I consider friends, so I lost my taste for eating them. Frankly, they're a lot better friends than some of the people I know."

I can only conclude that these people are cannibals.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Insanite posted:

Sue Ellen Murphy, the only morally righteous figure in the Arthur universe: "You want to know why I gave up eating meat? Because there are some animals who I consider friends, so I lost my taste for eating them. Frankly, they're a lot better friends than some of the people I know."

I can only conclude that these people are cannibals.

edit: this is far from the only scene in Richard Scarry where a pig is butchering and/or eating pork

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 14, 2020

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Holy poo poo, this all goes right to the top

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Do you think Arthur was still alive by the time DW managed to hit bone with the blowtorch.

Yes as this would send a stronger message to critics of the Saudi Royal Family

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
evry day when you're walking down the street everybody that you meet
has a lovavltfykihgv

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Empty Sandwich posted:

edit: this is far from the only scene in Richard Scarry where a pig is butchering and/or eating pork

drat that's some hosed up poo poo right there.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Empty Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV8nBdtVb_0

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Empty Sandwich posted:

Maybe that's human meat

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
We're all part of the food cycle, the animals eat the grass, we eat the animals, we die, vultures eat us, they poop on the ground and more grass grows out.

everybody's eating everybody get over it.

It's some kind of ring of living or whatever

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Jasus Christ posted:

Maybe that's human meat

I prefer to believe the butcher is a human and is wearing a hollowed out pig head and hooves as a goof. You know, butcher humor. If you enjoy your job you'll never work a day in your life.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What I wanna know is, why is "Pa Cat", titled Pa, and last name Cat, for the animal he is, but the butcher, which labelled separately is still called "Mrs. Butcher" instead of "Mrs. Pig"

To me that is VERY indicative that the author(s) knew they had hosed. UP. BIG. Because even a child would be like "Wait why is a Mrs. Pig serving bacon?"

Alternatively, does "Pa Cat" have no job? Why isn't he "Mr. R*Star Masturbator" with a name tag that just says "I work from home!" in a cheery font?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
this is a complex issue. the pig family in Cars and Trucks and Things That Go is named Pig (no relation). Dingo's last name is Dog. but the traffic cop is named Officer Flossy.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
never mind the cannibalism, how in any way is that "hamburger"??

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Empty Sandwich posted:

this is just the plot to beastars

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Butternubs posted:

We're all part of the food cycle, the animals eat the grass, we eat the animals, we die, vultures eat us, they poop on the ground and more grass grows out.

everybody's eating everybody get over it.

It's some kind of ring of living or whatever

Unfortunately, it is weaker now that Climate Change has stretched out the ring of living, and we're looking down the gaping maw of environmental disaster. Capitalism is the wedding ring

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

Chokey Chewy Chicken is people!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Empty Sandwich posted:

Richard scarry knew what he was doing 100%

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's just a coincidence that Mrs Butcher is a butcher. however, it is not a coincidence that pa cat is a cat

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nosfereefer posted:

never mind the cannibalism, how in any way is that "hamburger"??

sorry, the correct term in hamburg sandwich

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Richard scarry knew what he was doing 100%

he is a monster beyond belief.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Empty Sandwich posted:

he is a monster beyond belief.

has the artist even seen a loving hamburger ever??

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

am I being trolled or so you people not know that ground beef is called hamburger

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

you broke my grill posted:

am I being trolled or so you people not know that ground beef is called hamburger

ground beef is no more a hamburger than a pile of bricks is a house

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nosfereefer posted:

ground beef is no more a hamburger than a pile of bricks is a house

its not A hamburger, it's HAMBURGER. R>C>P beyotch

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I was always baffled and slightly horrified by “hamburger helper” until I realised americans call mince ‘hamburger’ and weren’t actually making burgers with macaroni in

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

you broke my grill posted:

I thought they meant that the first drawing looked like Joan Miró's bar napkin, but now I'm confused, too.

that's some hamburger [meat] (uncountable noun) in that picture, vs a hamburger [sandwich] (countable noun)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I was always baffled and slightly horrified by “hamburger helper” until I realised americans call mince ‘hamburger’ and weren’t actually making burgers with macaroni in

please continue to be horrified

that poo poo sucks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Empty Sandwich posted:

please continue to be horrified

that poo poo sucks

lol you just reminded me of the hamburger helper thread. maybe it's time for a reboot

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

TheAardvark posted:

lol you just reminded me of the hamburger helper thread. maybe it's time for a reboot

a fitting punishment for this derail.

back on track:

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

just loling@ the idea that AMERICANS of all the people in the world misidentify ground beef as hamburgers

like seriously guys, you know what a burg is

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I was slowly driven insane when I visited England and the menus kept referring to them as "beef burgers"

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Empty Sandwich posted:

a fitting punishment for this derail.

back on track:

The cake is the size of DW's head. Arthur knows that, but it has just been brought to DW's attention. Now the audience is left to wonder how this will impact the power dynamics of the Read household

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Nosfereefer posted:

just loling@ the idea that AMERICANS of all the people in the world misidentify ground beef as hamburgers

like seriously guys, you know what a burg is

Going to Italy to enlighten them on making Pizza the Dominos way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs