Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i think my grandparents drove a mercedes limo back in that time when they had money. it kinda predates cadillac as the term for big luxury sedan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
when i was a kid my parents drove a ‘52 packard hearse.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

jesus christ. 100? that’s dedication.

i was on the bus

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

my parents drive a chevrolet movie theater

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

my parents drive a chevrolet movie theater

god drat rich kids

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

more like this post is trash

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

when I first saw this a really potent edible was hitting

and I might also have had some beer and a whisky

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

gruppa dlb also made this which has a pretty amazing long tracking shot

https://youtu.be/V_xZq7n2x3A

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

the evangelicals are getting hype that the star of bethlehem (the alignment of jupiter and saturn) will be visible on Dec. 21. jesus will return as doom guy to slay us all and deliver the true believers unto heaven

Jehovah shows up in a big rear end flying saucer and takes them all away to sing his praises forever

because he’s a hosed up alien cult leader who gets off on pulling a Jonestown every now and again, not because he’s a god or anything

he’s on the Galactic Federation’s most wanted list, that’s the real reason they set up the Mars base

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

my dad had a 80s toyota hi ace van and he used to put his 3 wheel atv in the back to take down to the river fishing lol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

imo this would be better as a how it started, how it's going

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DELETE CASCADE posted:

imo this would be better as a how it started, how it's going

*checks notes* that meme sucks poo poo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
*Takes a look at collection of heckin chonker photos* that meme sucks

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How it stared: fiestacat
How its going: how it started/how it's going

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

i'm experiencing liberty! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM fight tyranny!!

lmbo at characterizing dumb, self-destructive acts as "experiencing liberty". gotta take that phrase out for a spin more often

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jonny 290 posted:

Hi! Can you not?

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Casual Encountess posted:

also, somebody told me yesterday that three kings in the manger display is like technically heretical??

lol the 'Three Kings' but its the muscle-builders giving the kid advice meme

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Salt Fish posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

check out what’s in that new bipartisan stimulus bill

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that last bit especially is some grade a usda prime hellworld

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also item #2 i just realized could allow companies to be exempt from minimum wage, overtime, and child labor laws as well as osha

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

aaahhhh, a return to normalcy.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

also item #2 i just realized could allow companies to be exempt from minimum wage, overtime, and child labor laws as well as osha

lol

Yeah, that's the point, they're using this pandemic to permanently defang OSHA and other labor law enforcement

Never let a good crisis go to waste, huh?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

isn’t that just enshrining in law what already happens in practice anyway

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, black lung is actually coming back in Appalachia because miners are told to hang their air meters in a fresh air vent if they want to have a job. Good stuff.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coalminers/resurgence-of-crippling-black-lung-disease-seen-in-u-s-coal-miners-idUSKCN1L82FT

All the labor safety administrations have been actively subverted over the past thirty years.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

crooked mine bosses??? well i never!

Apr 7, 2003

Oh my god, I just realized that the $50K fine is for *workers* who dare complain about their conditions. That's beyond the pale.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

Lol "meritless" lawsuits from workers.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fart simpson posted:

is this actually bipartisan or are shitlords claiming it is because a single southern democrat senator said he’ll support it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Oh my god, I just realized that the $50K fine is for *workers* who dare complain about their conditions. That's beyond the pale.

and also for the lawyer that represents the worker who complained

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

is this actually bipartisan or are shitlords claiming it is because a single southern democrat senator said he’ll support it

afaict it's the result of joe manchin and romney's negotiations, so its joe manchin

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fart simpson posted:

afaict it's the result of joe manchin and romney's negotiations, so its joe manchin

i figured. i really dislike this thing where they'll get a single congressman to agree to it and then parade it to the press as 'bipartisan'

if it's something that can get through the house i'll consider it bipartisan

Apr 7, 2003

Joe Manchin continuing a fine West Virginian tradition of expecting labor to lay down in the mud for capital.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i figured. i really dislike this thing where they'll get a single congressman to agree to it and then parade it to the press as 'bipartisan'

if it's something that can get through the house i'll consider it bipartisan

poking around a bit theres at least one dem house rep from new jersey who also wants this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

so we;ll see i guess!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

and also for the lawyer that represents the worker who complained

yes. we take frivolous lawsuits very seriously in this country!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

yes. we take frivolous lawsuits very seriously in this country!!!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

"tort reform" is shorthand for "remove the little person's ability to hold the powerful accountable"