Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

fins posted:

What time do patches normally drop?

10AM Pacific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Remember to save your packs.

20 packs once the mid-expansion drops means you will open all of the commons and the majority of the rares if rarity distribution is similar to Galakronds Awakening.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 15, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Those nerfs won't do much to slow down Aggro DH from my ignorant perspective. They will certainly weaken Soul DH to aggro though.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Jeza posted:

Those nerfs won't do much to slow down Aggro DH from my ignorant perspective. They will certainly weaken Soul DH to aggro though.

I actually expect the opposite, the reader nerf is pretty substantial. The blade dance one isn't enough IMO. Mystic nerf is bad but I don't think that's the soul DH problem.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

One wonders what happens to Hunter after both the Reader nerf (on the Aggro side) and the Brann nerf (on the Tempo side). Guess they want Hunter out of the meta for a bit, needs a break from all the work :)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Bastastic posted:

Ughhh not looking forward to evolve shaman taking over the meta

Evolve Shaman might be the hero of the post-patch meta, as the only foil to Whirlkick Rogue dominance.

Jeza posted:

The Dreadlord's Bite nerf is enough, the polkelt+reader nerfs kill the current version.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Chernabog posted:

I actually expect the opposite, the reader nerf is pretty substantial. The blade dance one isn't enough IMO. Mystic nerf is bad but I don't think that's the soul DH problem.

Will probably just sub in Spectral Sight if the nerf is substantial enough. For Soul DH, yeah I'd say the Blade Dance nerf is only small, but it restricts the use early somewhat. But the Mystic nerf is pretty big.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Reader nerf doesn't just make her more expensive, it also makes it harder to dump your hand to maximize your draw off of her. Maybe aggro decks will still run the card but they won't be as happy about it anymore, and I don't think she'll see play at more than 1 copy.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Reading your post reminded me that Jeeves existed, and how powerful even nerfed Reader is by comparison.

The nerf definitely hurts Reader early game, which you can make a strong argument that's all an aggro deck cares about. With midgame when you're often floating mana regardless, the nerf won't do much.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 15, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Thing I learned just now: after Level 50 you no longer have to go to the Rewards Track screen to redeem your reward, you just get the gold automatically thank gently caress.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Did the patch drop? I’m on an iPad, and no changes yet.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnacondaHL posted:

Thing I learned just now: after Level 50 you no longer have to go to the Rewards Track screen to redeem your reward, you just get the gold automatically thank gently caress.

That sounds nice. I just got like 2000 gold because I forgot it existed. :v:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Isn't it kinda weird to have such a substantial balance patch right after the world championships?

Here's what Hearthstone looks like at the highest level with the latest strategy. And now that it's over, let's change everything so half the play in the tournament is no longer relevant.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I imagine that Blizzard thought that was preferable to springing a balance change on everyone right before the championships. Besides, tournament metas differ enough from ladder metas that I'm not sure how much you can learn from how the tournament went.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had goldens of all the non-legendaries except Blade Dance. :toot:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

Did the patch drop? I’m on an iPad, and no changes yet.

the iOS versions usually take a few hours extra to update

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

fisting by many posted:

Isn't it kinda weird to have such a substantial balance patch right after the world championships?

Here's what Hearthstone looks like at the highest level with the latest strategy. And now that it's over, let's change everything so half the play in the tournament is no longer relevant.

I think it's the opposite. They should see how the game is being played at the upper levels before making a decision. And nerfing stuff just before the world championships is nearly unfair. The players prepare for weeks for the championships and to have a nerf thrown in at the last moment could be very frustrating.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Boatswain posted:

Did anyone receive their rewards for picking the a player at Grandmasters?

Haven't got mine yet.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Worldchamp packs will be there next week most likely.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I just opened Legendaries in 3 consecutive packs, probably used up all my luck for a while. Had one pack from a Duels prize with a Legendary in it, then my first 2 of the free 5 packs also had one.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
pretty sure i dusted like 7 voracious readers at the start of this exp because i decided if it didnt go in SA it wouldnt go at all

also that brann nerf kinda sucks. maybe necessary but eh

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The T6 unit that redirects attacks to itself worked a lot better than expected. It lets you get away with having other taunt minions while still being able to manage cleaves, and it soaks up 4 attacks, so it can save your board from a huge mega-windfury. The T5 that becomes a copy of a minion is more useful that I initially expected it to be as well - especially in a menagerie meta where you are rolling for a Lightfang.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Uh, wtf. Thanks to the patch changes I unlocked the second tier of Duels powers and cards.

So I start a Druid game, with the 5 mana power, and build a deck around it.

...and then the game starts and I have the default power and a loving huge curved deck that blows now.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

The T6 unit that redirects attacks to itself worked a lot better than expected. It lets you get away with having other taunt minions while still being able to manage cleaves, and it soaks up 4 attacks, so it can save your board from a huge mega-windfury. The T5 that becomes a copy of a minion is more useful that I initially expected it to be as well - especially in a menagerie meta where you are rolling for a Lightfang.

I thought they removed Lightfang.

Mayveena posted:

I think it's the opposite. They should see how the game is being played at the upper levels before making a decision. And nerfing stuff just before the world championships is nearly unfair. The players prepare for weeks for the championships and to have a nerf thrown in at the last moment could be very frustrating.

Of course balancing right before the championships would be even worse, I guess ideally the game isn't so broken that they don't need to drastically change it as soon as possible :shobon:

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Elysium posted:

Uh, wtf. Thanks to the patch changes I unlocked the second tier of Duels powers and cards.

So I start a Druid game, with the 5 mana power, and build a deck around it.

...and then the game starts and I have the default power and a loving huge curved deck that blows now.

This is confirmed broken now.

After going 0-3 with my hosed deck, I tried another one, Warrior, and it still defaulted me to the base powers after picking the other ones.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/FVEd4tbGgvS8TVVekqi8Xk

Spell Priest is... better now? I don't think it's a Tier 1 or anything, but you can get some really entertaining games out of it. Fixing Nazmani Bloodweaver was a huge help.

### Spell Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Prize Vendor
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAa0GCO0FpAelCdMK1wqvugOfzQO/4AMLlwKcArCRA5mpA5O6A5u6A9fOA+LeA/vfA7bhA8rhAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Basically you have three win conditions:
1) stick a Bloodweaver and Veilweaver to the board and get infinite value;
2) Pen Flinger early and often; or
3) Gadgetzan into C'Thun.

It's a bitch to pilot though, fifty games in and I'm still making game-losing misplays. Part of that was because I didn't realize I needed Pen Flinger until the last ten-ish games (and now I think I might need to get the second copy in, it's that good). The rest, though, is just that you're going to be dealing with a lot of generated cards and you need to know exactly what your opponent might have to properly leverage your random (and often situational) poo poo. On the plus side, nobody you encounter will be expecting this fuckery from a Priest either so they often mulligan wrong.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

orangelex44 posted:

Basically you have three win conditions:
1) stick a Bloodweaver and Veilweaver to the board and get infinite value;
2) Pen Flinger early and often; or
3) Gadgetzan into C'Thun.

It's a bitch to pilot though, fifty games in and I'm still making game-losing misplays. Part of that was because I didn't realize I needed Pen Flinger until the last ten-ish games (and now I think I might need to get the second copy in, it's that good). The rest, though, is just that you're going to be dealing with a lot of generated cards and you need to know exactly what your opponent might have to properly leverage your random (and often situational) poo poo. On the plus side, nobody you encounter will be expecting this fuckery from a Priest either so they often mulligan wrong.

That looks pretty cool, I'll have to give it a spin!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So is it just me or are some of the new taunt-oriented BG minions kinda busted

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Color Printer posted:

So is it just me or are some of the new taunt-oriented BG minions kinda busted

Definitely not just you. The Mets is shifting and early taunt bullshit screwed me out of a promising game. Ratings are wiped though so day one is a poo poo show.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't manage to make the taunt build itself work but I did get a huge minion with that guy who grows after a taunt is attacked.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I was playing totem shamen last expansion and it was fun and committed plenty of crimes against humanity and the new legendary just makes it into an even more war crimes deck. Loses to fast(er) board control and paladin, though, so it'll never be top tier. But, still fun and very fast.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Decided to start playing Galakrond Warrior in wild, and its a sleeper fun deck. Brann into Scion of Ruin on turn 7 is a great feeling.

I have named the deck "galakrond? in MY wild?!"

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
Something amazing going on with corrupt minions in this patch - at least for me in Duels, might be treasure related I can't tell.

When they die, they come back uninteractable and take up board space. I'm pretty sure the opponent can see them as well, since I see them mouse over them. Other than that, they don't seem to hurt much.

I was worried I lost the board space, but then I got a board full of clowns for A++ bug fun

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Krolm posted:

Something amazing going on with corrupt minions in this patch - at least for me in Duels, might be treasure related I can't tell.

When they die, they come back uninteractable and take up board space. I'm pretty sure the opponent can see them as well, since I see them mouse over them. Other than that, they don't seem to hurt much.

I was worried I lost the board space, but then I got a board full of clowns for A++ bug fun

I had that happen too on my failed Rush Warrior deck with hooftusk.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I just had a phantom minion stick around after death but un-interactable. fun patch

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I played one solitary game of BG and my taunt comp was so wild and cool it caused me and my opponent to bug out and freeze, forcing us to both concede in 5th/6th.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Wow this Anduin fight in the Garrosh book of heroes is some straight up RNG bullshit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Krolm posted:

Yeah this happens in constructed too.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

1 is an even number according to the totems in fight 2 of the Garrosh book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fenarisk posted:

Wow this Anduin fight in the Garrosh book of heroes is some straight up RNG bullshit.

I can’t even beat Jaina...

EDIT: Ok beat the whole thing. Must’ve gotten lucky since I beat Anduin on the first try.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 17, 2020