Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Firstborn posted:

So FedEx said they would be here between 8:45 and 12:45. I opened the blinds and pretty much sat in front of the window.

9:35 You package has been delivered.

I go outside and look down the street and see a FedEx truck. It never came to my street. I try to tell them to stop, and the driver sees me about half a block away and runs and jumps in the truck and drives off. Still pretending like he doesn't hearing me SCREAMING, "Sir?! Hey, sir!" waving my loving hands and running in the street chasing him.
At the next stop they make, I see there's another guy in the truck. He's putting packages to the front of the truck. I see a Wal-Mart box.

Me: Hello, I have the FedEx app it says you delivered a package? I didn't sign for anything.
Driver 2: Wtf Driver 1 you didn't get him to sign!
Driver 1: (we have quite a few people here from some African countries, and it's clear this man is a temp and barely speaks english. He is the one humping packages while the other guy drives.) *Looks up scared and confused*
Driver 2: Uhh wait no I signed for that. Yeah I signed for it.
Me: I have been waiting. You didn't even go on my street?
Driver 2: Ohh I know what happened. *Winks?* I'm on the way now I got you.

I take out my camera and take a picture of the plate of the delivery truck. I start to walk home. He passes me on the way and says, "Hey we good?" I shrug, "Yeah?"... He goes, "You want me to... drop it off at your house?" (like they are supposed to do) I say, "You can give it to me right here." He winks and smiles and says, "It's got a little weight to it, I'll drop it off for you."

I circle back around to my block, and I Driver 1 drop a package off at my doorstep. I flag down the driver on their way out.

Me: "So you never came to my street, and signed for the package, and still had it on the truck, yeah?"
Driver 2: *starts to stammer a response*
Me: "And you have NO IDEA what's in it!"
Driver 2: "n-no.."
Me: "Thanks guys." *loving walks off*

I'm a little confused. What's with the winking? Was he winking at you? Like, "I was trying to steal your PS5 and you caught me!" wink wink. Who would do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm not sure dude. He just kept loving winking at me like James Franco, idk if it was like "you caught me" but he seemed like... thinking about maybe he was trying to imply the other guy tried to take it? It's clear he didn't know what was happening, but the way this dude was like...

"oh yeah I know what happened *wink*"

Like tf?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Shammypants posted:

Yea, you have to do the normal steps first unfortunately. Let them try and find the package, talk to the driver and then after they say it's gone you have to demand and investigation into the signature (if there was one) and other things. Usually it's a he said she said situation and sucks. We put way too much faith into these crappy delivery companies.
Well, if nothing else, having the report on record with the police would make them take the next person who calls about the same guy a lot more seriously.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Sony is really bad with posting sales on the PS5. If you look at items in the Christmas sale on their own pages, you can see the discounts, but there’s not collective page stating all the items in the sale. It took them a bit to get the sale page up for Black Friday too but I guess they didn’t see an issue with that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

For some reason Ghosts of Tsushima is just, like, permanently stuck on my PS5's download queue? The game is already fully installed and playable on my system but it won't go away from my download screen. It just says "39.338 GB/39.338 GB (queued)"
It's been like this for like a week now.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Augus posted:

For some reason Ghosts of Tsushima is just, like, permanently stuck on my PS5's download queue? The game is already fully installed and playable on my system but it won't go away from my download screen. It just says "39.338 GB/39.338 GB (queued)"

Sony should start offering refunds for the PS5 OS.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Please don’t direct posters towards the police ITT, it’s 2020 and all these stories highlight direct action as the only solution

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed plus they would probably just laugh at you anyway because that’s a silly concept even ignoring AC being B

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The police has only ever personally hurt me, and I hate loving complaining, and I'll stop now and go set up the ps5 and thanks goons in this topic and every other forum for putting up with my poo poo

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Augus posted:

Maybe silly question, but have you done a reboot? When poo poo gets stuck, I reboot it and it has taken care of it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
False alarm, it told me that it'll take 6 hours to transfer my data.

Also I think I owned myself? I have Cyberpunk digitally on PS4 and did not refund it, and yet it wasn't in that initial list of "here are some games would you like to carry them over?" It would suck to have to wait for it to go back in the store when I explicitly did not return it for this moment

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Firstborn posted:

False alarm, it told me that it'll take 6 hours to transfer my data.

Also I think I owned myself? I have Cyberpunk digitally on PS4 and did not refund it, and yet it wasn't in that initial list of "here are some games would you like to carry them over?" It would suck to have to wait for it to go back in the store when I explicitly did not return it for this moment

it will still be tied to your account until you refund it, assuming you've launched it on the ps4, it will be in your game library tab along with everything else you've ever touched on psn

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I've actually been dealing with UPS freight for the past 1.5 weeks and it's been a nightmare.

They somehow lost my 200 pound new subwoofer. The delivery website still says it's "out for delivery by 9pm" for Wednesday Dec 16th. I've called every day since then. On Thursday and Friday of last week they assured me it was being delivered both of those days and I would get a phonecall. Only yesterday did they admit they've lost the package. Now I've been told there's nothing I can do but wait for a phone call from their "locator services".

I really don't know how this situation is going to resolve, but the company that makes the subwoofer is not a large corporation. They definitely cannot eat the cost of a lost subwoofer.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah having a PS5 is cool, but have you ever removed Octoshop add-on, unfollowed @Wario64, @Solelinks, deleted your Wal-Mart and FedEx app at once?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So if you're buying an external SSD for your PS4 games, you really, REALLY should spend the extra money (maybe a 20 or 30 dollar difference) on getting one that does USB-C @ 1050 MB/s.

I got a SanDisk 1TB and it is silly how fast this thing loads.

Fast travel in Tsushima and Fallout 4 takes like a second or two at most.

This model is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GTYFC37/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_69I4FbN3K9C30

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

complaining on the internet worked, Ghosts has finally gotten out of my download screen.
a new patch for the game downloaded and I guess that forced it to go away?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Is Immortals Fenyx Rising worth the $40 it’s on sale for? Kinda curious about it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

man nurse posted:

Is Immortals Fenyx Rising worth the $40 it’s on sale for? Kinda curious about it.

Loot grinder. It's apparently not very good.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Does Immortals run at 30 fps on PS5 or was the update not properly installed?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Glad Firstborn got his console!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Spermando posted:

Does Immortals run at 30 fps on PS5 or was the update not properly installed?

check the settings, its probably on quality 4k if its 30, performance will be 60.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

man nurse posted:

I've really enjoyed it. There's no loot, but there is visual equipment customization, and it's got this dad joke Saturday morning cartoon vibe that's incredibly charming.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also I have Immortals on PC and I find it charming and fun, but I like the UBI rear end Creed formula.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How long is it on sale cause I think maybe my wife got it for me for Christmas so I'll wait in case

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wait, I was thinking of Godfall.

Godfall is the lovely loot grinder. Nevermind.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

So if you're buying an external SSD for your PS4 games, you really, REALLY should spend the extra money (maybe a 20 or 30 dollar difference) on getting one that does USB-C @ 1050 MB/s.

I got a SanDisk 1TB and it is silly how fast this thing loads.

Fast travel in Tsushima and Fallout 4 takes like a second or two at most.

This model is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GTYFC37/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_69I4FbN3K9C30

or just transfer games you're actively playing to the internal SSD

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

or just transfer games you're actively playing to the internal SSD

Is this some peasant joke I'm too rich to understand?

Who has room on their internal SSD?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hey man I have 5 whole games on there and have space for almost one more.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Goddman I want a ps5. Tryin ta get one in the uk is a shitshow

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Wait, I was thinking of Godfall.

Godfall is the lovely loot grinder. Nevermind.

Godfall did give us the amazing review title "Godfall is godawful" so really it's impossible to say if it's good or bad.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i got poo poo loads of space with a poo poo load of games installed, did you get a defective internal ssd?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know this is an almost outlandish request from a company like Sony, but with so many games being bundled these days it would be nice if Sony actually subtracted the cost of games in a bundle that you already bought through PSN like steam does, instead of just making you eat poo poo on the cost of anything you already own.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vikar Jerome posted:

i got poo poo loads of space with a poo poo load of games installed, did you get a defective internal ssd?

Bugsnax, Astro, Valhalla AssCred, MK11, Demon's Souls, Miles, Spidey, and Cyberpunk add up to like 700 GB.

CP2077 is 105GB by itself, lol.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vikar Jerome posted:

I'm guessing a lot of the games you have installed are not that large. The system technically is 825GB, but after formatting, etc, it's 667GB usable. Subtract ~60 for system poo poo, and you're left with a little over 600GB.

It's not unusual for some games to be around 100GB due to patches, DLC, and new content that's included as updates instead of separate DLC.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 22, 2020

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I know this is an almost outlandish request from a company like Sony, but with so many games being bundled these days it would be nice if Sony actually subtracted the cost of games in a bundle that you already bought through PSN like steam does, instead of just making you eat poo poo on the cost of anything you already own.
gently caress man usually with Sony if you own anything in a bundle you're locked out from buying the bundle, ever.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bugsnax, Astro, Valhalla AssCred, MK11, Demon's Souls, Miles, Spidey, and Cyberpunk add up to like 700 GB.

CP2077 is 105GB by itself, lol.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm guessing a lot of the games you have installed are not that large. The system technically is 825GB, but after formatting, etc, it's 667GB usable. Subtract ~60 for system poo poo, and you're left with a little over 600GB.

It's not unusual for some games to be around 100GB due to patches, DLC, and new content that's included as updates instead of separate DLC.

i have demons souls, bugsnax, doom, soma, yakuza 7, bloodborne, spiderman miles morales, cyberpunk 2077, ratchet and clank, crash trilogy, monster hunter world, 8bit adventure anthology, kowloons gate vr, final fantasy 14 and astros playroom all installed on the internal ssd and no external attached with about 127gb left and i have a bookshelf full of physical media that i can put in at anytime which is, basically, free infinite space in its own right but those prior games are what i have installed and even that is too many and barely any get played, so, yeah.

basically juggling my time with spiderman/cyberpunk/bloodborne/yakuza 7 at the min, i have to play them in shifts so i can finished them faster and move on, doom and ff14 are random why not plays and the others i havent even booted up yet. i have platted astros tho.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 22, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I will install a big fat SSD in my PS5 when it’s supported but I would never ever use an external SSD, I dunno why but that seems untenable

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

theres a new system update apparently? it adds a dialogue box that lets you know if you about to play the ps4 version and not the ps5 version of a game that has both.

i checked but doesnt seem live yet? guessing the screenshot i saw was someone who had it early

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Akuma posted:

gently caress man usually with Sony if you own anything in a bundle you're locked out from buying the bundle, ever.

Yeah lol, it seems really random how much you will be punished for buying things from Sony. Sometimes you can buy a bundle and just end up eating the cost of a game you already own. That's best case scenario. Sometimes you just get locked out from buying it if you already own part of it, even if it's the cheapest option. This usually happens with "complete editions".

My favorite PSN/publisher oversight thing is how sometimes buying a game can prevent you from ever getting any sort of deal on DLC for it. I've had it where I bought a game at launch for full price, and later some DLC was released for that I never got around to buying. Way down the line the complete edition of the game would regularly go on sale complete with all of the DLC for 1/3rd of the cost of the DLC. But I am locked out from buying that version because I already own it. So if I ever want to play the DLC the only option is paying full price for it since the DLC alone never goes on sale. This has happened to me with at like 5 games. It's like a big middle finger to people who actually support games at launch instead of waiting for flash sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

I will install a big fat SSD in my PS5 when it’s supported but I would never ever use an external SSD, I dunno why but that seems untenable

When I can cram a 4TB ssd in there I'll just use the external as another backup for my music and video files.

After losing everything when my seagate backup drive melted down the same day as my iMac internal HDD loving up and me wiping it, I will never again have less than 3 hard copies of everything.