Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is there an inventory expansion mod yet?

The small inventory is by far my biggest issue with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

In general, how is Stardew Valley Expanded?

If you want more content, it's good. The writing is typical mod writing, so generally okay with really bad and overly edgy stuff sprinkled in.

Katt posted:

Is there an inventory expansion mod yet?

The small inventory is by far my biggest issue with this game.

There's a few. This is a really cool one I like Item Bags that lets you buy bags to hold stuff in, it's updated but one of it's dependencies only has an unofficial update.

Chests Anywhere is also an updated and really good option that lets you access any of your chests from anywhere.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

KKKLIP ART posted:

In general, how is Stardew Valley Expanded?

Don't.

I posted a longer review a little awhile ago. The short version is that it adds more content but none of it is good. At it's best it just... exists. There aren't a lot of really bad elements, but there are a bunch of frustrating ones. The worst change, and the one that convinced me to stop playing, is that the bus ride out to the desert is at least three times as long as the base game bus ride. Since you have to watch the bus ride sequence every trip to the desert, making it longer got unbearable really quick.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I use CJB Cheats Menu to warp to the desert once I've unlocked the bus. Cheaty, maybe, but I have better things to do with my life than sit and watch the bus crawl along for the 487th time.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The beach farm looks very cute. I think it's time to do that wine & cheese run I've been thinking about. Ocean View Orchard has a nice ring to it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

LLSix posted:

Don't.

I posted a longer review a little awhile ago. The short version is that it adds more content but none of it is good. At it's best it just... exists. There aren't a lot of really bad elements, but there are a bunch of frustrating ones. The worst change, and the one that convinced me to stop playing, is that the bus ride out to the desert is at least three times as long as the base game bus ride. Since you have to watch the bus ride sequence every trip to the desert, making it longer got unbearable really quick.

This was my experience too. It detracts from the whole experience of the game, imo

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Firing this back up after forever while I wait for Cyberpunk to un-gently caress and do some chill farmin'.

I love the idea of a beach farm but no sprinklers sounds not very fun. On the other hand I love the idea of a beach farm.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Solumin posted:

The beach farm looks very cute. I think it's time to do that wine & cheese run I've been thinking about. Ocean View Orchard has a nice ring to it.

Sitting on your outdoor sofa drinking wine eating cheese while your Ducks play in the water at your feet sounds like the absolute life tbh.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

Sitting on your outdoor sofa drinking wine eating cheese while your Ducks play in the water at your feet sounds like the absolute life tbh.

This is a game of course, but running an actual vineyard is very labor intensive and a lot of that work has to done by hand.

Actually come to think of it the grapes in the game are pretty obnoxious until you get Junimo huts.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Bussamove posted:

Firing this back up after forever while I wait for Cyberpunk to un-gently caress and do some chill farmin'.

I love the idea of a beach farm but no sprinklers sounds not very fun. On the other hand I love the idea of a beach farm.

If you play on PC, then good news! There's already a mod for that!

I'll absolutely be using that because no sprinklers doesn't sound fun, but new map with goodies absolutely does. So eff the police.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
it's cool that people can mod sprinklers to work on the beach farm and all, but honestly I'm kinda digging the lack of sprinklers

it's the beach, man, if you're optimizing you're not doing Beach Life right

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Beach farm is really more chill and the lack of sprinklers forces me to actually slow down, relax, and not minmax the gently caress out of my farm as soon as possible.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Bussamove posted:

CA has once again failed to add any genital customization to Stardew Valley

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Beach + Remixed Community Centre + No 1 Year Guarantee for an explicitly no rush run sounds nice to try.

Of course, whether you need to mod the fishing is personal taste.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh, no, I'm horrifically lazy and don't really jive to the whole minmax thing. Sprinklers are just because I feel like I forget half the time to water my drat crops because I'm busy throwing salads at Leah and feeding amethysts to Abigail.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
went fishing in the little pool outside the spa and pulled up a painting.

I... I was just loving around, I didn't know there was anything there to find! Not before the Secret Note at least!!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Anyone have a link to that sprinklers on the beach mod? Googlefu is failing me.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Is it just me, or are NPC schedule's different? It feels like Haley spends less time in the park and I've been having a hard time finding Penny and Abigail too.

Saxophone posted:

LLSix posted:

Wow, that was quick. A mod to add sprinklers to the beach farm is out already.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

^^ drat you!!!!

Saxophone posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7319

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I found it the freaking MOMENT I made that post.

I'm blaming covid brain.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I can't believe you're all are musing about how messed up it is to water plants with saltwater as we're literally pouring it into our pet bowls

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

thanks alot assbag posted:

I can't believe you're all are musing about how messed up it is to water plants with saltwater as we're literally pouring it into our pet bowls

And sprinklers generally hook into some fresh water source rather than using groundwater, why couldn't you use them on a beach?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And sprinklers generally hook into some fresh water source rather than using groundwater, why couldn't you use them on a beach?

The "lore" reason is the sand clogs the sprinklers.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
makes sense, it's coarse and gets everywhere

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
So do I, but I'm still allowed on the beaches.

Most of 'em.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Is there a faster way to collect hardwood than the secret woods? I never needed so much of it before.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

There is now, mahogany trees

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
With Stardew Valley's new split-screen co-op, me and my SO are thinking of playing together. We thought it might be nice to have controllers instead of KB+M for this. I have one old wired 360 controller that I use for Dark Souls/Yakuza etc, but all of her controllers are wireless 360 ones with the adapter cord thing, and the Windows 10 computer doesn't like that. I don't really want to mess around with software utilities to make it work, which means probably buying some new controllers. Also, I guess it would be nice to have them be wireless because it's the future.

The issue here is that I am super out of the loop regarding console poo poo. What controllers work on Windows in multiples (as in, pairing 2 to the same PC) and in your opinion work well with Stardew?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Magnetic North posted:

With Stardew Valley's new split-screen co-op, me and my SO are thinking of playing together. We thought it might be nice to have controllers instead of KB+M for this. I have one old wired 360 controller that I use for Dark Souls/Yakuza etc, but all of her controllers are wireless 360 ones with the adapter cord thing, and the Windows 10 computer doesn't like that. I don't really want to mess around with software utilities to make it work, which means probably buying some new controllers. Also, I guess it would be nice to have them be wireless because it's the future.

The issue here is that I am super out of the loop regarding console poo poo. What controllers work on Windows in multiples (as in, pairing 2 to the same PC) and in your opinion work well with Stardew?

Since it's Windows 10 I would probably go with an xbox peripheral like the Xbox One controller. It was on sale after Thanksgiving but now they're back to being $60. The only thing I'm unsure about is connecting multiple devices. Google tells me that some PCs don't like connecting multiple Xbox One controllers via bluetooth so you might have to get the PC wireless adapter to connect the 2nd controller. The other option is to use a USB connection for one or both.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I still haven't encountered Leo. Where is this person supposed to hang out?.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Rick_Hunter posted:

Since it's Windows 10 I would probably go with an xbox peripheral like the Xbox One controller. It was on sale after Thanksgiving but now they're back to being $60. The only thing I'm unsure about is connecting multiple devices. Google tells me that some PCs don't like connecting multiple Xbox One controllers via bluetooth so you might have to get the PC wireless adapter to connect the 2nd controller. The other option is to use a USB connection for one or both.

So could you use Steam link to have the game up on a TV and computer, then use a USB xbox controller connected to the streaming device and a keyboard/mouse connected to the computer to do split screen? Or with both input devices connected to the computer?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So could you use Steam link to have the game up on a TV and computer, then use a USB xbox controller connected to the streaming device and a keyboard/mouse connected to the computer to do split screen? Or with both input devices connected to the computer?

That's out of my wheelhouse. I haven't PC gamed seriously in almost a decade. The Xbox controller stuff is mostly what I've gathered from friends who play Destiny 2 on PC but still prefer controller.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I still haven't encountered Leo. Where is this person supposed to hang out?.

Youll find out after finishing community center

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If this works, I know they stopped selling steam links last year or the year before I think. :( :gaben: I think you can find them on eBay still.

I regret not picking one up when I had the chance because they essentially force games without controller support to accept one.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Youll find out after finishing community center

Ah thanks. I haven't completed the center yet because I've almost completely neglected my fishing skill.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

frogge posted:

If this works, I know they stopped selling steam links last year or the year before I think. :( :gaben: I think you can find them on eBay still.

I regret not picking one up when I had the chance because they essentially force games without controller support to accept one.

It's still available in the app store for the Nvidia Shield.

I'll just give it a try and report back, thanks Rick.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's still available in the app store for the Nvidia Shield.

I'll just give it a try and report back, thanks Rick.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :shobon:

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Island spoilers the island farmhouse is so cute! and I'm very impressed with the parrots' uhhh woodworking skills

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Thanks so much to whoever posted this gorgeous piano arrangement on the last page, it's chilling me right out. Lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEoaHiVNNS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

frogge posted:

You can make a Steam Link out of a raspberry pi very easily, and then you have a raspberry pi or a steam link whichever you wish.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-a-steam-link