Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

AgentCow007 posted:

Just wanted to chime in and say in spite of Razer's reputation, don't sleep on the Viper Ultimate.

I picked one up expecting to hate-return it, but it's so good. Every time I pick it up it puts a smile on my face. I skipped wireless until now because I hated the battery weight, but this is the best of both worlds. The dock is awesome, but if I had to run wired, the cable is way nicer than my old SteelSeries. It also looks badass with the RGB tramp stamp turned off. I uninstalled Synapse after turning off the RGB and put a tiny drop of Krytox in the wheel and that solved all the issues I had with it. I highly recommend it, especially if you can find the dock version on sale for $99 like I did.

My Wireless O came in and after a day of using it I find it....OK? It's my first ambi mouse I've had in forever coming from a Mionix Castor (just died) and a Logitech G400 (old and heavy), and so I'm having a little difficulty in adjusting to it. Like I really really want to rest my ring and pinky finger on some part of the shell . The thread suggested earlier I look for an EC clone like a Model D and I might order one and return whichever I don't like.

Not gonna lie, I really like the idea of the charging dock for the Viper Ultimate, but man it's hard to get past Razer's rep for annoying gamer bling and atrocious RGB and software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

My Wireless O came in and after a day of using it I find it....OK? It's my first ambi mouse I've had in forever coming from a Mionix Castor (just died) and a Logitech G400 (old and heavy), and so I'm having a little difficulty in adjusting to it. Like I really really want to rest my ring and pinky finger on some part of the shell . The thread suggested earlier I look for an EC clone like a Model D and I might order one and return whichever I don't like.

I think it depends on what you're using it for. My Viper seems very natural for FPS stuff, like it felt weird at first but it eventually taught me a different kind of grip for FPS games specifically that made it easier to play them. Basically, applying a tight finger grip when aiming and relaxing the hand entirely when not. These mice aren't really made for any kind of chill games where you just want to rest your hand and click at stuff. I have to use my old EC1 for RTS and moba stuff because you're basically required to hold your hand in a static palm grip position a long time and click stuff constantly, which quickly gets straining with a small ambi mouse.

Right now I'm also using my Viper for desktop browsing stuff because it's light and easy to manipulate with minimal effort, and because I can swap hands occasionally.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 28, 2020

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fleedar posted:

Are there any mice out there that actually perform well over Bluetooth, or is that just the nature of Bluetooth? I have a Logitech MX Master and MX Anywhere. Both are great when used with their receivers, but they lag and stutter constantly over Bluetooth on every device I've tested. I just got a new MacBook without USB A ports, so I'm not able to use the receiver anymore without a giant dongle hanging off the computer, but switching to Bluetooth has been miserable.

Sounds like there's a problem with your macbook

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Minorkos posted:

I think it depends on what you're using it for. My Viper seems very natural for FPS stuff, like it felt weird at first but it eventually taught me a different kind of grip for FPS games specifically that made it easier to play them. Basically, applying a tight finger grip when aiming and relaxing the hand entirely when not. These mice aren't really made for any kind of chill games where you just want to rest your hand and click at stuff. I have to use my old EC1 for RTS and moba stuff because you're basically required to hold your hand in a static palm grip position a long time and click stuff constantly, which quickly gets straining with a small ambi mouse.

Right now I'm also using my Viper for desktop browsing stuff because it's light and easy to manipulate with minimal effort, and because I can swap hands occasionally.

After a day of the Model O I definitely had some hand fatigue going on, so I'm sure your observation about grip has a lot of merit.

I'm pretty much an FPS player when mousing so maybe I'll just give this some time to adapt, and a Model D might not alleviate any issues. Still tempted to try out the Viper for the sweet dock. I'm weird about my work space ergonomics and am looking at ways to improve my cable routing. Currently I have the Model O USB-C cable in my mouse bungee and tucked off to the side when using it in wireless mode, and then can wire it up when it needs to charge overnight.

Fleedar
Aug 29, 2002
RARRUGHH!!
Lipstick Apathy

an actual dog posted:

Sounds like there's a problem with your macbook

It happens on my MacBook, ThinkPad, and PC desktop.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If I'm returning a mouse that came with a AA, should I take the battery out or leave it in (maybe put it in backwards)? I think I threw away the little paper tab that blocked the contacts.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Rinkles posted:

If I'm returning a mouse that came with a AA, should I take the battery out or leave it in (maybe put it in backwards)? I think I threw away the little paper tab that blocked the contacts.

I'd probably just leave it unless you need the battery. The post office mostly cares about lithium batteries turning into spicy batteries.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Fleedar posted:

It happens on my MacBook, ThinkPad, and PC desktop.

Are you using any USB 3 hardware nearby? It can give off a lot of interference in the 2.4GHz range, which messes with wireless mice, including bluetooth and most proprietary receivers.

Rinkles posted:

Just take it out. Nobody will care, and it means that the battery won't leak on the off chance the hardware actually makes it to a refurbisher.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah good old USB 3 interference
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html

I had to use the extension cable for my living room PC to get the receiver for my wireless mouse and keyboard away from the case, or they would randomly not work even if I was sitting in direct LoS less than 2m from the computer.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Hey bros. I want to buy a lightweight wireless mouse. The G pro gets great reviews. It's been out of stock every time I've checked for the past year. Alternatives?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dominoes posted:

Hey bros. I want to buy a lightweight wireless mouse. The G pro gets great reviews. It's been out of stock every time I've checked for the past year. Alternatives?

i have a spare sealed g pro, you can buy mine. PM me

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Dominoes posted:

Model O Wireless and Razer Viper Ultimate, though they have a different shape

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Anti-Hero posted:

After a day of the Model O I definitely had some hand fatigue going on, so I'm sure your observation about grip has a lot of merit.

Had the same experience with the wired model O, except even moreso - I was getting finger pain after a few hours' use. Had to return it. Too many years using G500-type shapes. Kone Pure Ultra filled the gap nicely (wish it came in wireless) - there was a price drop on the KPU recently to below $60 so to anyone who likes ergo shapes, check it out.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Neurosis posted:

Had the same experience with the wired model O, except even moreso - I was getting finger pain after a few hours' use. Had to return it. Too many years using G500-type shapes. Kone Pure Ultra filled the gap nicely (wish it came in wireless) - there was a price drop on the KPU recently to below $60 so to anyone who likes ergo shapes, check it out.

That’s funny in that the Kone Pure Ultra was another mode I was considering. Shame it doesn’t have a paracord, though I’d think that could be taken care of as a simple mod.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I got the G-Wolves Sköll and Glorious Model D in the mail today. I also got the Model D-, but it is definitely too small for my ~19.5cm sized hand. I'll write some stuff here about the two other mice, partially for myself in an exercise of rubber ducking which mouse I want to keep

The shape on both of the mice are indeed like the EC, though neither is an exact copy of it. It feels like the Sköll is closer to the original EC design though, since it pushes more into your palm like the EC1, but in a way that feels better. The Model D has a thinner and more accommodating shape for different grip styles and it feels a bit longer. The Model D feels more like it has that FPS-mouse style "let your fingers move around" shaping that ambi mice typically have, while the Sköll prefers a steady palm grip. It's a subtle difference that probably no one cares about except me. I think shape-wise I prefer the Sköll right now since I'm looking to play RTS and dotalikes, and that's what the Sköll seems more geared towards. It also feels like I can more comfortably relax my hand when I grip the Sköll. The Model D feels more like a compromise between a true sweaty FPS gaming mouse (like Razer Viper) and comfy work/RTS mouse, which can also be a good thing if that's what you're looking for.

The buttons on both mice feel a bit squishy, but they're not outright bad. The side buttons on the Model D have that EC-like squish, while the Sköll's side buttons have a good and pronounced click. The middle mouse button is decent on both mice. The scroll wheel feels a bit better on the Sköll, though neither mouse has a really great one like the Viper. I was afraid the DPI change button would get in the way on the Model D, but it luckily doesn't. I'm a little sad that both mice have the middle mouse button placed a bit too far behind for my hand size, while the EC1 got it down perfectly.

No rattle or flex on either of the mice. They feel better built than the Viper.

The default feet feel like they actively grind against my extremely esports Zowie G-SR mousepad, especially on the Sköll. Maybe they're just too new.

The hole technology is definitely more noticeable on the Sköll since the holes are on the sides too, but that's not really a bad thing. Feels kind of weird to be looking directly at circuitry, though.

Pretty obnoxious RGB lighting on both mice, but it's more flamboyant on the Model D which also comes with that "glorious PC gamer" meme stapled onto its side. Minus 10 points for that poo poo.

This isn't a final review of any kind because you can't really grade a mouse with like 50 minutes of testing, and the mice are very similar and seem to be among the best ergo mice available right now, so I really have to be splitting hairs to find something to talk about. The main reason I obsess this much over this stuff is because my weirdly hosed up hand seemingly has different ergonomic requirements every week or so. Anyway if anyone has any questions about these mice specifically then fire away!!!

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 2, 2021

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Got my Model O Wireless finally. Love the mouse except for 2 annoying problems with the scroll wheel squeaking if I scroll too fast and right click is also squeaky. Is this a common problem with them?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Anti-Hero posted:

That’s funny in that the Kone Pure Ultra was another mode I was considering. Shame it doesn’t have a paracord, though I’d think that could be taken care of as a simple mod.

Yeah, apparently Roccat weren't allowed to paracord it because of some weird German safety standard - such materials can apparently be choking hazards for kids or something. Which I suppose is possible with some products, but pretty loving unlikely with a mouse. Anyway, its rubber cable is decent with a bungee - I paracorded it and there's not much of a difference before and after.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I got a G502 and Basilisk V2 with the intent to return the Razer, but I gotta say I like it (I just don't want to spend that much on a mouse). Great weight, good wheel, all around just sits well. The clicks are a bit noisy, and logitech has better auxiliary button positioning, but it feels like love at first touch. Idk that I can justify the price tag, but it's gonna be a harder decision than I was expecting.

G502 is a step up over the G604 I just returned, but is still heavier than I'd like, even without any of the weights. I remained unimpressed by the metal wheel, but for once I found a logitech with a decent middle click. If it was just a bit lighter I'd be pretty happy with it, given the price. As is I'm not sure.

e:but drat, the basilisk is pretty loud. it's the first time i've even paid attention to click noise.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I've been having an issued with my MX Master 3 lately where the back button mostly, and the forward button double 'clicks' when ever I use it. It's been getting pretty annoying. I've tried reinstalling Options and resetting but it only fixed it temporarily. Has anyone else dealt with this?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

FireTora posted:

I've been having an issued with my MX Master 3 lately where the back button mostly, and the forward button double 'clicks' when ever I use it. It's been getting pretty annoying. I've tried reinstalling Options and resetting but it only fixed it temporarily. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I'm guessing it is the same issue a lot of modern Logitech mice have: the switches are cheap dogshit that they run out of spec. The most common issue is double-clicks registering for single-clicks.

You can try to RMA it - Logitech is generally very good about one warranty replacement. (They've replaced items for me that failed even out of warranty as a one time courtesy.) However, it's basically guaranteed you'll run into it again.

You can try to replace the switches with higher-quality ones if you're looking for a project.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

pocket pool posted:

I'm guessing it is the same issue a lot of modern Logitech mice have: the switches are cheap dogshit that they run out of spec. The most common issue is double-clicks registering for single-clicks.

smh, what happened to you logitech?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Oh. I need to make an account with Razer to configure my mouse. :chloe:

Talk about "smh"

(I do like the mouse, though)

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
You do not need a login to use Synapse which is the only piece of Razer software you should ever install. The others have godawful memory leaks that will destroy your system.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

K8.0 posted:

You do not need a login to use Synapse which is the only piece of Razer software you should ever install. The others have godawful memory leaks that will destroy your system.

Am I missing something?

e: Synapse 3 let's you log in as a guest. I didn't download that at first because the (official) link I followed called it a beta

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 11, 2021

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

pocket pool posted:

You can try to RMA it - Logitech is generally very good about one warranty replacement. (They've replaced items for me that failed even out of warranty as a one time courtesy.) However, it's basically guaranteed you'll run into it again.

You can try to replace the switches with higher-quality ones if you're looking for a project.

That's a bummer, my MX510 is still working 15+ years later.

I moved to a different country so RMA would be a pain in the rear end now but I'll check. I'll pop it open if that wont work out when I get a chance and see if I can find some better switches.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Using a modifier key is a neat way of mapping more functions. Hypershift on a Razer, G-Shift on a Logitech. But with Logitech the modifier is also sniper button, it serves both functions. I don't see that option with the Razer. I can set the paddle to be the Hypershift key, but this overrides its function. So it's becomes just a modifier button.

Does anyone know if I can set it up to work like it does with Logitech?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 11, 2021

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rinkles posted:

I remained unimpressed by the metal wheel, but for once I found a logitech with a decent middle click. If it was just a bit lighter I'd be pretty happy with it, given the price. As is I'm not sure.

The secret trick to logitech wheels is to remap the tilt to middle click and use that instead.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

The secret trick to logitech wheels is to remap the tilt to middle click and use that instead.

For the last four years I've been using DPI up/G8 (no tilt on the 402)

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Cefte posted:

Cheers, you're both stars. Will set out and report back.
So, following this advice, I went out and completely ignored it, and purchased a Razer Atheris, which I enjoyed immensely up till a week ago, when it started entering sleep mode after exactly 30 seconds of x/y inactivity (even if the scroll wheel was being used, and entirely independent of the Synapse setting).

This seemed to be a known problem for the Basilisk Ultimate discussed here, but the Razer rep I contacted knew nothing about that, and their only solution was to RMA, which makes me a little concerned, since it's likely just going to happen again.

Anyone else experienced this, or better yet, managed a solution?

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Cefte posted:

So, following this advice, I went out and completely ignored it, and purchased a Razer Atheris, which I enjoyed immensely up till a week ago, when it started entering sleep mode after exactly 30 seconds of x/y inactivity (even if the scroll wheel was being used, and entirely independent of the Synapse setting).

This seemed to be a known problem for the Basilisk Ultimate discussed here, but the Razer rep I contacted knew nothing about that, and their only solution was to RMA, which makes me a little concerned, since it's likely just going to happen again.

Anyone else experienced this, or better yet, managed a solution?

Hmm, that post is about the Basilisk X Hyperspeed (the budget Ultimate), and someone mentioned that updating firmware fixed it... have you checked for newer Atheris firmware?

I just got the Basilisk Ultimate a few days ago since I decided to go wireless for my new desk, and haven't had any real issues with it, although it is definitely slower to wake from sleep than Logitech mice. Actually I wrote this comparison to the G703 I also tried, so might as well share it here:

G703 pros: feels sturdier, nicer clicks, somewhat lighter, bigger side buttons, wakes from sleep faster, more normal aesthetic, less expensive
Basilisk pros: more ergonomic, optical switches, extra buttons, easier middle-click, less slippery textured rubber, customizable lift-off distance, nicer rgb

I could go full circle and try the newer wireless DeathAdder, which would be similar to the Basilisk but trade ergonomics and extra buttons for less weight... but I'll probably just stick with the Basilisk.

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 11, 2021

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

My current mouse (https://www.newegg.com/corsair-ch-9000052-na-raptor-m45-usb-wired/p/N82E16826816031) is dying on me and I'm pretty lost on looking for a replacement. I was considering the wired Razer Viper posted earlier (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TT8G59J?ref=emc_p_m_5_i&th=1) since the price is $40 right now and the button/form seems similar, but the dealbreaker for me is that it feels like it's going to be way too light compared to what I'm used to. Are there any adjustable weight mouses out there that aren't totally cluttered with buttons? I'm just looking for forward/back buttons on the top of the side of the mouse.

The absolute best mouse I've used was https://www.newegg.com/logitech-g9x/p/N82E16826104261 and I'm still mad they discontinued it all these years later.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

runawayturtles posted:

Hmm, that post is about the Basilisk X Hyperspeed (the budget Ultimate), and someone mentioned that updating firmware fixed it... have you checked for newer Atheris firmware?
I did indeed, and updated to the newest (which achieved no change), and specifically asked the Razer rep about it, to be told that the Atheris doesn't have firmware. Which makes sense. As a mouse, it emerges spontaneously, from grain.

How long are we talking for the Basilisk Ultimate to wake? This is running multiple seconds, which strikes me as... not great, and also not at all what it was like a month ago.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

staplegun posted:

My current mouse (https://www.newegg.com/corsair-ch-9000052-na-raptor-m45-usb-wired/p/N82E16826816031) is dying on me and I'm pretty lost on looking for a replacement.

Lmao one of the Newegg reviews for that mouse has this section:

quote:

GRIP:
Let me make a bold statement: Corsair solved the grip problem.
To do an extreme test, I coated my hand in olive oil. Even then, no matter how fast I moved, I never lost mouse precision or grip. Unfortunately now my mouse is all oily. Maybe Corsair will be kind and send a new one in exchange for the noble sacrifice I made for this review.

I demand everyone coat their hands in olive oil before giving reviews of any mice from now on.

(Also unfortunately I’m not sure what mouse to recommend! Lighter is definitely the trend for most new mice nowadays)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

staplegun posted:

My current mouse (https://www.newegg.com/corsair-ch-9000052-na-raptor-m45-usb-wired/p/N82E16826816031) is dying on me and I'm pretty lost on looking for a replacement. I was considering the wired Razer Viper posted earlier (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TT8G59J?ref=emc_p_m_5_i&th=1) since the price is $40 right now and the button/form seems similar, but the dealbreaker for me is that it feels like it's going to be way too light compared to what I'm used to. Are there any adjustable weight mouses out there that aren't totally cluttered with buttons? I'm just looking for forward/back buttons on the top of the side of the mouse.

The absolute best mouse I've used was https://www.newegg.com/logitech-g9x/p/N82E16826104261 and I'm still mad they discontinued it all these years later.
Well your M45 survived a lot longer than mine but I'm also a dude who misses the G9x a decade later and thought the M45 was the best replacement. I also got some kind of RSI in my mousing hand which is greatly alleviated by reducing mouse weight so I look for lighter mice. Otherwise we seem to share a particular taste so I'll just give you all my hard-bought mouse wisdom in the time since my M45 died:

There's an M65 (also by Corsair) but it has a sniper button which ruins the grip for me. Same overall shape & weight, better sensor and still available (direct from Corsair as well as amazon or whatever). If you don't put your thumb in the place they put the button for your thumb to hit because you want to grip your mouse, congratulations Corsair have exactly the mouse for you already!

The Roccat Kone shape is different but worked OK for me, it's the best feeling mouse I've tried since the M45.

A closer fit to the M45 is the Roccat Kain, the wireless is decently heavy (106g), the wired was light enough for me (92g) but not too far behind the (no extra weight) M45. It has the dimensions but the sides are angled very differently and the hump isn't as far to the rear (no mouse seems to have as far rear hump). I like the wired version a lot, it's my current mouse.

I haven't tried the Glorious Model D but it's on my radar, it's a taller/larger mouse in the Zowie EC style, very light though (68g). Has a listed grip width on the higher end but I haven't held one. Probably not for someone looking for heavier mice!

I tried the Mionix Naos due to its width but hated the grip shape and texture. The Corsair Sabre I liked very much on first use but I had problems with the scroll wheel and I realized I slowly shifted my grip to a lazier one because it was harder to control, it only really mattered for things like rocket jumping but for some reason I had trouble fighting this tendency. It also felt "cheap" although it didn't fail particularly quickly.

It's really hard to find a mouse with a rear hump, middle hump is far more common. Heavy mice are becoming rarer. Luckily you barely have to look at sensors anymore, they're basically all fine in the range of human capability.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

kaschei posted:

Well your M45 survived a lot longer than mine but I'm also a dude who misses the G9x a decade later and thought the M45 was the best replacement. I also got some kind of RSI in my mousing hand which is greatly alleviated by reducing mouse weight so I look for lighter mice. Otherwise we seem to share a particular taste so I'll just give you all my hard-bought mouse wisdom in the time since my M45 died:

There's an M65 (also by Corsair) but it has a sniper button which ruins the grip for me. Same overall shape & weight, better sensor and still available (direct from Corsair as well as amazon or whatever). If you don't put your thumb in the place they put the button for your thumb to hit because you want to grip your mouse, congratulations Corsair have exactly the mouse for you already!

The Roccat Kone shape is different but worked OK for me, it's the best feeling mouse I've tried since the M45.

A closer fit to the M45 is the Roccat Kain, the wireless is decently heavy (106g), the wired was light enough for me (92g) but not too far behind the (no extra weight) M45. It has the dimensions but the sides are angled very differently and the hump isn't as far to the rear (no mouse seems to have as far rear hump). I like the wired version a lot, it's my current mouse.

I haven't tried the Glorious Model D but it's on my radar, it's a taller/larger mouse in the Zowie EC style, very light though (68g). Has a listed grip width on the higher end but I haven't held one. Probably not for someone looking for heavier mice!

I tried the Mionix Naos due to its width but hated the grip shape and texture. The Corsair Sabre I liked very much on first use but I had problems with the scroll wheel and I realized I slowly shifted my grip to a lazier one because it was harder to control, it only really mattered for things like rocket jumping but for some reason I had trouble fighting this tendency. It also felt "cheap" although it didn't fail particularly quickly.

It's really hard to find a mouse with a rear hump, middle hump is far more common. Heavy mice are becoming rarer. Luckily you barely have to look at sensors anymore, they're basically all fine in the range of human capability.

Haha, that M65 would be perfect for me if it weren't for that button but think it's pretty much a dealbreaker for me as it is. I was looking at the rest of the corsair store and the Ironclaw looks like it might be ok? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KKZB9LM/ref=twister_B07YW3W8TK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't heard of the Roccat brand so I'll look into them but unfortunately most of the models you mentioned are unavailable on amazon and I'm kind of locked to buying from there right now.

I've been really hard trying to avoid Razer because of their entire product history, but does anyone have experience with the Basilisk Essential here? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0793CFYTT/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER I don't know how the grip would feel, but at least the thumb button is removable

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Actually, gently caress it, I'll pull the trigger on that M65 because I've looked and my grip and it doesn't seem to be THAT far up. I'll just, I don't know, bind the sniper button to be a dummy button or do something extremely reckless that probably involves superglue if it becomes a problem.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Cefte posted:

How long are we talking for the Basilisk Ultimate to wake? This is running multiple seconds, which strikes me as... not great, and also not at all what it was like a month ago.

Wouldn't say it's that long... maybe one second at the most, compared to a fraction of a second for Logitech. It's very noticeable and kind of annoying, but would probably be within my expectations if I hadn't tried a different brand first.

edit: Turns out I actually needed to update my firmware also. After the update it's completely fine (only slightly longer than Logitech). Definitely less than a second.

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 12, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Why do some people want heavier mice? Mostly out of habit?

This basilisk feels so much better to me than the g502 I'm wondering if something even lighter (like the viper) would be a proportional improvement.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

This basilisk feels so much better to me than the g502 I'm wondering if something even lighter (like the viper) would be a proportional improvement.

Depends what you're using it for, but I found it to be a huge difference for RTS games and shooters. It makes you realise how much effort you had to put into beginning mouse movements and stopping with a heavy mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Rinkles posted:

As someone who does not play twitch shooters or RTSes at a meaningfully competitive level, I prefer the feel of solidity for a thing I'm holding most of the day rather than lightness.

Back when I had the mouse with the removable weights (G5?) I ran mine maxed out normally and would remove the cartridge only when playing Unreal Tournament at LANs.

For the mandatory :iiaca: a lightweight mouse is the door of a track day car where a heavy one is the door of a big Mercedes. The weight makes it feel better in some ways as long as you don't care about the performance you're giving up. Both preferences are reasonable depending on use.

What I don't get are people who used some middle weight combination on the adjustable mice.