Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

Top right corner there's a little "wifi" symbol.

Wow thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of last-gen games, IGN reviewed the PS4/XB1 version and gave it a 4 ("Bad"). The verdict at the end says "get a refund":

quote:

If your only option right now is playing Cyberpunk 2077 on either of the base console platforms, I highly suggest you don’t play at all until its many terrible performance issues are fixed. And if you’ve already bought it and had an experience similar to what I’ve described, you should absolutely get a refund if possible. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are simply not in an acceptable state, and it makes me sad to think that so many people are having their first Cyberpunk 2077 experience ruined this way – because when it works, it’s a fantastic RPG.

quote:

Please don't play Cyberpunk 2077 on a base Xbox One or PS4.

Review is here: https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-for-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-review

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I got a Series X. I haven’t had an Xbox since the 360. I’m trying to login with my old gamer tag (to the Xbox live app not the actual Xbox yet), but I guess you can’t do that anymore? Nor does the email I’m 99.9% sure I had on the account show up with any gamertag. Should I just start from scratch or is there a way to recover this stuff? Xbox support is a mess.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ScooterMcTiny posted:

I got a Series X. I haven’t had an Xbox since the 360. I’m trying to login with my old gamer tag (to the Xbox live app not the actual Xbox yet), but I guess you can’t do that anymore? Nor does the email I’m 99.9% sure I had on the account show up with any gamertag. Should I just start from scratch or is there a way to recover this stuff? Xbox support is a mess.

You can try resetting the password at account.microsoft.com, just keep in mind that you can't merge them anymore so if you have an account you already use on pc for windows 10 or something you should use that one.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Celexi posted:

You can try resetting the password at account.microsoft.com, just keep in mind that you can't merge them anymore so if you have an account you already use on pc for windows 10 or something you should use that one.

That just prompts me to login with my live account that is with the gmail I know used to be on my old gamertag but then it wants me to select a new gamertag. There’s no way I can tell to actually login with a gamertag anymore.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Any advice on how to keep an eye out for a Series X at this point? I thought I had signed up for a tracker website, but missed that some went up yesterday at Walmart. Or just grab one in 2022 when covid is over?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ScooterMcTiny posted:

That just prompts me to login with my live account that is with the gmail I know used to be on my old gamertag but then it wants me to select a new gamertag. There’s no way I can tell to actually login with a gamertag anymore.

That means your gamertag got reset, just select a new one and your old achivements/stats/purchases should still be there if it was the same email address.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A few years ago they said log into your old xbl account or lose it so its probably gone if it was dormant for a decade

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

A few years ago they said log into your old xbl account or lose it so its probably gone if it was dormant for a decade

Ah that makes sense. And I can’t claim it back?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Ah that makes sense. And I can’t claim it back?

you should be able to get your stats/games back, but not the gamertag.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Celexi posted:

you should be able to get your stats/games back, but not the gamertag.

Awesome, super helpful thanks

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

a friend of mine showed me some reddit/twitter post that said "ive been waiting 8 years for this game now its trash on my xbox one base console I have nothing left to look forward to"

its like man, what the gently caress, you had 8 years of self-inflicted hype and during those 8 years theres been plenty of wet-fart games hit the market, you could have educated yourself on how video games work to understand it was never going to look like the demos on a base console, you could have done so much to temper your own expectations, yet you handed over $10 for a teaser trailer 8 years ago and expected it to pay off like some kind of penny stock investment or some poo poo.

it blows my mind that. Gamers truly are the worst.

Eh, if they aren't sending death threats over it they are pretty far from the bottom.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

This was just for the gamertag itself, not the rest of the account. The threat was "if your account stays dormant we're going to reset your gamertag to something generic and then your original name is up for grabs if someone claims it."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's no point in being sad about Cyberpunk 2077, when the next Cyberpunk game coming out is Stray. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332010/Stray/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nice that's coming to PC. It looked interesting.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Snowmankilla posted:

Any advice on how to keep an eye out for a Series X at this point? I thought I had signed up for a tracker website, but missed that some went up yesterday at Walmart. Or just grab one in 2022 when covid is over?

I’m saying sack it, bought the kids a dirt cheap PS4 pro for all the exclusives they have for my kid’s Christmas present, and am waiting till the supply issue is fixed and I can get controllers and games thrown in in a bundle deal.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

learnincurve posted:

I’m saying sack it, bought the kids a dirt cheap PS4 pro for all the exclusives they have for my kid’s Christmas present, and am waiting till the supply issue is fixed and I can get controllers and games thrown in in a bundle deal.

This is what I did but with a One S. My kid hasn't had a console in ages so with everything on gamepass he's gonna be set for a long while.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Crafty posted:

Codemasters being bought by EA is a good thing for GamePass ultimate, the gift that keeps on giving. Micromachines battle royale (fall guys style) please

Bad thing for Codemasters, though. Brexit must be really hitting them hard if they're looking for a publisher to buy them. I don't know why they don't ditch the godawful Driveclub team they bought since they've just made two crap games and drag the whole studio down.

Apparently Take Two was going to buy them before EA jumped in with a higher offer. Now EA's got them they'll just be forced to make Need for Speed & F1 games until inevitably being reduced to a shell of a studio after all talent leaves and EA finally shuts them down. Will suck seeing the Dirt franchise die with the last game being Dirt 5, was hoping Dirt 3.0 would come eventually and that they'd give Grid another shot since the reboot was generally good and just lacked content.

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 17, 2020

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Code Vein is on console game pass. I’ve been looking forward to trying it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Laserface posted:

a friend of mine showed me some reddit/twitter post that said "ive been waiting 8 years for this game now its trash on my xbox one base console I have nothing left to look forward to"

its like man, what the gently caress, you had 8 years of self-inflicted hype and during those 8 years theres been plenty of wet-fart games hit the market, you could have educated yourself on how video games work to understand it was never going to look like the demos on a base console, you could have done so much to temper your own expectations, yet you handed over $10 for a teaser trailer 8 years ago and expected it to pay off like some kind of penny stock investment or some poo poo.

it blows my mind that. Gamers truly are the worst.

This is why I've basically checked out of game news stuff besides games being announced and reviews when released. There've been a bunch of games I've enjoyed because I went in expecting to be entertained when folks who followed the hype went in expecting to have their minds blown. There are tons of, like, 8.2 out of 10 games that are perfectly enjoyable if you don't start out expecting trees that grow in real time and AI that can do your taxes for you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Code Vein is on console game pass. I’ve been looking forward to trying it.

It sucks, sorry.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Shirkelton posted:

It sucks, sorry.
I bet that depends on your propensity to enjoy anime. I like some anime here and there but playing Code Vein's first mission I just couldn't stop wishing it was more Souls and less anime.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

400 games on game pass and I'm playing Skyrim again. At least this time I can use cool mods (coming from PS4). Still, it's like a completely different game with 60fps mod and other stuff.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Akuma posted:

I bet that depends on your propensity to enjoy anime. I like some anime here and there but playing Code Vein's first mission I just couldn't stop wishing it was more Souls and less anime.

Yea I was not prepared for this much anime despite being warned. It reminds of those god eater games, there’s some interesting rpg mechanics there but the combat is off. It’s not arcadey enough to be fun or visceral enough to be interesting like the soulsborne games.

Seems bad. I’m not going to listen to the dumb story and I’d rather play dark souls or the surge again.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Happy Hedonist posted:

Yea I was not prepared for this much anime despite being warned. It reminds of those god eater games, there’s some interesting rpg mechanics there but the combat is off. It’s not arcadey enough to be fun or visceral enough to be interesting like the soulsborne games.

Seems bad. I’m not going to listen to the dumb story and I’d rather play dark souls or the surge again.
This sounds like a lot of people's reactions to Nier: Automata, so drat I better try it

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Martman posted:

This sounds like a lot of people's reactions to Nier: Automata, so drat I better try it

I bounced hard off that too, so yea, give it a shot!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Surge 2 was definitely a surprise enjoy from gamepass. After playing some other naff souls knockoffs it was the only one that felt good and needing more budget so I don't have to fight the same boss 4 friggan times

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just hope EA Games allows Codemasters to do their own thing. I just don't want the F1 series to be meddled with, it's finally getting good after years of being just an okay F1racing sim. And it's the only thing Codemasters puts out that is even decent at all. EA use to actually make their own F1 series too, but the last one was in 2003.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I like Darksiders 3 too. It's another one with goofy feeling combat though. There is what seems like zero feedback on most attacks but moves string together smoothly enough that I enjoy it. Plus you can easily skip the dumb story and still have a good time.

I've always liked the Darksiders games. I like that they are just balls to the wall stupid video game story and that they have a mostly chill pace to them.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Martman posted:

Very different kinds of anime

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

John F Bennett posted:

400 games on game pass and I'm playing Skyrim again. At least this time I can use cool mods (coming from PS4). Still, it's like a completely different game with 60fps mod and other stuff.

I'm annoyed that Fallout 4 has a FPS unlock mod as well but the modder (with good intentions) also did a bunch of graphics and resolution changes to try and get the Xbox One to play it at 60fps (lol) so the game looks like poo poo with it on. I don't know why the Xbox's team hyped giving Fallout 4 60fps back in October and we're now in December and nothing has been said since about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Code vein doesnt just look like god eater, it is god eater modded into a souls game.
Thats why the levels are so boring and ugly. Fun combat tho

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

I just hope EA Games allows Codemasters to do their own thing. I just don't want the F1 series to be meddled with, it's finally getting good after years of being just an okay F1racing sim. And it's the only thing Codemasters puts out that is even decent at all. EA use to actually make their own F1 series too, but the last one was in 2003.

Bioware.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

Get ready for the next need for speed reboot 😑

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Get ready for the next need for speed reboot 😑

How many times can you reboot that series before you just take it out back and bury it for good???

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

How many times can you reboot that series before you just take it out back and bury it for good???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are we talking about busted launch consoles?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's here, dreams are being powered as we speak :toot:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just got a Series X. Are there any titles or anything in the store that really show off the graphics capabilities of this? I'll be picking up Valhalla, and I already have Watchdogs Legion. The speed in loading games is nice, and I've subscribed to gamepass for now cause it was cheap, but I wasn't sure if there was anything out there that really looked impressive yet, or significantly better than what my One S was capable of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Just got a Series X. Are there any titles or anything in the store that really show off the graphics capabilities of this? I'll be picking up Valhalla, and I already have Watchdogs Legion. The speed in loading games is nice, and I've subscribed to gamepass for now cause it was cheap, but I wasn't sure if there was anything out there that really looked impressive yet, or significantly better than what my One S was capable of.

I've heard that Gears 5 is very impressive. I'm not a huge Gears fan but I plan on giving it a shot just to see how it looks