Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

chaosapiant posted:

Speaking of dildos, I’m 40 hours in and seen less than five dildos. Multiple sites wrote articles about the amount of dildos in this game and I can’t figure out if they’re lying, or just actively seeking out stupid poo poo to prattle about.
They patched out the random dildos a couple days after release, replaced them with ashtrays and suchlike.

Chev fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Grouchio posted:

How fuckity hosed is CDPR considering insider intel regarding the state the studio?

Cause this sounds like the worst launch botch since No Mans Sky

They're fine.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CDPR will definitely be fine till their next launch or what have you but they have pretty much set most of their reputation on fire and can only really recover it by a NMS amount of post launch support which incidentally is STILL getting free major content updates.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

gently caress dildos, what are staplers doing sprinkled all over my cyberpunk dystopia? I hope in the next patch CDPR replaces them with something more appropriate like, I dunno, colorful neon dildos?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Figured out my 3070 problem. Middle fan isn't spinning at all. Great.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
mods just rename me the dildo chronicler, i am going to prove how many dildos there are in night city

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Sedisp posted:

CDPR will definitely be fine till their next launch or what have you but they have pretty much set most of their reputation on fire and can only really recover it by a NMS amount of post launch support which incidentally is STILL getting free major content updates.

It’ll be 5 years before their next major release and everyone who doesn’t self identify as a “gamer” will have forgotten, and 90% of “gamers” will forgive and forget.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Toplowtech posted:

So there are vending machines selling guns (which looks like toys) with real ammo for 10$ in game in the poorest streets but people complain about the presence of dildos and horny ads... :thunk:

Yeah sex is bad and enjoying sex makes you horny aka evil

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sedisp posted:

if they have set their reputation on fire it's going to be a very short blaze. By the time their next game comes out hype levels will be the exact same and only a few goony types will be like "lol anybody who buys a CDPR game at launch... :smug:" and no one will give a poo poo and buy it anyways.

Witcher 3 was a mess at launch too even if it wasn't on this level. Besides CP2077 is actually a pretty drat good game sans the bugs and a handful of bad game design decisions. They'll fix it over the coming months, probably give out some free DLC or something as an apology and their rep will be exactly where it was a month ago again. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR was eventually able to flip this whole thing to their advantage with the way they market things.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Grouchio posted:

How fuckity hosed is CDPR considering insider intel regarding the state the studio?

Cause this sounds like the worst launch botch since No Mans Sky

we know EA is evil and Ubisoft generic and we still buy games from them - gamers only known a true allegiance:
how good was your last game - and cyberpunk will end has a positive once most buts are
fixed and people move to next-gen

people laughed at Windows NT for needing more than 6MB of ram to work well

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny seeing people put off by the sex in advertising everywhere in Night City, because I think the unapologetic hedonism in marketing , along with a bunch of other stuff about the game really sells it as a seedy dystopian dump vs the much safer cyberpunk worlds of most video games. If you think it feels unrealistic go to vegas for a few days.

Actually I went to Vegas and stayed on the old strip right before Covid hit, and I am convinced it was the inspiration for most of the look of Night city. It's literally cyberpunk irl.

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O05J_EE7cMs

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 17, 2020

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I am not sure if this is just me, but I am fairly convinced that you do not need to use non lethal weapons to keep the cyberpsychos alive. You just need to avoid follow up blows to 'finish' them once they are disabled.

Things I have used to 'disable' cyber psychos in a 'none lethal' manner: Mantis Blades, Pistols, Fragmentation Grenades, Sniper Rifles, Katanas

I have literally never killed one of them regardless of what horribly murderous weapon I use to finish them with.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What's this insider info on the state of CDPR again? I think I missed something.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Hoping they improve the navigation eventually. Something to telegraph upcoming turns a bit better so I can speed through traffic without glancing at the minimap constantly.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Palpek posted:

What's this insider info on the state of CDPR again? I think I missed something.

The owners going to be drinking dos comas and hes sad about it

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was mostly just curious about if the rampant sex was a genre thing or not. I find it hilarious mostly just because of how ridiculously over-the-top it all is. In particular I remember walking into the bar where you meet Evelyn and promptly seeing an ad for Watson Whore on a TV. Just like bam here's a dude with his rear end out and a huge schlong who does anything being advertised as regular weekly show like it's just normal business.

Never been to Vegas but I 100% believe that it's not too far off from this though.

Here's a youtube compilation of the ridiculous TV ads in-game though. NSFW Obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7JVixmYUMM

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Patrat posted:

I am not sure if this is just me, but I am fairly convinced that you do not need to use non lethal weapons to keep the cyberpsychos alive. You just need to avoid follow up blows to 'finish' them once they are disabled.

Things I have used to 'disable' cyber psychos in a 'none lethal' manner: Mantis Blades, Pistols, Fragmentation Grenades, Sniper Rifles, Katanas

I have literally never killed one of them regardless of what horribly murderous weapon I use to finish them with.

Honestly not sure myself. I used poison to incapacitate the last one I fought (normally poison leaves people alive), but when I texted the lady, V said they were flatlined. Redid it with a baseball bat and worked fine.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Patrat posted:

There is an mod for your eye cyberwear that makes ALL damage non-lethal, make sure you're not using that. It sucks BTW, the description says it removes the damage bonus from headshots.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CodeJanitor posted:

Is the shard to start the cat quest at that same location in your apt building? Not finding anything there to start this quest :(

Yeah, it's on a barrel next to the bowl.

Chev posted:

They patched out the random dildos a couple days after release, replaced them with ashtrays and suchlike.

Ah, that would explain all the ashtrays I see everywhere.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Joining gun chat to say I’m using the crazy Skippy smart gun on “stone cold psycho” mode and it just merks people left and right between the headshot bonus and distance perks in the handgun tree.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Kaedric posted:

Honestly not sure myself. I used poison to incapacitate the last one I fought (normally poison leaves people alive), but when I texted the lady, V said they were flatlined. Redid it with a baseball bat and worked fine.

As far as I can tell it's because of the DOTs being applied once the target is downed. I've been headshotting them with Overwatch and they fall asleep after the last bullet like clockwork. Smack em with a shock weapon, er...not so much if it procs.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I was trying to be stealthy but ive decided switching peoples eyes off and then beating them to death with an electric pimp cane or talking to a ceiling fan and learning where everyones standing in the basement then shooting them through the floor with a magic gun is generally more effective.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

It’ll be 5 years before their next major release and everyone who doesn’t self identify as a “gamer” will have forgotten, and 90% of “gamers” will forgive and forget.

This is somewhat false with capital g Gamers and the majority of other gamers are stuck on the worst hit systems and will 100% be inundated with a more skeptical press whenever they release the Witcher 4. It's still going to sell well regardless obviously but short of NMS style support they kind of have deservedly lost their reputation as consumer friendly developers.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Palpek posted:

I'm guessing some people think there's some kind of internal strife or drama going on, instead of it basically being a re-tread of the witcher games at launch. CDPR isn't great at releasing great games, but they have a pretty decent track record of patching them into loving incredible games

While not reaching the fever pitch of Twitter hyperbole, there's still "this is the worst loving release" and "they should be ashamed" bullshit goons always cry about regardless of the game. Every new game thread has the same thing, a herd of goons jerking off over the game followed a few days later by a bunch making GBS threads all over it and explaining why the people who enjoy it are wrong.

Enjoying the poo poo out of the game and times soaking in the pretty, but mostly I'm just here for Princess Dress Up pictures and hidden locations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

I'm guessing some people think there's some kind of internal strife or drama going on, instead of it basically being a re-tread of the witcher games at launch. CDPR isn't great at releasing great games, but they have a pretty decent track record of patching them into loving incredible games

While not reaching the fever pitch of Twitter hyperbole, there's still "this is the worst loving release" and "they should be ashamed" bullshit goons always cry about regardless of the game. Every new game thread has the same thing, a herd of goons jerking off over the game followed a few days later by a bunch making GBS threads all over it and explaining why the people who enjoy it are wrong.

Enjoying the poo poo out of the game and times soaking in the pretty, but mostly I'm just here for Princess Dress Up pictures and hidden locations.

Tbh and maybe it's just me misremembering the witcher 3s launch but the witcher 3 had optimization problems and some jank but it was not fundamentally broken on the ps4 and bone to the point of apologies and refunds on offer.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So uh, I guess this is why Kojima Productions was in the credits for the game:

https://twitter.com/505GamesJapan/status/1339513804573396997

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So uh, I guess this is why Kojima Productions was in the credits for the game:

https://twitter.com/505GamesJapan/status/1339513804573396997

lol

that's really weird!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
metal monk side gig question

any long term payout going peaceful vs violent?

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

There is an mod for your eye cyberwear that makes ALL damage non-lethal, make sure you're not using that. It sucks BTW, the description says it removes the damage bonus from headshots.

I am definitely not using that and I regularly kill normal people. I just think that the cyber psychos in particular are either different or bugged and you do not need to use non lethal weapons to disable them.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

metal monk side gig question

any long term payout going peaceful vs violent?

AFAIK it only changes to dialogue from the rescued monk. He is very grateful if you beat everyone unconscious with a lead pipe.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sedisp posted:

Tbh and maybe it's just me misremembering the witcher 3s launch but the witcher 3 had optimization problems and some jank but it was not fundamentally broken on the ps4 and bone to the point of apologies and refunds on offer.

It was the opposite of Cyberpunk. It ran like poo poo on even high end PCs and you had to turn off features like hairworks to get it running smoothly. I remember it ran like rear end on my 1070.

There were certainly some large issues with Witcher 3 at launch. There was a bug where you got no xp for completing quests and one where your quest giver just never spawned in game. I just googled Witcher 3 bugs and... there’s a lot from around launch.

If Cyberpunk gets the same treatment that the Witcher did then the game will end up great.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
the game's already great and they've made a killing, despite even the idiot analyst that bought into the hype and not their brains

e: for context its well on track to make a billion dollars, it cost 150 million to make, probably another 50 million to market

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Romes128 posted:

It was the opposite of Cyberpunk. It ran like poo poo on even high end PCs and you had to turn off features like hairworks to get it running smoothly. I remember it ran like rear end on my 1070.

There were certainly some large issues with Witcher 3 at launch. There was a bug where you got no xp for completing quests and one where your quest giver just never spawned in game. I just googled Witcher 3 bugs and... there’s a lot from around launch.

If Cyberpunk gets the same treatment that the Witcher did then the game will end up great.

Huh I was on the same card and I remember it running okay minus the hairworks thing that I just turned off by default as it never loving worked on any game at launch.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Chev posted:

We will never experience the TRUE Cyberpunk experience... :magical:

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

My game clock just hit 30 hours, and I have to say that the thing thats landed for me most in this game is the characters. The development between V and others has just felt so natural. Quality animation and modeling goes a long way, and I think the game also strikes a really good balance of driving the action forward, while also letting you learn about people. I love The Witcher 3, but most of the main characters in Geralt's orbit are ones that he has a pre existing relationship with, so its a different dynamic. I just started Act 3, and V's relationship with Johnny has wildly transformed over the last two dozen hours. We are now, as the kids say, chooms. Same goes for Judy. I just completed Judy's questline, and comparing her final mission to when you first meet her in the story, its such a change, but an incredibly believable one. I have been invested in characters enough that when I haven't heard from them for a while, I call them to see whats going on. And when they ring and ask for help, I feel motivated to drop what I'm doing.

Its interesting how much combat changes, and opens up, as you get more perks and cyberware. I now leap around a fight, dipping in and out of slow motion, detonating one enemy's grenade while slicing another to pieces with my mantis blades. Its good stuff. Has never felt particularly deep to me, just because of how blah the enemy AI is, but its flashy and quick enough that it hasn't been boring.

Reading other people's negative experiences online is almost surreal for me. I'd been building a new PC through the year, ended up with a Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 3060ti, and at 1080p, I've has almost no performance issues with raytracing on and almost everything maxed. Like, there have been some bugs, a few T poses, a couple of times where my controls went weird, or an item splash screen stayed up, but I haven't had anything that hasn't been fixed by saving, and reloading. Nothing worse than any other open world game.

I am sympathetic to console players who were sold a false bill of goods regarding performance, and hopefully CDPR can do something for them. But I have less sympathy for people who are angry that they didn't get a Rockstar level simulated world. Expectations were just completely out of control online. Even in the old thread here. FPS cyberpunk Witcher with some Deus Ex style pathing options is what I expected, and thats essentially what I got. I don't really get how someone can look at this game, with its fantastic writing and interesting world, and say, no its a bad game, what I really want is to be able to sit down in more locations and buy apartments.

No barber and the tiny minimap is bullshit tho

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

lol

that's really weird!

There’s a Death Stranding update that just went live. They added missions that include Cyberpunk characters and lore. Some other stuff too like cosmetics from Cyberpunk.

I’m downloading it now. 34 gigs on steam.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Player fashion in this game is such a miss. I can’t even ride my motorcycle because I look like such a joke in 3rd person mode. Every NPC looks cool as hell, why are all the clothes I can wear absolutely stupid?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Xachariah posted:

Final scene of the quest is the ghost of Johnny Silverhand in a posture of deep respect,

One of my favorite moments, in a game with a lot of them.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

NicelyNice posted:

Player fashion in this game is such a miss. I can’t even ride my motorcycle because I look like such a joke in 3rd person mode. Every NPC looks cool as hell, why are all the clothes I can wear absolutely stupid?

I just upgraded and modded clothes I liked to keep numbers going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NicelyNice posted:

If you play on normal the game isn't hard enough to justify sacrificing looking cool for the sake of stats. I am lvl 17 and wearing a jacket with no armor because it looks dope and the game isn't hard anyways.