Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In that case I can't begin to imagine what grounds WWE will try to claim they have for it cause as far as I know they've never used it for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Is this going to end up being the name of the Orientalism faction they’ve been building towards on NXT?

This is WWE so they’d probably call them the Corrective

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
My guess is a combination of people who wanted to be vindictive and people who didnt know the term was being used already

I have a flier for Effy's brunch that's nearly a year old and it says GCW The Collective right on it so good luck wwe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Intruder posted:

In that case I can't begin to imagine what grounds WWE will try to claim they have for it cause as far as I know they've never used it for anything

Maybe their argument will be,"Your honor, our company has a lot of money and our owner is rich" since there is a ton of precedent for that trumping most other laws? :smith:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Watch them make that the name of their Chinese invader group.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I thought they were calling Sami, Cesaro and Nakamura "the collective" for a week or two?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Some name that abbreviates to CCP. They partner with Retribution and Ali uses his hacking skills to put fraudulent match results on wwe.com and the faces have to overturn them and stop the steal

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought they were calling Sami, Cesaro and Nakamura "the collective" for a week or two?

I think it was 'The Artist Collective'

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Some name that abbreviates to CCP. They partner with Retribution and Ali uses his hacking skills to put fraudulent match results on wwe.com and the faces have to overturn them and stop the steal

<sigh> Just found out about “stop the steal” now. I swear the wwe thread teaches me more about US politics than the news.

From last page, but that Becky Lynch cowing to Steph thing I remember clips from the thread at the time and it still boggles my mind that they thought it’s a good idea. I know that is what happens when you have unbridled ego and surrounded by yes men but you would still think there was some voice inside that let them know nobody likes or respects the guy cowering to the boss.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

More importantly do they still own the trademark to The Corrrre

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

It looks like GCW does have the trademark so this will be funny.

Not seeing it on the USPTO database, but a ton of stuff comes back if you search “The Collective” so I may have missed it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DogsInSpace! posted:

From last page, but that Becky Lynch cowing to Steph thing I remember clips from the thread at the time and it still boggles my mind that they thought it’s a good idea. I know that is what happens when you have unbridled ego and surrounded by yes men but you would still think there was some voice inside that let them know nobody likes or respects the guy cowering to the boss.
It's half "Interacting with the Authority worked in the attitude era" cargo culting and half "we're so loving uncool lets try to leech coolness from anyone who is even vaguely over"

WWE management is basically obsessed with the latter and has no idea why the attitude era worked.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DogsInSpace! posted:

<sigh> Just found out about “stop the steal” now. I swear the wwe thread teaches me more about US politics than the news.

It wasn't that long ago when Stephanie would randomly show up to humble any woman that managed to gain any kind of traction with the fans. I'll never forget when AJ was on her long run with the diva's title and Steph came out and buried her for no reason and with no payoff.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

skaboomizzy posted:

there's a difference between using the term occasionally and straight up trademarking the term so the little guy cant use it anymore

call them the mastodon instead, vince

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
AJ Styles on the streaming situation in WWE: “If there’s an opportunity to pay back that money, that we worked hard for it at different times, we probably should.” (8:30)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=70uy2xpvP9s&feature=youtu.be

Got this from reddit where nobody can fully agree on what AJ is saying but the consensus is that he is saying if talent has the chance to pay WWE back they should and that WWE is making talent pay them back for twitch funds made.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Yukaichiban posted:

AJ Styles on the streaming situation in WWE: “If there’s an opportunity to pay back that money, that we worked hard for it at different times, we probably should.” (8:30)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=70uy2xpvP9s&feature=youtu.be

Got this from reddit where nobody can fully agree on what AJ is saying but the consensus is that he is saying if talent has the chance to pay WWE back they should and that WWE is making talent pay them back for twitch funds made.

That’s a whole new level of bootlicking if AJ agrees with that. The only collective WWe needs is collective bargaining.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

CopywrightMMXI posted:

That’s a whole new level of bootlicking if AJ agrees with that. The only collective WWe needs is collective bargaining.

I listened twice, it's only about 20 seconds, he is all in on WWEs side, saying Vince is Captain and he'll listen to what he says.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait "pay wwe back" for money they earned outside of it?

That's some next level brainworms poo poo

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
AJ also says that in a meeting between himself Vince Xavier and Sasha "it was determined that this is intellectual property" and then he motions around his face with a finger and says "this is."

So he fully believes WWE owns his entire face regardless of what name he is under, be it AJ, Allan or whatever else.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

AJ Styles is astonishingly dumb

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The twitch community?!?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Orange Carlisle posted:

Wait "pay wwe back" for money they earned outside of it?

That's some next level brainworms poo poo

Well you see they would never have earned that money if they weren't blessed to be employed by the WWE.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i can't believe that the guy from Georgia who spent 15 years in TNA and believes the world is flat isn't intelligent

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AJ worked in TNA for a decade so he's never been the brightest bulb, but still lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Listening to him talk about it, he's not an idiot but might be a coward. It doesn't have the energy of someone who really believes what they're saying.

I mean, he's a huge loving idiot but not so dumb to not realize he's getting robbed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aj styles has been a luke gallows character for at least 4 years

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Cavauro posted:

aj styles has been a luke gallows character for at least 4 years

this is very unfavorable to luke gallows

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Yukaichiban posted:

AJ also says that in a meeting between himself Vince Xavier and Sasha "it was determined that this is intellectual property" and then he motions around his face with a finger and says "this is."

lol

Sasha and Austin Creed need to talk to a lawyer asap

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm assuming Sasha is gonna be back for the next season of The Mandalorian, and that she has SAG membership now, so I hope she tells Vince to go piss up a rope.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WWE is just going to branch out into indie rock 10 years too late per usual and put Rhino, Alicia Fox, Ernest "The Cat" Miller, and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat into a group called Animal Collective

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

lol

Sasha and Austin Creed need to talk to a lawyer asap

Yeah, they really should challenge this poo poo. That argument would be laughed out of the room

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
maaaybe you could argue that a performer's outfit is wwe intellectual property, and maybe stretch that to hair and makeup, or a catchphrase, but to extend that to a person's visage is laughable. there has to be something intrinsically human that existed before they joined wwe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If everyone pays WWE back I will laugh really hard at these losers. You can't have any sympathy for them if this is true, they sat down with Vince and said "yes sir, you own us, you deserve our money."

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Zero sympathy for anyone working for WWE. Sorry, suckers!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Please stop siding against labor by calling AJ Styles a dumbass

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

killing your revenue stream isnt enough, you should be punished for the crime of getting over on your own

woo woo woo, you know it

edit: a hell of a lot more people watch twitch than vince's garbage, who's to say Big Excellent Langston's stream wasn't drawing eyes from twitch to wwe rather than the other way around

fake edit: their demos is what says that, but I digress

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 20, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

isn't he technically a scab from everything we can tell

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thus ever to traitors

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol remember when punk said there would be no union because "some people don't just lick the boot, they enjoy the taste" like a week ago?

et voila

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Reality Protester posted:

maaaybe you could argue that a performer's outfit is wwe intellectual property, and maybe stretch that to hair and makeup, or a catchphrase, but to extend that to a person's visage is laughable. there has to be something intrinsically human that existed before they joined wwe.

Carrie Fisher used to joke that every time she looked in the mirror, she had to give George Lucas a dollar.