Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kill All Cops posted:

4000 to buyback when you immediately sell it, reopen the window and its a lot less (because now you are purchasing from their inventory rather than buying back what you sold)

Got it thanks.

I feel so dirty lol. Whatever I’ll play this game straight when it’s fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Well the self driving cars keep crashing into me, but... hmm

The cab AI being a deadbeat dad makes a lot of sense suddenly

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I just met Panam and is she romanceable? Because I am trying really hard

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

go get her choomsire

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Artelier posted:

So I just met Panam and is she romanceable? Because I am trying really hard

Yes, if you're playing a dude.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Also exosuit cyberpsychos are the loving worst. I have full body stats, all the health and damage reduction perks, and they still two shot me if I'm lucky. If I dare to melee them I get knocked down and instakilled with no recourse. Not fun at all.
For tough cyberpschos I use the quickhack that shuts down their cybernetics and EMP grenades. I think short circuit will also blow up an exosuit battery and stun them.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

For tough cyberpschos I use the quickhack that shuts down their cybernetics and EMP grenades. I think short circuit will also blow up an exosuit battery and stun them.

The first short circuit deals 1/3 health to an exosuit and disables their shield. It's fantastic for just that.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yes, if you're playing a dude.

:negative:

I guess a second playthrough is guaranteed!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Artelier posted:

Yeah the way romance works is that there's one for each of the main sexualities. 1 gay lady (Judy), 1 gay man (Kerry), 1 straight lady (Panam), and one straight man (River).

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Artelier posted:

i believe that its Panam for Masc. V, Judy for Fem. V and River for both?

Yeah the way romance works is that there's one for each of the main sexualities. 1 gay lady (Judy), 1 gay man (Kerry), 1 straight lady (Panam), and one straight man (River).

I musta had a bug because I ABSOLUTELY had the kissy lips option as Masc. V (romanced Panam and everything!)

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

EDIT: oops shoulda just edited my previous post

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pyronic posted:

i believe that its Panam for Masc. V, Judy for Fem. V and River for both?

I musta had a bug because I ABSOLUTELY had the kissy lips option as Masc. V (romanced Panam and everything!)

Yeah I had it too so maybe he's bi or maybe it's a bug? Dunno.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks for this! Do you know if the voice is the only thing needed or do I need body (genitals?) to match? I was already planning a second playthrough as a SFV Seth-like character anyway so my current plan is female body male voice

Artelier fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 18, 2020

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
if you got tech I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems and a robot ain't one.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Abongination posted:

Im using a random baton that does 900dps atm. I bought gorilla hands and have never used em

Gorilla arms have ONE use and that is to actually be able to beat the final fistfight champion because without serious cyberware there's no way to take that guy down legit. Believe me I tried several times. Edit: Well, I mean, it might just be I suck, but still.

Of course, I should've then immediately uninstalled them because as you already figured out they're otherwise pretty useless.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Artelier posted:

Thanks for this! Do you know if the voice is the only thing needed or do I need body (genitals?) to match? I was already planning a second playthrough as a SFV Seth-like character anyway so my current plan is female body male voice

I'm not positive but I think it's the voice.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So according to my wife she never got (early game spoiler) Jackie's ofrenda cause she selected the ripper doc to drop off the body why in the world is this the case?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just got a surprise 70" 4k tv for Christmas! :pcgaming: If I get a series X, will I be able to play my xbone version I downloaded digitally?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sedisp posted:

So according to my wife she never got early game spoiler Jackie's ofrenda cause she selected the ripper doc to drop off the body why in the world is this the case?

Basically the body was sent to Victor, and then the corps come and take it so there is no body to ofrenda :( so you're locked out of it

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Artelier posted:

Basically the body was sent to Victor, and then the corps come and take it so there is no body to ofrenda :( so you're locked out of it

Ofrendas do not require a body they're different than funerals and Mama Welles at one point on my playthrough mentioned they didn't have a body for a funeral and I DID pick to drop off at her house It just strikes me as a baffling game descision to lock people out of some of the best character development in the game for thinking differently.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 18, 2020

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Sedisp posted:

So according to my wife she never got (early game spoiler) Jackie's ofrenda cause she selected the ripper doc to drop off the body why in the world is this the case?
Agents raid the doctor's office and steal the body.
Edit: beaten

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

kilus aof posted:

Playing this on a Xbox One S(that's the slim Xbox One, great naming scheme Microsoft) there were a few crashes and a few freezes and a ton of pop in and some very low detailed NPCs till the model loaded but I wouldn't say it was unplayable. Is the Xbox One S game better than the base Xbox One and PS4 or I just lucky and/or a cheap sell?

afaik the xb1s (lol wut) has no actual bideogame enhancements over the base xbone, but it is capable of displaying 4k hdr video content.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sedisp posted:

Ofrendas do not require a body they're different than funerals and Mama Welles at one point on my playthrough mentioned they didn't have a body for a funeral and I DID to drop off at her house It just strikes me as a baffling game descision to lock people out of some of the best character development in the game for thinking differently.

I was pretty bummed when I learned I missed this. I sent him to the doc because I thought he might be able to do something! I was at least hoping it would come up again at some point

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Sedisp posted:

Ofrendas do not require a body they're different than funerals and Mama Welles at one point on my playthrough mentioned they didn't have a body for a funeral and I DID pick to drop off at her house It just strikes me as a baffling game descision to lock people out of some of the best character development in the game for thinking differently.

Most of the choices presented in the game are really just a yes/no in disguise, with some more variation early on with the Maelstrom hideout trade, but that was something I read in PC Gamer or something a few years ago and they didn't really come up with a lot since then. It's really dumb cos I sent Jackie to Vic early on, expecting the best doc would have a way to revive him, but nope, nothing else comes of it and nothing matters

Kill All Cops fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 18, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fojar38 posted:

"This game is broken and I've put in 100 hours" would be a pretty good thread title

This poo poo is as buggy as a Bethesda game. And just like the next Bethesda game I’ll l preorder it and pump it’s buggy stupidity right into my loving veins for a solid month.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

Most of the choices presented in the game are really just a yes/no in disguise, with some more variation early on with the Maelstrom hideout trade, but that was something I read in PC Gamer or something a few years ago and they didn't really come up with a lot since then. It's really dumb cos I sent Jackie to Vic early on, expecting the best doc would have a way to revive him, but nope, nothing else comes of it and nothing matters

MMF Freeway posted:

I was pretty bummed when I learned I missed this. I sent him to the doc because I thought he might be able to do something! I was at least hoping it would come up again at some point

Straight up this is stupid and I actually got the sequence. Player choices should feel like consequences not sorry you pulled the wrong lever no content for you.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Kill All Cops posted:

for last gens its not even playable to the point that sony removed it from the store lol

FO76 and ME:A are side-eye-monkey.gif.

They should have just released on consoles (at least last gen) later, like with all of their previous titles. I also find this rather hilarious since the next-gen consoles weren't even around for the original launch date. Not sure what the plan was there, or if CDPR execs just hoped the 9th Gen consoles would save everything...

The game loving slaps on PC: there are bugs, but pretty much exactly the amount of Eurojank I expected from a CDPR title at release. Some hilarious, twice I've had to reload because something broke, but mostly innocuous and nothing game-breaking, for me. I imagine most, if not all, of this will be fixed by the summer with free updates and the unsatisfying quests will get beefed up with free DLCs.

I hate that it goes beyond jank on consoles, since it runs so well on lovely PCs, but this is the most fun I've had in a long time. The world-building is amazing, the game looks better than anything on my PS4-era GPU, and the quests are best-in-class, once more. The dialogue system is amazing for an action-RPG and I hope to see more games ape this. I noticed that they do have to lock you into a traditional dialogue screen every now and then for story reasons (I have to sit down, huh?), but those moments are rare and almost always great set pieces, so it's easy to not even notice.

Rhymenoserous posted:

This poo poo is as buggy as a Bethesda game. And just like the next Bethesda game I’ll l preorder it and pump it’s buggy stupidity right into my loving veins for a solid month.

:emptyquote:
:goonsay:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I really enjoy how the endings (at least those that I have gotten) of the game correlate well with what Dexter Deshawn said. That you either go out quick in a blaze of glory or live forever dying old fragile and covered in your own piss.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

shrike82 posted:

We saw other games start aping aspects of W3 (e.g,., Assassin’s Creed). What’ll games copy from this?

panam introduction where you only see her butt? nothing in this game is really new - perhaps the skill progression a hybrid of “gets better using it and put points where you can progress” is clever enough to inspire other games - a slighly more involved hacking than watch dogs

if I have to say something is “not give review copies of oldgen versions - have journalist sign nda about oldgen - use the dmca to shutdown videos showing oldgen or talking about oldgen”

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Were there drugs in anyone else's game? Besides the healing things I didn't come across anything recreational drugs at all.

Huge surprising lack of consumable drugs in this game, yeah.

You can get ONE consumable of a drug from the maelstrom ganger if you're a street kid, and you get one scripted during a Panam quest to inject Saul with, but otherwise no.

So many drug stores and all they have is vitamins?! What cyberpunk is this!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dilber posted:

For all the concerns about trans representation from before launch, I really have to give the devs credit.

This is the first AAA game I can think of that had a fairly "major" character be trans, and it wasn't brought up inorganically.

Claire brings it up in conversation related to her dead husband and it was just related to him being there for her when she transitioned.

Good job imo

Watchdogs 2 had a trans town councillor, she was just there nbd

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Huge surprising lack of consumable drugs in this game, yeah.

You can get ONE consumable of a drug from the maelstrom ganger if you're a street kid, and you get one scripted during a Panam quest to inject Saul with, but otherwise no.

So many drug stores and all they have is vitamins?! What cyberpunk is this!

There might be some kind of ratings issue with the player character using recreational drugs? I remember FO3 had to rename morphine to med-x because of that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Artelier posted:

Sedisp posted:

So my gf did this and I told her about the Ofrenda and she was bummed she missed it, but then during a Takeda mission he mentioned that the corpos had Jackie's body and were possibly looking to do something with the soulsucker on him?! So maybe this is going someplace different that'll also be interesting? Or maybe it'll be possible to do the Ofrenda later on if you somehow recover the body??

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I did it. I got Johnny to smile a happy smile. All it took was (random side content spoiler, non-plot) fixing up a derelict roller coaster.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

There might be some kind of ratings issue with the player character using recreational drugs? I remember FO3 had to rename morphine to med-x because of that.

I wouldn't mind if you had to consume rad-x to gain temporary bonuses in combat instead of consuming literal "cyber-meth" or whatever.

The problem is that the game even has a few consumable drugs, like the one I mentioned from the Malestrom ganger. Its called "Jet" in your inventory I think? And when you talk to him you call it "Black Lace"

But even though that "Black Lace" exists in the game, so it can't be a ratings issue, you cannot appear to get any more of that black lace anywhere else in the game!

Why don't pharmacies have more of these for sale?

I think it added like 10 defense temporarily. Its hardly OP. Adding consumable drugs like that would be fun.

This game has tits and you can shoot people in the face I doubt its a ratings issue. But as said, the game DOES have drugs, just in like 3 fixed cutscene places.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

McKilligan posted:

I'm still near the beginning of Act II, I think 20-ish street cred, etc, and I went with the classic, extremely everybody's first run 'stealthy pistol hacker' archetype. As a result, I always gravitated towards to big-hit power pistols, ie the nova and every other revolver, so I could get those big chunky stealth crits, and I disregarded every other option that didn't do big, chunky single hit damage.

But then I had an epiphany: I could just shoot a lot of bullets instead.

Empyting a full pistol clip into some gonk in half a second in a frenzied firefight, only pausing to set dudes on fire with my brain is waaayyy more loving fun than sneakshooting.

I can't wait for my next run where I'm just going to go full gorilla-fist street brawler.

it happened to me too, I think the game need a handcanon archetype that is good enough for the entire game

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Well the self driving cars keep crashing into me, but... hmm

For real though I am legitimately enjoying the gameplay, but I've been lucky that only two quest triggers have broken so far and they've been easily fixed by loading an earlier save. If the game was constantly breaking like console players are experiencing, and not just stupidly glitching like I've seen, then it would be quite a different story.

Also exosuit cyberpsychos are the loving worst. I have full body stats, all the health and damage reduction perks, and they still two shot me if I'm lucky. If I dare to melee them I get knocked down and instakilled with no recourse. Not fun at all.

Cyberware malfunction fucks over any kind of psychoblender. The higher versions of it even explode implants.

If you aren't specced for quickhacks, I think you can slot the 4 RAM version of malfunction and get away with it. It's a bit hard to predict for bosses 'cause they cost more RAM to hack. You'll also want a deck with high RAM refresh so you can keep using it.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 18, 2020

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Dilber posted:

For all the concerns about trans representation from before launch, I really have to give the devs credit.

This is the first AAA game I can think of that had a fairly "major" character be trans, and it wasn't brought up inorganically.

Claire brings it up in conversation related to her dead husband and it was just related to him being there for her when she transitioned.

Good job imo

IMO, all of the "controversy" surrounding the actual game itself (not CDProjekt) was completely unfounded. I feel the game does very well in minority and gender representation, especially in its genre. There's not too much LGBTQ stuff but it's there and due to me not being part of that community I can't really comment, but nothing pops out as egregious to me.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Donnerberg posted:

Cyberware malfunction fucks over any kind of psychoblender. The higher versions of it even explode implants.

If you aren't specced for quickhacks, I think you can slot the 4 RAM version of malfunction and get away with it. It's a bit hard to predict for bosses 'cause they cost more RAM to hack. You'll also want a deck with high RAM refresh so you can keep using it.

It might just be an issue with the build I'm using then. I switched out my cyberdeck for Berserk, which works very well to solve most other obstacles with brute force alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Nuts and Gum posted:

afaik the xb1s (lol wut) has no actual bideogame enhancements over the base xbone, but it is capable of displaying 4k hdr video content.

Consoles aren't completely unchanging throughout their life. New parts are sourced and stuff as long as they meet a spec. Saints Row 1 had a reputation for being really buggy but for others it ran well. One of the devs revealed the early Xbox 360s had two different disk drives and one of them was slower than the specs Mircosoft gave developers. In the Xbox 360s with slower disc drive the game couldn't load assets from the disc fast enough so there was a bunch glitches like invisible cars. If you had the Xbox 360 with the faster disc drive the game was fine. It's just something I wonder when there varying reports on performance on a console, are the little hardware changes overtime throwing in quirks.