Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my nerd poo poo goes in my computer room except for like whatever 2-3 disc games i have by the consoles themselves. and one ness amiibo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just lol if you sell your games instead of keeping them due to the anxiety you feel over the possibility that you would sell them then suddenly get the urge to play the 2012 version of calladoody again

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Wheeee posted:

PC gaming is cheap as gently caress in comparison if you buy a lot of software

I paid a thousand bucks for a seven hundred dollar video card to play an erotic match-3 on Steam.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sony overnighted the PS5 replacement. Via FedEx. Hope I don't end up with a SCREAMING story of my own

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You, flies buzzing around your head: "Listen here, mack, I'm an adult. I live in a shoebox and can't have clutter. My only possession in the world is a metal dog dish. I have to share it with a possum or else he'll bite me. I named him Hisstopher."

Me, gay and sophisticated: "How charming."

drat thats hot. everyone, post your hot as gently caress media collections, right now!

heres mine:

(all the game shelves are doubled up too)

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lol at how enormous the PS5 looks next to the Wii.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like your RR cup!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Colonel Whitey posted:

I too enjoy owning physical media but I really don’t want to show it off because it looks tacky and I’m trying to find a good media cabinet that fits in my living room that will hide my shame so nobody has to look at it

Wheeee posted:

I appreciate that people are into different things, that pic on this page looks tacky as gently caress and I'd never want that in my home, but some people are into the nerd aesthetic.

*walks into a library*

Ugh, look at all these organized titles. These should be shoved under a bed with my cereal bowls and cum socks. I swear some people have no taste.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I'd be really wary of investing in a digital library with Nintendo. They have a poo poo track record for shutting down their storefronts.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

*walks into a library*

Ugh, look at all these organized titles.

Books are classy. I took the dust jacket off my hardcover of 50 Shades of Grey so it's harder to tell its not The Annotated Alice.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Akuma posted:

I'd be really wary of investing in a digital library with Nintendo. They have a poo poo track record for shutting down their storefronts.

Digital is good. I love putting quarters in the jukebox for eternity instead of buying the album once.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Digital is good. I love putting quarters in the jukebox for eternity instead of buying the album once.

I own a CD of 311's eponymous breakout hit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why are physical buyers such arrogant jerks about it lmao

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Better that than all the other things they could be unwarranted arrogant jerks about. I bet they even think they're good at Dark Souls.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's just that guys whole approach to posting. but yeah no its definitely something intrinsic to the very real class of 'physical buyers'

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Why are digital buyers such arrogant jerks about it lmao

Because they think paying $90,000 a month for a sleeping tube in a sewer in San Francisco makes them special and not gullible rubes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

#notallPB

enjoy stuff however you want, its your hard earnt cash!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

*walks into a library*

Ugh, look at all these organized titles. These should be shoved under a bed with my cereal bowls and cum socks. I swear some people have no taste.

A pile of crappy dvds, vinyl records, and cheeto encrusted nintendo cartridge boxes is exactly like your local community/university library yep yep yep

E: oh no you guys now he's turning it into some weird urban versus rural thing lmao

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 23, 2020

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KingSlime posted:

A pile of crappy dvds, vinyl records, and cheeto encrusted nintendo cartridge boxes is exactly like your local community/university library yep yep yep

Shocked to learn you don't know that cleaning is a thing.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Because they think paying $90,000 a month for a sleeping tube in a sewer in San Francisco makes them special and not gullible rubes.

Do you have a hookup to get one that cheap?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Uh, don't sleep on Immortal Fenyx Rising guys. It's cute and funny and the combat so far is fun.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Casnorf posted:

Do you have a hookup to get one that cheap?

I telecommute from the rural village of Philadelphia, PA so no, but I can get you a good deal on a skunk.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I telecommute from the rural village of Philadelphia, PA so no, but I can get you a good deal on a skunk.

Hey, I'm practically a provincial here in central Baltimore. If I introduce you to Lamar Jackson will you get me a date with Gritty?

(Realtalk: I grew up going to Phillies games at the Vet. Actually met Mickey Morandini right before the unassisted triple play)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

when did this become the boomer thread

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

*walks into a library*

Sorry you had to find out this way that your technicolor display of plastic doesn’t look as refined and distinguished as you thought it did :shrug:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

It's a country-wide plague, friend. Even as a Texas native I've learned that as soon as somebody starts ranting about CA in an unrelated conversation, better to just back always slowly and avoid future engagement

Game chat, been playing Yakuza kiwami and haven't had this majima fellow come harass me yet. I want to level up my dragon stuff and apparently the only way to do so is to fight him over and over again. But I'm pretty sure the last time I saw him the dude got stabbed in a cutscene ? So I guess that's that

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think it's an age thing so much as a personality type who thinks that BluRay series cases and funko pops are decor

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Excuse me I think you'll find my Japanese language video game art books are actually decor because no one who looks at them can read that they're for Super Robot Wars and Xeno games.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Also should I play Yakuza 0 after kiwami or should I play kiwami 2 next and then 0? I hear zero is really good so I'm looking forward to that the most and I'm kind of only playing the kiwami games in preparation

Many people online suggest that I started with zero from the beginning but I already had kiwami and I kind of want to experience it how people originally did in terms of release. They must have done a good job with the prequel set up if people like it this much!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

KingSlime posted:

Also should I play Yakuza 0 after kiwami or should I play kiwami 2 next and then 0? I hear zero is really good so I'm looking forward to that the most and I'm kind of only playing the kiwami games in preparation

Many people online suggest that I started with zero from the beginning but I already had kiwami and I kind of want to experience it how people originally did in terms of release. They must have done a good job with the prequel set up if people like it this much!

Apparently Zero retconned some stuff that they kept consistent in Kiwami, so Zero is the best starting point these days

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Wheeee posted:

Pretty sure I've still got Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete kicking around in a box somewhere, young me bought all them drat jrpgs

Hell yes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

KingSlime posted:

you should be playing yakuza 0 before kiwami, kiwami and i mean that version, is the sequel to yakuza 0. if you wanted to experience it how people originally did in terms of release, they you should have just played the ps2 version before 0. kiwami adds a bunch of stuff meant for after yakuza 0 playthrough.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Little sad I don’t have space in my current apartment to display all my physical videogames and take pictures for strangers on the internet but I promise you they’re there!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

you should be playing yakuza 0 before kiwami, kiwami and i mean that version, is the sequel to yakuza 0. if you wanted to experience it how people originally did in terms of release, they you should have just played the ps2 version before 0. kiwami adds a bunch of stuff meant for after yakuza 0 playthrough.

Oh bummer I think I'm already halfway through kiwami. Hopefully it's not a big deal in the end but yeah sounds like I should play zero next

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aaaaah! Thank you!

e: it is still broken on Safari. :negative:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

PS5 got no gamesssssssssss

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i'm human garbage that appropriately enough lives in a pile of trash. no fancy criterion collection here.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Hey guys, you should play Yakuza Like a Dragon on the playstation 5.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I held onto boxes full of all my old games and systems for many years, tons of PS1 and PS2 stuff especially, due to that anxiety of not wanting to let go of things. A handful of years ago while moving I got rid of most of my games and consoles after realizing that I hadn't ever actually pulled any of them out to play, likely never would, and that if I ever actually did want to play one of those old hard to find copies I'd be far more likely to just download an iso and emulate it on a PC than dig out the old Playstation. Today I don't regret that at all and all my Switch games are digital despite Nintendo's store being dogshit and their terrible historical track record with digital services.

Some people simply choose to remain owned by their cheap plastic possessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What kind of weirdo degenerate collects funko pops?