Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://youtu.be/i1dA9iwzmvs

Auruan is playing Lobotomy Corp in English and learning words with the aid of chat. It’s adorable :allears:.

EDIT: Using this game to learn English is a bit of a trial by fire due to the purple prose that tends to be used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Brunom1 posted:

Hidden behind the Haachama façade, there's still a kind Akai Haato senpai!

one of my fav (i think it was)coco stories is when she started out she was given haato as an example of the kind of idol she should strive to be

and then haachama happened

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

https://youtu.be/i1dA9iwzmvs

Auruan is playing Lobotomy Corp in English and learning words with the aid of chat. It’s adorable :allears:.

EDIT: Using this game to learn English is a bit of a trial by fire due to the purple prose that tends to be used.

tbf not understanding anything is the authentic English Lobotomy Corporation experience anyway

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Yinlock posted:

tbf not understanding anything is the authentic English Lobotomy Corporation experience anyway

The old translation was so bad anyway

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

golden bubble posted:

that's why i specified english :v:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

golden bubble posted:

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSlE_EODjbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQK1ywHTTo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPPn3RfmzI

Nene and Polka are giving Ina a tour of the Holoserver while fighting over which of them will be her Christmas date shortly.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I can't wait to see what Ina gets inspired to build after this trip.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY--ovmYfGE

everyone knows the nene/ina background but here's polka/ina: she likes chilling out to ina's drawing streams

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

as is tradition we start off with technical difficulties: polka is frozen is time rip

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Yinlock posted:

one of my fav (i think it was)coco stories is when she started out she was given haato as an example of the kind of idol she should strive to be

and then haachama happened
That was Marine. Rather hilariously, Haachama's response to having been used as an example of a "perfect idol" is just "well, that just shows they had terrible judgement"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFXnBPxfjg

Though, Coco really did join Hololive because of Akai Haato-era Haachama. She was the first member Coco discovered and she was inspired by how she worked to overcome the English language barrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJcm4eXZcg

Incidentally, on the topic of the Akai Haato era, I kind of feel this video is something like required viewing for "what the gently caress is Haachama's deal anyways". She just kind dropped character and talked about her life for twenty whole minutes. She was actually having a pretty rough time behind the scenes with her first two years with Hololive with a wildly dysfunctional living situation and highschool bullies. This was kind of reflected in how she mentioned her teachers encouraging her to drop her part time job (unbeknownst to them to be streaming) because she was failing school. Despite everything, 2020, pandemic-era Haachama reflects her having her poo poo together and finding her channel as more of a creative outlet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHtXI2PSvoQ

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Falls Down Stairs posted:

That was Marine. Rather hilariously, Haachama's response to having been used as an example of a "perfect idol" is just "well, that just shows they had terrible judgement"

Though, Coco really did join Hololive because of Akai Haato-era Haachama. She was the first member Coco discovered and she was inspired by how she worked to overcome the English language barrier

Incidentally, on the topic of the Akai Haato era, I kind of feel this video is something like required viewing for "what the gently caress is Haachama's deal anyways". She just kind dropped character and talked about her life for twenty whole minutes. She was actually having a pretty rough time behind the scenes with her first two years with Hololive with a wildly dysfunctional living situation and highschool bullies. This was kind of reflected in how she mentioned her teachers encouraging her to drop her part time job (unbeknownst to them to be streaming) because she was failing school. Despite everything, 2020, pandemic-era Haachama reflects her having her poo poo together and finding her channel as more of a creative outlet

ah, thank you

and yeah I figured Haachama was mostly her channeling her frustration at being locked out of her country into pure lunatic vtubing

also the fact that she was able to pull it off without coming off as truly obnoxious/unstable shows that she really does have her poo poo together for the most part

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
nene: polka take a picture of me and Ina
Polka: Ok

*polka goes third person and takes 1 million selfies of herself*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jerkface posted:

nene: polka take a picture of me and Ina
Polka: Ok

*polka goes third person and takes 1 million selfies of herself*

polka fangirling over ina non-stop is amazing

I underestimated just how big a fan she was

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Yinlock posted:

polka fangirling over ina non-stop is amazing

I underestimated just how big a fan she was

Nene: "Which do you want to date?"
Ina: I have 2 hands, nene you will hold my left, polka you will hold my right
Polka: HOLY gently caress WHAT A CHAD AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is an incredible collab already just for Nene & Polka fighting over Ina, also my japanese is just good enough to catch whats going on

Edit: nene collecting Ina's bathwater lolll

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 24, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I love how this collab is just Nene and Polka being absolutely in love with Ina while she just smoothly goes for the harem route. It’s peak comedy.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

I love how this collab is just Nene and Polka being absolutely in love with Ina while she just smoothly goes for the harem route. It’s peak comedy.

ina quietly laughing as polka and nene lose their loving minds is amazing

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Nene: lets do a japanese greeting
Ina: Ok
Polka: Here
*throws Ina a sword*
Ina: Ok... *dons Sword*
*polka and nene bow their head to Ina's sword*
Nene/Polka: Do it.

Edit: Theres a very strong "step on me, ina" vibe running through this collab

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 24, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

This was advertised as a tour but it’s been 40 minutes and they have only been to the 5th gen house and have pretty much spent the entire time flirting with each other and roleplaying.

This is peak content.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

40 minutes in and they haven't even seen Botan's area lol, it's been nothing but hanging out (which is pretty cool)

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

"japanese greeting" has meme potential

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Justus posted:

"japanese greeting" has meme potential

Especially Nene and Polka's reaction to receiving their "Japanese greetings". This is going to be a legendary stream. :allears:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

We all memed about Ina being the Holo EN forever third wheel when in reality she was the harem protagonist. Sasuga Ina!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

jimmydalad posted:

We all memed about Ina being the Holo EN forever third wheel when in reality she was the harem protagonist. Sasuga Ina!

https://twitter.com/harutimu_415/status/1340378745576644609

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
It's weird hearing Ina speak this much Japanese

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

When Ina just followed a random cat while in Pekora’s “Sorrow” dungeon that managed to lead them to the end of it. This stream is just magic :allears:.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1341894444275040256?s=19

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Ina seems more or less fluent in Japanese, I'm surprised she hasn't been collabing with HoloJP more, considering.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Polka is asking Ina to do more singing streams because she wants to hear Ina sing more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aww that sucks.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
/\/\/\
Pretty sure this is the one she has been working on for months that had some issue with a third party, what could tank it at the last second??? EN is cursed when it comes to permissions

Talorat posted:

Ina seems more or less fluent in Japanese, I'm surprised she hasn't been collabing with HoloJP more, considering.

She mentioned that she has lots of plans for JP collabs but her job has her working during JP prime time so its hard to get partners to line up during her normal stream time. She seems really good as far as being able to express herself well enough, but probably still has to concentrate hard on listening, given how she is reacting in the collab.

I hope she gets to do more JP collabs!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So the end of Haachama’s death coaster will now forever be dubbed as “Fire poo poo” thanks to Polka.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

She's almost certainly hinting that it will be available on her old channel. Which makes me think it was a collab with someone that won't agree to sign the Hololive NDA.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Well, darn.

SpartanIvy posted:

She's almost certainly hinting that it will be available on her old channel. Which makes me think it was a collab with someone that won't agree to sign the Hololive NDA.

I believe what she means by "a second song on another channel" is likely that "secret" duet she was doing with Kiara.

The phrasing makes it a bit ambiguous, but I think this is what she's getting at. We won't get the first song, but we'll get the duet, that'll be on Kiara's channel.

I don't imagine she'd be allowed to hint at there being an 'old channel'... though her first single had a pretty big hint, so I dunno

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 24, 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lamy has arrived with snacks

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I bet Lamy brings the good snacks.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Brunom1 posted:

Well, darn. I believe what she means by "a second song on another channel" is likely that "secret" duet she was doing with Kiara.

The phrasing makes it a bit ambiguous, but I think this is what she's getting at. We won't get the first song, but we'll get the duet, that'll be on Kiara's channel.

Yeah actually you're probably reading that right. I was reading it as youll get the original song on another channel, not the replacement song.

Which I'm kind of sad about because I want more Mori music! :argh:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kwyndig posted:

I bet Lamy brings the good snacks.

mama feeding the kids on their playdate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
mori had like 5 collab irons in the fire + her 1 cover a month plan + her duet cover with Kiara

it could be a song releasing with one of the rapper indies or a senpai or the Kiara song