Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Honestly I think I'd just prefer a big immersive sim to an rpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Anybody know what that song is in the end game when you're talking to Alt and Johnny in Mikoshi?

The music in this game is so good, especially in the ending sequence but that song and Johnny's Rebel Path in cello was amazing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lurker2006 posted:

Honestly I think I'd just prefer a big immersive sim to an rpg.

Yup. Love the game but the RPG elements do nothing but drag it down imo. And by that I don’t mean stuff like customization, owning things, skill trees etc. Mostly just think the game would be better without loot or level based enemies at all.

I’d love if they’d eventually released some sort of alternate mode that just yanked that poo poo out.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

When do you know that skippy changed the settings on you? How many kills do you need?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

MarshyMcFly posted:

When do you know that skippy changed the settings on you? How many kills do you need?

You need 50 and Skippy will open a dialogue prompt with you. Mine was bugged so he didn't pop until I loaded a save game though.

Also it seems that Skippy will give you 3 options, I think 2 keep them the same and one changes it (at least when I had him in pacifist mode), stone cold killer will force you into pacifist mode though.

WarpedLichen fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 24, 2020

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

McKilligan posted:

I'd like it to be more loot based. The thugs, and V, are carrying the exact same gear whether they're lvl 1 or 50. The thug has a copperhead, V has a Lexington, but whether or not one can kill the other with a single bullet depends on stupid, arbitrary numerical bullshit.

It's a loving gun, it should always be dangerous, but maybe after 50 hours V is wearing cutting edge ballistic defensive gear instead of being bestowed with numerical immortality.

As long as that ballistic gear looks like the grandma dress I like to wear, sure. If I have to look like I'm from MaxTac, then gently caress no.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

No Mods No Masters posted:

(DLC talk) I feel like the elephant in the room for a lot of DLC ideas is keanu. I'm not sure if it could possibly make sense to have him back on 'DLC budget' much less if he would be available much less if he would be willing after all the drama. I want to say endings would be an interesting way to go but at the same time I think I've had enough dying from the relic shenanigans for a lifetime with the existing ones.

I'm curious what they plan to do with the skill tree. There's already way more stuff in it than you can get in a playthrough, yet we could get 3 more branches judging from the UI design. There's the 'glitched' branch at the bottom of the tree, and empty branches to the right and left. All 8 branches are lit up in the little icon you see when you gain a level.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Panam’s voice artist has been great

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Donnerberg posted:

I'm curious what they plan to do with the skill tree. There's already way more stuff in it than you can get in a playthrough, yet we could get 3 more branches judging from the UI design. There's the 'glitched' branch at the bottom of the tree, and empty branches to the right and left. All 8 branches are lit up in the little icon you see when you gain a level.

Missing stats from cyberpunk red are: Dexterity, Willpower, Luck, Move, and Empathy--all of which have had their concepts included within the other trees (except for Empathy, I guess). A more traditional netrunner tree?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If CDPR planned story DLC I assume it would be written in Keanu's contract. It would be absolutely wild if they didn't, tbh. He would have to show up for anything substantial unless the DLC takes place in Act 1 (which... why) or has some plainly bullshit handwave for why he's suddenly gone.

They could always pull a Mooncrash and just replace him with someone who doesn't really sound like Keanu at all. Maybe David Hayter? We've already got an overlong bad joke in the Delamain quest, why not go farther

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Basic Chunnel posted:

If CDPR planned story DLC I assume it would be written in Keanu's contract. It would be absolutely wild if they didn't, tbh. He would have to show up for anything substantial unless the DLC takes place in Act 1 (which... why) or has some plainly bullshit handwave for why he's suddenly gone.

They could always pull a Mooncrash and just replace him with someone who doesn't really sound like Keanu at all. Maybe David Hayter? We've already got an overlong bad joke in the Delamain quest, why not go farther

I mean... except for the rumored late changes to the story I would assume that all the DLC VA is already done at the point a game like this releases.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If they ever do DLC or Updates or whatever that add more ending options, I've got a feeling this would be one of them. I'm honestly kind of wondering what they could do for story DLC, I think more endings might be the way to go for them.

i'm honestly surprised that they didn't figure out a way to make more interesting ending options work. even if you go through and do all the existing choices, it still feels like a lot is just left out. like they had all the pieces there, but just couldn't do it.

take for example the "work with corpo" route. putting romance stuff aside, it would seem logical to have a number of end paths here, ranging from working with yorinobu, working with hanako (the one they included), betraying / killing everyone, or maybe even working with another megacorp instead (probably too complicated since it would mean fleshing out a ton of other side quests / missions as well). depending on which you choose, and how you get there, the ending varies from a montage showing the changes yorinobu makes as he takes over, a montage of the fallout showing the heads of arasaki dead, with various factions all fighting to scoop up the pieces, or perhaps them turning you into a full cyborg (a la adam smasher style) to serve them again as a reward for your services (since by now you've become a literal god at killing people).

cdpr give you some interesting choices to make, but most don't have any real impact on the final outcome. so it just feels like an illusion of choice instead. whether you saved xyz person, or resolved abc problem doesn't really factor in and there's no way that the existing system is set up mass effect style where the choices you made earlier somehow have butterfly effects going forward.

maybe you're right. maybe they will patch in more endings, but unless they fix a lot of poo poo, as of right now it doesn't really feel like it warrants the hassle of doing another whole playthrough.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

He would have to show up for anything substantial unless the DLC takes place in Act 1 (which... why)

Galaxy brain: replace the hated montage

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Galaxy brain: replace the hated montage

I didn't mind it but I also wouldn't mind more time with Jackie.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Basic Chunnel posted:

i might be in the minority here, but i'm good with them not using him or johnny going forward. with the existing ending choices, they wrapped it up pretty cleanly.

he takes over your body. end of the story.
you keep your body, and he fucks off to la la cyber land. great, end of story.
you decide to end it, in which case you're both gone. end of story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uh, is it just me or did the visuals on Ps5 take a huge hit after this update that just came out?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

fairly obvious option for DLCs would be standalone small letter h heists set midway through V’s journey in NC or even as another character. I can’t see them doing story heavy stuff like more Silverhand stuff or post-ending V.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holeee poo poo DO NOT install this new update on PS5 they made it look like straight rear end :wtf: like it looks 10 times worse all of sudden everywhere outdoors.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

itry posted:

Takemura talks about Yōkai, but I'm pretty sure the city cats are just cats.

That's what the cat wants you to believe.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
There's also the fact that they can just chill at the bottom of a canal next to a sunken car but maybe cats have evolved a bit since 2020

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Each type of weapon didn't need its own separate perk branch. Also, a lot of the assault perks require you to be in cover, but there is no way to know what the game considers being in cover.

If the character moves automatically when you aim, you are in cover.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
You know I really wish I could turn off the radio dj, I don't really need to know how clear the skies are every 15 minutes, and you can't even tune to a different station because the same dj interrupt is on all the stations at the same time, it doesn't even wait until the song is over, perhaps on-brand for a dystopia.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
There's so much stuff in the game that feels was cut with a heavy hand RE: story stuff

I would have liked to see Adam Smasher be fleshed (heh) out more. He basically appears twice (or three times if you count the past) in the game which seems really odd when he's the final boss for most endings. I guess he has that secret hidey hole but lol if you find that organically

On an unrelated note:
I wish I could sit down with Judy/River and watch TV or whatever.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Good DLC:

1) V finds a way to fix his brain

2) V does a massive heist that can actually loving go right for once

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Know what would actually be a good online mode for this game. Cyberpunk payday

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Oh a shadowrun game

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Twibbit posted:

Know what would actually be a good online mode for this game. Cyberpunk payday

lol I thought of Payday too but mostly because that game has it share of really stupid jank as well. It would be cool though.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
just lol that the gay male romance option is locked behind having jhonny do straight poo poo with v's body and rogue's romance quests. and also that he's the character thats the most removed from the main story of the four love interests, appearing only in act 3, too. no wonder people dont even talk about him when talking about the romances, he's hidden away behind a ton of poo poo.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
This game is giving me a strong impulse to start a Vinyl collection.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

ghouldaddy07 posted:

This game is giving me a strong impulse to start a Vinyl collection.

that's funny, I was about to say the same thing about buying some leather jackets and maybe a pair of aviators

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I like the idea of a mod that just strips most of the vertical progression out of the game and leaves a few neat perks that actually changes things instead of a ton of filler.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I’m almost done the game and it feels like there’s shitloads of secrets and unexplored territory in it. I just found out that in a quest involving Takemura I could have saved his life

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Veks posted:

just lol that the gay male romance option is locked behind having jhonny do straight poo poo with v's body and rogue's romance quests. and also that he's the character thats the most removed from the main story of the four love interests, appearing only in act 3, too. no wonder people dont even talk about him when talking about the romances, he's hidden away behind a ton of poo poo.

lmao holy poo poo, just absolutely tone deaf

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:siren: 1.06 has royally hosed this game up on PS5 :siren:

So I don't just look like a crazy person here's some examples from about an hour of just riding around the city. Obviously I can only speak for myself but the game looked fine outside of the reasonable distant low res textures until the second I installed this update. And I wasn't cherry picking here it's like this everywhere as far as I can tell. I have also restarted the game multiple times and it seems consistent.

The lighting shadows are all hosed up now. Fuzzy low res Shadows are just popping on and of like a strobe light in areas. Evrything also looks more washed out all of a sudden

The textures are all hosed up now. low res textures that should only be loading in the distance are now not updating at all or popping in and out.

frame drops/hitching galore now. Up until this patch the only time I noticed any hitching was entering a new area. It now happens frequently. The game seems to hitch for a fraction of a second multiple times per minute now.

I am now getting wild, random stick drift.

Have some screens of what this game looks like for me all of a sudden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmcmfKa4kI

it's also hard to convey how much worse this looks on a 60 inch screen than in screenshots. I can tell you the game did not look like this for me an hour ago.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 24, 2020

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Last King posted:

i might be in the minority here, but i'm good with them not using him or johnny going forward. with the existing ending choices, they wrapped it up pretty cleanly.

he takes over your body. end of the story.
you keep your body, and he fucks off to la la cyber land. great, end of story.
you decide to end it, in which case you're both gone. end of story.

I disagree with your assessment

He takes over V's body, V still exists in Cyber land and Johnny's interest is now twofold. gently caress Arasaka up and Get V her life back if possible.
V keeps their body, most endings apart from suicide have implied search for a way to live, this being CDPR I can only assume a new body of some form. Johnny still exists in Cyber land and without the 54 year difference may not be as AI as Alt yet. Could also be searching for a way to live alongside V.
Suicide is suicide, aint no coming back from the dead though I still think we haven't seen the last of Saboru.

Basically if the next story segment is finding a way for V to potentially live, and all choices have substance, then Johnny has to at least be there for the one where he takes over.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Ravenfood posted:

I like the idea of a mod that just strips most of the vertical progression out of the game and leaves a few neat perks that actually changes things instead of a ton of filler.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the modding community does to this game, because I get the feeling this is a pretty common sentiment.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Veks posted:

Who is it? I'm about clear my first playthrough and want to go this route on run 2. Is it Kerry? Because if so, yes this character is definitely not obvious. And I also ask because there doesn't seem to be an obvious "This is where the romance would've been if that was on the cards" scene.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

WirelessPillow posted:

He takes over V's body, V still exists in Cyber land and Johnny's interest is now twofold. gently caress Arasaka up and Get V her life back if possible.

Johnny pretty much says goodbye to V by putting the necklace in in the Columbarium. I think that closes V's story as far as Johnny is concerned. I don't see Johnny embarking on a quest to bring V back.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's already a lot of missions in the game where Johnny Silverhand isn't involved, if they couldn't get Keanu for whatever reason then it still wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate a largeish DLC that minimized his role. But they'll probably get him back, Keanu's a big star but he's not like super mega untouchable or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
HEY V ITS ME JOHNNY SILVERHAND AND GUESS WHAT THOSE drat VOODOO BOYS STOLE MY VOICE DATA FROM THE ENGRAM SO NOW I HAVE TO USE A VOCODER SORRY HAHA BRRR