Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Xachariah posted:

For real? I can't believe the foreign language only parts don't have forced subtitles for the translation, wow.

I can't attest personally but I have seen posts saying it was the case and complaining about it. And I certainly had a good laugh over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I’ve decided I’m going to be a hacker woman but I don’t think I fully understand all the different ways you improve the effectiveness of your hacking. Maybe someone can help.

Can you improve and upgrade your quickhacks or do you need to buy better versions of them?

I saw someone talking about something that made their hacks spread to others. Their example was a hack that made the enemy detonate their grenade and they made it so it spread to everyone around them. How does that work? Is the spreading effect that a perk I’m not seeing? Is it cyberware?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Escape Goat posted:

Cyberpunk 2077: A Farewell to Arms

Cyberpunk: A Better Game About Arms than ARMS

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Anyone find a high collared overcoat in the game? I need the Blade Runner aesthetic.
I skimmed past this and saw "Ruiner aesthetic" and now I want that.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Seymour Buttz posted:

I’ve decided I’m going to be a hacker woman but I don’t think I fully understand all the different ways you improve the effectiveness of your hacking. Maybe someone can help.

Can you improve and upgrade your quickhacks or do you need to buy better versions of them?

I saw someone talking about something that made their hacks spread to others. Their example was a hack that made the enemy detonate their grenade and they made it so it spread to everyone around them. How does that work? Is the spreading effect that a perk I’m not seeing? Is it cyberware?

You can only buy quickhacks up to a certain rarity, you need to upgrade them to max them out to legendo quality. You definitely want that so you want the crafting skills in the quickhack tree. Some hacks have a spreading property which emerges or improves as you upgrade them, there are also perks in the hacking tree that improve the range for the jumping and the amount of jumps. Some top tier cyberdecks also improve the spreading properties. In practice I prefer the hacks that just oneshot everyone to the ones that jump around, so it might come into play less than you think. I think cooldown reduction is ultimately the king of hacking stats where you can get it. Cheers to ya

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Seymour Buttz posted:

Yes you can upgrade your quickhacks by buying the perks that unlock the various tiers of quickhack crafting recipes (Edit: In the Quickhacking tree). Then in crafting you use the lower tier of that hack to craft the higher tier.

They're talking about a specific Cyberdeck called the Tetratonic Rippler, it's made for Ultimate category quickhacks (such as System Reset, Detonate Grenade, Cyberpsychosis and Suicide) and the ultimate quickhack can jump to only one other person (not extendable by perks).

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 17, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

So glad the one and only gay male romance is gated behind not just one, not just two, but three entirely different questlines where you fondle women.

It's just so abundantly loving clear where the devs' mindsets were at and how little they'd considered perspectives from actual queer players.

IIRC at one point they basically stated explicitly their game wasn't going to be trying to say anything strong or any big stance or make any waves, in part because their team includes people with altrightier takes on the things you'd expect a cyberpunk game to comment on.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Seymour Buttz posted:

It's possible to find quickhacks in the world, but in my experience this is way too rare and it's better to beeline for the perks that allow you to craft them yourself- it unlocks the ability to upgrade each hack to the next rarity by spending the components you get from breaching data points.

Also, upgrading your cyberdeck is a huge part of staying powerful, so make sure to hit up ripperdocs often to see what you can get. Each one has a unique set for sale.

One of the top tier decks has a spread effect for ultimate hacks (such as the detonate grenade one), iirc. Personally I use the one that lets you apply offensive hacks in an AoE.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Thanks to all for the Hax Help. I was definitely missing the importance of upgrading the hack crafting perks and crafting better versions for myself.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Shumagorath posted:

I skimmed past this and saw "Ruiner aesthetic" and now I want that.

A motorcycle helmet that has a dense array of LEDs built into the visor so you can display random images/phrases like KILL BOSS?

I'm here for it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I beelined for a blue cyberdeck, first upgrade I did before even paying Vic back. Now saving up for a purple. Prolly not gonna actively seek a legendary. I have done no quickhacking upgrades, just bought a contagion and a ping and called it good. The datashard you can hack as an additional step (the paycheck from Miltech and the datashard for Sandra) have been the only worthwhile quickhacks I have found in the wild.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Re: hackerchat, am I correct in assumptions that a) buying a better deck is preferable to waiting until I find one in the wild and b) crafting quickhacks is better than buying them if you have the perk(s) and can (somehow/allegedly) find the specs?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Khanstant posted:

IIRC at one point they basically stated explicitly their game wasn't going to be trying to say anything strong or any big stance or make any waves, in part because their team includes people with altrightier takes on the things you'd expect a cyberpunk game to comment on.

I mean i don't care much about politics in video games because it's an inherently reactionary media form for babies, but I don't know how you can figure the game isn't taking any stance. Isn't the cyberpunk genre inherently a criticism of capitalism, financialization and exploitation?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

zgrowler2 posted:

Re: hackerchat, am I correct in assumptions that a) buying a better deck is preferable to waiting until I find one in the wild and b) crafting quickhacks is better than buying them if you have the perk(s) and can (somehow/allegedly) find the specs?

i don't think i've seen a single one out in the wild

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it okay if I post prologue spoilers to show off some pictures of the guide? They have some really sweet charts to show how different decisions effect stuff. Really the guide is amazing. Lots of stats and data. It’s the type of guide I loved reading as a kid, but even better.

Also is there some easy way to upload mobile on iOS and get image codes I can paste in here?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

No Mods No Masters posted:

I can't attest personally but I have seen posts saying it was the case and complaining about it. And I certainly had a good laugh over it

... you mean they're not incomprehensible on purpose as part of the setting???

Lol what the gently caress

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

zgrowler2 posted:

I have found 0 decks in the wild

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
I've just discovered that the Akira bike has stash in the rear you can use to store items. Probably means the rest of your vehicles do too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Thanks to all for the Hax Help. I was definitely missing the importance of upgrading the hack crafting perks and crafting better versions for myself.

FWIW I never upgraded mine and just bought quickhacks so far, up to rare at least that works fine

If you take the right perk you also constantly get free quickhacks every time you hack a terminal thing, and those have been some of the best source of eddies in the game for me. If you get the perk that highlights all the terminals in the game world you'll be tripping in them and making 1-2k each easy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I am so sick of grinding XP to try and get my crafting up to legendary, ugh. People talk about just do side stuff get lots of XP and stuff, well t hat sort of peters out in the 20's so now I need 4 more levels to get legendary crafting, I've done tons of the buying/breakingdown cans and making guns etc, have tons of crafting mats. Ugh, just let me get my stupid final rigout of ultimate items and move on with my life game.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

zgrowler2 posted:

I think Cyberdecks are ripperdoc only purchases so just buy the best you can afford. Regarding using crafting to upgrade quickhacks, yeah it's much better. Honestly I don't even know where quickhacks are supposed to come from other than the vendors and crafting. Do I get them from access points sometimes too? Not entirely sure!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Quickhacks are fun but so far even with the upgrades I have waiting on quickhack CDs still feel slower than just rushing in with some weapons and punching/slashing, so considering just starting back over as a melee.

Not sure whether to go blunt/melee or blades. How have people's experiences been with either?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Khanstant posted:

I can't speak for any explicitly toxic attitudes like that, but it's just so patently a straight dudebro POV type of game design. They probably thought they were doing us a favor! Girls are great! The game should have more girls, right? What do you mean this isn't good??

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

I am so sick of grinding XP to try and get my crafting up to legendary, ugh. People talk about just do side stuff get lots of XP and stuff, well t hat sort of peters out in the 20's so now I need 4 more levels to get legendary crafting, I've done tons of the buying/breakingdown cans and making guns etc, have tons of crafting mats. Ugh, just let me get my stupid final rigout of ultimate items and move on with my life game.

sounds like you're ruining the game for yourself. especially since you really don't have to min max to get by.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

sometimes i think people are just bad at paying attention

t-bug: she literally screams out in pain and gets her brain fried

T: I remember her screaming but I mean theres not enough context at that point to really know she’s panicking, got hurt, or her brain got fried and she died. You stubbing your toe and yelling “ow” doesn’t mean you died. It’s also shown in one of the trailers her betraying you with Dex so if you’ve seen that it’s not far-fetched to assume she’s alive.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zerilan posted:

Quickhacks are fun but so far even with the upgrades I have waiting on quickhack CDs still feel slower than just rushing in with some weapons and punching/slashing, so considering just starting back over as a melee.

Not sure whether to go blunt/melee or blades. How have people's experiences been with either?

Quickhacks by default are meant to be mixed with shooty bang bang.

If you want to play the game by doing nothing but quickhacks that won't be viable until you get certain perks that regenerate RAM on a bunch of conditions. There's also cyberware that adds to the same.

Also upgrading your breach protocol to lower the cost of all quickhacks more and more is pretty vital as well.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Zerilan posted:

Blades are completely busted

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Use the exploit I posted a few pages ago, seriously the crafting is too broken to play fair with. You're going to lol at what gets unlocked too

Simone Magus posted:

... you mean they're not incomprehensible on purpose as part of the setting???

Lol what the gently caress

That conversation is pretty much pivotal for setting up the entire plot of the game. That's what we in the biz call an oof

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

One thing I found out is that skill levels cannot exceed the main stat that governs it. So if you got 7 Tech and are at 7 Crafting all that xp is getting dumped into a hole.

If you ever played wow, the concept is familiar.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Linstar posted:

T: I remember her screaming but I mean theres not enough context at that point to really know she’s panicking, got hurt, or her brain got fried and she died. You stubbing your toe and yelling “ow” doesn’t mean you died. It’s also shown in one of the trailers her betraying you with Dex so if you’ve seen that it’s not far-fetched to assume she’s alive.

As I said a few pages ago Someone literally comments on it as you're outside with Jackie on the terrace. I think its V but it may have been Jackie but someone goes "gently caress we got T-bug killed for this" or something to that effect.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That conversation is pretty much pivotal for setting up the entire plot of the game. That's what we in the biz call an oof

lol hadn't considered people would miss that

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

I've sat through like 10 convos in Japanese and Spanish by now

Seriously what the gently caress CDPR lol did you not realize some people turn subtitles off

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rinkles posted:

Yeah uh don't read more Judy spoilers till you progress a bit more

lmao good to know. hopefully that quest won't be bugged on my second run.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

I have found 0 decks in the wild

Same

I restarted after I got a little bit onto Act 2, because I always do that in games like this. two lessons:

1) The auto breakdown perk is garbage because some junk is worth a lot of cash but the perk will gladly break it into a couple common components instead of let you sell it.
2) Upgrade your deck asap, its the single biggest boost to your character in the early game.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Maybe I missed it doing stuff, but I wish it did more with your apartment. I love games that let you do home decorator, and especially ones where the house gets decorated to match what you've done.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
If you use the alternatives for your cyberpunk slots, can you still breach? Or do you get locked out of hacking and breaching both

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Underwhelmed posted:

Same

I restarted after I got a little bit onto Act 2, because I always do that in games like this. two lessons:

1) The auto breakdown perk is garbage because some junk is worth a lot of cash but the perk will gladly break it into a couple common components instead of let you sell it.

On the other hand, money is really easy to get otherwise and you'll want so many common crafting mats it's totally worth the time save

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

I can't speak for any explicitly toxic attitudes like that, but it's just so patently a straight dudebro POV type of game design. They probably thought they were doing us a favor! Girls are great! The game should have more girls, right? What do you mean this isn't good??

I’m kind of a dudebro and I’m having a blast with it. Have done basically no story stuff since hitting the title splash tho.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Maybe I missed it doing stuff, but I wish it did more with your apartment. I love games that let you do home decorator, and especially ones where the house gets decorated to match what you've done.

that's another binned feature, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

There's a surprising amount of little stuff that appears there as you go through the game. It's not a major feature by any means but there's some nice attention to detail