Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

The 5* sword on the weapon banner is weird; it seems even less suitable for Albedo than the spear version is for Zhongli. Like, they're weapons that primarily benefit from someone being out and using them, but released alongside characters that are mostly support.

tbf Zhongli is a shield/cc support and both he and Albedo leave persistent sources of crystallize so you could have a shielded carry benefitting from weapons like that or Bolide artifact sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how do you get the ruin grader achievement because i knocked it down and shot the eye and it was like "ya so"

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The face the Traveler makes after asking Albedo if he stole Festering Desire from the Treasure Hoarders... :laffo:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
To those wondering about the new domain:

It's not story locked, but it is quest locked. You get it from the lady adventurer at the northern entrance camp. Quite a lengthy quest too, but each puzzle has its own rewards along the way.

God it feels so nice to have content again.

Ytlaya posted:

The 5* sword on the weapon banner is weird; it seems even less suitable for Albedo than the spear version is for Zhongli. Like, they're weapons that primarily benefit from someone being out and using them, but released alongside characters that are mostly support.

After the buff, Zhongli should be more viable to keep out :getin:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they gave xinyan a good idle animation!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Dragonspine is really fun to explore

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, I think people are super sleeping on Albedo. I just did his Test Run and I'm a million times more hype for him now.

He's a beast and seems like a beyond top-tier support and a pretty good DPS as well. His E recharges long before the field itself goes away so it has 100% uptime more or less, and you're pulling so much energy from it that his burst has nearly 100% uptime as well (I was frequently waiting for the cooldown to use it again). He definitely wants someone who can be switching in for another element though to keep the crystallize going though-- anyone with a persistent E should be good (Fischl, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Qiqi, etc). In the Test Run, Xiangling's Pyronado is absolutely bonkers with Albedo's E.

He makes crystallize reactions insanely well so you'll always have a shield up too. You can totally go 4xPetra or 2xPetra 2xNoblesse or 4xNoblesse and all would be great options depending on what role you want to use him for.

I'm excited for this guy. Gonna build him up asap and that's saying something because I've wanted Mona since the start and pulled her in the same 10pull.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 23, 2020

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Getting freeze locked while taking the cold passive damage is really frustrating

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Did they update the HDR settings or something? On ps4, this game is really popping after the patch. Like it's almost a different game.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Theres god rays on the path up the mountain that look incredible. Its crazy that a free game like this has environment and map design of this quality

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno, but on PC I swear my framerate has gone down. Anyone else notice this?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Framboise posted:

I was about to say the opposite, actually.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mae posted:

Theres god rays on the path up the mountain that look incredible. Its crazy that a free game like this has environment and map design of this quality

they're gonna drive themselves out of business, just giving it away!

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
The "Assassin of Kings"... thing that triggers the achievement is fantastic. Dragonspine is good as hell so far, I'll be sad when I've stripmined it of goodies and have to go back to grinding domains.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I only did the initial Albedo questline for now because work is killing me but I like the dude. Also Rosaria's chest is hilarious. There's one scene where it shows her walking from an aerial camera view and they look like massive gag balloons it was great.

She seems cool though for being a hardass for no good reason, I'm confident many people are already whaling for her even though her banner isn't live yet.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

how do you activate the scarlet quartz to melt the special ice? i'm caught in a death loop at the area reveal thingy

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Lol I got C2 Diluc from my pity standard rolls from ascensions. He gets a ton of extra damage if he takes a few hits.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hexel posted:

how do you activate the scarlet quartz to melt the special ice? i'm caught in a death loop at the area reveal thingy

Break the quartz, pick it up with F/whatever your interact button is, attack the ice with a basic attack. You can even do it with bows.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually have a lot of story content I've saved up. I have like 3 character quests to do in addition to all this new stuff.

Getting really close to AR50 now; like 1/3 of the way through AR49. The upgrade to drops will be nice (though I have a feeling that the level 90 Stormterror might be a bit of a pain).

Speaking of Stormterror, finally got another sword prototype thing. Is the new craftable sword any good? I'm planning on using it to refine my Prototype Rancour otherwise.

Framboise posted:

Framerate will randomly be low for me and then go back to normal after restarting the game. Not sure why that happens.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I had something like 30 pulls from ascension orbs and came out of the exchange with C1 Bennett, C1 Kaeya, C32 Barbara, and a Favonius Greatsword.

Didn't have too many pulls on event banner but got C2 Bennet and C1 Sucrose from it so far, both of which are nice. I'm quite far off from a pity but hopefully I can land Alfredo later since I have the 100% pity lined up.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

No Wave posted:

I made 35 standard wishes - 3 Favonious Lances, an Amber, and a Lisa. Beat THAT.

(I actually have a level 90 Favonious Lance so it's not so bad)

I made 34 and got the exact same results, except one of the lances was a Keqing at the last pull.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does Diluc's C2 (extra damage and attack speed upon being hit) work even if he's shielded? On the one hand it stacks to +30% damage(!) but on the other hand getting hit could be lethal, which is -100% damage.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There is an unmarked NPC next to the Adventurer lady that gives you a quest at the entrance of Dragonspine. He gives you a purple Cryo set helmet. Mine had Atk% mainstat, but I don't know if it's random.

Probably not useful for anyone at AR 45+, but a nice starter piece for anyone lower level.

Also noticed that Mona running over water doesn't trigger the extra cold from swimming. Just another reason to keep her on your exploration team.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Just trying out keqing and I can't get her lightning infusion to work.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 13, 2021

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

AParadox posted:

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Just trying out keqing and I can't get her lightning infusion to work.

You need to level her up to unlock the passive.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Vargs posted:

You need to level her up to unlock the passive.

In the end of the video I show that I have it unlocked. Is it not ascension 1? Or I'm getting trolled by the tooltip?

edit2:
And now it just works without me changing anything... oh well

AParadox fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 13, 2021

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Oh wow you can read all the past dialog from story and archon quests in the archive.

Is that new or did I miss that before?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

it was just added. you can press play and the va plays too. anytime is a good time to have zhongli talk to you about kites.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Every moment I spend with Albedo leaves me more and more heartbroken I'm prolly not getting him.

I last rolled Tartaglia in 35 wishes, loving good luck ruining everything.

... Tarts is okay I GUESS.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Framboise posted:

Holy poo poo, I think people are super sleeping on Albedo. I just did his Test Run and I'm a million times more hype for him now.

He's a beast and seems like a beyond top-tier support and a pretty good DPS as well. His E recharges long before the field itself goes away so it has 100% uptime more or less, and you're pulling so much energy from it that his burst has nearly 100% uptime as well (I was frequently waiting for the cooldown to use it again). He definitely wants someone who can be switching in for another element though to keep the crystallize going though-- anyone with a persistent E should be good (Fischl, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Qiqi, etc). In the Test Run, Xiangling's Pyronado is absolutely bonkers with Albedo's E.

He makes crystallize reactions insanely well so you'll always have a shield up too. You can totally go 4xPetra or 2xPetra 2xNoblesse or 4xNoblesse and all would be great options depending on what role you want to use him for.

I'm excited for this guy. Gonna build him up asap and that's saying something because I've wanted Mona since the start and pulled her in the same 10pull.

Be careful when looking at the test run fights for energy-generation info. Apparently he has +60% energy recharge from weapon/artifacts/etc in that test run.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The weapon quest for the spear requires a prototype, so if expect all the new weapons except the event sword do

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just after the conversation about ley lines not moving they move the ley lines in the update. Like the old ones better :(

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
C1 Diluc from my guaranteed pity, crap.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I find it pretty amazing that fire, the strongest element in the game right now, got a zone specifically that makes them even more useful.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

omg paimon teleports you down the mountain if you start skyrimming your way up the back.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There’s a “swap to character and use their burst” keybinding and my life is forever different knowing this.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bussamove posted:

There’s a “swap to character and use their burst” keybinding and my life is forever different knowing this.

:eyepop:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I find it pretty amazing that fire, the strongest element in the game right now, got a zone specifically that makes them even more useful.

Patch 1.4: Geo now counts as pyro. We're sorry, ok? We're sorry!

Only managed to snag 44 red macguffins. I haven't done all the side quests and hopefully can get through a shitload more, since there's a weekly that requires five rounds of the thing you unlock at rank 8. Has anyone figured out the puzzle with all the stand-on tiles and the symbols on the wall? It looks like you can touch one matching set of icons but if you try to touch the other set it breaks the first. That and the amazingly bullshit challenge fight at the bottom of the cave (which will be made better by warming bottle) are the only things that really stuck me so far.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Be careful when looking at the test run fights for energy-generation info. Apparently he has +60% energy recharge from weapon/artifacts/etc in that test run.

Oh, I know. It feels completely unnecessary honestly, since his Q is ready so fast you're waiting for it to cool down for 5-7 seconds.

And even then, building him for ER wouldn't be too much trouble. I don't have a Favonius Sword sadly but I could make do with artifacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I forgot turning in the red things to the tree gave AR and I reached 50. Is there any reason to complete the quest before exploring the mountain more, or should I wait until after just so it is easier to explore and complete timed quests etc.?