Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

e: new page context: re: Cyber Punk 2077 "best played on Stadia" redit posts.

Buggy launch seems par for course for open world games, every Bethesda game is unplayable for the first year or so. I know this isn't Bethesda, but look at other open world stuff, NMS is a great game now but was pretty drat buggy at launch.

Launch titles for consoles also tend to be rushed and buggy, so this was a double whammy. If this wasn't a console launch I bet they would have delayed it until 2021.

Have these people played any games at launch? It was pretty obvious from the trailers that it wasn't going to work well out of the gate it's too ambitious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I had zero bugs on launch week with Fallout 4 aside from a single crash around the 30hr mark (and a caravan running around in their underwear). Should have bought a lottery ticket the same day.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fallout 4 is an interesting example because it currently doesn't work well with Nvidia cards. Nvidia released a graphics driver update sometime last year that broke the loading screens and made them take several minutes. It's something to do with the framerate and can't really be fixed by modders. Obviously Bethesda can't be arsed to fix it but are happy to still sell you the game, the bastards.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

pixaal posted:

e: new page context: re: Cyber Punk 2077 "best played on Stadia" redit posts.

Buggy launch seems par for course for open world games, every Bethesda game is unplayable for the first year or so. I know this isn't Bethesda, but look at other open world stuff, NMS is a great game now but was pretty drat buggy at launch.

Launch titles for consoles also tend to be rushed and buggy, so this was a double whammy. If this wasn't a console launch I bet they would have delayed it until 2021.

Have these people played any games at launch? It was pretty obvious from the trailers that it wasn't going to work well out of the gate it's too ambitious.

Cyberpunk isn’t a launch game, it’s not native on PS5 or S/X. It runs best there since they brute force it on BC

Also those games you mentioned don’t have anywhere near the problems of this one

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

AdmiralViscen posted:

Also those games you mentioned don’t have anywhere near the problems of this one

I have literally never finished new vegas because i played it on console and it'd always crash uncontrollably towards the ending missions. This is pretty par for the course, i'd think.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
People need to stop bringing up NMS. There's a difference between fundamentally broken software and getting something that wasn't as advertised

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
No mans sky multiplayer literally didn't work when they actually released it. Kept desyncing.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Stadia is cool for linking to my uplay account and playing assassins creed in my tv and soundbar and chromecast only bedroom setup 🤷‍♂️

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

beergod posted:

Stadia is cool for linking to my uplay account and playing assassins creed in my tv and soundbar and chromecast only bedroom setup 🤷‍♂️

For some bizarre reason, the "Uplay+ means you can play on Stadia" thing is US only, despite Stadia itself being in other countries and UPlay+ (or whatever they call it now) also being in these other countries.

But all the new Ubi games went on deep discount for the disc versions in the past few days so whatever.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

univbee posted:

For some bizarre reason, the "Uplay+ means you can play on Stadia" thing is US only, despite Stadia itself being in other countries and UPlay+ (or whatever they call it now) also being in these other countries.

But all the new Ubi games went on deep discount for the disc versions in the past few days so whatever.
fwiw at least in America uplay+ Just Works on GFN. Luna also supports uplay+.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lodin posted:

Fallout 4 is an interesting example because it currently doesn't work well with Nvidia cards. Nvidia released a graphics driver update sometime last year that broke the loading screens and made them take several minutes. It's something to do with the framerate and can't really be fixed by modders. Obviously Bethesda can't be arsed to fix it but are happy to still sell you the game, the bastards.

Same with AC: Unity. At some point after the game's release, Nvidia's drivers broke something in the Helix Rift missions and I'm not sure if that ever got fixed.

It's not a major part of the game (I think you're only ever forced to do one of them for the story? Not sure) but it's still bad. The effect looks like your GPU is dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTxGjYVLTLs&t=15s

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Gobbeldygook posted:

fwiw at least in America uplay+ Just Works on GFN. Luna also supports uplay+.

Stadia works much better for me. GFN lags like crazy on the same setup. It is bizarre. Luna is great, just not 4K yet.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I don't want to make this a CP77 thread, but right now the game is so broken the devs are suggesting you don't play it (regarding save-file corruption) with no eta on a fix.
Honestly it's only FO76 that's been on that level of broken.
I've played countless games in their launch week. Most have no significant issues.

Saying any part of this is "normal" or should "be expected" is a stretch.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Khablam posted:

I don't want to make this a CP77 thread, but right now the game is so broken the devs are suggesting you don't play it (regarding save-file corruption) with no eta on a fix.
I've played countless games in their launch week. Most have no significant issues.

Absolutely tremendous content, though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ErrEff posted:

Same with AC: Unity. At some point after the game's release, Nvidia's drivers broke something in the Helix Rift missions and I'm not sure if that ever got fixed.

It's not a major part of the game (I think you're only ever forced to do one of them for the story? Not sure) but it's still bad. The effect looks like your GPU is dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTxGjYVLTLs&t=15s

Wasn't AC:Unity the buggiest AC release up to that point?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Khablam posted:

I cannot believe Im praising it in any way but Fallout 76 had a public beta so they didn't hide you were about to freefall into an absolute mess on launch day.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wamdoodle posted:

Wasn't AC:Unity the buggiest AC release up to that point?

No, it was working as intended.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Really happy that Cyberpunk plays better on my phone than on my friends Playstation. Thanks Stadia!

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

That looks like an interface conceived of in hell to torment sinners.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I tested Cyberpunk on my phone using GFN. I instantly regretted it because that game was not meant to be played on a tiny screen. :stare:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

I tested Cyberpunk on my phone using GFN. I instantly regretted it because that game was not meant to be played on a tiny screen. :stare:

Hell even on my 12.9 iPad some of the games don’t look correct.

It’s not perfect by any means but it works ok.

It’s worth my $5 a month.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Hell even on my 12.9 iPad some of the games don’t look correct.

It’s not perfect by any means but it works ok.

It’s worth my $5 a month.

Absolutely, I've been playing Ghostrunner on my old laptop using GFN and it runs really smoothly.

They had a deal where you could get 6 months for $24-25 or something like that, so it possible to get it for cheaper.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Khablam posted:

I just saw that piece. If your savegame gets larger than 8MB it corrupts itself and for a massive open-world game you'd think they'd err well on the side of caution if there's gotta be a maximum size on it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just saw that piece. If your savegame gets larger than 8MB it corrupts itself and for a massive open-world game you'd think they'd err well on the side of caution if there's gotta be a maximum size on it.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded

quote:

Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered.
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

Was this article helpful?
8 out of 270 found this helpful

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahahaha I’m playing it on a 40 inch screen and all I can think is “I wish I had a bigger screen”

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
So... the issue pops up if you glitch items and hoard? How does the stadia solve that when a local game might let you hex-edit the file back down in an emergency?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For the longest time I thought the thread title related to Destiny 2's PvP but nope, an entire game developed, launched, and cancelled with zero fanfare, goddamn Amazon.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From what I understand the Cyberpunk save files crap out if they exceed 8MB. Sounds even stupider than when Skyrim on PS3 would fill up the hard drive with data and make the whole console run like rear end.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lodin posted:

From what I understand the Cyberpunk save files crap out if they exceed 8MB. Sounds even stupider than when Skyrim on PS3 would fill up the hard drive with data and make the whole console run like rear end.
So... how does THE POWER OF THE CLUD fix that?

(leaving that typo in)

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Shumagorath posted:

So... how does THE POWER OF THE CLUD fix that?

(leaving that typo in)

You can't check the file system to confirm the bug, thus never knowing whether you hit this issue or any other. Ignorance is freedom

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You are playing the game wrong :smug: ignore all these collectables and cool stuff we put in that you'd want to hold on to just destroy them since stuff stays forever and... you know this doesn't sound like a well coded game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lodin posted:

They've now clarified you'll only ever hit that if you're duplicating tens of thousands of items. It's a dumb bug, but at least it'll never hit someone playing normally.

Edit: double clarifying that it's stupid as hell

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 22, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lodin posted:

They don’t

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just saw that Stadia now allows you to trial Pro mode without giving your credit card details for 30 minutes. :shrug:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

PowerBeard posted:

Just saw that Stadia now allows you to trial Pro mode without giving your credit card details for 30 minutes. :shrug:

But I still have to buy the games and pay a month fee to play the games I own without them looking like they are from 2004 right?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

dogstile posted:

They've now clarified you'll only ever hit that if you're duplicating tens of thousands of items. It's a dumb bug, but at least it'll never hit someone playing normally.

Edit: double clarifying that it's stupid as hell

If you craft a lot you will hit the 8mb limit eventually.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Just don't engage with the game mechanics and you'll be fine.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sandweed posted:

If you craft a lot you will hit the 8mb limit eventually.

I craft a lot (in fact my char is specced into it) and I don't see myself ever hitting that limit before I finish the game :v: It'll be fixed before I get close and i'd literally have to try to break it. It's dumb, but as usual people are listening to the lovely games journo's clickbaiting and making it out to be worse than it is.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 22, 2020

durabrand107
Mar 17, 2007
Spill Resistant Design
I like the stadia, I got it and the chromecast, controller, cyberpunk, and borderlands 3 for like $60 I think. I do think its for people like me who don't give a poo poo about gaming or consoles and have a laptop they use for work. I can play a game pretty easily on one monitor while I watch emails or whatever on the other monitor. Of course I wasn't even aware of anything other than stadia so maybe I should look at the other services, but I do like having the ability to play on my TV with the controller if I want to leave my office.

I also don't particularly give a poo poo if google stops supporting it, it's not very likely that I'm going to buy a ton of games. But yea, for dudes that stopped really playing PC games awhile ago and occasionally want to try the new thing, it's just about perfect. Lol, its the non-gamer way to play video games, doubtful that it "disrupts" literally anything except I might play a video game instead of watching monday night football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

No posts in 10 months, then a "stadia is perfect for gamers such as myself" post.
I guess HA tagged in the Dave Lister of google.