Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That’s the Detroit newspaper, the Free Press, not the goons' shortened version of the Free Republic web site.

Now I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Honest question, why are these people all not being arrested for fraud?

They’re white and most people in power are cowards about doing anything they think will make them look bad to a certain base.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender
Is thedonald down for everyone else? I was really hoping to refresh it as Biden crosses the 270 mark.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

LabyaMynora posted:

I think you’re completely misunderstanding my question. Are the people showing up in states that Biden won claiming to be the GOP electors even the same people who would have been the GOP electors had Trump won their states, or just random yahoos?

I mean, it doesn’t matter, because each of these states certified the Democratic electors by name. I’m just curious.

I don't know if anyone is really paying close enough attention to know that. These things don't matter at all.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

For a guy who thinks he’s such hot poo poo writer, his Wikipedia page sure doesn’t have much on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Fraud requires someone else to rely on their false statement and be injured by it. No one believes these morons and there's no concrete injury aside from mildly annoying the door guard.

Knowing it happened is injury enough.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Honest question, why are these people all not being arrested for fraud?

Again, because they're not saying anything fraudulent. They are the GOP electors, and they want to come in and vote.

It's like if I walked downtown to the SC state house and said "I'm Something Awful forums user Hazo and I want to vote for the next president." It's true, but it doesn't mean jack poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hazo posted:

Again, because they're not saying anything fraudulent. They are the GOP electors, and they want to come in and vote.

It's like if I walked downtown to the SC state house and said "I'm Something Awful forums user Hazo and I want to vote for the next president." It's true, but it doesn't mean jack poo poo.

What about the person in Arizona that submitted documentation that is pretending to be official?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/edwhelaneppc/status/1338579024558379013?s=21

gently caress Trump. :lol:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Xenocides posted:

They are just threatened by women with a degree. Look at the patronization.

https://twitter.com/biologistimo/status/1337840767478484996

lmao America is the exception, not the norm, when it comes to academic titles. In most countries, the degree you get after med school is a Bachelor of Medicine; you get a Bachelor of Law after law school. Other countries also don't force students to get an undergrad degree they will never use (and take on more debt) before they can get into med or law school.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The mastermind behind the Texas lawsuit speaks out and complains that the Supreme Court abandoned him.

https://twitter.com/ashole_supreme/status/1338552262059315202

Also, he is probably going to be in prison soon so that is nice.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

hillaryous clinton posted:

Is thedonald down for everyone else? I was really hoping to refresh it as Biden crosses the 270 mark.

I don’t want to touch the poop but if anyone wants to post pics of the best parts I’d sure appreciate it :tipshat:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
We need video of some of these fake electors getting tasered.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

hillaryous clinton posted:

People on thedonald are watching fake newscasts of fake electoral voters making fake votes for Donald Trump in swing states. There's a decent chance you'll only get delusions instead of the meltdowns you seek.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Michigan is officially all done and adjourned.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

EDIT: The guy above knew what he signed up for Jesus Christ what a horrible thing...

He's a civil servant, not a trump toad. He is spineless though but I dunno how long he's been working there.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

lol that Trump is absolutely fuming inside the White House right now and at least one staffer is in charge of distracting him from turning on the TV

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/civilrightsorg/status/1338580295558295552

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Michigan is officially all done and adjourned.

But... but Trump claimed those votes like a month ago! He used the word "hereby" and everything!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kupachek posted:

He's a civil servant, not a trump toad. He is spineless though but I dunno how long he's been working there.

if we're talking about the head of WH security..

quote:

Early in the Donald Trump Presidency, concerns were raised over issuing a White House security clearance to the President's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, because of his pursuit of large loans from Qatari financiers.[4] Carl Kline did eventually issue Kushner a clearance. Bailey later testified before the United States House Committee on Oversight and Reform that he had never felt any pressure from anyone at the White House over deciding on security clearances.[1] Bailey was responsible for suspending security office employee and whistleblower Tricia Newbold after her objections to Kushner getting clearance.[4]

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Rolo posted:

I don’t want to touch the poop but if anyone wants to post pics of the best parts I’d sure appreciate it :tipshat:

It's pretty boring at the moment, all delusion & no tears. They think Trump just pulled off the win with the alternate electors (anyone asking for sources is ignored), though some are threatening violence over the unconstitutional and illegal blocking of the GOP electors in Michigan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Xenocides posted:

The “freep” part means it is meaningless bullshit.

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but the detroit free republic (owner of freep.com) is a legit and good newspaper.

the freep you're talking about, freerepublic.com, is a completely different beast.

e:f;b.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Mitch's gonna Mitch, what you gonna do.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

Mitch's gonna Mitch, what you gonna do.

poo poo on his grave

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Double posted.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 14, 2020

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

wuffles posted:

Is this ever going to stop? Like they’ll just keep insisting trump won forever now?

It's going to be like all those movies and TV shows where the current world splits into two separate dimensions, but instead of mercifully being rid of them in their own dimension we have to endure half the country living in their own fantasy timeline where Trump is king and rules from Maralago.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Strong Sauce posted:

if we're talking about the head of WH security..

Yes, he's spineless.
but he wasn't placed in his position because hes a toady.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I said come in! posted:

What about the person in Arizona that submitted documentation that is pretending to be official?

I dunno about them, I was specifically talking about the lunatics in Michigan

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Xenocides posted:

They are just threatened by women with a degree. Look at the patronization.

https://twitter.com/biologistimo/status/1337840767478484996

The guy who wrote it:

https://twitter.com/Sigmundine2/status/1338194541581651971

And another doctor diagnosing the situation:

https://twitter.com/judgeyourself99/status/1338573725621481473

What a prick.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'd Like to See Ol Donny Trump Wriggle His Way Out of THIS Jam!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

I said come in! posted:

It could be considered attempted fraud, but it's also so laughably stupid that no one was ever going to take that poo poo seriously.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

You do not have access to an helicopter.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

So I'm a little confused about these electors. Who actually are they? Do only the people from the winning party for the state vote?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

kupachek posted:

and now he's legless too! :dadjoke:

suction
Jul 17, 2009

You gotta pack the courts to rule against the victims when the COVID negligence lawsuits come in

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

pro starcraft loser posted:

Do only the people from the winning party for the state vote?

Yes.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
More like the Donald. Lose

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

So I'm a little confused about these electors. Who actually are they? Do only the people from the winning party for the state vote?

No you see if you declare yourself an elector you, hereby, pursuant to article [unintelligible] of the Constitution...

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Trump legal team and supporters are having a normal one.

https://twitter.com/JennaEllisEsq/status/1338574122725613576

Is that your professional legal opinion?

https://twitter.com/Kimmer4444/status/1338564303696359427

https://twitter.com/JustJSorensen/status/1338563221930848261

https://twitter.com/CodeMonkeyZ/status/1338532152971968520

:chloe:

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1338476613877587973

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

They are various people, usually well known democrats/republican community members or some former officials and other random stuff. The party that wins the state picks the electors, the electors are chosen as they are certain to vote for that party when asked to. This doesn't always happen, but imagine someone convincing Stacy Abrams to suddenly vote republican, that doesn't happen, so they vote the right way typically.

I'm assuming these crackpots showing up saying they're republican electors are either GOP operatives causing chaos, or insane Qanon people causing chaos, either way they're not allowed to vote today in blue states.