Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bit late in the game to reference dramatic chipmunk.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

davidbix posted:

It's funnier when you realize that Sam Shaw has a signature style when he's not doing basic caricature work (wasn't he a theme park caricature artist in Orlando while in TNA?), which suggests Triple H or whoever specifically wanted him to be a dark serial killer dude/tortured artist whose art is...boardwalk caricature art.

(Shaw is a talented artist, it's just that the gimmick is beyond bizarre.)

There is also the option that HHH thinks that caricatures are higher/darker/edgier art than, say, the Mona Lisa. That is why his tortured soul of an unblinking wrestler does them.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

lmao whaaaa... how is this a real thing.. I'm rolling

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DuhSal posted:

lmao whaaaa... how is this a real thing.. I'm rolling

Artless, Unpoetic, Gratuitous

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I don't think there's any crime NXT could commit that'd bigger than making me like Dexter Lumis.

And they're getting dangerously close :ohdear:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/przmxy

No way :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nvm I guess not

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i dont think DDT will ever do anything as over the top or insane as dexter lumis.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just grinning like an idiot watching Dexter Lumis at work. The mind reels.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can you IMAGINE Lumis on the main roster

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Seth Rollins feud writes itself.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

dexter lumis would get over on the main roster by drawing extremely detailed dick & balls and making vince laugh.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The gimmick is so stupid I wrap back around to loving it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

dexter lumis would get over on the main roster by drawing extremely detailed dick & balls and making vince laugh.

At least someone on the main roster would be drawing

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

The gimmick is so stupid I wrap back around to loving it.

I like that the gimmick is pretty much him just being a weirdo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dorkster Loosermus

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Given they take people we assume are can't miss and miss with them so far they land in a dumpster and set on fire while crying in a fedora or something I'm just assuming he wins all the belts and has a goldbergesque undefeated streak cuz none of this makes sense.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

every time people have posted pictures of this guy with his drawings my brain cannot process it and can only see it as a dumb photoshop

seeing it in motion is deeply offputting

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I know Johnny has been always badded but I honestly enjoyed the clips I watched of this segment, not enough to watch NXT though. There's something so funny to me about the Garganos adopting two grown rear end adults. Although with Theory there it'll probably turn into a weird sex cult or something.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
How often does NXT end with an overrun? I find it funny that WWE would be even THAT petty to schedule an overrun to Cole/Dream just to mess with even a late starting Dynamite.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CobiWann posted:

How often does NXT end with an overrun? I find it funny that WWE would be even THAT petty to schedule an overrun to Cole/Dream just to mess with even a late starting Dynamite.

They've been doing overruns pretty regularly.

The Gargano stuff was really good. "We support Indi Wrestling."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CobiWann posted:

As far as I am aware they’ve had an overrun their entire time on USA. It gets muddled because nobody really posts about it when it happens but it seems common enough. Also the Dynamite starting time was almost pushed back an half hour or more (thank you Jayson Tatum and, of course, my good friend Giannis’ missed free throw) so calling it a petty move only makes sense if Hunter was desperately trying to push his match to go longer and longer to get past the NBA game.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Gargano stuff was awful

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I thought it was funny when they took his cookies.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'll always appreciate a Jingle All The Way reference.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

:thurman:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Results 23/12:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch (C) defeated Killian Dain & Drake Maverick in a Street Fight to retain the NXT Tag Titles. Lorcan pinned Maverick.
  • New faction "The Way" celebrated "A Very Johnny Gargano Christmas" at the Gargano household.
  • There was a video package about the Kyle O'Reilly and Finn Balor match coming up at New Year's Evil.
  • Malcolm Bivens did a promo hyping up Tyler Rust.
  • Isaiah "Swerve" Scott defeated Jake Atlas in a singles match. This time Jake Atlas refused to shake hands post-match.
  • Accused minor groomer Velveteen Dream returned backstage to talk poo poo to Adam Cole, who slapped him in the face.
  • Timothy Thatcher cut a promo on Tommaso Ciampa and dared him to prevent him beating up Leon Ruff in a match later tonight.
  • Rhea Ripley defeated Dakota Kai in a singles match, then brawled with Raquel Gonzalez post-match.
  • Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae told Indi Hartwell she was part of the family and dubbed her "Indi Wrestling" before assuring her,"We support Indi Wrestling."
  • Bronson Reed defeated Ashante "Thee" Adonis in a quick match.
  • Mercedes Martinez returned to NXT and jumped Io Shirai from behind.
  • Johnny Gargano gave Candice a broken wheel from Shotzi Blackheart's tank for Christmas, then The Way got together to take a happy photo together.
  • Leon Ruff scored a shock victory over Timothy Thatcher in a singles match. Tommaso Ciampa saved Ruff from a beatdown postmatch, knocked out Thatcher and then gave him a soft little kiss on the head after challenging him to a match in "the Fight Pit".
  • Damian Priest cut a promo on Karrion Kross. Later Karrion Kross did the same to Damian Priest.
  • Dexter Lumis drew a picture of Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez having a match at New Year's Evil.
  • Tyler Rust defeated Ariya Daivari in a singles match.
  • Leon Ruff gets a rematch for the North American title next week.
  • Adam Cole defeated Velveteen Dream in a singles match in the main event. Pete Dunne faces Roderick Strong in a match next week.
  • Show Discussion here.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I would like to make an ask, in these holiday times. The results are appreciated as someone who likes to follow along with the company despite not watching it, but would it be possible to put a stop to the "Literal Rapist" and like "Minor Groomer" stuff in them? I understand the reasoning, of course, but it is really unfortunate to have to see it a lot. It's bad enough knowing they are still finding wealth and success. We are all aware of the actions these people have made, and I don't believe it does us as readers or you as the results aggregator any good to write and read it week in and week out. It is just a humble suggestion from your favorite poster. Merry Christmas to all.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
maybe it would be better if you affix everyone's crimes ahead of their names. like Wife Beating Steve Austin, or Sexual Assault Mode Randy Orton, and the most heinous of criminals, Small Penis Owner Seth Rollins. otherwise it seems like you're endorsing wife beating and all those other things.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It really is exhausting how it needs to come up every time a person’s name is written. I say this as someone who is a victim of both rape and grooming.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I had the perfect opportunity to check out NXT without missing AEW and I chose to watch The Nice Guys for the umpteenth time. I think I made the right call.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Antivax Nia Jax
Blackface Ryker
Werewolf But Blackface Lacey Evans
Deadbeat Father Fiend
Officer Daniel Bryan

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I dont like the rapist titles either

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it sucks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Necrophiliac HHH

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I can't really make an argument for who it helps to have that in the recap each week so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's the worst possible result of the culture this subforum has of needing to dredge up every single crime a given wrestler has committed every time their name is mentioned. People aren't suddenly going to forget that The Velvet Dream is an accused pedophile just because we go a day without hammering it over and over.