Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The boo-hoo reaction makes a lot of sense when you keep in mind Jorp’s central thesis, that his followers are inherently weak and stupid.

Like, the very first lesson: you are a “small lobster”. Even among these slime-eating creatures, you are inferior. You are the bitch of the sea. But, unlike the real animals, you have the capacity to play make-believe. You can pretend that you’re genetically superior even though you know you are genetically poo poo. You can believe illusions of racial heirarchy and devote your life to them, etc.

So it’s pretty obvious why Peterson’s constant fuckups, failures, crying, pissing himself, etc.... these do little to demystify him. Feeling victimized is the core of it all.

Everybody knows, after all, that bullies have low self-esteem, were probably themselves abused.... Jorp’s extremely quick to say that cartoon bully Nelson (to whom his followers should aspire) is neglected by his mother and disturbed by her sexuality. He’s not too stupid to notice that his fans are motivated by severe mommy issues, so he uses that.

So, like, how dare you make fun of his eating disorder!!! He’s so pathetically weak, frail, stupid, incompetent, diseased, etc., that he is beneath criticism. You now have a moral obligation to respect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Most people who pursue academia as a career have this inherent desire to not only be considered smart and correct but also to argue in the "correct" way.

It just so happens that theyve also created all the rules and know them better. Trying to engage in a debate with an academic like Jorp is like playing a tennis game in his backyard but hes the only one that gets shoes and the good racket.

It makes any interaction really insufferable because they just insist over and over that they are being misunderstood or misconstrued.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still say a lot might be explained by jorps having a massive case of anhedonia.

I'm not sure anything else could be the case. The guy oozes "unable to experience joy in any capacity" from every pore.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, like.... I *get*the low carb diet, but does he not eat vegetables? That's kind of key to all of that, it's not supposed to be meat meat meat all the time.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He’s not on a low-carb diet, he has a severe eating disorder.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm not sure anything else could be the case. The guy oozes "unable to experience joy in any capacity" from every pore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewA_tCQD7QA

I'd never seen anyone play with an RC toy without a grin on their face until this video.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

The_Continental posted:

Most people who pursue academia as a career have this inherent desire to not only be considered smart and correct but also to argue in the "correct" way.

It just so happens that they've also created all the rules and know them better. Trying to engage in a debate with an academic like Jorp is like playing a tennis game in his backyard but hes the only one that gets shoes and the good racket.

It makes any interaction really insufferable because they just insist over and over that they are being misunderstood or misconstrued.

Having spent a lot of my life in that sort of environment - yes. It's not everyone, but there are a lot of academics with this oversized almost macho attitude about their intelligence, where they absolutely have to win any argument and constantly look for ways to dominate intellectually. And should they prove to be wrong? They'll talk until they're blue in the face that you've misunderstood, or that they're actually right but (insert very specific qualifications), or they were actually answering this other question (that no one asked) ...

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'd never seen anyone play with an RC toy without a grin on their face until this video.

:lol: his expression looks like he’s piloting a goddamn bomb disposal robot or something

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He’s not on a low-carb diet, he has a severe eating disorder.

Orthorexia, I think? Same as people that start chugging nothing but organic fruit smoothies, just meatier. Well, beefier.

Because it’s not just low carb or even just meat: it is specifically beef and salt and water only. He says he took some apple vinegar cider once and said it send him into a sleepless doom spiral for 25 days. Also he started it because of his daughter I guess, who took it up first?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The stone face when doing activities looks cool for one person and one person alone:

It's understandable for people who have atrophied/paralyzed facial muscles, but wow, what a joyless fuckabout.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jorko doesn't have an eating disorder, hes on a fad diet his dumbass daughter invented.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The_Continental posted:

It just so happens that theyve also created all the rules and know them better. Trying to engage in a debate with an academic like Jorp is like playing a tennis game in his backyard but hes the only one that gets shoes and the good racket.

Well shiiiit, you just perfectly described my Gul Dukat buddy I talked about five pages earlier.

His latest gem is a 300-word scree about how, yeah, fascism is bad, but so is communism, hmmmm?

Edit; screed. He didn't post a 300-word pile of loose rocks.

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 16, 2020

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Strategic Tea posted:

Why is he so small? Is he far away?

His pure beef-fed daughter is large and strong.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Does Jorky have a giantess incest fetish? Signs point to yes...

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Who What Now posted:

Does Jorky have a giantess incest fetish? Signs point to yes...

"Grandma, no!"

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Why did he drink apple cider vinegar, the cooking/baking ingredient? Did he think it was regular apple cider, the delicious beverage?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I think it was regular cider. But I mean this is Jordan Bugfuck-stupid Peterson we're talking about.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Beefily filling my pants in orange-juice inspired terror

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

I think it was regular cider. But I mean this is Jordan Bugfuck-stupid Peterson we're talking about.

Even then that still leaves open the question of whether it was actual cider, or just apple juice that Americans for some reason refer to as "cider."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The boo-hoo reaction makes a lot of sense when you keep in mind Jorp’s central thesis, that his followers are inherently weak and stupid.

Like, the very first lesson: you are a “small lobster”. Even among these slime-eating creatures, you are inferior. You are the bitch of the sea. But, unlike the real animals, you have the capacity to play make-believe. You can pretend that you’re genetically superior even though you know you are genetically poo poo. You can believe illusions of racial heirarchy and devote your life to them, etc.

So it’s pretty obvious why Peterson’s constant fuckups, failures, crying, pissing himself, etc.... these do little to demystify him. Feeling victimized is the core of it all.

Everybody knows, after all, that bullies have low self-esteem, were probably themselves abused.... Jorp’s extremely quick to say that cartoon bully Nelson (to whom his followers should aspire) is neglected by his mother and disturbed by her sexuality. He’s not too stupid to notice that his fans are motivated by severe mommy issues, so he uses that.

So, like, how dare you make fun of his eating disorder!!! He’s so pathetically weak, frail, stupid, incompetent, diseased, etc., that he is beneath criticism. You now have a moral obligation to respect him.

squares with a lot of the incel pity party bullshit about being cruelly thrust into this world the lowest of the low because they've got thin collarbones or whatever when you put it that way

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Jordan Peterson has a constitution score of 6

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Roll a Con save, disadvantage because apples have a Chaotic Female alignment."

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
chaos being female is weird since in nature males and their seed are all over the place while females kept the nest in order

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Why did he drink apple cider vinegar, the cooking/baking ingredient? Did he think it was regular apple cider, the delicious beverage?

I knew a girl who did this in high school cause according to her it took away the hunger so she could not eat and get slimmer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Well shiiiit, you just perfectly described my Gul Dukat buddy I talked about five pages earlier.

His latest gem is a 300-word scree about how, yeah, fascism is bad, but so is communism, hmmmm?

Edit; screed. He didn't post a 300-word pile of loose rocks.

Gul Dukat DID spent a lot of time going mad in caves, though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

chaos being female is weird since in nature males and their seed are all over the place while females kept the nest in order

Joor Petergriffinson is a rabid misogynist

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Like he hates most women as individuals but he absolutely loathes women as a concept.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I too, like Jorban Weeberston, base my opinion on females solely on 1950s Stand Up Comedy bits

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

It's awesome how the best photo they had of him without a shirt on makes him look like a depressed tomato reading some bathroom scales.

He's such a deeply unhappy man, is this why pathetic bigots follow him

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Beefily filling my pants in orange-juice inspired terror

Get beefy Chaos beetch

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Anybody got that “are you still eating your all meat diet? unfortunately, yes” gif someone posted earlier. It’s too good to get lost.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

All this talk of Perterson reminds me of an interview with another Peterson piece of garbage. David clearly doesn't take him seriously and it makes for an entertaining interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0KuwInuxM

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Amazin!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

All this talk of Perterson reminds me of an interview with another Peterson piece of garbage. David clearly doesn't take him seriously and it makes for an entertaining interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0KuwInuxM

Holy poo poo this exchange in the first 3 minutes

"It's like asking 'when did you stop beating your wife'. Not all questions are fair."

"I don't... Well, maybe?"

"Well, maybe you beat your wife."

"Do you ever beat your wife?"

"I'm not married."

"Well wait until you get married."

":stare:"

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Has he explained how he doesn’t get scurvy from the beef diet? Or is that the advice you have to pay Mikhaila for? I was looking on her site but I only found advice about jamming stuff up your butt https://mikhailapeterson.com/how-to-take-medications-safely-and-avoid-fillers/

Also it’s kind of worrying how she says they all have symptoms of celiac disease/“probably” have celiac but never says any of them actually got a test for it. “Keep eating out at restaurants but just order beef” is advice that’ll get you killed if youre genuinely celiac

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Remember when they were doing $5,000 exclusive Jorp U courses?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Buck Turgidson posted:

It's awesome how the best photo they had of him without a shirt on makes him look like a depressed tomato reading some bathroom scales.

I always assumed the cover was put together by them, which probably means Michaela. Was it self-published?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

apple cider vinegar is delicious and you can either swig it straight from the bottle or mix it with water and a little honey for a nice drink

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mozi posted:

apple cider vinegar is delicious and you can either swig it straight from the bottle or mix it with water and a little honey for a nice drink

It's a natural remedy for yeast infections when taken orally, or so my friend tells me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

FilthyImp posted:

Remember when they were doing $5,000 exclusive Jorp U courses?

https://old.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/a3tpep/peterson_fellowship_acton_mba_something_doesnt/

Whole MBA programs for 50K ++

Turns out: https://peterson.actonnga.org/