Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Amos' Excellent Adventure begins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Episode 5 is now up, so avoid the thread if you don't want spoilers.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man I’m starting to take a liking to “Tiny”

Edit: ”how can there be daylight? Oooohhhhh here we fuckin’ goooooooo

Edit 2: AMOS FROM THE TOP ROOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 30, 2020

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
drat this one ruled too.

Ep 5 spoilers (duh) think she was gonna warn Holden about the drive but decided not to last second?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are just battin' a loving million with Amos this season. That was the smoothest poo poo I'd ever seen - Wes has a long career in pro wrestling if television/movies doesn't pan out.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

really A+ amos moment, even relative to all the other incredible amos moments in this show

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
suplexed that cyborg motherfucker straight down an elevator shaft. :black101:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You just know Tiny got about halfway through that fall and suddenly realized in a spark of brilliance... "I'm not that guy?" :thunk:

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 30, 2020

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
The episode was slower than I expected, but I think I actually preferred it that way. Even with that, Tiny did not disappoint.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Loved Tiny.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Glad Naomi and Teddy Bear had that conversation about the Ring Planets, it got across why Marco's plan appeals to belters for more than just revenge, unlike his address.

Overall great episode, and nice tension / foreshadowing with the reactor code reveal.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 30, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I enjoy that in the galley they still use plain-old microwaves to heat up noodles. (But the light is blue now)

Lol at the prop cabinet door that just sort of bangs shut and sits there askew

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

A loving SUPLEX

haven't even read the thread, had to post

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Has the amazon player forced subtitles on anyone else before? All the text was subtitled in German for me and subtitles were turned off, so I couldn't make it stop.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Grand Fromage posted:

Has the amazon player forced subtitles on anyone else before? All the text was subtitled in German for me and subtitles were turned off, so I couldn't make it stop.

Yes, on my TV and PC. Same thing with german as well

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ever since the third episode, it forces German subtitles for any text on screen.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Germany's finally unleashing their secret plan on us all. :captainpop:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Grand Fromage posted:

I found that if I turn english subtitles on and back off it fixes the problem, at least if using Firefox on a Windows PC, no idea about any other platform.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
in the future hard drives have been relegated to light fixtures

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

I enjoy that in the galley they still use plain-old microwaves to heat up noodles. (But the light is blue now)

Space microwaves use blue.

edit: I wonder if those are fabricated props or if they just source a few of the most futuristic-looking microwaves on the market and pop in some blue light bulbs?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's a proto-microwave.

Delekhan
Mar 2, 2006

I am more than you could ever imagine. I am God.

dyzzy posted:

drat this one ruled too.

Ep 5 spoilers (duh) think she was gonna warn Holden about the drive but decided not to last second?

Yeah, and this tweet by James S.A. Corey confirms it:

https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/1344084784142721026

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I loved when Amos punched Tiny in the face to no effect and then gave that same surprised look Murphy gave after he hit Amos.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The very first thing I'd do would be to assume anything that belter girl touched on Tycho was potentially sabotaged. I get these guys are shook but come on.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I really liked Tiny. They could have gone and made him a Marvel-style grunting brute but they really made him likeable.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I loved his insane ranting about rights through the window, then the "hey guys what's up" when they opened the door.

withak fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 30, 2020

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

The very first thing I'd do would be to assume anything that belter girl touched on Tycho was potentially sabotaged. I get these guys are shook but come on.

I felt like they did a good job of making the desire to retrieve the protomolocule / get revenge override their rationality with regards to that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So...whats new?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Infidelicious posted:

I felt like they did a good job of making the desire to retrieve the protomolocule / get revenge override their rationality with regards to that.

Holden definitely wouldn't give a second thought before pressing butan but that Bull guy should have been more careful about the butans

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

rip tiny 2020-2020

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

we don't know how good their augs are

maybe Tiny can return and replace Alex next season

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

At this point more characters on this show have died in an elevator shaft than in an airlock.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

p.s. I'm still holding out hope that Mecha-Diogo will return to exact his revenge.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Fister Roboto posted:

p.s. I'm still holding out hope that Mecha-Diogo will return to exact his revenge.

I was really holding out hope that we'd get to see Diogo die every season, then show up again later with progressively more unbelievable tales about how he survived. "Invincible, me!"

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I love how multiple people called "Chekhov's Bionic Criminal" that Amos was going to have to kill only for them to still make the scene go down absolutely loving amazingly.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Someone explain the rules of this rock paper scissors to me.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loving love everything about Amos.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Presumably, the one who flips the bird disapproves of the usage of rock paper scissors for things as dangerous as "hang out with the heavily modded violent inmate"

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Scissors > phallus, it's that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kassad posted:

Scissors > phallus, it's that simple.

We're not playing Bobbitt rules