Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Park vs Dark Order 9 13.85%
Top Flight vs Inner Circle 12 18.46%
Dustin Rhodes vs Evil Uno 4 6.15%
The Young Bucks vs The Acclaimed 13 20.00%
Shida Got Bit! 11 16.92%
Pac vs. The Butcher 16 24.62%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I never would have guessed how much I would miss Trent until he was gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't mind Team Taz being held back. I guess it stands out vs the Inner Circle who always seem to press the advantage but that's fine. Inner Circle are built around advancing Jericho's agenda and Sammy, Hager, and LAX have routinely thrown themselves at something for him. Team Taz is different. Taz is the leader and he has an agenda but he's got a collection of young hotheads with their own ambitions. He's mentoring them while Jericho is using his guys. So it works for me that they're always busting at the seems to talk poo poo or pick a fight and he's always holding them back.

I do think finding out what Sting wants is being dragged out a little and I think the Darby "title reign" has been ridiculous. But I'm cool with the way Team Taz is working within this.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

And I'm kind of sad Spears has lost the glove. He was right it was doing nothing for him, but it was a bit of colour. You could possibly do some cool spots with it other than slugging guys you've already defeated cleanly. What's he going to do now, not have a magic glove?

Get dumped in a shipping crate with Impact’s address slapped on the side.

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1342863279899762688?s=21

Kenny doing some sort of weekly show related to the games.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 26, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's been a running character thing since Taz threw in the towel for Cage that he will take a loss rather than see his guys get hurt trying for a short term win. It's actually really cool

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DeathChicken posted:

It's been a running character thing since Taz threw in the towel for Cage that he will take a loss rather than see his guys get hurt trying for a short term win. It's actually really cool

Yeah, as a veteran who retired before his time because of injury it's a really good character note for him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Taz cares about his violent, angry boys.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Taz cares about his violent, angry boys.
:same:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I know the tag division is still packed to the gills, but now that Trent's out and Best Friends aren't getting those belts any time soon, I really want to see Cage and Hobbs as the next Tag Champs. The faction deserves some (more, I suppose) gold and I don't think Darby's dropping the TNT this quick unless he's hiding a serious injury. After the flippy, high spot Bucks fend off challenges from all sorts of similarly small teams, just have Taz's Beef Boys come in and wreck them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

I do think finding out what Sting wants is being dragged out a little and I think the Darby "title reign" has been ridiculous.
Same. I thought the entire purpose of the TNT Title was that it was defended on Dynamite every week (which is what Cody and I think Brodie did at least), but like someone else mentioned Darby could be nursing an injury.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Same. I thought the entire purpose of the TNT Title was that it was defended on Dynamite every week (which is what Cody and I think Brodie did at least), but like someone else mentioned Darby could be nursing an injury.

I don't think Brodie defended every week either. That was just a Cody thing. Thou it would make sense for the TNT title to be defended more often than the other titles.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Brodie didn't do and it even Cody didn't do it with the second run.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I don’t think it has to be a weekly defense, but they didn’t do Darby (a guy who needs multiple weeks off between matches because he can’t not take dumb bumps) by having Cody make it an open challenge title immediately upon introduction.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t think it has to be a weekly defense, but they didn’t do Darby (a guy who needs multiple weeks off between matches because he can’t not take dumb bumps) by having Cody make it an open challenge title immediately upon introduction.
yeah this

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah Cody offering an open challenge as the first thing with the belt was a weird choice because they weren't going to follow through on making it the entire point of the belt.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Brodie had at least two defenses on dynamite in the short time he had the belt, so yeah no defenses in almost two months is lame

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

imho the TNT Title is like a TV title and should be defended at least a couple of times a month, but I guess they're treating it more like a mid-tier title (IC etc.)

TV titles are cool

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

imho the TNT Title is like a TV title and should be defended at least a couple of times a month, but I guess they're treating it more like a mid-tier title (IC etc.)

TV titles are cool

Don't call it mid-tier or Cody will yell at you on Twitter.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

imho the TNT Title is like a TV title and should be defended at least a couple of times a month

TV titles are cool

Agreed

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ChrisBTY posted:

Unrelated though: Shawn Spears is kinda sad in a sympathetic way. Like in a 'How do you tell somebody who tries their hardest and does everything right they've peaked at mediocrity' sort of way.

He's the Yoshi-Hashi, but he doesn't know he's the Yoshi-Hashi

QT Marshall is also Yoshi Hashi, but seems to be aware.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Could be that Darby is banged up

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kenny Omega and Olivia Munn to host the AEw remake of Attack of the Show.

Also RIP shawn spears, just wanted to look like a tough boy in front of his dad / manager

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yoshi-Hashi but cursed with sentience. We know now why he screams .

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

So far the TNT Championship has been defended 16 times and the AEW World Championship has been defended 17 times.

That's way more defences than I thought the AEW Championship has had.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I don't mind Darby defending the title less. The every week defenses were very much a Cody thing, and did a good job of building up some early legitimacy in the belt, but they were his thing rather than a condition of holding the belt. Darby on the other hand has been involved with this thing with Team Taz and with Sting continually for about two months, so your choice for defending the belt would either be him jumping the gun and facing either Starks or Cage, or him facing unconnected people which wouldn't make sense for the story.

I'm looking forward to his match against Brian Cage, but I'm also happy to wait and not be impatient about it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

On the other hand Darby loving sucks, so put the belt on someone who can defend it more who doesn't suck. Like Brian Cage.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Codependent Poster posted:

On the other hand Darby loving sucks, so put the belt on someone who can defend it more who doesn't suck. Like Ricky Starks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

On the other hand Darby loving sucks, so put the belt on someone who can defend it more who doesn't suck. Like Brian Cage.

I think Darby can defend it as much as any other wrestler, you see wrestling matches are pre-determined. The matches resulted from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portrayed heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ricky Starks is also acceptable. In fact any other wrestler working for the company other than Jake Hager is acceptable.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Darby Allin vs Brandon Cutler could be a decent little match and a nice reward for Cutler's current win streak. Not everything he does has to be about Team Taz.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I think Darby can defend it as much as any other wrestler, you see wrestling matches are pre-determined. The matches resulted from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portrayed heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.

Tell that to Trent?.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I want to go the Synopsis section of every single wikipedia page about a movie and add a preamble to the effect of “(movie title) simulates experiences that communicate ideas, stories, perceptions, feelings, beauty, or atmosphere through the use of moving images. These images are generally accompanied by sound, and more rarely, other sensory stimulations.”

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Saul Goode posted:

Darby Allin vs Brandon Cutler could be a decent little match and a nice reward for Cutler's current win streak. Not everything he does has to be about Team Taz.

Give Nak the title.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

um

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1343006487988342786

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Oh my god what the gently caress. Was he ill? This is a nightmare.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What the loving gently caress Jesus this is terrible gently caress

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOOOO

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

What the gently caress happened? Was it suicide? Did he have some weird complication from his injuries?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Almost the same age as Bruiser Brody.