Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kwyndig posted:

There's a Venture Brothers character that shoots webs out of his lower back but I'm not aware of any version of Spider-Man that shoots rear end webs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnE3uyj9Grg
Nsfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Was it Mechanical Webshooters Peter Parker or Organic And Anatomically Correct For A Spider Webshooters Peter Parker?

Well it was in Secret Wars II and I think the symbiote was gone by then and it was "make the SATAN gesture" webshooters at that point?

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 13, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #10 (1941)

Journey into Mystery #27 (1955)

The Amazing Spider-Man #129 (1974)

The Impossible Man Summer Vacation Spectacular! #1 (1990)

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2010)

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 21, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darthemed posted:

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2010

"I'm gonna shoot you... with a bird."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

One Piece, chapter 998.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So is there a punchline to those panels?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Alacron posted:

So is there a punchline to those panels?

I like it, it's like the absurdity of an 11 year old boy telling a story.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #13 (1941)

Superboy #56 (1957)

Marvel Spotlight #14 (1974)

The Sensational She-Hulk #17 (1990)

Osborn #4 (2011)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2010

"Pure undiluted character retcon.. powerful enough to kill even the toughest Mary Sue.. potent enough to bring back even the most unpopular dead characters 6 issues early.. Smells like.. sales numbers."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Injustice Year Zero: Harley Quinn has left the Joker

Fantastic Four #25:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 15, 2020

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

The important next question to ask Reed is if he built the contents of the box, or merely found it. Because there are far worse things to do with an Infinity Stone than put it in a locked box.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #56 (1957)

What the gently caress

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Senior Woodchuck posted:

What the gently caress

Explains why you never put 2 and 2 together to figure out Krypto's secret identity, doesn't it?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Should've put the dog in glasses.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #24 (1941)

Strange Tales #83 (1961)

Super-Villain Team-Up #8 (1976)

Jurassic Park #2 (1993)

Alpha: Big Time #1 (2013)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Senior Woodchuck posted:

What the gently caress

So, the dog puts on a mask of exactly the same dog in order to fool people who might be able to recognize him... like people who are really good at telling strangers' dogs apart.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
This thread needs more European comics!

Asterix in Switzerland.

I was so dissapointed when I grew up and learned that real orgies are nothing like this.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 15, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SimonChris posted:

Asterix in Switzerland.

I was so dissapointed when I grew up and learned that real orgies are nothing like this.

My mother's copy of this comic was in French so it feels really weird to read it in English.

The art in those books is so expressive that I started reading them before I ever learned French and still got the story well enough. Granted, that story is "Asterix hits people".

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SimonChris posted:

Nothing's stopping you from bringing in the melted cheese, Swiss-style.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SimonChris posted:

Thorgal: The Sacrifice

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Alhazred posted:

Thorgal: The Sacrifice

I hope that's it, that's the eponymous sacrifice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Okay he's definitely just tracing John Krasinski

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

MikeJF posted:

Okay he's definitely just tracing John Krasinski

And sticking a beard on at slightly different angle.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Valkyrie - Jane Foster #4: Guest starring Dr. Strange

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bucnasti posted:

And sticking a beard on at slightly different angle.

He's got a pretty thick beard in A Quiet Place, so they're being super lazy in sourcing they're trace jobs too.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TwoPair posted:

Valkyrie - Jane Foster #4: Guest starring Dr. Strange

Literally every time I see Doctor Strange panels, I'm a little annoyed that he isn't British, because every single thing about him says that he should be played by someone who's very good at playing posh British assholes. For some reason I pictured Rowan Atkinson saying these lines, and it works.

Benedict Cumberbatch was perfect casting, murdered by the fact they wanted to keep him American.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

Literally every time I see Doctor Strange panels, I'm a little annoyed that he isn't British, because every single thing about him says that he should be played by someone who's very good at playing posh British assholes. For some reason I pictured Rowan Atkinson saying these lines, and it works.

Benedict Cumberbatch was perfect casting, murdered by the fact they wanted to keep him American.

The extra thing that makes Dr. Strange a loving rear end in a top hat, which is completely American, is he absolutely believes in the meritocracy because he thinks he's living proof of it. That's how he's different from like John Constantine or whatever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he had everything and lost it all due to his arrogance then discovered there was even more to have and was given it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

he had everything and lost it all due to his arrogance then discovered there was even more to have and was given it.

He worked hard every step of the way so gets annoyed when people don't work hard, but he doesn't have any real understanding that outside circumstances prevent people from reaching their full potential.

He probably respects Spider-Man more than Tony Stark in the same way most doctors love professional athletes, but spends way more time being dissapointed with Spider-Man, not realizing how much stress having a chronically sick aunt is. Because despite spending decades as a medical doctor he has no concept of how hosed American health care is.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So magical tony stark

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So magical tony stark

Tony Stark didn't have to work for poo poo until he was shot down in Vietnam that fake war in that fake country. Strange has worked hard his entire life but doesn't realise other people have things that keep them from working hard.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

SimonChris posted:

Asterix in Switzerland.

I remember Asterix in Britain with a joke about how the English eat lamb with mint and drink beer at room temperature and I thought 'Oh those French, exaggerating stereotypes about how English people don't know how to make food'.

I wish I could be that innocent again...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #6 (1942)

Rocky and His Fiendish Friends #1 (1962)

Haunted #31 (1977)

Venom: The Madness #1 (1993)

Black Dynamite #3 (2014)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cleretic posted:

My pick used to be Timothy Dalton, particularly with the look he has in Hot Fuzz

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

New Mutants (2020) #14
in which Warpath gets no respect

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Have they brought back his older brother yet? Kinda feel like he should be high on the list.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If they bring him back then Warpath has literally no reason to exist. Like, he only joined up to honor his bros legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My pick used to be Timothy Dalton, particularly with the look he has in Hot Fuzz

All I'm saying is, picture Matt Berry yelling "by the hoary hosts of hoggoth" and then try to ever see anyone else as right for it ever again