Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

CDPR aren't getting nearly enough poo poo for the number of god awful celebrity cameos in this game.

The Hideo Kojima cameo came out of nowhere and was brilliant. I can't be the only one who had a Pavlovian response like, "Of course he put himself in this", instantly followed by "Wait, why the gently caress is he in this!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Grem posted:

Here's a list of bugs that are now constant no matter what I do.

1. Drone controls stuck on the hud

2. A subtitle stuck on the screen about the guy who died by the car surrounded by mines.

3. I can't fast forward dialogue anymore.

Thinking about reinstalling but... Is that an option on the ps5 anymore?

The first one, at least, is stuck in your save until CDPR fixes it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

NovemberMike posted:

I distinctly remember murdering all of them.

I've gone back to this now and literally my only breadcrumb is "agree to Brigitte's offer." It's a but-thou-must and it pisses me off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Lone Badger posted:

I've gone back to this now and literally my only breadcrumb is "agree to Brigitte's offer." It's a but-thou-must and it pisses me off.

You'll have the option to kill all the VDB by the end of the questline.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

exquisite tea posted:

She was the only streamer cameo that I recognized and I thought she was fine.

Never agree to have your likeness put into a videogame.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's really more of a problem with the consoles not having proper shaders + every character model looking bad on last-gen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
GITS fans recognize this symbol? :)

Its straight up The Individual Eleven, they didn't even change the kanji

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zaphod42 posted:

Is that dude breakdancing?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it's not her likeness. she didn't get scanned (cause of covid?).

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

That's really more of a problem with the consoles not having proper shaders + every character model looking bad on last-gen.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ending:

Went with having the Aldecaldos help me out, Mitch and most of the gang survived sans Saul, kept my body and rode off into the sunset to make breakfast for Judy. I saw some rumbling about bittersweet endings and yeah not everything went great for everyone but drat if that's just about the happiest ending you could ask for. Looking forward to seeing what the more Johnny centric ending is like

e: oh and finally something came of the corps taking Jackie's body. I was glad to see that

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 23, 2020

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

This been posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5jTaa4Wj7Y?

They check out all the reddit crap and find it mostly false except some very specific lower end AMD cpus. The official patch is also identical to the mods so no need for hex edits.

They also pretty thoroughly show why anecdotal gamer evidence on performance in Cyberpunk is mostly useless. For whatever reason even when they try to accurately benchmark they get wild run to run variance so they have to do a lot of runs to get any decent average. Presumably its something to do with background processes, but its why you can get such strong performance placebo effects. You can quit the game, say 3 hail marys, and then boot it up and get + or - 10 fps for a while. I wouldn't trust any One Crazy Trick to fix your fps

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Best bug I ran into was the sick thrash guitar riff from the street concert before breaking into Arasaka Tower as Johnny to find Alt playing on loop through the entirety of the flashback, plus the Voodoo Boys / cyberspace sequences following it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

FuzzySlippers posted:

This been posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5jTaa4Wj7Y?

They check out all the reddit crap and find it mostly false except some very specific lower end AMD cpus. The official patch is also identical to the mods so no need for hex edits.

They also pretty thoroughly show why anecdotal gamer evidence on performance in Cyberpunk is mostly useless. For whatever reason even when they try to accurately benchmark they get wild run to run variance so they have to do a lot of runs to get any decent average. Presumably its something to do with background processes, but its why you can get such strong performance placebo effects. You can quit the game, say 3 hail marys, and then boot it up and get + or - 10 fps for a while. I wouldn't trust any One Crazy Trick to fix your fps

There's something about his thick, luxurious mane of hair that makes me trust him without even hearing a word he's said. I know this is a man that would never lie to me.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Best bug I ran into was the sick thrash guitar riff from the street concert before breaking into Arasaka Tower as Johnny to find Alt playing on loop through the entirety of the flashback, plus the Voodoo Boys / cyberspace sequences following it.

Ha! I had that one too, super annoying but thankfully cleared itself after I reloaded a quick save.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Loving this game so far. Especially the fashion, and the photomode.

Speaking of fashion though, anyone know where/if I can get the more flashy neon stuff you see npcs wear sometimes?
Holographic hoodies or glowing neon leg stripes and whatnot, like this:

--

bonus coolbike.gif

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

The first one was. Not sure what the difference is between “open level” and “open world” are but in ME1 you didn’t need to travel to many of the different planets and shoot some poo poo on it and fly away.

none of the original mass effect games are open world.

they mako sequences are openwolrd-y but they are esentially minigames withing the game

we have to make a difference between open world games like fallout new vegas, with a single gigantic map, or
any of the gta and games where you walk a corridor

there will be games where the corridor looks like a outdoor area and is wide, but is still a corridor, these we can describe has semi-open world, like the last god of war

cyberpunk is, of course, open world

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Grem posted:

2. A subtitle stuck on the screen about the guy who died by the car surrounded by mines.

Turn Subtitles off then on in your sound config.
Sometimes it pops up for me sometimes it doesnt, that makes it go away for a time though.
But it always rears its head again and again.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Talorat posted:

Ha! I had that one too, super annoying but thankfully cleared itself after I reloaded a quick save.

I thought it might be jump up hype music for the fights… turns out it was not

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Speaking of fashion though, anyone know where/if I can get the more flashy neon stuff you see npcs wear sometimes?
Holographic hoodies or glowing neon leg stripes and whatnot, like this:

--

bonus coolbike.gif

Assuming it's wearable for the player character, it might be on this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iuq4Srh_661PdY_17bnrU15UbtCLieO_0ZhQ0uqQ0_Y/edit#gid=0. You'll have to use this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Grem posted:

1. Drone controls stuck on the hud

3. I can't fast forward dialogue anymore.

Thinking about reinstalling but... Is that an option on the ps5 anymore?

if people where downloading p.t. after it got removed - i think you can download again the game you bought - new people cant buy it, but people that have it can still use it normally

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Cyberpunk 2077 - I think you can still download the game you bought

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is that dude breakdancing?

yes lmao

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

--

bonus coolbike.gif

This needs those 8-bit 'deal with it' shades to come down on the bike at the end.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Does any of the Cyberpunk lore indicate whether rogue AIs are always bad or are there some decent ones that can help you out?
From my limited run-ins with ais I’ve found them to be like gods almost. It goes double considering all the Chrome everyone is packing. At the very least you have what amounts to a smartphone with expansion slots built directly into your central nervous system and brain. So I imagine it would be very bad if they found a way to broadcast themselves around the world.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kraftwerk posted:

Does any of the Cyberpunk lore indicate whether rogue AIs are always bad or are there some decent ones that can help you out?
From my limited run-ins with ais I’ve found them to be like gods almost. It goes double considering all the Chrome everyone is packing. At the very least you have what amounts to a smartphone with expansion slots built directly into your central nervous system and brain. So I imagine it would be very bad if they found a way to broadcast themselves around the world.

They're stand ins for gods/demons in the world. So they're always at least dangerous for mortals to encounter. You might come across a Djinn in a magic lamp - it may end up going well for you but you're in a great deal of danger the whole time you're interacting with them.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

This rules. The game is a love letter to so many cyberpunk things and I love it. I’m actually surprised I didn’t see a single laughing man reference. I’m sure I missed it though. Has anyone found one?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Palpek posted:

I remember somebody saying that monowire counts as a blunt weapon. Is that true?

It's blunt yep.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

If I remeber right it's:

Body- fists/blunt, monowire, gorilla arms, lmg, hmg, shotguns
Reflex- rifles, smg, handguns, blades, mantis arms
Tech- grenades, tech/smart weapons
Int- quickhacks
Cool- bonuses to crit and knives?

Still don't know if reflex bonuses apply to smart/tech weapons of the relevant types.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sachant posted:

This rules. The game is a love letter to so many cyberpunk things and I love it. I’m actually surprised I didn’t see a single laughing man reference. I’m sure I missed it though. Has anyone found one?

I am the laughing man :cool:

There's probably something roundabout, but they can't use the exact image due to copyright

Although I'm still a bit surprised they just straight up had GladOS I wonder if they actually paid Valve or what?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

too bad you can't get these - i do like the militech outfit....

Toksai
Dec 3, 2005

Palpek posted:

Can somebody with a strong PC test this?

Apparently it unlocks a higher detail RTX mode already built into the game. I'm curious what the difference is.

Didn't notice much change at night, but during the day in a crowded city area it dropped framerates by 20 and also bugged out all the NPCs to float nude in a semi t-pose while their clothes walked around.

It's actually impressive that you can see the different colors of ray-traced lighting correctly shading each side of those disembodied floating eyeballs.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ughhhh posted:

If I remeber right it's:

Body- fists/blunt, monowire, gorilla arms, lmg, hmg, shotguns
Reflex- rifles, smg, handguns, blades, mantis arms
Tech- grenades, tech/smart weapons
Int- quickhacks
Cool- bonuses to crit and knives?

Still don't know if reflex bonuses apply to smart/tech weapons of the relevant types.

Body increases all melee damage, and athletics has 2 general melee perks. I'm pretty sure reflex bonuses all apply to the relevant smart/tech weapons, engineering just has a few additional ones.

Cool increases monowire damage, and coldblooded has various perks for basically every style of play.

There are a lot of ways to distribute your stats without totally gimping yourself because of the way bonuses and perks are distributed. Even with 4 reflex, and no perks, I have a purple smart SMG that tears through dudes.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
placide's cool as gently caress, i wanna be his choom

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I am both attracted to him and want to kill him.

tacoor gafruf
Sep 23, 2007

JUST SOME SCRUB

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Same, until the Voodoo boys tried to bend me over twice, I just went postal on their arses. :blastu:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
lol the speed at which the controversy around this game died down has given me whiplash

I don't follow AAA games at launch so experiencing it first hand is way different than just knowing about it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Toksai posted:

Didn't notice much change at night, but during the day in a crowded city area it dropped framerates by 20 and also bugged out all the NPCs to float nude in a semi t-pose while their clothes walked around.

It's actually impressive that you can see the different colors of ray-traced lighting correctly shading each side of those disembodied floating eyeballs.

the real cyber punk starts here

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
literally no reason not to kick Placide's rear end since you can spare him anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Body increases all melee damage, and athletics has 2 general melee perks. I'm pretty sure reflex bonuses all apply to the relevant smart/tech weapons, engineering just has a few additional ones.

Cool increases monowire damage, and coldblooded has various perks for basically every style of play.

There are a lot of ways to distribute your stats without totally gimping yourself because of the way bonuses and perks are distributed. Even with 4 reflex, and no perks, I have a purple smart SMG that tears through dudes.

theres a lot of power just floating around in this game. even on very hard i saved up like 10 attribute points for a while and did not even slightly struggle to kill dudes

edit: i dont really understand crafting quickhacks. is it just a way to get crafting xp? it doesnt actually give me anything as far as i can tell, since you can usually just buy them from vendors

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 23, 2020