Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

squares with a lot of the incel pity party bullshit about being cruelly thrust into this world the lowest of the low because they've got thin collarbones or whatever when you put it that way

When you go over the premises behind the "12 Lessons", the summary is like this:

1) You are genetically inferior.
2) You are a victim of the women who reject your inferior genes.
3) You, and your friends, are weak-willed and parasitic.
4) You are getting worse.
5) Your parents failed to make you a man.
6) You are a mess.
7) Your life is not meaningful.
8-10) You're not good enough at e-debate.
11) You are pathetic and unloveable.
12) Maybe animals might like you.

And the solution to everything is performative masculinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Has he explained how he doesn’t get scurvy from the beef diet? Or is that the advice you have to pay Mikhaila for? I was looking on her site but I only found advice about jamming stuff up your butt https://mikhailapeterson.com/how-to-take-medications-safely-and-avoid-fillers/

Also it’s kind of worrying how she says they all have symptoms of celiac disease/“probably” have celiac but never says any of them actually got a test for it. “Keep eating out at restaurants but just order beef” is advice that’ll get you killed if youre genuinely celiac

Freshly-cooked meat has enough Vitamin C to ward off scurvy. You have to eat a much more restrictive diet than even J-Pee's ludicrous one even to be in danger of scurvy.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did Jorperson go on the meat & benzos diet as a last resort for his depression, or was that his first choice for treatment? I can understand it if he had tried everything except for psychosurgery, but did he try, like, therapy first?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He believes that therapy is for weak men.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

first you must clear the lock of super glue, only then can you unlock the door to your soul

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how jordan b peterson sees the world

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Replaces those greens with overcooked sirloins

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
That's a tasty worldview

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Freshly-cooked meat has enough Vitamin C to ward off scurvy. You have to eat a much more restrictive diet than even J-Pee's ludicrous one even to be in danger of scurvy.

I got scurvy from only eating fruit.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Why would you do this

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

how jordan b peterson sees the world

Merry Jorpmas!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

No, you didn't.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i got scurvy from only eating froot

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yes I did.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Nuh huh.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I got skeevy from eating foot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

I got skeevy from eating foot

Get out of here, Lowtax!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coulda solved that by eating rear end, too

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Do you think that when J. Jorp! Is setting in for an evening of aggressively blasting dooks he wonders if it's worth destroying his rear end in a top hat every 14 days for his diet

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

rotinaj posted:

Coulda solved that by eating rear end, too

rear end is an excellent source for all essential nutrients

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Tighclops posted:

Do you think that when J. Jorp! Is setting in for an evening of aggressively blasting dooks he wonders if it's worth destroying his rear end in a top hat every 14 days for his diet

Sometimes I will go to r/carnivore on reddit and read the threads for a good laugh

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

The_Continental posted:

Why would you do this

fruit is delicious, so the trade off that it leeches all the vitamins out of your body and makes you piss them out can be worth it a lotof the time.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MakaVillian posted:

rear end is an excellent source for all essential nutrients

:hmmyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MakaVillian posted:

rear end is an excellent source for all assential nutrients

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember those goons whose miracle diet was eating literal buckets of lard

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

:golfclap:

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Sorry for just popping in and asking a dumb question but has this guy actually returned to public life in any meaningful way since waking up from the Russian drug coma he bought or is he still hiding from the public eye due to brain damage he presumably developed?

I don't want to google anything about him because I fear youtube will spend the next 9 months trying to radicalize me into a right wing crazy person

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

didn't he literally just release another book, "12 more rules for life" like last week

e: my bad it was announced but only comes out in March. wow however will i wait to hear what this fuckin guy has to say now

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, I actually looked up what the "12 rules for life" are and nr. 1 is literally "Fix your posture". You can't make that poo poo up.

Now I'm really looking forward to the new commandments for a successful life. Nr. 1 is gonna be "Fix your foot fungus"

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007
12 principles for a 21st century conservatism (He just loves lists of twelve things)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyw4rTywyY0

The fundamental assumptions of Western civilization are valid.

Peaceful social being is preferable to isolation and to war. In consequence, it justly and rightly demands some sacrifice of individual impulse and idiosyncrasy.

Hierarchies of competence are desirable and should be promoted.

Borders are reasonable. Likewise, limits on immigration are reasonable. Furthermore, it should not be assumed that citizens of societies that have not evolved functional individual-rights predicated polities will hold values in keeping with such polities.

People should be paid so that they are able and willing to perform socially useful and desirable duties.

Citizens have the inalienable right to benefit from the result of their own honest labor.

It is more noble to teach young people about responsibilities than about rights.

It is better to do what everyone has always done, unless you have some extraordinarily valid reason to do otherwise.

Radical change should be viewed with suspicion, particularly in a time of radical change.

The government, local and distal, should leave people to their own devices as much as possible.

Intact heterosexual two-parent families constitute the necessary bedrock for a stable polity.

We should judge our political system in comparison to other actual political systems and not to hypothetical utopias.

Hamburger Sandwich fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 18, 2020

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

GABA ghoul posted:

lmao, I actually looked up what the "12 rules for life" are and nr. 1 is literally "Fix your posture". You can't make that poo poo up.

Now I'm really looking forward to the new commandments for a successful life. Nr. 1 is gonna be "Fix your foot fungus"

it gets worse lol

the text has nothing to do with the “”””rules””””. for example in “be precise in your speech” he talks about everything but that (like the aforementioned hypothetical cheated upon woman who is aktually at fault for her husband’s cheating because she doesn’t satisfy him enough the frigid b——).

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lazy Fair posted:

Sorry for just popping in and asking a dumb question but has this guy actually returned to public life in any meaningful way since waking up from the Russian drug coma he bought or is he still hiding from the public eye due to brain damage he presumably developed?

I don't want to google anything about him because I fear youtube will spend the next 9 months trying to radicalize me into a right wing crazy person

i don't think so, just stuff on his own social media. there's videos on his channel where someone else does all the talking, and his daughter is now doing podcasts.

it's entirely plausible that he's got long-term brain damage and won't ever be able to match the low bar of pitiful "owns libs" debate he did before the quack russian coma treatment

peterson being brain damaged is about where I'd stop thinking it was funny. if only because his daughter seems even more of a grifter than him and propping up a brain damaged person to keep the money coming is pretty sick.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Klyith posted:

peterson being brain damaged is about where I'd stop thinking it was funny. if only because his daughter seems even more of a grifter than him and propping up a brain damaged person to keep the money coming is pretty sick.

The meatball doesn't fall too far from the ol' meat tree.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's gonna be 2021 in a couple weeks, all respectable political speech is done through a human vegetable proxy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm not sure what to think of his daughter; what kind of childhood did she have, as the daughter of a man who very publicly despises women and thinks they need to be tamed, and also considers himself a gifted psychologist and life guru?

Maybe being a brain dead husk puppeteered by the one woman he had fathered is a dramatically appropriate fate for the man.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, can someone from TCC chime in and tell us what the prognosis for benzos withdrawal is using accepted standard medical procedures? I mean, he only got brain damage cause they flew him to Russia for some quack science experimental treatment, right? He would have been ok if he just got into a regular hospital?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Lol, can someone from TCC chime in and tell us what the prognosis for benzos withdrawal is using accepted standard medical procedures? I mean, he only got brain damage cause they flew him to Russia for some quack science experimental treatment, right? He would have been ok if he just got into a regular hospital?

From what I recall in the last discussion, he would have likely had to have been weaned off his dependency on several similar medications, and the style of treatment he pursued was technically illegal in canada. I've known guys with chemical dependence issues receive treatments not recognized in canada, but they usually go the states.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Hamburger Sandwich posted:

We should judge our political system in comparison to other actual political systems and not to hypothetical utopias.

gently caress liberals and their... *checks notes* utopian visions of mankind.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

GABA ghoul posted:

earlier ITT people said that benzo withdrawal is very dangerous, and the only accepted medical practice is gradual reduction. he needed to go to a addiction treatment center for a while, not just a hospital

I don't know if the damage is from the benzo withdrawal or the artificial coma itself. Putting someone in an induced coma is incredibly risky and cognitive damage is a common side effect. In the west you only ever get approval to do that when there's zero other option. For example, the only person in history to survive post-onset rabies was put in induced coma.

(though that hasn't been successful since, and it's now believed that the coma wasn't the reason she survived. still, that's the level of danger you have to be in for artificial coma to be considered.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm not sure what to think of his daughter; what kind of childhood did she have, as the daughter of a man who very publicly despises women and thinks they need to be tamed, and also considers himself a gifted psychologist and life guru?

Maybe being a brain dead husk puppeteered by the one woman he had fathered is a dramatically appropriate fate for the man.

He also hates children. A good amount of 12 Rules is about how it's not only good but necessary to beat your kids otherwise they'll never respect you. Hell one of the rules is specifically "Don't allow your kids to do anything you hate" and goes into extremly strange tangents about yelling at a friend's toddler that he WILL go to sleep right this instance or he will regret it and other equally concerning anecdotes. These are written in a way that makes it clear that Peterson thinks he is the perfect parent with no parenting faults.