Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

I watched almost all of that ridiculously terrible game. Well, :toot: I guess?

If Jeremiah Tilmon can come up like that at the end of games when necessary, I can see them getting to the sweet 16 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State somehow didn’t buckle at the end vs. UNC. :confused:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
playing Purdue is such a loving slog. Feels like we're outplaying them badly and they're still hanging around.

Also Iowa staff really needs to sit down and reconsider whether Bohannon should be starting because rthe team has been so much better with Toussaint on the court this year. If Bohannon is gonna keep shooting like poo poo it's not worth the massive downgrade on defense

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 24, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Big10 refs are complete poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I didn't even notice because i was too busy watching the Bulls get owned, but Northwestern apparently beat Indiana? They are 2-0 in the Big Ten against Michigan State and Indiana who are supposed to be good. Is Northwestern somehow good this year?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Skeptical that Indiana is actually good, even though I think they're like top 25 in KenPom

(they will now beat Iowa, of course)

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Yeah they have not impressed.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

MourningView posted:

Skeptical that Indiana is actually good, even though I think they're like top 25 in KenPom

(they will now beat Iowa, of course)

They are bad at shooting, especially from 3 and the free throw line. Jackson-Davis is really good, after that though it gets pretty rough.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Early but kinda feels like Iowa doesn't have it today. Minnesota doing a really nice job on Garza

E: ok well now we just straight up look like poo poo

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 26, 2020

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Goldy'll eventually start picking up fouls with the way they're playing interior D. If Garza stays patient and keeps his head, it's just a matter of making sure nobody but Carr goes off on the other end. Probably will be an ugly one but unless Gach or Gabe gets going (or Ihnen has a coming out party), Iowa should be good

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 26, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah they are, uh, really letting them play inside

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

MourningView posted:

Early but kinda feels like Iowa doesn't have it today. Minnesota doing a really nice job on Garza

E: ok well now we just straight up look like poo poo

Gophers clearly games planned for Garza (no poo poo). I don't expect Iowa to keep shooting this poorly though.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I have zero explanation for what the gently caress is going on with Gabe but it's an issue.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Paracaidas posted:

I have zero explanation for what the gently caress is going on with Gabe but it's an issue.

His freshman year was an aberration. Now shooting 21.6% from three. Players who shoot that poorly are told not to shoot. That's Shaq shooting free throws level of bad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I see this is one of those big ten game where you are allowed to club someone in the face with a bat in the post with no call. Not a fan of those, not sure why the conference wants its brand to be "unwatchable slog" but it's not how I would do things, personally

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

MourningView posted:

I see this is one of those big ten game where you are allowed to club someone in the face with a bat in the post with no call. Not a fan of those, not sure why the conference wants its brand to be "unwatchable slog" but it's not how I would do things, personally

Seriously? I haven't seen anything resembling that. And I'm the exact opposite. I hate games where refs take over and stop play every other time down the court.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Well that wound up being a little on the nose, MV :lol:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
jfc

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Horrendous, inexcusable loss, could not have been worse down the stretch

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Brandon Johnson, noted sniper.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Paracaidas posted:

Brandon Johnson, noted sniper.

yeah that guy quintupling his made threes for the year is just lovely luck but at the same time make a loving free throw

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Gophs needed one from this stretch to have a shot at March. This was a huge win.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Wow. Easily one of the best Gophers games I've ever seen.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/GopherMBB/status/1342675202329563136

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mad On Christmas, I love sports lmao

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky still not good, but only down 1 at half to Louisville. Their best lineup is when the star players are off the floor, BJ Boston especially. And the front court has been much better with Lance Ware and Jacob Toppin than starters Isaiah Jackson and Olivier Sarr.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Ugh, I didn't even give up hope like this during the Gillespie years. This sucks. Another 8 minute stretch without a basket, you can't win games like that.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Gonzaga is just murdering us, loving hell

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

Gonzaga is just murdering us, loving hell

UVA is the best team they'll play till March, presuming there is a March

(unless you want to count San Francisco, which on present evidence, sure)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Gonzaga is really good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kentucky is now 1-6 and Kansas is now like 8 games behind in all time wins. We were like 16 behind last season. I don't really care about all time wins but Kentucky puts this as number one on their insufferable The List so I'm looking forward to rubbing that in on the appropriate audiences.

Rick posted:

Gonzaga is really good.

and getting better. They should win it all. Maybe we'll actually be able to watch March Madness in a bar if things go well

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Seeing how good Gonzaga is and looking at just kinda how "alright" Kansas is just perplexes me on how Kansas didn't lose to Gonzaga by more.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Baylor is also very good so far, pity that game got cancelled.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

Seeing how good Gonzaga is and looking at just kinda how "alright" Kansas is just perplexes me on how Kansas didn't lose to Gonzaga by more.

same

Baylor is really really good but Gonzaga feels like they're solidly their own tier this year. Letting them have a five star was a mistake.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

MourningView posted:

same

Baylor is really really good but Gonzaga feels like they're solidly their own tier this year. Letting them have a five star was a mistake.

I'm sick of seeing all-star talent from Minnesota leave the state. Yeah....Gonzaga appears to be in a league of their own this year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I'm sick of seeing all-star talent from Minnesota leave the state. Yeah....Gonzaga appears to be in a league of their own this year.

Pretty sure they're going to get Chet too.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

MourningView posted:

Pretty sure they're going to get Chet too.

Seems likely. Gophers are a LONG shot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan State appears to be real, real bad.

I still expect them to make the Final Four, because that's what they do.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

facialimpediment posted:

Michigan State appears to be real, real bad.

I still expect them to make the Final Four, because that's what they do.

This is ugly. Minor halftime gripes with a big lead: Really wish Mashburn Jr would stop gunning because he's otherwise been solid at getting the other starters (especially bigs) involved when Carr sits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Paracaidas posted:

This is ugly. Minor halftime gripes with a big lead: Really wish Mashburn Jr would stop gunning because he's otherwise been solid at getting the other starters (especially bigs) involved when Carr sits

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/movingscreenpod/status/1343735177927946245

f