Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I didn't think it was possible, but the Best Buy website is actually working worse than Walmart's did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Xalidur posted:

I didn't think it was possible, but the Best Buy website is actually working worse than Walmart's did.

I've been able to get through to the product page but it still just says "Coming Soon"

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given what happened with most of his games, especially the most recent, I'm really hoping his next game is about a nice normal life with no global-impacting events whatsoever :shepface:.

It's about living the best life you can, while being constantly surveilled by the government and corporations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

A PS5 update for death stranding would be sweet as I have yet to play that game!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given what happened with most of his games, especially the most recent, I'm really hoping his next game is about a nice normal life with no global-impacting events whatsoever :shepface:.

Maybe all the characters get together and have ice-cream.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah. As someone playing it at the moment, if they announce that, I'll just put it down until that releases.

PantsBandit posted:

Maybe all the characters get together and have ice-cream.

Death Stranding: 358/2 Days

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CottonWolf posted:

It's about living the best life you can, while being constantly surveilled by the government and corporations.

Death Stranding already is about that and I love it! At first you think it's about surviving in the post-apocalypse and about how humans must band together and connect to survive as a metaphor for universal struggle in our real world... but guess what! When you make a delivery successfully the government injects oxytocin into your brain based on how prompt you were through the global tracking device you wear on your wrist that is literally shaped like handcuffs!! Kojima baybeee!!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Xalidur posted:

I can't even loving log in and they don't even have them in stock yet.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's just a corporation thinking they can announce that they're dropping a bunch stock of an item that's super in-demand without doing anything to strengthen their back-end. I feel for the IT managers trying to tell the worthless capitalists that this poo poo is going to make their life a nightmare and be awful for the consumer only to be met with utter indifference or contempt.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

caldrax posted:

Well after a month of PlayStation support hell trying to get my non-working Bluetooth repaired, I finally got my replacement PS5 (they told me it was "repaired" but I checked the serial number against my old one and it's different now). It only took like 6 support calls over 2 weeks, and then 1 more week of waiting for a box, which they sent to the wrong address, then waiting for it to come back, they still sent it to the wrong address after I called to correct it, but luckily my local fed ex people are on the ball and got it to me today, and everything is working fine so far *clenches butthole and looks at the sky.*

But yeah man, I guess when you're a company that has a monopoly on the games people want to play, you can have your support team be a bunch of useless idiots. All of the above, plus being shut down by chat support and twitter and not being able to get someone on the phone for the first week, and having the first guy tell me to just wait for a software update. What a drat runaround. At least this story has a happy ending.
Good to hear you eventually got it all worked out. My Dual Sense repair has been floating in limbo for a week with no updates. Love Sony Support.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Harlock posted:

Good to hear you eventually got it all worked out. My Dual Sense repair has been floating in limbo for a week with no updates. Love Sony Support.

I sent mine in with a broken trigger, heard nothing until they said it was resolved and shipped it back yesterday. should get it today.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Scipiotik posted:

I sent mine in with a broken trigger, heard nothing until they said it was resolved and shipped it back yesterday. should get it today.
My same exact issue, hopefully I have the same result.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

kid sinister posted:

I can't even loving log in and they don't even have them in stock yet.

They went in stock at like six minutes after the hour.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

jabro posted:

They went in stock at like six minutes after the hour.

Are you sure? I've been staring at "coming soon" for over an hour now. Best Buy, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kid sinister posted:

Are you sure? I've been staring at "coming soon" for over an hour now. Best Buy, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Wario posted a picture of everything in stock about that time yeah

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I dunno, Best Buys default I believe is "out of stock" not "coming soon".

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IcePhoenix posted:

That was an old pic apparently.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
OK they must have instantly sold out because I was hitting F5 like a mad man and I never saw them in stock.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does he own the rights to the worlds of Policenauts and Snatcher or does Konami? I could definitely go for a new game in that series, even if it had a different name.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

kid sinister posted:

OK they must have instantly sold out because I was hitting F5 like a mad man and I never saw them in stock.

I'm fairly sure they haven't dropped yet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boosh! posted:

That was an old pic apparently.

it wasn't, idiots on twitter just thought that the release date (which is listed on everything) was the date of the picture

I mean, they might drop more throughout the day, I'm just saying the initial wave has already come and gone

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

idiots on twitter

You repeat yourself.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does he own the rights to the worlds of Policenauts and Snatcher or does Konami? I could definitely go for a new game in that series, even if it had a different name.

You just reminded me that Kojima has a completed design for Snatcher 2 and never got to make it. Thanks Konami.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

It better be an announcement about virtual pachinko machines for the ps5

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

comedyblissoption posted:

Is it ever worth buying a ps5 "used" from "Amazon Warehouse" on the amazon website which is sometimes listed on their ps5 pages?

They give like an ~$80 discount, but list large cosmetic problems with the packaging. Can you return if it's defective?

You can return, yes.

In almost every instance, every Amazon Watehouse item I ever bought was just the package all messed up but the product itself was untouched.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Third-party ports tend to be overall worse than first-party ports in my experience, which I'm personally putting down to the developer simply having more familiarity with the quirks and intricacies of the code, but otherwise I can't really comment on that. :shrug:

Have you played the Witcher 3 on the Switch? It sucks

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rabid Snake posted:

It is absolutely more pleasant than Cyberpunk on a base console, though.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

IcePhoenix posted:

so I guess it was all bots then? No one on twitter seems to have gotten a single purchase from best Buy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yeah I can't seem to find any real confirmation that anyone got one this morning yet

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In Miles Morales you can use the in-game app to choose from different crimes to spawn, and in NG+ you get a skill that will keep your combo from expiring if you're invisible. So I wondered if I moved fast enough if I'd have enough time to go from crime to crime before my invisibility ran out to maintain one long combo. And it's totally do-able and it feels totally awesome to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jWKFAEy1Zs

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rabid Snake posted:

Seems fine to me. I mean it's a Switch, what are you expecting from it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rabid Snake posted:

literally the actual first time i've seen anything less than effusive praise for the port

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
From what I've seen of the Switch version, it does drop down to 20fps-25fps at times, especially in Novigrad, but it's not really worse than anything I've seen in other Switch games including BOTW.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Rabid Snake posted:

Beats skyrim I guess

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mildly PS5 related but The Pathless dropped in Apple Arcade today. Looks pretty much the same as far as gameplay is concerned. I planned on putting CP2077 on the back burner until the next gen version dropped to play this over the weekend but now I’m like well I can play it for free.

Has anyone tried both versions? I still might buy it in PS5 just to support the developers.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

bows1 posted:

so I guess it was all bots then? No one on twitter seems to have gotten a single purchase from best Buy

I think that picture Wario tweeted was indeed old - I've been refreshing constantly since 5:55 or so in the mobile app which has always let me into the product page and I've never seen anything other than Coming Soon. Unless the button changed to In Stock for like one second, I don't think they actually dropped yet.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

dantheman650 posted:

I think that picture Wario tweeted was indeed old - I've been refreshing constantly since 5:55 or so in the mobile app which has always let me into the product page and I've never seen anything other than Coming Soon. Unless the button changed to In Stock for like one second, I don't think they actually dropped yet.

Thats what I've been doing too, feeling like a dildo sitting here refreshing over and over lol

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys are right. Best Buy tweeted yesterday they were dropping consoles after a certain time and planned to release them over two three hours after that time.

Keep hitting that F5! You’re almost there!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

jabro posted:

You guys are right. Best Buy tweeted yesterday they were dropping consoles after a certain time and planned to release them over two three hours after that time.

Keep hitting that F5! You’re almost there!

What else do I have in this world if not my dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dantheman650 posted:

What else do I have in this world if not my dreams

Then you hit that F5, dantheman650. You follow your dream and don’t give up until that dream becomes real. I’m pulling for you.