Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

I've seen enough gigantic Polish farm hands clown car out of 126s that I'm confident than anyone can fit in and/or drive one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wife wanted a fun car and it arrived today. 1979 Fiat 126 completely restored in 2005 and engine rebuilt in 2018. It's tiny and fun to drive. Gave it a quick wash but we'll get some decent pictures this weekend.

Parked between the 1977 320i and the 1978 Van Diemen RF78

I kinda miss my '78 128 Sedan.

(1987)

It got a little bent:

It also could barely do 60 MPH.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I have always been obsessed with tiny cars, I'd love to find one of these.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

chrisgt posted:

I have always been obsessed with tiny cars, I'd love to find one of these.

Someday we will own an Isetta....

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

crackhaed posted:

Someday we will own an Isetta....

I have actually driven one of those. I'm 6'2" and amazingly fit in one quite comfortably.
They're way too much money, though.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

chrisgt posted:

I have actually driven one of those. I'm 6'2" and amazingly fit in one quite comfortably.
They're way too much money, though.

They aren't cheap, but unlike most car purchases I want-to/could make, it would actually appreciate!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

crackhaed posted:

They aren't cheap, but unlike most car purchases I want-to/could make, it would actually appreciate!

Yea I know how that is... My 300td is actually appreciating and it's a weird feeling.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Beater Subarus are happiest when dirty.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

STR posted:

Beater Subarus are happiest when dirty.

I think this is true of all beaters

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Raluek posted:

:wow:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

guy behind me was parked six feet out of the parking spot and I was trying to weasel my way out and caught me one of them four foot home Depot poles. Truck is due for its second oil change.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well, if you can't Dodge it...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Raluek posted:

:drat: What year is that? There's a red and white one I drive by once and a while, really like the body style.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

NitroSpazzz posted:

:drat: What year is that? There's a red and white one I drive by once and a while, really like the body style.

Mine's a '60. That body style is '57-'60. '57 has single headlights, '58 has a plain hood with emblem and kinda meshy grille, '59 has a similar grille to mine but mesh in the hood where mine has slots, and has "F O R D" spelled out instead of the badge in the hood.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

bird cooch posted:

guy behind me was parked six feet out of the parking spot and I was trying to weasel my way out and caught me one of them four foot home Depot poles. Truck is due for its second oil change.

Geeze, what do they make bumpers out of nowadays, tinfoil? Looks like it’s barely more substantial than any other sheet metal in the truck.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I haven't been incredibly impressed with the panel thickness on this entire truck, but in the bumpers defense it is a very heavy truck. I'll see how thick it is when I take it off to knock it out.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

That's a drat handsome truck.

Darchangel posted:

Geeze, what do they make bumpers out of nowadays, tinfoil? Looks like it’s barely more substantial than any other sheet metal in the truck.

5000lbs at 2mph still carries a lot of kinetic energy

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

5000lbs at 2mph still carries a lot of kinetic energy

Still wouldn’t touch the bumpers on my ‘70 Cutlass. Might scratch the chrome.
Girly bumpers on the manly trucks.

Of course, you have a good chance of not dying when you run into something with the truck, rather than being catapulted through the windshield by your unyielding front end, and only retained by a lap belt. Like in my Cutlass...

Edit: I can confirm, however, that the front end will still collapse a bit when you t-bone a late ‘70s Olds Delta 88.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Raluek posted:

Mine's a '60. That body style is '57-'60. '57 has single headlights, '58 has a plain hood with emblem and kinda meshy grille, '59 has a similar grille to mine but mesh in the hood where mine has slots, and has "F O R D" spelled out instead of the badge in the hood.

Thanks. This one has "F O R D" across the front

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Raluek posted:

Goddamn that looks good.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
2021 Audi TT RS, my spouse's dream car in his favorite color (Kyalami Green). Spoiler delete and no ricey black optic badges, but we were required to go with the 20" wheels, which are newly standard for 2021. This is going to be our new sensible DD; it is strangely similar in feel to the Huracan

RIP Mazda3, you will be missed (apart from your annoying habit of disabling cruise control when it rains and traction control when it snows). Long live Carmax

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's a good green.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I don't know that I'd seen the redesign on the TT (ever slightly more angular than the one I'm familiar with off the top of my head), I really like it and that color is awesome. Big fan.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
I've never seen that shade of green on an Audi, ever, I don't think. Super nice.

Here's my A4 in winter mode and with a new Unitronic intercooler. Planning to upgrade the exhaust in the spring and then flash to Uni Stage 2.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

got off on a technicality posted:

2021 Audi TT RS, my spouse's dream car in his favorite color (Kyalami Green). Spoiler delete and no ricey black optic badges, but we were required to go with the 20" wheels, which are newly standard for 2021. This is going to be our new sensible DD; it is strangely similar in feel to the Huracan

RIP Mazda3, you will be missed (apart from your annoying habit of disabling cruise control when it rains and traction control when it snows). Long live Carmax

Very nice pickup! I haven't seen too many spoiler delete TTRS's running around, makes it very unassuming (if you don't look at the front of the car).

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

With Audi doing stuff like this and BMW doing the things they are currently doing...it makes me think a future me will not be driving a BMW.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

GramCracker posted:

Very nice pickup! I haven't seen too many spoiler delete TTRS's running around, makes it very unassuming (if you don't look at the front of the car).

and you’re color blind

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Excellent color choice.

My fiance looked at a 2016 or 2017 TTS in a very similar color (although the seller called it 'viper green'). We both loved it, but he had mods and a tune, and while it was still under warranty we didn't want to worry about a dealer voiding it.

That and he was also asking substantially more money than the CPO 2016 TTS we found in white from a dealer.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i like that bright green but oof at the color clash between the red calipers

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BraveUlysses posted:

i like that bright green but oof at the color clash between the red calipers

Would have worked yesterday!

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Man you gotta put some low profile tires on that, I think I can still see some rubber between the wheel and the road.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Number_6 posted:

Man you gotta put some low profile tires on that, I think I can still see some rubber between the wheel and the road.
I know, even my Huracan has more sidewall

Seriously I would swap these 20" wheels (on the TT) for the 19" OEMs in a heartbeat. Do you all know if that's a thing? Will dealers do that?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Do some 4-wheel burnouts so you can get rid of those Pirellis and get some Michelins on there.

If you give the dealer $2000 I'm sure he'll take the upgraded TT bigly wheels off your hands - as a favor - of course.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

How did Pirelli P-Zeros get put on so many vehicles? The little research I did no one actually likes them.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

I know, even my Huracan has more sidewall

Seriously I would swap these 20" wheels (on the TT) for the 19" OEMs in a heartbeat. Do you all know if that's a thing? Will dealers do that?

Dealers generally hate swapping anything that would make the window sticker incorrect but you're at an advantage here in that you're downsizing, so it's worth a shot.

I really like the current gen TT. It might be my favorite interior of any car right now.

That color totally rules but as has been mentioned, the red calipers are killing me and you might as well delete the orange reflectors since the TT makes it easy to do so.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

tangy yet delightful posted:

How did Pirelli P-Zeros get put on so many vehicles? The little research I did no one actually likes them.

They don't cold crack in flannel weather like the Michelin PSS, because having to live in SoCal or Arizona for that little extra grip always gets ignored by the circlejerk.

Potenza S001 is the closest thing to an all-season I can get on my 20s. I have to find a size down for winter tires (but this is Seattle, we get like two weeks of freezing, three days of snow a year).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ranzear posted:

They don't cold crack in flannel weather like the Michelin PSS, because having to live in SoCal or Arizona for that little extra grip always gets ignored by the circlejerk.

Potenza S001 is the closest thing to an all-season I can get on my 20s. I have to find a size down for winter tires (but this is Seattle, we get like two weeks of freezing, three days of snow a year).

Interesting I guess I was biased in looking at all seasons versus summer tires, mainly because I prefer the better all round performance over top performance because I'm not cranking my F-Type THAT hard in the summer. Ended up getting Pilot Sport A/S 3+ put on all round but they are also 19s, not sure if they go up to 20s. I'm here in Portland so similar weather to your Seattle.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Yeah, the Potenzas had likely been put on my Cayman before I bought it because I don't think they were a factory option nor would they be on a press car. They've got a lot of outer shoulder wear already but looking for an alternative is how I discovered I have no all-season or winter options at all. The Potenzas are at least functional around freezing.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Same. Ford has made sure my life is tire hell with the wonderful world of 295/35/19 fronts and 305/35/19 rears :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Digital_Jesus posted:

Same. Ford has made sure my life is tire hell with the wonderful world of 295/35/19 fronts and 305/35/19 rears :argh:

*laughs in P275/35R18xP325/30R19*