Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Aw man, what happened to Mena Suvari? Besides Hollywood being awful to women past the age of 25, I mean.
She recently played Nicole Brown Simpson in a "what-if-OJ-didn't-do-it" docudrama. It has a 0% on RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My Twitter Account posted:

She recently played Nicole Brown Simpson in a "what-if-OJ-didn't-do-it" docudrama. It has a 0% on RT.

That's right, it was based on a bizarre discredited theory about a serial killer being responsible (a specific guy not just a serial killer in general.)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Grendels Dad posted:

Aw man, what happened to Mena Suvari? Besides Hollywood being awful to women past the age of 25, I mean.

Even more awful, I mean.

I watched the movie Stuck because it had good reviews. It was very hard to watch.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

muscles like this! posted:

That's right, it was based on a bizarre discredited theory about a serial killer being responsible (a specific guy not just a serial killer in general.)

I had a relative who believed this very wild theory he read a book about where the killer was OJ's long lost son who worked as a chef in a different state but was obsessed with knives and stabbing people since a young age and had been arrested many times in the past for stabbing people

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I watched the movie Stuck because it had good reviews. It was very hard to watch.

Is that the one where the stepmom gets stuck taking clothes out of the dryer, and dad's away on business?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is that the one where the stepmom gets stuck taking clothes out of the dryer, and dad's away on business?

That Ain't Stuck.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

Step brother what are you doing

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Grendels Dad posted:

Even more awful, I mean.

Sadly Directors and production companies are reluctant to work with actors who require an Imax screen just for their forehead.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Sadly Directors and production companies are reluctant to work with actors who require an Imax screen just for their forehead.

:drat:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Never kept anyone from casting Christopher Walken.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Quote-Unquote posted:

Charlie Brooker once referred to Greg Grunberg in Heroes as "fat Keanu Reeves" and so I think Greg should get his own action movie franchise.

John Thick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Don't set him on (the scale)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Grendels Dad posted:

Never kept anyone from casting Christopher Walken.

this probbly did
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1339404980789325831?s=20

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I've heard he also doesn't have a wrist watch.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

I've heard he also doesn't have a wrist watch.

He doesn't keep it in his wrist.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"I've also never been on a boat near Catalina Island before with my friend Robert Wagner!" - Christopher Walken

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Wrong Turn, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDdGpjjtq-o

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want to see a movie called Right Turn where they're on their way to a funeral and instead end up in a fun, happy adventure where everything is okay.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vince MechMahon posted:

I want to see a movie called Right Turn where they're on their way to a funeral and instead end up in a fun, happy adventure where everything is okay.

Their car breaks down in the middle of the woods, but it's okay! Because this band of happy, only slightly inbred good ol' boys will have them on their way soon enough with a few laffs (and maybe a song or two)!

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

And here I thought we were done with the whole “sequel and reboot” thing

Sidenote, is the MPAA just the MPA now?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Oh hi Matthew Modine!

Also, this looks like a gritty Ewok movie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1340084148036374533

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wasn't the first sequel originally supposed to come out like five years ago?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ah, the month where I thought “3D is the future!”

Before I realized “3D will most often continue to be a lovely gimmick that increases the price of a movie ticket”.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chairman Capone posted:

Probably longer than that

I'll believe the Avatar sequels are real when they actually come out

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'll believe the Avatar sequels are real when they actually come out

:same:

What gets to me about how we are getting a sequel to one of the most forgettable movies ever 11 years after the face. No seriously, without looking it up, how many characters from Avatar can you name? I swear to you, whatever tiny number you got, people (myself included) had around six months after Avatar came out. avatar isn't a movie, it's a glorified theme park ride.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Chairman Capone posted:

James Cameron took his "Use films to indulge in my underwater fetish" scam to the next level. Avatar 2 will never be released, it's just his way to trick the studios to pay him to live underwater. Overtime some exec comes around to ask what the holdup is he gives them a line about how he had to develop new underwater mocap techniques or something and ensures them it will be ready any day now.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Chairman Capone posted:

the original release date was 2014. production started in 2017.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
My favorite part about Avatar discussion is no matter how confident dorks on the internet will be about their predictions, it will still make billions of dollars and Cameron will once again have proven that hes pretty fuckin good at his job.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

AccountSupervisor posted:

My favorite part about Avatar discussion is no matter how confident dorks on the internet will be about their predictions, it will still make billions of dollars and Cameron will once again have proven that hes pretty fuckin good at his job.

You sound pretty confident there, dork.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I'll never understand the gigantic hate boner some people have for that film.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My favourite part about avatar is how millions of internet nerds read that one “biggest movie with no cultural impact” article and all parrot it like it makes them some media analyst

I also like how character names is apparently the one measure of a movie’s memorability

I couldn’t tell you a single character from Pulp Fiction apart from Vincent Vega but that movie is memorable as gently caress, I can picture every scene

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Unobtanium is a term that has been used in both real science and science fiction for over 50 years

I’m here to loving fight about Avatar

If I were to rank James Cameron films from best to least great but still good, Avatar would probably be my third favourite after Aliens and T2

The only one I don’t enjoy that much is True Lies

We don’t count Piranha 2

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

:same:

What gets to me about how we are getting a sequel to one of the most forgettable movies ever 11 years after the face. No seriously, without looking it up, how many characters from Avatar can you name? I swear to you, whatever tiny number you got, people (myself included) had around six months after Avatar came out. avatar isn't a movie, it's a glorified theme park ride.

I might not remember their names, but I remember traits and a few lines of the main characters and a few side characters. Especially Col. Hardass. They're stock characters, but they are well-done stock characters.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Hedrigall posted:

I couldn’t tell you a single character from Pulp Fiction apart from Vincent Vega

i guess Marsellus Wallace does look like a bitch

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I was trying to remember Sam L Jackson’s character and just kept coming back to Caractacus Doom

But that’s the bad guy from Avenger Penguins

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So do you not like the first terminator, or just love avatar that much?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hedrigall posted:

My favourite part about avatar is how millions of internet nerds read that one “biggest movie with no cultural impact” article and all parrot it like it makes them some media analyst

I also like how character names is apparently the one measure of a movie’s memorability

I couldn’t tell you a single character from Pulp Fiction apart from Vincent Vega but that movie is memorable as gently caress, I can picture every scene

I've only seen Avatar once and for whatever reason 'Jake Sully' is forever burned into my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ruddiger posted:

So do you not like the first terminator, or just love avatar that much?

I said from best to least great but still good

Aliens and T2 are GOAT-tier movies

Avatar is an incredible movie that I love

Terminator and The Abyss rule

Titanic is really good

True Lies is p good but doesn’t really resonate with me