Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yakuza rules and I can't wait to play Kiwami 2 when I find the free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/lucaviftw/status/1338568747573972995

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Rock My Socks! posted:

-i like you you can just hold down the right trigger to follow you buddy, leaving you to pan the camera freely to look around the city

I totally forgot about this and nearly every walk and talk section is me constantly bumping into my companion interrupting them.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

I totally forgot about this and nearly every walk and talk section is me constantly bumping into my companion interrupting them.

Same, except, I didn't forget about it.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://twitter.com/JudgementKinsey/status/1218312480872484864?s=20

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Road to 7 continues; Just finished kiwami one, starting 2 tonight.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
My one gripe about 7 so far is that it takes a while to find all the weapons shops and even then it isn’t clear if you are getting a good weapon or not. Some weapons are upgradable and others not it’s a bit opaque to me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I had to take gamer notes on all the upgrade paths. Each weapon has an ULTIMATE version which combines an upgraded version of a basic weapon for that job combined with a legendary weapon for that job that you get later in the game. Problem is I sold the boring rear end Adachi weapon that apparently was part of the upgrade path so I couldn't get the ultimate detective weapon on my first play through.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

American McGay posted:

Yeah I had to take gamer notes on all the upgrade paths. Each weapon has an ULTIMATE version which combines an upgraded version of a basic weapon for that job combined with a legendary weapon for that job that you get later in the game. Problem is I sold the boring rear end Adachi weapon that apparently was part of the upgrade path so I couldn't get the ultimate detective weapon on my first play through.

Yeah like aside from the spikey baseball bat for Ichiban, I had no idea anyone had ultimate weapons like that.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Professor of Cats posted:

Road to 7 continues; Just finished kiwami one, starting 2 tonight.

nice. kiwami 2 is bad rear end. get ready for a gameplay downgrade when you move on to 3, it’s super stiff

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

nice. kiwami 2 is bad rear end. get ready for a gameplay downgrade when you move on to 3, it’s super stiff

I heard Kiwami 2 is on the newer engine too. For 3, if ends up being a slog, I'll probably just easy-mode my rear end through it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting Kiwami 1 tonight. 2021 is gonna be the Year of the Dragon of Dojima.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Starting Kiwami 1 tonight. 2021 is gonna be the Year of the Dragon of Dojima.

I'm gonna start it after Cyberpunk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I had a really boeing meeting yesterday so I spend like 3 hours getting to corporation rank 1 after i unlocked the manahement in chapter 5. Cheers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Manahement

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Enjoy the orbital lazer

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Everyone about to play kiwami 1 for the first time :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm gonna start it after Cyberpunk

the intro is cool and instantly got back into the Yakuza mood. The music, Majima's outfit, even the menu sounds etc. it's gonna be awesome seeing how they remade this and filled out 1 & 2 after 0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

do the PS4 versions of 3/4/5 run at 60 or should I wait for the pc versions.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

do the PS4 versions of 3/4/5 run at 60 or should I wait for the pc versions.

they run at 60

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sick

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

How are load times? Would having an ssd be worth the wait?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

if you’re talking remastered collection on ps4, i haven’t really had any load time issues with them. i feel like they’re the same as yakuza 0, which i played on PC on a normal hard drive

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

tao of lmao posted:

How are load times? Would having an ssd be worth the wait?

Load times are pretty good actually I don’t recall waiting for anything in particular.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

hell ya

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kiryu's life is brutal, guy cant even get one night off after a decade in prison.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

after 10 years, I wonder if his life time supply of AH-HA water still comes in

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYvDrkMtHs

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
once i'm done with p4 i'm gonna slap on some yakuza kiwami

rewatching bits of yakuza 0 makes me miss this series

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Hitting Chapter 7 in Y7 and the boss fights finally have a bit of teeth to them and need to work hard. It will never be a difficult game but I’m enjoying it more knowing that I may not automatically win particular fight just by spamming the usual moves

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Brass Hand posted:

Hitting Chapter 7...It will never be a difficult game
:xd:

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Kiwami 2 looks and feels awesome. I'm sttill getting used to the new fighting but man does it feel good to send goons flying into each other. Everything is so nice, you can go in)out of buildings with no transition, poo poo just looks so good.

Sang my first karaoke tribute to my brother. Played virtual fighter 2. Now there is golf?

also lol 'I'm gonna gently caress off to the orphanage while you punch your problems away'.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Well I’ve unlocked Eri so let’s just say I always have a party of four which has made some encounters easier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

these arcade operators shouldn't be letting children play MesuKing...

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tawal
Feb 7, 2012