Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Taking pot shots at the poorly aged things guy for blinx, real fuckin perceptive there matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You left the Friendcast for lovely takes, so yeah you shouldn't talk

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh no Dragon Age

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/3/22151192/bioware-casey-hudson-mark-darrah-leaving-dragon-age-mass-effect

Oh noooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uLait2Hfw

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Whine whine SJWs shut the gently caress up Greg Ellis.

:rip: Bioware.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gently caress Dragon Age anyways

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Here's the haircut Pat was talking about :
https://twitter.com/JrWave19/status/1333227939639521280

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I didn't finish Yakuza 6, what is Pat talking about in the last ep? Spoilers are fine.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Deified Data posted:

I didn't finish Yakuza 6, what is Pat talking about in the last ep? Spoilers are fine.

I haven't listened to CSB but I beat Yakuza 6, what was the context?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Deified Data posted:

Kiryu fakes his death at the end of Yakuza 6 and is writing a long sad heartfelt letter to Haruka about how time is precious and his only regret in life was not spending enough time fostering their relationship and how much she means to him and woops he was actually writing that letter to Daigo.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Kiryu fakes his death at the end of Yakuza 6 and is writing a long sad heartfelt letter to Haruka about how time is precious and his only regret in life was not spending enough time fostering their relationship and how much she means to him and woops he was actually writing that letter to Daigo.

Oh my God

SkeletonHero posted:

I haven't listened to CSB but I beat Yakuza 6, what was the context?
Bait and switch emotional hooks

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat's playing Cyberpunk and his hair just fuckin disappeared

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kazzah posted:

Pat's playing Cyberpunk and his hair just fuckin disappeared

yeah, but what happened in the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That nintendo rant aged well, the guy that made the joycons for Etika is shady, never contacted etika's family also when he made the tribute.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i doubt any of that information affected nintendo's decision one way or the other tbh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Patware posted:

i doubt any of that information affected nintendo's decision one way or the other tbh

The details that dunked the whole segment was that the guy was sent a C+D already and he ignored it, and the only requirement of the C+D is to just take out the word Joycon.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I recently finished up Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and Woolie got me inspired to replay Yakuza 0. I just got to Majima's introduction, and I legitimately can't think of any character in video games with a cooler intro. I'm so incredibly looking forward to see Woolie experience this next week.

Like god drat. Yakuza 0 owns so hard.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking of Yakuza 0, the first part of Woolie's LP just went up. lmao the intro and the outfits

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472?s=20
CDPR would like to apologize for tearing Pat a new one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of Yakuza 0, the first part of Woolie's LP just went up. lmao the intro and the outfits

Sick, I hope he takes the finisher tip to heart better than Lythero did. The Yakuza games are way harder when you're not doing the part of your combo that does the most damage 95% of the time, who knew?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Woolie gives way too much benefit of the doubt to corporations like CDPR jfc

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's very telling that he refused to upload the cyberpunk section of last week's podcast, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't this week, either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Woolie gives way too much benefit of the doubt to corporations like CDPR jfc

How so? I don't listen to the podcast so I'm completely in the dark.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Kay Kessler posted:

It's very telling that he refused to upload the cyberpunk section of last week's podcast, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't this week, either.

He uploaded this week’s ten minutes ago.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kay Kessler posted:

Do you mean 'within the podcast itself' or 'on his channel'? because he doesn't put the entire total podcast on his channel and never has

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

foolish to assume that the one hour videos are full podcasts, when they're actually short clips of the full twenty hour versions

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did Pat or Woolie say they'd ever heard of DnF before the announcement of the upcoming fighting game? I'm curious to see if one of them will try the MMO on a stream, but I bet they'd both hate it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Woolie would probably have the usual experience: absolutely love doing cool-rear end combos for a while and then run into just how much money they want from you to make yourself look the way you want and manage to burn out before even hitting the worst of the grind.

Which is the best-case scenario

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

What is “DnF”, in this context?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

What is “DnF”, in this context?

Dungeon Fighter, the 3rd highest profitable game franchise in the world for some reason

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man I've been rewatching all the Souls LPs, and it really needs underlining that yes, Woolie is exactly as crazy as Pat, he just hides it slightly better. Motherfucker tried to argue that the purple Gamecube was blue.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

Man I've been rewatching all the Souls LPs, and it really needs underlining that yes, Woolie is exactly as crazy as Pat, he just hides it slightly better. Motherfucker tried to argue that the purple Gamecube was blue.

In related news, I'm really enjoying Woolie and Reggie playing Demons' Souls. Woolie is a MUCH better coach than Pat is.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Rody One Half posted:

Some people perceive purple/indigo as more blue than others. It's a qualitative thing that varies between person to person and strangely enough, the answer can change over time, so he's not exactly wrong.

At least Woolie will back down from his craziness instead of tripling down like Pat. I'm glad Woolie's channel is putting out some great LPs nowadays because I've gotten to the point where I can't listen to the podcast due to Pat's shtick.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vanderdeath posted:

Some people perceive purple/indigo as more blue than others. It's a qualitative thing that varies between person to person and strangely enough, the answer can change over time, so he's not exactly wrong.

At least Woolie will back down from his craziness instead of tripling down like Pat. I'm glad Woolie's channel is putting out some great LPs nowadays because I've gotten to the point where I can't listen to the podcast due to Pat's shtick.

Woolie is way more likely to triple down, or endlessly explain his reasoning as to why he's not actually wrong. Pat is at least as likely to admit he's wrong as to dig in.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Woolie will dig and fortify and prepare earthworks and wheel in cannons and MEAN IT, Pat is just doing a bit half the time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Woolie is way more likely to triple down, or endlessly explain his reasoning as to why he's not actually wrong. Pat is at least as likely to admit he's wrong as to dig in.

Pat will admit he's wrong *and* dig in at the same time

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Andrast posted:

Pat will admit he's wrong *and* dig in at the same time

this is what it means to have the true heart and soul of a poster

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie has never ever admitted to being wrong about anything

This is the guy who crafted race theories about Japanese people just to avoid admitting he was wrong about the setting of a loving puzzle game.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 30, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

First 20 min of the pod summarized the entire dynamic

Woolie based entire life and truth around his own weird not representing experience as universal truth, pat is tired and wants to go to the extreme so he feeds off everyone hating him because he's a narcissist.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I love for my podcasts to have that over at a friend's house and they start arguing with their partner vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie has never ever admitted to being wrong about anything

This is the guy who crafted race theories about Japanese people just to avoid admitting he was wrong about the setting of a loving puzzle game.

when was this?