Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Josh Sawyer/Rope Kid posted some thoughtful critiques. First, the UI:

Then, he articulates why the perks and loot have largely been unsatisfying for me:

Agree about the perks. Half of them shouldn't be in the game. And randomized weapon sights is just meaningless noise.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is it possible to get rare and epic quickhacks without spending the perk to unlock crafting them?

The white item mods you can craft have a chance of being of a higher quality. Like 1/5 will be blue, 1/20 purple. Or w/e.
I also have 20 in tech so that's probably related. Assuming this is intended behavior. I think it's the same for quickhacks.

(Also dumb. Just let me craft the right rank and be done with it. Instead I craft 20 at a time and disassemble the trash ones.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Leaked footage from CD project red investor meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2nqSUTpYKo&t=209s

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I would be interested to know if CDPR uses static analysis (Coverty, PVS-Studio, et cetera), fuzzing (American Fuzzy Loop), and various sanitizers like the ones found in LLVM (specifically address, threading, and memory sanitization) - because these are some of the tools that're known to be helpful in eliminating bugs, and all of them can be done programmatically and in an automated way, as part of the development cycle.

I don't know much about systems / game programming since most of my career has been spent on the web side, but I do find it pretty suspicious that this game straight up _crashes_ consoles. That seems pretty absurd in 2020 and definitely should not pass certification.

Some of the bugs hint at pretty sloppy programming in general as opposed to just "open world jank". Probably lots of rushed stuff, and lots of gutted systems.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tenzarin posted:

I'm pretty happy no conversation was over 30 minutes long.

a 30 min conversation that i give a poo poo about is a pretty good feat in a game imo, particularly in an rpg.
which tbf cyberpunk isnt particularly

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

MarshyMcFly posted:

Just finished the game on my ps4 pro. What a mess! But it was what I expected mostly: good plot, terrible gunplay, glitches, bugs, and 1 crash after the boss fight. Was wondering one thing about the ending:

I went with the Panam ending and ended up accidentally skipping a dialogue about how I was supposed to escape the Arasaka basement. How do you end up getting out of there?

"The same way we came in" - IE Panam dragged your heavy cyborg rear end back to the tunnel and took Mitch's car.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Just buy the quickhack crafting perks, pound for pound they are probably the most impactful perks in the entire game

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

No Mods No Masters posted:

Just buy the quickhack crafting perks, pound for pound they are probably the single most impactful perks in the entire game

Just going from green to blue quickhacks is a huge jump for me so far.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Any studio whose last effort was The Outer Worlds should be barred from combat critiques.
At least shotguns are cool in this game.

I remember among the many dissapointments in the outer worlds being that shotguns were horrible.

While asking myself "But my lovely sawed off is doing great!", I noticed that the Always A Direct Upgrade combat shotguns... did less damage than sticking with seemingly obsoleted sawed offs (which still had a magazine). Leading to my personal theory they somehow got shotgun type stats backwards but such a concept is so stupid people thought it was "Common fuckup A: Gun is weak" instead of "BONUS ROUND gently caress UP: Can't even apply stats to the right items!"

Shame shotguns still have a range of gently caress all in Cyperpunk though :v: Even if you feel cool using all forms of double barrel even if you have access to spammy mag fed shotguns.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

imagine being the poor devs made to ship the ps4 version because management didnt give a gently caress

i feel really bad for the dev team tbh, so much love went into pre-production then they just rushed everything out the door as fast as possible.
there's no way 90% of the gameplay systems have been in development for more than 2 years, they're barely finished.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, uh, how do you get Space Oddity? I know it's supposed to show automatically, but I haven't triggered it yet.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As soon as you can craft legendary ping you basically have an 'I win' button whose only demerit is how boring and degenerate it is to use

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Is there some way to get the system reset quickhack if you don't get it from Nix's quest?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It's kinda bizarre how much stronger legendary quickhacks are.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, uh, how do you get Space Oddity? I know it's supposed to show automatically, but I haven't triggered it yet.

I just walked by the location and V had the option to talk to the people there after hearing their conversation. Pure coincidence, found out about the money stuff later.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

dyzzy posted:

I just walked by the location and V had the option to talk to the people there after hearing their conversation. Pure coincidence, found out about the money stuff later.

Okay, but where's the location?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

Is there some way to get the system reset quickhack if you don't get it from Nix's quest?

There's various vendors that will sell green/blue quality quickhacks. Also system reset is given as part of the legendary/epic crafting perks iirc.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The witcher 3 had bugs sure, but I think the big obvious thing is it was at least playable on all the platforms it was released on. I mainlined it on launch and had a generally smooth experience, granted on PC.
It also targeted a much different hardware platform than Cyberpunk 2077 does; it got released in 2015 when the then-newest generation of consoles was using a low-power CPU architecture that was released in 2013, and bears no relationship with a modern CPU design from either Intel or AMD. Heck, my workstation from 2010 was more powerful than the PS4.
Meanwhile, Cyberpunk 2077 was likely intended to be on the now-newest generation of consoles (which are still not really equivalent to the highest-end PCs).

Contrast that with Cyberpunk 2077 which is one of the first titles I know of to use both something equivalent to indirect functions which optimize the game based on the micro-architectural design of the CPU, exemplified by the use of AVX instructions which the game is also one of the first I know of to use (although clearly their implementation isn't perfect, as it's lead to repeatable crashes on CPUs that don't implement AVX).
Indirect functions are a new thing, GCC only started supporting them around 2016-2017, and FreeBSD started supporting them around 2018.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Just buy the quickhack crafting perks, pound for pound they are probably the most impactful perks in the entire game

Yeah the legendary quickhacks also have passive effects so even for a non netrunner focused build they're still OP. A perennial favourite is Short Circuit. Shame about the 20 Int requirement though!

Short Circuit Legendary Passive: Critical Hits with any weapon apply this Quickhack’s damage to the target. Very effective against mechanical enemies and targets with weak spots.

High enough crit and you get a big damage boost to nearly every shot that absolutely wrecks mechs and bosses with weak spots.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Then, he articulates why the perks and loot have largely been unsatisfying for me:

this was a good read, thanks for the link.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Okay, but where's the location?

A gas station in the south part of rancho coronado. There's a waypoint very close, on the other side of a big highway.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DelphiAegis posted:

There's various vendors that will sell green/blue quality quickhacks. Also system reset is given as part of the legendary/epic crafting perks iirc.

I had heard that but I have the epic level perk and level 13 crafting and it's not in my crafting recipes yet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Put in for my refund. I'll just wait until I upgrade my graphics card to play this. On the PS4 Pro it's a godawful mess. What a shame.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Escape Goat posted:

I don't know much about systems / game programming since most of my career has been spent on the web side, but I do find it pretty suspicious that this game straight up _crashes_ consoles. That seems pretty absurd in 2020 and definitely should not pass certification.

Some of the bugs hint at pretty sloppy programming in general as opposed to just "open world jank". Probably lots of rushed stuff, and lots of gutted systems.
What it tells me is that console certification, which is what prevents CDPR from patching on consoles, is loving pointless.
As I wrote in my other post, consoles are just out-dated cheap-ish PCs.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Xachariah posted:

Yeah the legendary quickhacks also have passive effects so even for a non netrunner focused build they're still OP. A perennial favourite is Short Circuit. Shame about the 20 Int requirement though!

Short Circuit Legendary Passive: Critical Hits with any weapon apply this Quickhack’s damage to the target. Very effective against mechanical enemies and targets with weak spots.

High enough crit and you get a big damage boost to nearly every shot that absolutely wrecks mechs and bosses with weak spots.

It also allows you to trivialise the Beat on the Brat missions even as a pasty nerd with 1 point in Body. "Why yes I do have electric fists. No, this is not against the rules. Now pay me."

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Starks posted:

A gas station in the south part of rancho coronado. There's a waypoint very close, on the other side of a big highway.

Grazie

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This is exactly the kind of constructive feedback CDPR should have.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Zeta Acosta posted:

the delamain quest, the yelling idiot and that moron with dick problems are the low points of the game so far

gotta chase that streamer e-clout in 2020!

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Section Z posted:

Shotties and sniper rifles are immensely satisfying to use and they really poured a lot of love into the sound design. Listening to the machine gun fire reverberating between buildings as two rival gangs fight each other feels like watching Heat!

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Bland posted:

It also allows you to trivialise the Beat on the Brat missions even as a pasty nerd with 1 point in Body. "Why yes I do have electric fists. No, this is not against the rules. Now pay me."

Oh really? That is a very good tip, thank you.

I had been putting off those missions due to my 3 Body and 3 Reflex but I do have 20 Int and 20 Tech Ability so I think next time I play I'll take a shot at them with legendary Short Circuit on.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Pulcinella posted:

Yeah, the game looks like the art team had 7 years to create assets and plays like programming team had only ~2.5 years of pure crunch. I wouldn’t be surprised if real development only started about 6 months before that 2018 E3 demo.

It's really crazy how they can even attract the kind of programmer that is qualified enough to work on a project like that. It seems to me that you can find infinitely better work conditions and payment anywhere else in the IT market nowadays. I guess some guys just really want to make videogames so much that they subject themselves to any kind of abuse.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

the delamain quest, the yelling idiot and that moron with dick problems are the low points of the game so far
Brendans quest is quite probably the best one in the entire game.

I cried a little.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bland posted:

I was under the impression that quickhacks aren't allowed on those fights?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Communist Thoughts posted:

imagine being the poor devs made to ship the ps4 version because management didnt give a gently caress

i feel really bad for the dev team tbh, so much love went into pre-production then they just rushed everything out the door as fast as possible.
there's no way 90% of the gameplay systems have been in development for more than 2 years, they're barely finished.

Them “reinventing the wheel every friggin’ time” comes to mind. Probably doesn't leave much time to put the wheels on.

Section Z posted:

I remember among the many dissapointments in the outer worlds being that shotguns were horrible.

While asking myself "But my lovely sawed off is doing great!", I noticed that the Always A Direct Upgrade combat shotguns... did less damage than sticking with seemingly obsoleted sawed offs (which still had a magazine). Leading to my personal theory they somehow got shotgun type stats backwards but such a concept is so stupid people thought it was "Common fuckup A: Gun is weak" instead of "BONUS ROUND gently caress UP: Can't even apply stats to the right items!"

Shame shotguns still have a range of gently caress all in Cyperpunk though :v: Even if you feel cool using all forms of double barrel even if you have access to spammy mag fed shotguns.

Judy can give you a ridiculous power shotgun under the right circumstances. It's one of those that fire 20 pellets at a time.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

How do you get all the legendary quick hacks. And is it better to craft them or buy them?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
They are craft only afaik

AHH F/UGH posted:

It's specifically that effect on crit from the legendary short circuit. Works on any damage you deal that crits

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

AHH F/UGH posted:

They aren't, but the passive from legendary quickhacks still apply.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Kraftwerk posted:

How do you get all the legendary quick hacks. And is it better to craft them or buy them?

You need the perk in the Quickhacking tree for 20 Int to craft them from Epic versions.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Well, guess I know what I'll be trying to craft next. It probably won't work the same way the other mods do because I don't have 20 INT, just 20 TECH.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I love dropping legendary Contagion into a whole building on guys and just wiping them all basically without having to do anything. I'm really glad I went 20 INT and quickhacks on my first playthrough. I imagine going full melee is insanely difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Some reviewers said melee is OP enough to be boring.