Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So you, uh, pretty much need Barbara in the Liyue skillbook domain, huh? Or maybe XQ. Tried getting some regular shields up with Ning, but that wasn't actually stopping the random stagger from pyro ticks. Went much more smoothly with a protective layer of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CJ posted:

If you do domains in coop then you have the added benefit of being able to steal the party leader's ore to keep your daily refinement capped out.

You don't have to steal if all the players in the same "zone" as the ore being smashed. it spawns for everyone

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I've never actually done the liyue skillbook domain. The BP and chests/story covered all the prosperity/diligence/gold I needed for Keqing/Xiangling/Xingqiu (the only liyue characters I use). I've done the Mondstadt one an awful lot.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Flair posted:

You can always co-op

Randos are just as bad at the Noblesse domain as the rest of us. :ssh:

Glazius posted:

So you, uh, pretty much need Barbara in the Liyue skillbook domain, huh? Or maybe XQ. Tried getting some regular shields up with Ning, but that wasn't actually stopping the random stagger from pyro ticks. Went much more smoothly with a protective layer of water.

Yeah, Barbara's good there. Bringing along a Cryo character to freeze the agents is also pretty useful IME.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do the monster stats increase when you do co-op?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
They get a decent amount of health per player.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

MarcusSA posted:

HP goes way up, not sure about the other stats

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Bloody Emissary posted:

Randos are just as bad at the Noblesse domain as the rest of us. :ssh:

Two reasons to do co-op anyway:

1. When you fail, only one of your characters needs to be healed up

2. Achievements

But so far, the only consistent bad co-op randos I have had are at Golden House and Forsaken Rift, but luckily, Golden House is solo-able without timer

MarcusSA posted:

Supposedly, yes on the HP, but based on testing, my characters take the same amount of damage from the creatures regardless if the world has other players or not.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks guys! The HP makes sense and I’ve always had decent luck with Co-Ops.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The only bad randos I've had are the ones who bring 1 element users to the. matching element domain. I don't care if Klee's your carry, don't bring her to the fire domain. sheesh.

Also, what's up with two cyro archers before a cyro catalyst user? Sheesh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

haven't heard anything about a cryo catalyst coming but we just came off two Geo 5* so they have no real qualms against stacking elements

Ganyu and Diona seem to have like zero overlap in role which definitely helps

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just have to say that Diona at c6 is legit amazing.

She puts in a lot of work and her ult heals quite a bit when I need to.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

No Wave posted:

I've never actually done the liyue skillbook domain. The BP and chests/story covered all the prosperity/diligence/gold I needed for Keqing/Xiangling/Xingqiu (the only liyue characters I use). I've done the Mondstadt one an awful lot.

Ning's pretty great in Mondstadt. Getting a shield up does a lot to protect you from the random cryo death clouds. Does not protect against being 0-to-deathed against the wall by the resurrection icicles on the freakin' mages though, need to be careful to fight in the open.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Geo had no 5* at all prior to that though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Also, what's up with two cyro archers before a cyro catalyst user? Sheesh.

Would've been a good opportunity to have one with the introduction of the new catalyst. As it stands, all three of the icicle weapons look pretty bad with maybe the claymore being good on Razor solely for the substat (he won't be getting the bonus damage much). The polearm is vastly inferior to Crescent Pike, and the catalyst is an F2P Eye of Perception that's worse. Like with Razor, the catalyst won't get the bonus damage much because of how easily they trigger reactions and remove elemental statuses.

Very odd design choices with those weapons.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the spear would likely see more use with Rosaria and Hu Tao if their leaks are accurate, catalyst can go sit in the corner

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The catalyst is an atk substat with a dmg proc, how is this bad?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It's not unusable, just outclassed by a lot of existing 4* catalysts (Solar Pearl, Widsith, Eye of Perception, even Mappa Mare). But since the other F2P damage catalyst is an EM substat, it could be a good option for a DPS that doesn't care about reactions. Its main issue is its most effective user doesn't exist yet, a Cryo catalyst who can reliably get the maximum value from the passive.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Atk substat catalyst is like instantly the best craftable weapon for most purposes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if we had more DPS catalyst users i could see it but it's basically just Ning/Klee while everyone else would prefer the other craftables or something to boost their support use

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Craftable spear is a phys damage substat spear that isn't crescent pike. It's doomed.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Have anybody else's daily leyline locations suddenly started shifting around? Mine have been in the same configuration for literal weeks, but after doing a few co-op sessions with pals in the past few days they're now in different spots than usual. I'm curious as to whether those things might be related, or if it's just a byproduct of the prepatch, or whatever.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

My leylines have always changed every day. I've never experienced the thing where people say theirs stay in the same spots.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

My leylines have always changed every day. I've never experienced the thing where people say theirs stay in the same spots.

Yeah mine are always in the same spots.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

In a multiplayer world they can shift, but in a 1 player world the frist two exp/mora ley lines are always in the same place, and if they are finished, they move to the exact same second place. I always do the Treasure Hunters above the first domain you find, then the ruin guard directly behind northwest of that. For mora I do the one in sal whatever, as it's very fast and easy to fling dudes into the water.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I wish mine would move so I could maybe get some different mats when I just run one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

See, I don't get a ruin hunter. Mine are always treasure hunters and slimes+whopper in Mondstadt, hillichurls+abyssmage (I like this one) and whopper+cicin (I hate this one) in Liyue. It's been stuck like this for months, even if I actually claim a few it'll go back to this the next day.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah, mine used to shift around every day, but now they are always the same ones. I'd say it started right around 1.1?

Arleneth
Apr 28, 2010
My Liyue EXP leyline has a round where the enemies are three hydro cicins and 1 electro cicin mage, meaning there can be 6 cicins running around simultaneously.

Nope. Thankfully the one in Mondstadt is sane in comparison. I have the Treasure Hoarders, then a Ruin Guard, and the third is a hilichurl rush.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

See, I don't get a ruin hunter. Mine are always treasure hunters and slimes+whopper in Mondstadt, hillichurls+abyssmage (I like this one) and whopper+cicin (I hate this one) in Liyue. It's been stuck like this for months, even if I actually claim a few it'll go back to this the next day.

The slimes whopper is thhe 1st mora in mondstandt, the Treasure hunters is the first exp. Do the treasure hunters, claim the reward, then look for where the exp ley line respawns in mondstdt. That's the ruin guard (it's a guard, not a hunter, sorry).

Arleneth posted:

My Liyue EXP leyline has a round where the enemies are three hydro cicins and 1 electro cicin mage, meaning there can be 6 cicins running around simultaneously.

Nope. Thankfully the one in Mondstadt is sane in comparison. I have the Treasure Hoarders, then a Ruin Guard, and the third is a hilichurl rush.

This one truly sucks rear end. I now stand far away and fling rocks with Ningguang.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
As the servers were going down I realized this was the last time we'd get to see the placeholder Dragonspine, so I decided to snap a screenshot for posterity.

Thinking of climbing back to that exact same spot after the patch lands and comparing them side by side!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ruby Prism posted:

As the servers were going down I realized this was the last time we'd get to see the placeholder Dragonspine, so I decided to snap a screenshot for posterity.

Thinking of climbing back to that exact same spot after the patch lands and comparing them side by side!

I took shots from 3 different angles to compare them later! Wangshu Inn is a good spot.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So if i'm reading the thread chatter right the new weapons are unimpressive and the new character is meh unless you got a hardon for geo?

Nothing but some primos and cheevos in the expansion?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

story and an entirely new area, plus some new events in the following weeks. the free event weapon (Festering Desire) is also excellent

Albedo needs to be tested before judgement is fully passed anyway

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

dogsicle posted:

Albedo needs to be tested before judgement is fully passed anyway

Not if you want to get your tier list updated before everyone else's for those sweet reddit points

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The 4*s on both banners are great (best 4*s ever for both character and weapon banner). The weapon banner is stacked, it's good ER weapons and Stringless the best 4* gacha weapon period.

The 5* sword is a stinky geo sword but it's actually the strongest offensive 1H sword in the game atm for most characters (even ignoring the shield bonus).

From what I've heard the new area actually has a ton of content, much more than the last release.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

No Wave posted:

From what I've heard the new area actually has a ton of content, much more than the last release.

1.1 didn't include a new area, it was just a few quests to finish Liyue and then the story quests for the new characters. This is a whole new area, new quests, new domains, new artifacts, new characters, new enemies, new events, etc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm so excited to kill cubes that have actually difficult moves and gimmicks in a week or w/e

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
any word on what the AR gate is to enter Dragonspine? I'd assume same as the event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They're adding a whole new permanent area for Pyro to excel in.