Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Jose posted:

he loving sucks fwiw. used to host a tv show shaming poor people for being poor and is big into the idea that only Sensible Centrists make good politicians
you got any links?

it really is weird though that i can't think of anyone off the top of my head that discusses US politics that can do something like this. i mean it doesn't even seem difficult to 1: know how big the US debt is, and 2: have a general definition of facism. and then ask the person for details. same thing with that shapiro interview. dude loving called andrew neil a liberal and _then_ got up and walked away. (because he's scared of liberals?)

this would be dangerous if pete buttigieg had any charisma or was funny.

The Bible posted:

I live in Seoul, and tonight I walked past two Korean women in Gangnam Station holding American flags and Stop the Steal signs.

They smiled at me and I eyerolled hard and just walked away.

What the hell so they hope to accomplish here? Why even give a poo poo?

There were a ton of Trump supporters turning out at the Park Geun Hye rallies as well, when she got impeached and removed for turning over the country to a shamanic priestess, a gigolo and a KPop music video director.
i was in seoul the day after park geun-hye resigned and they still had the protest march that saturday. i did see a whole bunch of older koreans with signs that apparently supported her, even without reading the hangul they gave off boomer vibes. didn't see any american flag waving or trump supporters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I hate how I feel so anxious about poo poo that won't happen

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Is the homeless woman who made a skirt out of an american flag still hanging around itaewon station and shouting at tourists?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

I’ll be the girl wearing a shirt that says “proud pede”. It’s been ordered...ordered it after I booked my hotel.

I really hope this is true, because if so I’m really looking forward to some unfortunate camera angles on the second “E”

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:lol:

https://www.atpresentworld.com/2020/12/pences-political-future-is-under-threat.html?m=1

quote:

Incumbent Vice President Mike Pence's political career is going to be ruined because of Donald Trump's overwhelming love for the presidency.

President Trump has already poured water on Pence's political ambitions. Trump's strong attraction to the White House is responsible for Pence's downfall.

There have long been rumours that Vice President Mike Pence may seek a Republican nomination in the 2024 presidential election. Trump is ignoring Mike Pence's political hopes.

In the meantime, he has started paving the way for becoming a presidential candidate in 2024. He has already taken special initiative to work towards that goal. In this situation, it is normal for Pence to be disappointed.

CNN reported, A few days after the US election, Mike Pence called a close friend of his. They talked for about 30 minutes. Pence's friend said Pence had called to discuss the situation and its impact on the Republican Party.

He expressed optimism about the success of Donald Trump's efforts to reduce the number of ballots but had doubts about the preparation of various cases on the allegation of fraud.

Whatever he is, Mike Pence has been very cautious since the election. He continues to maintain a balance.

Speaking after the election, Pence refrained from fully supporting Trump's bogus demands. Rather he repeatedly spoke of every valid vote count.

And when Donald Trump hired himself to discover and propagate the fraud and conspiracy theories behind his election defeat, Mike Pence toured the region to campaign for the Republican candidates in Georgia's Senate elections to restore public confidence on the COVID-19 vaccine and the administration.

Seven Republican leaders close to Mike Pence told CNN that Mike Pence is still dedicated to Donald Trump.

He has been hoping for a long time that he will be the next Republican presidential candidate after Trump. He kept a bird's eye view of 2024. But now Donald Trump is standing in the way of his hope.

Trump has said he is not going anywhere. He wants another term in the White House. He has now brought the issue of elections in 2024 to the fore.

He has also started raising funds for this purpose since the election. The problem is, as long as Trump is in the running, Pence has no hope.

Pence has not yet announced a clear plan for what he will do after the deadline, CNN reported. He didn't even decide where to stay. Mike Pence and his wife, Karen Pence, have been living in government housing since moving to the Indianapolis governor's residence in 2013.

Now that his vice presidency has expired, he is looking for a permanent home to live in permanently.

His relatives think Pence will return to Indiana. However, the vice president's office could not be reached for comment.

Pence has been in government for 20 years. He has served six terms as a member of the US House of Representatives. He has been the Governor of Indiana for four years.

Then another four years as vice president. His friends say Pence needs to focus on income. If he does not earn, he will not work.

"He has to work," a senior Republican who knows Mike Pence told CNN.

Former Pence spokesman John Thomson, however, suggests some alternatives. "He has some options," he told CNN. Most former U.S. presidents and vice presidents have written books. Pence can also earn money by doing so.

Apart from this, you can also earn money by giving speeches. He can try both. Many of the former presidents and vice presidents of the United States Democrats and Republicans are doing this.

He can also contribute as an experienced adviser to the Republican Party. Whatever Trump's decision, Pence can certainly play a role.
"Over the next two years, he can continue his political and economic activities by lecturing around the country, engaging in various activities of the Republican Party, attending various meetings of Republican candidates in the midterm elections, raising funds for them or supporting them," said Thomson. Then either he will consider whether he will contest in the next election. '

However, the top leadership of the Republican Party has considered Pence as the presidential candidate in the next election.

Mike Pence is one of the few important potential leaders invited to attend next month's Republican National Committee meeting.

Pence is seen as one of the most important Republican candidates in the 2024 election. Other leaders in the Trump administration include Nikki Haley and Mike Pompeo. Among the senators are Tom Cotton and
According to political analysts, Pence's political future may look bleak now, but things will change over time.

Many feel that what Trump is telling now about another round of presidential elections will change over time. As time goes on, the interest of Trump will ebb.

With the reaction of the people of the United States under the new administration, Trump could take a lot out of the scene. At this point, Mike Pence will come to the front again in silence.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mike Pence: A stick of deodorant someone taught to wince.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

reminder that mike pence was a ben sharpiro-esque right wing radio show grifter who was flat broke before he became vice president and is now a multi-millionaire

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fixed it.

E: that's not real poop, it's apparently some famous poop statue vOv

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Grondoth posted:

It usually doesn't. Often times his timeline is full of deleted tweets cause he found some Q poo poo he liked cause it had a picture of him on it so he retweeted all that stuff.

Often times it's because the insane accounts he retweets take the signal boost ttump gives them to post even more insane and racist stuff.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Powershift posted:

reminder that mike pence was a ben sharpiro-esque right wing radio show grifter who was flat broke before he became vice president and is now a multi-millionaire

this story is 100% true and you will never convince me otherwise

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How do you collect on this though? Even when Biden is sitting in the white house on jan 21, your acquaintance is going to support the shadow presidency out of mar-a-lago.

Well, any normal and sane person would have settled up already, but he set the terms as "whoever is inaugurated on January 20th". I think he'll probably pay up even if he still believes Trump is his god-king, but I've already donated the $100 to the dog rescue I was going to make him contribute to, so best case he gives them another $100, so it's not really much of a 'loss' for him other than the actual admission of the loss on the wager.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Can someone replace the dead fat racist with the Hamburgler, please?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I read something that made a lot of sense to me when I had previously been baffled by it. Basically its about how so many Americans can be so pro Russia at this point and support them, the person explained it as the following:

You got a pro white nation, that is anti gay and has a leadership that does whatever it wants. It kills opposition members and when reporters try to challenge Putin or cover a story they are killed. Everyone knows who did it and that's the point, to create fear. Men are the ones who decide everything, thanks to changes in the law you can beat up a woman and not be charged for it, their rights are not as important nor are they as protected. Russia is in essence, the Republicans dream paradise.

It's definitely what the trumpers want.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Castor Poe posted:

All-ready did this.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/LaporteReporte/status/1340527719948304389

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
He and Grimace have the same body type, but the Hamburglar is funnier. Decisions, decisions....

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

This is kinda dumb. It's ignoring the fact that Pence was in charge of the Coronavirus response and hosed it up so bad over 400,000 deaths will be on his hands. There is no way you can even contemplate trying to staying in politics once he's out. He'll have to find a Republican business owner to grift off of who feels sorry for him. His political career ended with Trump.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Philthy posted:

This is kinda dumb. It's ignoring the fact that Pence was in charge of the Coronavirus response and hosed it up so bad over 400,000 deaths will be on his hands. There is no way you can even contemplate trying to staying in politics once he's out. He'll have to find a Republican business owner to grift off of who feels sorry for him. His political career ended with Trump.

Considering how Republicans and their supporters don't seem to care about the crazy number of dead so far It's hard to say that it will have any real impact on him. They're not even pretending to care so far. No it's all about the election.

But we do know what day at what hour that will change.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
At what point does the Republican Party have to change and get more progressive? I’d wager a large amount of supporters are 60+ which will make it hard to win elections in future years

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Last Call posted:

Considering how Republicans and their supporters don't seem to care about the crazy number of dead so far It's hard to say that it will have any real impact on him. They're not even pretending to care so far. No it's all about the election.

But we do know what day at what hour that will change.

He would be demolished in the primaries if he even tried. It's too big of a gently caress up to compete with literally anyone else. Everyone will jump on him over it.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Philthy posted:

Republicans won't even admit to those people dying of covid, they'll give zero fucks about holding him accountable. If anything kills his political career it'll be the fact that he's boring.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

this story is 100% true and you will never convince me otherwise

I enjoy the idea of Pence addressing his wife's unyielding back in bed, like Skinner: "but, mother..."

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Castor Poe posted:

Here you go!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Vernii posted:

Republicans won't even admit to those people dying of covid, they'll give zero fucks about holding him accountable. If anything kills his political career it'll be the fact that he's boring.

Can anyone tell me why we aren't seeing hellish videos of overcrowded covid wards and stacks full of corpses? I thought fear sold well.

Is it a HIPAA thing?

Warthog
Mar 8, 2004
Ferkelwämser extraordinaire

Jose posted:

he loving sucks fwiw. used to host a tv show shaming poor people for being poor and is big into the idea that only Sensible Centrists make good politicians

Hmpf interesting - my news-bubble seems to make finding a clip of that impossible :-/ could you link me to one, please?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Cute!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Baby

Ruth

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Philthy posted:

Ah my friend, we now have New Turbo Covid XXL, coming to your shores very soon from the mother country. 400k is optimistic.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Holy poo poo that picture of Trumb yelling at the kid mowing grass was REAL?????

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

legit looks like Eric lol

e: talking of Eric, looks like he's keeping himself busy at least

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1337593899251081217

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 20, 2020

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

:trumppop:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bardeh posted:

I'm picturing some minimum-wage shelf stocker who is only looking forward to the end of his shift looking over, sighing, and picking up his radio to report in: "guys, it's him again."

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Was this translated from another language? The writing is off.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
On Trump and the virus:

Several people told the Post that Trump has "given up" on the pandemic and that he didn't expect to go on for as long as it has.

Paul A. Offit, a member of the FDA's vaccine advisory council, said: "He's a salesman, but this is something he can't sell. So he just gave up. He gave up on trying to sell people something that was unsellable."

Olivia Troye, a former Pence adviser who resigned in the summer told the Post: "I would love to say that I'm shocked, but I'm not. People are still dying every day...To see a sitting president directly refuse to help during a crisis is just flabbergasting to me."

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
The president is just sitting in his bedroom staring at his phone desperately looking for anyone anywhere that will still tell him he's a big impressive good boy who won the election despite facts

It's incredibly, stupendously pathetic

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

The president is just sitting in his bedroom staring at his phone desperately looking for anyone anywhere that will still tell him he's a big impressive good boy who won the election despite facts

It's incredibly, stupendously pathetic

Do you think anyone had the stones to explain to Trump that if he had shown even the tiniest shred of competency in dealing with Covid, that he would have absolutely cruised to reelection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bardeh posted:

Urging people to vote for Trump on
*checks notes*
December 12th.