Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
The hardest boss so far in Y7 has been a giant Roomba

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Brass Hand posted:

The hardest boss so far in Y7 has been a giant Roomba

I'm about to beat Yakuza 7 and it's a bummer, but luckily 3, 4, and 5 are coming to gamepass in January and 6 after so I'll be able to pick up again soon.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Yeah I'm gonna have to check out more the series on gamepass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol Goromi got me good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

lol Goromi got me good

imo that's the best part of Kiwami 1

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Okay it’s taken ten chapters but the story is really kicking into overdrive in Y7. So much to do.

The best side stories are the ones that end with this music

https://youtu.be/IbUpk-IQUNM

or

https://youtu.be/-QOXHjkV-oQ

Brass Hand fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 22, 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

imo that's the best part of Kiwami 1

my fave far has been the decades long pocket circuit saga or the 5 part Substory of "guy bumps into Kiryu on the exact same road"

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

lol Goromi got me good

lol it’s so good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My favorite sub story was Kiryu accidentally introducing consumption tax to some guy in a bar and then doing the FFFFFUUUUU face when my favorite Japanese dollar store closed down irl because of it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My favorite sub story was Kiryu accidentally introducing consumption tax to some guy in a bar and then doing the FFFFFUUUUU face when my favorite Japanese dollar store closed down irl because of it.

That was Majima

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Welp, time to sink in all the hours to become top dog caberet dude in kiwami 2. I figure Ill get fuckoff rich doing that and roll straight into the clan creator poo poo. (which I'm assuming is coming next?)

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Professor of Cats posted:

Welp, time to sink in all the hours to become top dog caberet dude in kiwami 2. I figure Ill get fuckoff rich doing that and roll straight into the clan creator poo poo. (which I'm assuming is coming next?)

Not sure if you make money of Cabaret but it is still a lot of fun. And yes clan creator is next.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I think I have broken Y7 with a move that involves an office worker throwing thumbtacks at groups of clustered enemies. Owns.

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice
0 and kiwami 1 and 2 are on sale on steam. I'm about to start fresh with 0, never played any of the series. Can't wait to get going.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9W0EU62mT4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trinary posted:

0 and kiwami 1 and 2 are on sale on steam. I'm about to start fresh with 0, never played any of the series. Can't wait to get going.

you won't regret it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

anyone here played the re-masters of 3,4, and 5 who could tell me how the new localisation is? ppl seem to hate it but idk if they're being over dramatic

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

what are they complaining about? i haven't come across anything weird in them

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

anyone here played the re-masters of 3,4, and 5 who could tell me how the new localisation is? ppl seem to hate it but idk if they're being over dramatic

I didn’t notice any difference in localization quality between them and 0/K/K2, no idea what the complaint is supposed to be

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

some side-story stuff was re-written with borderlands style writing is what i've heard

e - https://twitter.com/Synthgrind/status/1190679363177582593?s=20 apparently it was just one substory so it was bullshit

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 23, 2020

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I don’t remember anything like that. The retranslations are fine and bring them in line with the rest of the releases.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Thinking of gearbox writing Mr Libido and getting chills

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

some side-story stuff was re-written with borderlands style writing is what i've heard

e - https://twitter.com/Synthgrind/status/1190679363177582593?s=20 apparently it was just one substory so it was bullshit

I guess I missed that substory but there’s nothing else like it in any of the games. I’d guess that one character is probably supposed to be annoying because that kind of Borderlands writing definitely would have infected the rest of the games otherwise

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah thats clearly supposed to be some insufferable dipshit punk but who cares about context when you're a freak that obsesses about the "accuracy" of video game translations on the internet

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

tao of lmao posted:

Thinking of gearbox writing Mr Libido and getting chills

scavenger hunt side-story where you have to find all of the hidden illicit USB sticks

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I guess I missed that substory but there’s nothing else like it in any of the games. I’d guess that one character is probably supposed to be annoying because that kind of Borderlands writing definitely would have infected the rest of the games otherwise

I'm glad, I'm really looking forward to them coming out on pc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

yeah thats clearly supposed to be some insufferable dipshit punk but who cares about context when you're a freak that obsesses about the "accuracy" of video game translations on the internet

it can't be helped

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Beat Y7 a few days ago.... still going through yakuza withdrawal and looking for a new good single player game. Y7 is my GOTY. I definitely will replay it at some point as I feel like there's a lot to explore on hard mode and by trying a lot of the classes I ignored + side quests and part time hero. I'm not gonna replay right now though because 3,4 and 5 are dropping on gamepass soon and I don't want to get burnout.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Brass Hand posted:

I think I have broken Y7 with a move that involves an office worker throwing thumbtacks at groups of clustered enemies. Owns.

some of the moves are super OP and it’s great, loved brutally murdering the final bosses with orbital lasers and cattle prods

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

ho fan posted:

some of the moves are super OP and it’s great, loved brutally murdering the final bosses with orbital lasers and cattle prods

It’s a shame that switching jobs appears to incur such a penalty on stats as I really want to try others but don’t want to have to grind battle arena to get them up to scratch.

My only main complaint is that (and this is likely a nod to JRPGs on purpose) is that there are one or two mechanics that are hidden and there appears to be little indication in game on how they work. For example if Kasuga has the foreman job, he can use a skill in free roam that breaks barriers in front of some shops (becoming secret shops) and in dungeons to open new paths. I found that out by accident when googling something else.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its nice to be surprised by things in the age of data mining guide freaks

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
That guy is a lust machine!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

its nice to be surprised by things in the age of data mining guide freaks

yeah this. weird arcane mechanics ftw

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Probably in my top 3 Y0 substories

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
This time I noticed that, when you give him the shrink wrapped magazine, his name changes from "Innocent Lad" to "Sophisticated Lad"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

real yakuza use a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

real yakuza use a controller

It changed when I pressed the screenshot keys, don't worry