Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Also, Marvel has split off their purchased digital comics to Comixology, so you can't even use the same app or web page for Unlimited issues and normal purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Will DC Universe stick around after all the corporate reorganization? If anyone has a subscription, could you tell me if the 1980s Vigilante series is available on it -- #1-50 and Annuals 1 and 2? I'm thinking about hunting down the back issues, but not if I can read it all online.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Will DC Universe stick around after all the corporate reorganization? If anyone has a subscription, could you tell me if the 1980s Vigilante series is available on it -- #1-50 and Annuals 1 and 2? I'm thinking about hunting down the back issues, but not if I can read it all online.

Hey Lou!

They’re supposed to be relaunching it in January as a comics only service, with books hitting 6 months after publication, versus the current 1 year.

Anyway, yep, all 50 issues (and both annuals) are on there!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Skwirl posted:

I've pirated comics that I had access to on Unlimited just because it made the reading order easier.

The best is when you own an omnibus but the order makes no sense so you goto read it digitally and that's a whole thing so you just pirate the drat thing and that's the copy you end up reading of the three.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Occasionally ComiXology and (I think) DC Universe have story arc “read next” options, but they’ve been few and far between

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hup posted:

Occasionally ComiXology and (I think) DC Universe have story arc “read next” options, but they’ve been few and far between

Unlimited has some events in reading order, but that's only useful if you want to read everything.

Like recently I wanted to re-read Infinity, but I only really care about the main event split between Avengers, New Avengers and Infinity, I don't want every single other tie-in.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Jesus Christ, that sounds obnoxious. It’s great for Seven Soldiers, though!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hup posted:

Jesus Christ, that sounds obnoxious. It’s great for Seven Soldiers, though!

Original Sin (7 issue main title) has 59 issues.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What underwhelming sales by Marvel and DC this year. DC did $4.99 trades last couple years and this year there’s only a couple things I want to pick up at $5.99. Guess I’m saving this year unless Christmas is better.

e: seems more prices have dropped to $5.99

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 24, 2020

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So does panel view just...not work in Marvel Unlimited? I just signed up today, and panel view does not work with Chrome on my desktop nor on my iPhone 8 app. Everything is updated.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

So does panel view just...not work in Marvel Unlimited? I just signed up today, and panel view does not work with Chrome on my desktop nor on my iPhone 8 app. Everything is updated.

It works on my android tablet.

It's very bad with older comics though.

Edit: at the moment Marvel Unlimited doesn't work at all on my tablet, it's a very bad app.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Marvel have Buy One Get One on Comixology right now, just remember to use the code (MARVELDEC).

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Rincewinds posted:

Marvel have Buy One Get One on Comixology right now, just remember to use the code (MARVELDEC).

Anything in the sales worth combining with this? Right now I just have Kalans Spiderman and the Xmen since I'm an occasional flop house listener (already read it back when I had mu but want to reread)

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The Vision (2015-2016) was quite good, though there is a collected version which is not on sale.

https://www.comixology.eu/Vision-2015-2016/comics-series/58175

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Is Morrison's New X-Men worth it? I remember reading some of it and finding it OK.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I'm at about the same point - I read up to the last dozen issues of his run a while back and liked it at the time.

For things in the current sale, how is Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur? Suitable for (not too young) kids?

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

OptimusShr posted:

Is Morrison's New X-Men worth it? I remember reading some of it and finding it OK.

His take on Magneto ended up being too much of a throwback and ignored what Claremont did with him (to be fair, so did the other pre-Morrison writers), but otherwise it was a good run and worth collecting.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Baby Proof posted:

For things in the current sale, how is Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur? Suitable for (not too young) kids?

I enjoyed it, and yeah it's definitely aimed at the younger kids but it's not like, dumbed down or anything

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Humble Bundle have a quite solid Image collection for sale, Head Looper, Rumble, East of West, etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/discover-image-comics-books

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Rincewinds posted:

Humble Bundle have a quite solid Image collection for sale, Head Looper, Rumble, East of West, etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/discover-image-comics-books

Was gonna post this. Good stuff in there. I'll probably skip it as I have half of the good stuff and still have so much left to read from the old bundle, but it's a steal. Casanova, Middlewest, Mage, Fear Agent.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

sweet, if it doesn't overlap with the previous humble image bundle, that's a score. I don't have much at all in the way of image stuff apart from the fade out (which is excellent btw), and the last bundle.

eta: had a look, and I think Bad Weekend, and Bitch Planet might be overlap. Or they might just be overlap with what I had purchased prior. In any case, that's a buy for me!
'nother addition: Descender was going to be the next thing I borrowed from the library, just before covid shut it down. Great to see it included!

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 17, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm enjoying Gideon Falls (actually been buying the physical books since the beginning). It's getting a bit out there but the first few arcs are pretty interesting, and the art style is cool. So that's included in that bundle too

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

https://twitter.com/ClassicXMen/status/1340760154501988352?s=20

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

drat that's a lot of pages for $0.99 per book

And a ton of Marvel Masterwork volumes, not just what is listed in that tweet.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 21, 2020

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

If you like Marvel cosmic bullshit, this is highly recommended.

Warlock Masterworks Vol. 2: http://www.comixology.com/Warlock-Masterworks-Vol-2/digital-comic/606085

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Uthor posted:

If you like Marvel cosmic bullshit, this is highly recommended.

Warlock Masterworks Vol. 2: http://www.comixology.com/Warlock-Masterworks-Vol-2/digital-comic/606085

Thanks. So far I also went with a few Dr. Strange volumes (and also the Dazzler masterworks because I have to know)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Billy Gnosis posted:

(and also the Dazzler masterworks because I have to know)

oof

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I've spent 99cents on much worse I'm guessing

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can anyone say if anything in this list from the last Humble Bundle is worth reading? I haven't heard of any of these:

badweekend.cbz
bitterroot_vol1.cbz
bogbodies.cbz
cowboyninjavikingcompleteedition.cbz
exorsisters_vol1.cbz
exorsisters_vol2.cbz
fearagent_vol1.cbz
fearagent_vol2.cbz
fearagent_vol3.cbz
fearagent_vol4.cbz
giantsizekungfubiblestories.cbz
hedra.cbz
jupiterslegacy_vol1.cbz
mage_vol1.cbz
mage_vol2.cbz
moonshine_vol1.cbz
moonshine_vol2.cbz
multiplewarheads_vol1.cbz
november_vol1.cbz
oldguard_vol1.cbz
plastic.cbz
prideandjoy.cbz
rockcandymountain_vol1.cbz
rockcandymountain_vol2.cbz
rumble_vol1.cbz
rumble_vol2.cbz
rumble_vol4.cbz
rumble_vol5.cbz
rumble_vol6.cbz
severed.cbz
skyward_vol1.cbz
skyward_vol2.cbz
skyward_vol3.cbz
strangetalentoflutherstrode_vol1.cbz
twistedromance.cbz
underwinter_vol1.cbz
underwinter_vol2.cbz

(The rest I knew of, or was something like Savage Dragon, which I know I won't read.)

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Fear Agent
Luthor Strode is decent
Rock candy maybe, ringing a bell for some reason.
If Bad Weekend is Brubaker then that.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 1, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Old guard was decent (you should watch the Netflix movie afterwards) and I've heard bitter root and November are good but I personally have not read them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fear Agent for sure. Luther Strode but more for the art than anything. Rumble was ok

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Jupiter's Legacy has Frank Quitely art, so instant read for me. Story wasn't too bad from what I remember.
Mage is a classic. Been a long time since I read it, though.
Multiple Warheads is a meandering story, but Brandon Graham art.
November I haven't read, but it's high on my list to check out.

Nthing Fear Agent.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is this a me problem or a DC Universe Infinite problem?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm having this issue in Marvel Unlimited where the book just sits there saying "Loading Page" when I try to stream a book, works fine when I download it to my device. Reading on an iPad.

Any ideas?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Uthor posted:

I'm having this issue in Marvel Unlimited where the book just sits there saying "Loading Page" when I try to stream a book, works fine when I download it to my device. Reading on an iPad.

Any ideas?

Force close it and wait a half hour. I think it's on their end, happens to me constantly.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

K, I'll try it. After looking up how to do that on iOS, :lol:

I was talking about Age of Apocalypse with some friends and trying to keep up with whatever book we were talking about while downloading and deleting on device files was "fun".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't need to wait a half hour. I just force close and open it right back up and it almost always works. I've had the exact same issue on DC's new app as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happens almost every time I leave the app and come back to it. God forbid the billion dollar mega Corp have a working app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

Don't need to wait a half hour. I just force close and open it right back up and it almost always works. I've had the exact same issue on DC's new app as well.

DCs new app is the buggiest thing I've ever seen and I've got no idea how it took them 6 months to remove a tab and then just break all the comic stuff, but here we are.