Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

angerbeet posted:

The recent trend for tuna to be "no drain" and come with a ringpull is the worst. Somehow the no-drain tuna is wetter than the kind you have to drain, even though I drain it anyway? I hate it.

Tuna in water is garbage, tuna in oil is where it's at, then mixed with a lot of mayo and some tomato paste to make a spread, goes great with cherry tomatoes and olives :yum:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Simply Simon posted:

Tuna in water is garbage, tuna in oil is where it's at, then mixed with a lot of mayo and some tomato paste to make a spread, goes great with cherry tomatoes and olives :yum:

:hmmyes:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Chicken feet are rough if you're squeamish, and honestly they're all bones, skin, and connective tissue, but they make great soup stock.

I prefer that to trying to eat them.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Just wanted to toss out this picture of a big daikon that the place I work at grew a few years back. Sorry about the phone stuff in the image, I think my coworker must have screenshotted their phone to send it to me for some reason.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Fools Infinite posted:

Someone on youtube tried and recreated it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNEJUB_U6c0

fyi to the thread this is a comedy video but the channel is good if you want to learn about cooking real Chinese foods.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Embrace your inner goon and eat a whole can

the self loathing isn't worth it, frankly

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also good for Spam, there's a tiki bar I go to a lot nearby that has soba bowls. Top hot soba noodles with chopped fried Spam, a bunch of cooked vegetables, soy sauce, and whatever seasonings.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

crosspost from Texas thread, my rep's mournful "brisket"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1342272236099661824

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hawowanlawow posted:

looks like loving ketchup on top.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

God if I could afford that cut of meat right now I'd baby it so bad, gently caress this waste

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

looks like loving ketchup on top.

Naw that looks like just straight tomato paste.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hawowanlawow posted:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh - actual sound that just came out of my mouth

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1342316809274470400?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Girl you made 2020 into a dip”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hello my fellow humans, on this hallowed day i consumed meat fibers with "sauce" as is the traditional ritual of your kind.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

hello my fellow humans, on this hallowed day i consumed meat fibers with "sauce" as is the traditional ritual of your kind.

weird flex for a robot

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
posting this mostly just because I've never seen an egg roll covered in gravy before

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

have a sip

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

TheAardvark posted:

posting this mostly just because I've never seen an egg roll covered in gravy before

that looks like sweet chili sauce.

i miss buffets.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

killer crane posted:

that looks like sweet chili sauce.

i miss buffets.

:thunkin: you may be right. This wasn't from a buffet though (it was from a "Family Restaurant" in the Ozarks)

The same place also had this, which I believe to be a burrito.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Part of the "Black Sarcophagus Fluid, Or A Party Dish?" quiz series

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

have a sip

Chili-Brulee

you have to crack the crust with a spoon then sip.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

TheAardvark posted:

:thunkin: you may be right. This wasn't from a buffet though (it was from a "Family Restaurant" in the Ozarks)

The same place also had this, which I believe to be a burrito.

That’s a buffet

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Fine it's a buffet :colbert:

please, accept this as reparation

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

She made the red liquid from the cursed dark sarcophagus

why is it cracking at the edges?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

hawowanlawow posted:

Sweets for the sweet, jerky for the jerks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Can loose corn be contained?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

Can loose corn be contained?

no. :unsmigghh:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Whooping Crabs posted:

why is it cracking at the edges?

Because it is broken.

My favorite part of that stuff is in the rightmost corner where you can see there's a strata of translucent fluid on which continents of hardened fat crust have formed and are sliding slowly around.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

seems contained in the rails to me :smuggo:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I don't have pictures but today we had a roast. I wasn't cooking, I made desserts.

The potatoes weren't quite done yet so the whole roast went back in to make sure they were soft. The roast got pulled once the potatoes were done. At this point, I realized what had happened, as my family bubble temped the roast.

190⁰.

:(

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

thecluckmeme posted:

I don't have pictures but today we had a roast. I wasn't cooking, I made desserts.

The potatoes weren't quite done yet so the whole roast went back in to make sure they were soft. The roast got pulled once the potatoes were done. At this point, I realized what had happened, as my family bubble temped the roast.

190⁰.

For how long are you sentenced to Meat Jail for Assault and Roastery?

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

thecluckmeme posted:

190⁰.

*checks beef done-ness chart* :crossarms: I believe that qualifies as jerky.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

For how long are you sentenced to Meat Jail for Assault and Roastery?

Zero years. My dad was in charge of the roast, and he chose to put the whole roast back in while the potatoes cooked.

I just got to stare in a sad, drunk, oblivious status while they poked the leather tire for temp

The Girl Scout Cookie Samoa Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars were loving awesome though. I'm just glad we had leftover ham slices

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That's why I'll take pot roast over rib roast any day, just chuck it in submerged in liquid until it's been 212⁰ for a like 3 hours, then pull that fork tender beef apart.

My mom cut me the nastiest "slice" of 90% beef fat off the roast for Christmas this year, the 10% of beef was pretty good though, and I was stuffed after that and the sweet potatoes and the twice-baked potatoes, and there crackers and brie before hand anyways, so it all worked out, the huge lump of fat and gristle was pretty AFP though.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

theironjef posted:

Because it is broken.

My favorite part of that stuff is in the rightmost corner where you can see there's a strata of translucent fluid on which continents of hardened fat crust have formed and are sliding slowly around.

You just swirl that all up with a slotted spoon at the end, s'all fine. Hide your shame beneath a pillowy cloud of sour cream. Maybe a shroud of iceburg lettuce to shield partygoers.

Do it right and no one will ever know the gastronomical war crimes you committed.

(Mrs. WITCHCRAFT's bean dip is 2 cans black beans, 1 large loaf velveeta, 2 tiny cans tomato/pepper chunks, one diced onion, seasoning, and it is impossible for it to break under our current understanding of physics)

WITCHCRAFT has a new favorite as of 07:59 on Dec 26, 2020

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Chicken paws are great. Ain't nothing else gonna give you the feeling of "gently caress yeah, I'm eating a dinosaur right now!"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Looks like an ok, but blandly inoffensive snack, but you'd have to lean hard into NO PIZZA RULES to make it anything else but flatbread with cream cheese and chopped vegetables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

axolotl farmer posted:

Looks like an ok, but blandly inoffensive snack, but you'd have to lean hard into NO PIZZA RULES to make it anything else but flatbread with cream cheese and chopped vegetables.

That's ranch

probably fat free ranch