Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Escobarbarian posted:

Lee Mack is awful why are people acting like him being on Taskmaster is a good thing

Hot Take Esc does it again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gonz posted:

Deepfake Luke Skywalker appeared in an X-Wing and carved his way through, like, 40 Darktroopers on an Imperial ship at the end of the Mando season finale and it was very, very rad.

Yeah and the whole internet was freaking out about how cool it was so no surprise that the thread hates it. Miserable posters, the lot.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Hot Take Esc does it again!!

It’s not even a little bit of a hot take lol. He’s terrible

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

zoux posted:

Yeah and the whole internet was freaking out about how cool it was so no surprise that the thread hates it. Miserable posters, the lot.

Goons? Enjoy something? Not on my Forums!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

By god Ill make them enjoy it or my name isn't zooks

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Just lamo if you don't go into every thread simply looking for validation of your already correct opinions.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s not even a little bit of a hot take lol. He’s terrible

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Just lamo if you don't go into every thread simply looking for validation of your already correct opinions.

:smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJUOYGKayaY This is brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJpTX_c0aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzun4M9_amc

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 18, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mando was wonderful, touching and badass. Post credits scene was unexpected and cool as poo poo.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Anyone end up watching The Stand last night? Thoughts on it?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone end up watching The Stand last night? Thoughts on it?

I don't know how or why they could gently caress up Stephen King's best opening so badly.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Happy The Flight Attendant got renewed. It ended really well. Usually I’m meh on miniseries’ getting a second season but they did a good job of closing that story while keeping certain threads open.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

It was dumb and bad. It was the laziest option and they went with it. Better throw in R2 out of nowhere just to get the maximum nostalgia tingles in ur brain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How is it lazy? We know the time frame, it works fine. He should have looked a little older but I had no problem with it.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I don't know how or why they could gently caress up Stephen King's best opening so badly.

Well, that certainly wasn't the impression I was hoping for. <:mad:>

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

How is it lazy? We know the time frame, it works fine. He should have looked a little older but I had no problem with it.

Because it's fan service waaah (because they all wrote fanfiction in their heads for 2 weeks about which obscure Legends character was going to be the big finale reveal and their wishcasting didn't happen)

Not CC he will often hate things, which is his wont and to be expected.

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 18, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It just makes the galaxy feel tiny. I'm not furious or upset, just more disappointed.

I don't really care that they didn't use some obscure EU or video game character. It could have just been some random person to answer the call.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Rhyno posted:

My mom tried that and beyond things not working the signal strength was terrible. And we have excellent Tmo coverage here in town.

The infrastructure just isn't there to do anything outside of loading cat images somewhat slowly over the air. Terrible latency, terrible signal interference, etc. Give it 20 years.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Give it 20 years.

To finish buffering.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Honestly I wish they had recast. Should they pursue further stories they're probably going to have to. Face tech has come a long way but it still looked a little Deep Fakey

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

Because it's fan service waaah (because they all wrote fanfiction in their heads for 2 weeks about which obscure Legends character was going to be the big finale reveal and their wishcasting didn't happen)

Not CC he will often hate things, which is his wont and to be expected.

It’s a bad choice for the show from a storytelling perspective because he’s already a known character with a completed arc and it limits how they can use him in the plot. It also hinders them from a budgetary and technical perspective because any time he appears you’ll either have to use cg or deepfakes just to de-age Hamill or use a look-alike and neither will be convincing and both will feel off.

I don’t give a gently caress that it wasn’t Kyle Katarn or some other c-list old EU character, but that moment was the perfect opportunity to introduce a new character and they whiffed hard in favor of a safe obvious choice. You could have made that any other Jedi besides Luke and they could have stuck around for season 3 and been a natural and organic addition to an already ragtag cast.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There aren’t any Jedi besides Luke

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

zoux posted:

There aren’t any Jedi besides Luke

We literally met another one this season. They’re out there.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I find the digital reconstituting of people weird and gross. All I could think of was Grace Kelly and Tarkin, even though the actor in this case is not dead, yeah, and the way we've now got the technology to prevent nostalgia from having any kind of lifespan at all.

The tech makes me really uncomfortable.

zoux posted:

Lol, wtf.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't see a thread for the stand but I didn't hate it. Harold is unsettling which I think is the point?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Mandalorian s3 isn’t very good and people don’t like it zoux is going to loving poo poo himself

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Imagine fans turning on a show in season 3, never happen.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I finished it and it was enjoyable but man, do the people in his life do him no favors .

Yes. A serious daredevil tv show problem in that series. Still very well done and the main actor has huge potential

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Locke and Key has been renewed for Season 3 before Season 2 airs and it sounds like they are going to go directly into production sheet season 2 wrapped this week.

I guess that's a way to get a quick renewal on Netflix, have child actors that your don't want to age up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Regarding Mandalorian: I'm pretty sure that's the last time we see Luke and grogu, or at the least they will be very infrequent guest stars They would really limit the story possiblities if they stayed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Regarding Mandalorian: I'm pretty sure that's the last time we see Luke and grogu, or at the least they will be very infrequent guest stars They would really limit the story possiblities if they stayed.

I mean, they literally took the time to have Mando say that he was going to see the baby again.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If they had Baby Yoda toys ready last year, it would have been the best selling toy of all time.

Disney royally screwed the pooch on merchandise revenue and just lol if you don’t think they’re going to try to get it back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm looking for the article but someone at Disney was terrified of a Jar Jar situation which is why they were so slow to get merch out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

If they had Baby Yoda toys ready last year, it would have been the best selling toy of all time.

Disney royally screwed the pooch on merchandise revenue and just lol if you don’t think they’re going to try to get it back.

Also a failure from their games department not at least announcing a game in the Mando style.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

I'm looking for the article but someone at Disney was terrified of a Jar Jar situation which is why they were so slow to get merch out.

That wasn’t it at all. Favreau was terrified of merch leaking and spoiling the surprise before the show premiered, so they didn’t even clue Hasbro and the like in beforehand.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That wasn’t it at all. Favreau was terrified of merch leaking and spoiling the surprise before the show premiered, so they didn’t even clue Hasbro and the like in beforehand.
Yep. Favreau was spoiler culture taken to a ridiculous level.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well, thanks to the complete lack of subtly of posters in this thread it was super loving obvious what happens in Mando so thanks for that.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh no, the fans, they were serviced, how could we have seen this coming?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well, thanks to the complete lack of subtly of posters in this thread it was super loving obvious what happens in Mando so thanks for that.

I watched it this morning because I just had a feeling there would be something spoiled if I browsed the internet at all.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

zoux posted:

Imagine fans turning on a show in season 3, never happen.

Dark Matter is just Firefly if it didn't get cancelled after one season. :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

bull3964 posted:

Locke and Key has been renewed for Season 3 before Season 2 airs and it sounds like they are going to go directly into production sheet season 2 wrapped this week.

I guess that's a way to get a quick renewal on Netflix, have child actors that your don't want to age up.

I thought the first season was pretty good. The villain(s) were not good actors and that dragged it down but the twist heading into the next season will hopefully rectify that.

This show also helped me find out that Shawn Ashmore has a twin because I sure as hell thought it was him the whole time.