Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Shamelessly stolen from another goon in a goon discord:

This is real good, especially for a crossover meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Sheen Sheen posted:

You’re a real Viking at insufferable histrionics

I don't understand, is he sleep posting?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 22, 2020

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

lol

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

:hai:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
This has probably been done but I don’t care it’s a reprieve from vikingposting

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse posted:

I appreciate your use of trout, instead of something else Idaho is well known for producing...

This coming from a goon from Maine, which is the Shelbyville to Idaho's Springfield in terms of potato production.

Now I want some Potato/Lemonposting mashup for maximum combinatory value.

e.pilot posted:

This has probably been done but I don’t care it’s a reprieve from vikingposting

Thank you. I suspected it was posted earlier.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

GoutPatrol posted:

It makes sense if the stress in the sentence was on "that's where I'M a Viking" but it is read like "that's where I'm a VIKING"

he stresses both, though! therein lies the game.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

:unsmith:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Aww that's sweet

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

Dr. Quarex posted:

The funniest and truest joke about his presidency is that the saying "anyone can be president" has gone from inspirational to cautionary

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Translator's note: keikaku means "viking"

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

AI-generated Simpsons characters:

https://www.thisfuckeduphomerdoesnotexist.com/?fbclid=IwAR3D8WcBvLKvvB1YtMtplnI7puD8hEGJ-bO1vFWJCZoF_YeKSLtcb7xx_Rs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's like a lava lamp

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

jackpot

https://www.thisfuckeduphomerdoesnotexist.com/p/p/b928a8d8

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Incredible

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Whoa!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Whoa! Incredible

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

https://www.thisfuckeduphomerdoesnotexist.com/p/p/c8170e2f
oh ok

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I don't know if it's art, but I like it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I don't know if it's art, but I like it

Am I the only one seeing Nigel Thornberry

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

It's like a lava lamp.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

they may be bad neighbors but at least they have dignity

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like when it starts morphing into a pretty good facsimile character and then keeps going into a horrible gelatinous blob.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Nearly all I get are a variation of Bart, sometimes Homer

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

bandaid.friend posted:

Nearly all I get are a variation of Bart, sometimes Homer

This one is Bart dressed up as Homer dressed up as Agnes.

"Hello Mr Skinner? You're a bad son Si..meon. The house is on fire!"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

AI-generated Simpsons characters:

...i have spoken to god, and they have abandoned us.

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

what did we do to deserve these tiny unreadable titles

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
My friend lost it when I told him "yeah, we have a name for that. It's neat-posting."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So the twitter thread dissecting old Simpsons jokes gave me two questions:

1) Does Chalmers believe any of the bullshit that Skinner throws his way, or is it just easier to give a non-comittal "uh-huh" to any stupid excuse and just move on?

2) There are a generation of people who missed out entirely on the original Star Wars trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy are their Star Wars. And there's a vocal subset of that group that cannot be bothered with the original movies because they are too slow or boring or have bad effects. The Simpsons has been around long enough, could there actually be people around today who started watching the show at say season 13 and they really enjoy what the show is now, but cannot get into the groove of the classic era?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Nobody watches new simpsons, hth.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CzarChasm posted:

So the twitter thread dissecting old Simpsons jokes gave me two questions:

1) Does Chalmers believe any of the bullshit that Skinner throws his way, or is it just easier to give a non-comittal "uh-huh" to any stupid excuse and just move on?

2) There are a generation of people who missed out entirely on the original Star Wars trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy are their Star Wars. And there's a vocal subset of that group that cannot be bothered with the original movies because they are too slow or boring or have bad effects. The Simpsons has been around long enough, could there actually be people around today who started watching the show at say season 13 and they really enjoy what the show is now, but cannot get into the groove of the classic era?

First one: had some discussion on this before, might be a bit of both. Chalmers is described as one of the few regulars who could function outside of Springfield, and I get the feeling that he goes along with whatever Skinner says mostly because on some level he's aware that trying to question it is a quick road to madness. That and he's a comically apathetic education system executive whose job doesn't involve direct interaction with children, so of course he puts in the bare minimum of effort either way. Following up on Skinner's weirdness is more work for him to do.

Also, with Steamed Hams being the one most people bring up there- remember, in that context, he's off the clock. He's having a friendly luncheon with a work acquaintance at their own home, who he's mildly annoyed by, but doesn't have any authority nor reason to follow up on besides personal curiosity.

Secondly, not really? Old Simpsons eps aren't any less accessible than the new ones by any metric, and with zoomers everything old is new again; between piracy, streaming, old media and syndication, they have more free access to media from any era than any generation. The memes especially are likely fuelling interest in older episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a human being out there who’s seen every episode of the Simpsons?