Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

JordanKai posted:

Mahershala Ali played Cottonmouth in Luke Cage and is now set to play Blade in a feature film, so from the looks of it Marvel isn't too concerned with double dipping on casting.

Wait for them to say that he went undercover as a crime boss to root out some vampires in Harlem*.

* = Note the following post was not serious. But it was a cool fleeting idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

WandaVision and Loki segueing into a Gillen-influenced Young Avengers would be so loving sweet

Don't forget Hawkeye!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
There have been other examples of two roles for an actor but if I remember them they weren't real prominent roles.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kingtheninja posted:

There have been other examples of two roles for an actor but if I remember them they weren't real prominent roles.

Well there was this one old guy that they kept throwing in to all these movies for some reason, but I don't know the name of any of his characters. Pretty sure it was a different character every time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In 10 years they should cast Chris Evans as an alternate universe Nick Fury.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

Well there was this one old guy that they kept throwing in to all these movies for some reason, but I don't know the name of any of his characters. Pretty sure it was a different character every time.

Gunn has said the implication of the Guardians 2 scene was that he was the same guy in every movie.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CzarChasm posted:

Put some respect on Hugh Hefner's name. :mad:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Which movie was it where they revealed that Stan Lee was a Watcher

Oh it was Guardians 2.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Kenneth Choi's character in Homecoming was apparently the grandson of his character in the first Captain America. Alfre Woodard, who despite what the script gave her was I think really solid as Black Maria, was also briefly in Civil War-- she was the woman who castigates Tony Stark for the death of her son. This was a pretty fun post to research, plus, I just looked out the window and saw a seagull. A seagull! In West Philly! How wonderful.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dang, gull-blessed trivia.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FlamingLiberal posted:

Which movie was it where they revealed that Stan Lee was a Watcher

Oh it was Guardians 2.
He was reporting poo poo to them so he's even more ancient and multiversal and watcher-y than the Watchers!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

Kenneth Choi's character in Homecoming was apparently the grandson of his character in the first Captain America. Alfre Woodard, who despite what the script gave her was I think really solid as Black Maria, was also briefly in Civil War-- she was the woman who castigates Tony Stark for the death of her son. This was a pretty fun post to research, plus, I just looked out the window and saw a seagull. A seagull! In West Philly! How wonderful.

So based on recent events will we be seeing reports of THE GULL, AVENGER OF WEST PHILLY hit newspapers soon?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Enver Leif Gjokaj was a cop for like 1 minute in Avengers. He even had a couple of lines. He later went on to play Agent Sousa in Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD. SHIELD writers even wanted to put him back in that cop role in Avengers since there was a lot of time travel in their last season, but I think Marvel said no or something like that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Enver Leif Gjokaj was a cop for like 1 minute in Avengers. He even had a couple of lines. He later went on to play Agent Sousa in Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD. SHIELD writers even wanted to put him back in that cop role in Avengers since there was a lot of time travel in their last season, but I think Marvel said no or something like that.

Enver is such a gifted actor. He was awesome on Dollhouse, and I loved Daniel Sousa's quiet honor on Agent Carter. I quit Agents of SHIELD after Season 2, but at some point, I plan to watch whichever season Sousa was back in.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

He has a subplot in the deleted scenes as a heroic cop who gets an alien weapon and tries to get people to safety, only to be gunned down. It's pretty good.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So based on recent events will we be seeing reports of THE GULL, AVENGER OF WEST PHILLY hit newspapers soon?

I'm ok with swooping in and out of nowhere to steal french fries from the unjust and just loving screaming at nothing for hours at a time, will have to sort of build up to making GBS threads on people from on high but if that's what it takes that's what it takes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Your dedication to the craft is admirable

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm ok with swooping in and out of nowhere to steal french fries from the unjust and just loving screaming at nothing for hours at a time, will have to sort of build up to making GBS threads on people from on high but if that's what it takes that's what it takes.

So Seagulls often eat bread and ants and the combination of yeast and acid in their stomach turns to booze. Which is why they are so belligerent all the time.

Do you think that you can get tanked up all the time? For method acting purposes of course.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Enver is such a gifted actor. He was awesome on Dollhouse, and I loved Daniel Sousa's quiet honor on Agent Carter. I quit Agents of SHIELD after Season 2, but at some point, I plan to watch whichever season Sousa was back in.

He is a straight up amazing actor, and I've been waiting for his career to blow up for a decade now and it never really has, and it's depressing.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

So Seagulls often eat bread and ants and the combination of yeast and acid in their stomach turns to booze. Which is why they are so belligerent all the time.

Do you think that you can get tanked up all the time? For method acting purposes of course.

I'm in recovery so no but I'd happily compromise with just eating ants and being belligerent at all times. It'll be a tough adjustment-- just like flying around making GBS threads on people-- but you know, I'm sure young Bruce Wayne had plans that didn't pan out either.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

How Wonderful! posted:

just like flying around making GBS threads on people
You need an alt, but instead of gassing your Mod account up it practices drive-by threadshits

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Do you ever think about how in X-Men: Days of Future Past either Iceman or Sunspot could have defeated the Sentinels if the other didn't let them absord his powers?

I think about it all the time.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Do you ever think about how in X-Men: Days of Future Past either Iceman or Sunspot could have defeated the Sentinels if the other didn't let them absord his powers?

I think about it all the time.

Those Future Sentinels* could just adapt and change, not absorb mutant powers. So enough of them would always have defeated any mutant because they'd figure out what they needed to change into to kill them.

Then again it killed Sunspot by becoming an Ice Robot. I am not sure how Bobby Drake would have defeated an Ice Robot by icing it harder. And vice versa.

*= Just call them Nimrods or Sentinal Primes you drat cowards. Your failure to fully lean into the comics mythos is why you lost the comic movie war.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Those Future Sentinels* could just adapt and change, not absorb mutant powers. So enough of them would always have defeated any mutant because they'd figure out what they needed to change into to kill them.

Then again it killed Sunspot by becoming an Ice Robot. I am not sure how Bobby Drake would have defeated an Ice Robot by icing it harder. And vice versa.

*= Just call them Nimrods or Sentinal Primes you drat cowards. Your failure to fully lean into the comics mythos is why you lost the comic movie war.

You might be right, it's been a while since I've seen the film. The visual implication of the Sentinels becoming icy/flamy while fighting Iceman/Sunspot gave me the impression that they absorbed powers. My bad!

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Did they say that they could adapt because the guys building it got some blood from Mystique and they used her mutan power or something?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm in recovery so no but I'd happily compromise with just eating ants and being belligerent at all times. It'll be a tough adjustment-- just like flying around making GBS threads on people-- but you know, I'm sure young Bruce Wayne had plans that didn't pan out either.

Father, I shall become a shithawk.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

New Wave Jose posted:

Did they say that they could adapt because the guys building it got some blood from Mystique and they used her mutan power or something?

I think that's it. Somehow I misremembered that they had Rogue's DNA.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I forgot what an incredible shot Lahey draining that entire bottle while walking backwards towards his car is. drat.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JordanKai posted:

I think that's it. Somehow I misremembered that they had Rogue's DNA.

No you're just remembering the rogue cut which fixed that plot hole. The plot hole being mystique's powers can't replicate other powers as was established all the way back in the first movie where she does wolverines claws and he just cuts them off cause they're made of flesh.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Question IRL posted:

There's been a rumor going around that Nimrod is going to be the villain of Deadpool 3, for whatever that's worth.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Saw WW84. It was OK, but it was a really weird choice to have her defeat the villain by singing "Imagine."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

There's been a rumor going around that Nimrod is going to be the villain of Deadpool 3, for whatever that's worth.
Interesting choice

I would have thought we would get a villain who is more of a traditional Deadpool villain

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Interesting choice

I would have thought we would get a villain who is more of a traditional Deadpool villain

Thanos?

LMAO

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Interesting choice

The rumors I've seen say that the rough idea is "Grim, serious villain comes looking for the X-Men, finds Deadpool instead."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

The rumors I've seen say that the rough idea is "Grim, serious villain comes looking for the X-Men, finds Deadpool instead."
Yeah that makes more sense

Kind of like how Deadpool just runs into Juggernaut in his second movie

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cythereal posted:

James McAvoy telepathically contacts Deadpool to let him know the school is on holiday to Shi'ar, but the voice sounds like Pat Stewart.

Also, danger room chase sequence.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FilthyImp posted:

James McAvoy telepathically contacts Deadpool to let him know the school is on holiday to Shi'ar, but the voice sounds like Pat Stewart.
James McAvoy telepathically contacts Deadpool to let him know the school is on holiday to Shi'ar, but the voice sounds like Cedric Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeXDDdcHb0A&t=93s

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 18, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The United States posted:

James McAvoy telepathically contacts Deadpool to let him know the school is on holiday to Shi'ar, but the voice sounds like Cedric Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeXDDdcHb0A&t=93s

Professor X communicates entirely through pained screams, but Deadpool gets the point.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Feel free to make your own inferences here
.https://twitter.com/BatKilmer/status/1340756227266129924?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Is that in regards to the boob gag? I don't know what's to get. What were people "missing" in AOU that it needed to be revisited in Justice League.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 21, 2020