Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
just fuckin' domed you pointblank w/ a shotgun but alas, it was nonlethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
all goofs all day

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm still chewing my way through the map and act 2 but it kinda bothers me that your a material witness and suspect in the murder of the worlds most powerful man, everyone is making GBS threads themselves, Dex caps you since your now a furiously radioactive loving associate because it and then by the time you crawl outta your apartment with a new headmate there is zero heat on and nobody even really comments on it besides like, Rogue noting your old crew being dead.

Like Yorinobo may have reasons not to really care about V but I don't see why he would bother to focus exclusively on Takemura when possibility of you being used the way Goro wants to use you exists. I guess that drone didn't actually get a recording of you and Jackie's face or whatever?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

GutBomb posted:

The difficulty of the secret ending is no joke. I went in at level 25 and... yeah impossible at that level. The rest of the game up to this point has been very easy with only a couple deaths (mostly from falling or jank).

I ended up using cheat engine to have unlimited health, ammo, and not be detected during that sequence and it still took 20~ minutes because of the insanely high HP of the enemies.

Really cool though. This is a top 5 game of all time for me, up there with system shock 2, and *souls.

I *just* squeaked through at level 35 with heavy abuse of a tech sniper rifle and the instant kill quickhacks (I had to branch off an old save at the oil field so I could get the ending to trigger, so I didn't want to invest any more time improving the character). Literally any hit would one shot me. It took me a ton of tries to get to the elevator but I cleared it on the first attempt where I was able to get on it. My hands were shaky when Smasher finally went down. It owned

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 21, 2020

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...utm_name=iossmf

This makes me want to bring all the main characters together and get an epic photo shoot.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes it's worth getting to Body 6 for the larger weapons. They reload faster and do more damage. Also body 6 unlocks the more hp perks in athleticism so why not.

Does spending 3 perk points in Athleticism to get +30% health actually make you feel more durable? That seems like a petty solid bump on paper but I dunno.

This game's perks really do vary wildly in quality, and it seems to have little to do with level.

For instance 11 Cool unlocking a flat +50% headshot damage perk in the Cold Blood tree is better than any single perk in the entire Assault perk tree, where everything is a smaller bonus to only 1 type of weapon.

OTOH Street Brawler has seriously bigass damage boosts you only need Body 3 to get.

:iiam:

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Honestly, the non-lethal options vacillate between either feeling like a concession to fit in with the rest of the immersive sim genre, or a joke at ardent players' expenses.

They're routinely introduced as "this won't kill your enemies, but they'll wish it did." And then there's the first thing you read in the CP2020 rulebook:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure I don't have a nonlethal mod on Skippy or anything but half the time enemies are just knocked out. I'm trying to kill everyone.

Really weird to see a game like this not have a karma system of some kind.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

MarshyMcFly posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...utm_name=iossmf

This makes me want to bring all the main characters together and get an epic photo shoot.

thats loving badass

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Skeezy posted:

I'm pretty sure I don't have a nonlethal mod on Skippy or anything but half the time enemies are just knocked out. I'm trying to kill everyone.

Really weird to see a game like this not have a karma system of some kind.

puppy pacifict mode targets legs which will down people nonlethally

also skippy flips your decision after 50 kills

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sometimes I'll shoot people lethally and they'll be lying on the ground grimacing in pain. Sometimes I'll finish someone nonlethally and they'll start bleeding out and go very still very quickly.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean the sledge hammer claims nonlethality and it's finisher animation is splattering a skull like watermelon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Does spending 3 perk points in Athleticism to get +30% health actually make you feel more durable? That seems like a petty solid bump on paper but I dunno.

I feel 30% more durable :v:

But seriously I have survived a few hits with 10-20% health that probably would have killed me if I didn't have that perk so I guess it's working. But really it's more of an added bonus. The real draw of the 6 body stat is more damage and faster reloading on the heavier weapons.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Caidin posted:

I'm still chewing my way through the map and act 2 but it kinda bothers me that your a material witness and suspect in the murder of the worlds most powerful man, everyone is making GBS threads themselves, Dex caps you since your now a furiously radioactive loving associate because it and then by the time you crawl outta your apartment with a new headmate there is zero heat on and nobody even really comments on it besides like, Rogue noting your old crew being dead.

Like Yorinobo may have reasons not to really care about V but I don't see why he would bother to focus exclusively on Takemura when possibility of you being used the way Goro wants to use you exists. I guess that drone didn't actually get a recording of you and Jackie's face or whatever?

I had the same issue but the beginning ripperdoc does say your new optics will prevent facial recordings

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh man that 6K armor video is pretty crazy showing how the ex-nihilo bonus doesn’t just copy/give you a free of what you’re crafting. It gives you a free of the highest crafting you can make.

what? :psyduck:

LifeSunDeath posted:

This guy's trying to bet me a car I just blew up, good news Keanu is chilling in the wreckage, and my clothes are clipping through my body

https://i.imgur.com/IKiYCk0.mp4

:tif:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Letal/non-lethal is confusing even without that mod. Got lectured on killing people by the monk who was going to be teched up by Maelstrom though I used non-lethal takedowns on all of the mooks there. Not sure what he wanted me to do.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Caidin posted:

I mean the sledge hammer claims nonlethality and it's finisher animation is splattering a skull like watermelon.

Also there's hatchets which are nonlethal blunt weapons for some reason...?

More weapon talk: I once came across a vending machine that sold one-time-use, non-reloadable pistols, which is hilarious and fun, and I wish they (or anything else) were ever worth using over the Lizzie pistol which has out damaged every single other weapon I've found for the last 10 hours. There's so much potential with the weapons in this game that is compromised by other aspects.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

v1ld posted:

Letal/non-lethal is confusing even without that mod. Got lectured on killing people by the monk who was going to be teched up by Maelstrom though I used non-lethal takedowns on all of the mooks there. Not sure what he wanted me to do.

you can end up accidentally killing people in a lot of ways, if they take any damage after the nonlethal takedown it's oopsies

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I feel 30% more durable :v:

But seriously I have survived a few hits with 10-20% health that probably would have killed me if I didn't have that perk so I guess it's working. But really it's more of an added bonus. The real draw of the 6 body stat is more damage and faster reloading on the heavier weapons.

Yeah, that monster rifle I got as a reward from Panam was awesome once I got my body up to 6.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
I assume there is still no way to have custom radio stations right?
Anyway can someone mod the Brigador Soundtrack into the game and get back to me pls? thx

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Now this is what I imagine post-apocalyptic to look like.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Bashing skulls in with a baseball bat is so satisfying. *BONK* *BONK* *BONK* *SPLORCH*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The only way of taking people out nonlethally I found 100% consistent was the quickhack that KOs the target. It's especially good for cyberpsychos, none of whom were immune to it I found

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

They build 'em tough in 2077. :shrug:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Turin Turambar posted:

It's funny to see Americans with their panties in a twist with stuff like that, when here in Europe (including Poland I guess) what people think is 'oh look is that car of that old tv series!'. And.. that's it. Most people don't know who the hell is General Lee.

lol stfu nazi simp.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

you can end up accidentally killing people in a lot of ways, if they take any damage after the nonlethal takedown it's oopsies

I think if they go down from multiple different DoT effects a good epic if not legendary is liable to have that'd be lethal as well?

Or at least seems to be.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

LifeSunDeath posted:

Not sure how I feel about the inclusion of the CyberGeneral Lee vehicle:

This is pretty sweet.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Currently non-lethal is bugged so that you get a repeat street cred payout after you shoot or stab the unconscious body. So it’s got that going for it.

It also seems to be something that really concerns Regina’s cyberpsycho quests.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Wish the game and every game had a comprehensive respec method so you can try out different builds or test stuff. Guess a mod will add a potion shard of clearance eventually, but would've been nice if it was built into the ripperdocs.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

my favorite accidently nonlethal murder is when you pick up the body, and then when you put it down, it fractures into meat chunks and evaporates

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Katt posted:

When you can just flip literal bullet weapons into non-lethal with a super cheap mod then the whole thing feels pointless.

Usually there would be some larger reward for managing a whole mission non-lethal. Like a karma system. Instead the game penalizes you by not giving you cred or xp for a non lethal takedown.

Non lethal? No problem. I just flip a switch on this anti material rifle and it programs this half pound depleted uranium sabot to be non-lethal.

So when I fire it through three cars and into a guys face he just goes to sleep instead. What with it being non-lethal now.

It's like they started a whole system of non-lethal themed abilities and approaches and then just binned it.

One thing that I neglected when putting the nonlethal mod on my SMG was that it doesn't make DOT effects nonlethal. So I was pumping people full of harmless nonlethal SMG rounds, which then set them on fire and burned them to death. Lmao oops

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

v1ld posted:

Wish the game and every game had a comprehensive respec method so you can try out different builds or test stuff. Guess a mod will add a potion shard of clearance eventually, but would've been nice if it was built into the ripperdocs.

I saw a respec item in a shop, does that not do what you need?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Not sure how I feel about the inclusion of the CyberGeneral Lee vehicle:

i know alot of morons got super upset about that when they saw the side view during twitter previews and legit assumed it would have the failure flag on top because CDPR are evil nazis or some poo poo.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Got to give it to the game to not let you respec attributes so you choices actually matter.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i know alot of morons got super upset about that when they saw the side view during twitter previews and legit assumed it would have the failure flag on top because CDPR are evil nazis or some poo poo.

Hang on people don't like the dukes of hazard car just because it has some old flag on it? What weirdos, didn't really get the convo going on.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I like the game a lot. You can tell there were corners cut in places, but it has a coherent story with a beginning, middle and end, a bunch of good side quests, and fun combat and progression systems. I played on PC and didn't run into any significant issues, so maybe I'm lucky. Parts of the game feel a bit thin, like the relationships with the fixers, but other parts of the game felt so almost indulgent. I was really surprised by how much the different endings diverge from each other, and how fleshed out they felt. Jackie is probably my favorite character in a game, and I loved the way they handled his story and family and whatnot.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Been playing this on my laptop w/2080 Max-Q. Followed DF's tweak guide to the letter pretty much, except also turned down crowd size to medium. I've been running it at 1080p w/high quality DLSS and the image is really amazing much of the time with lots of ray tracing and with framerates around 30-50. Pretty pleased with the performance so far.

There's of course been bugs, probably 1 every play session, so that's pretty lovely. But at least quick saving/loading has fixed it pretty much every time. And I do genuinely enjoy most of the activities, from the main missions to side-stuff and just wandering to a question mark and seeing what happens. I at least find this game much more engaging then I've ever found the GTA series.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on people don't like the dukes of hazard car just because it has some old flag on it? What weirdos, didn't get get the convo going on.

it was resetera and twitter. like yeah gently caress the confederacy and smash their monuments and burn there lovely flags but a cool car named after an rear end in a top hat in stupid but fun show isnt the loving worst thing. people need to be able to turn off sometimes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lucid Dream posted:

I like the game a lot. You can tell there were corners cut in places, but it has a coherent story with a beginning, middle and end

Have you seen the endings? Because the story of this game is just loving something awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on people don't like the dukes of hazard car just because it has some old flag on it? What weirdos, didn't really get the convo going on.

It doesn't even have an old flag on it though. It's the fictional flag for the Neo USA or whatever it's called in Cyberpunk.