Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Fur20 posted:

i've been thinking this for a long time but does this game feel like it has really laggy and sluggish controls? maybe 20% of the time my dashes don't register, my characters will just stand there while i'm mashing skill or attack, it very frequently drops my charge attacks, and it CONSTANTLY drops my character swaps... this isn't a problem with my keyboard, it's 100% responsive otherwise and in every other application but genshin is the only thing i do on this computer that consistently drops my inputs.

I have been noticing this lately as well, most noticeably when dashing. I have not noticed it much when attacking but it could be that I am mashing the button enough to overcome it, vs dashing which is once every few seconds. I am not using wifi for internet and my ping is always ~71 ms. I thought all of the clicking was just wearing out my mouse. I have also noticed it occasionally when running past stuff trying to loot with F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The game feels great to me but I have 21ms ping, wired internet.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Colorspray posted:

Could be a ping issue. I run into the same scenarios when playing on slow wifi.

it could be. my ping is ~135 but that can't be changed because some places in the world are just physically far away from others

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I have heard that the Playstation version has laggier controls than the PC version. I doubt it's a connection speed issue because the server seems to more or less trust the client to handle positioning, ie: it just proceeds on the client-side without waiting for confirmation from the servers.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Corla Plankun posted:

What would y'all recommend for abyss floor nine if this is what I have so far?

I've beaten pretty much everything on the overworld but I don't have two teams worth of artifacts yet (I've only got about 2.5 sets I'm happy with if I'm being honest), and I'm not sure where I would get the most bang for my buck. Fischl seems like an obvious choice because I have so many of her constellations but I just don't "get" the character. He skills are so short and archery is so bad that it seems weird that people are using her for dps, I feel like I must be missing something. I didn't start pulling her until I was pretty late in the game so maybe she has just always been underleveled and that's why she never felt good.

Basically nobody has high level talents except: Chongyun' is 8/5/4, Bennet is 1/5/7, and Ningguang is 6/1/4

It's more about the artifacts available to you, but have pyro & electro into both teams because of the boosted overload damage. I have no idea who you have built as DPS units, but have either a electro or pyro main dps with the other element to support. Sucrose/traveler can use their anemo to group the slimes together to cause them to hurt each other with overlord multipler, and if they have the VV artifacts, you can use them to help defeat floor 2 and 3 by decreasing the enemies' resistances; otherwise they can provide some good crowd control. Chongyun can be helpful for the second half on floor 2 if you cannot defeat the fatuis before they shield up. You might need an archer for the ruin guards in the second half of floor 3 unless you have enough damage to burst them down without immobilizing them or you have another way to hit their weakpoint without an archer.

edit: For Fischl DPS, you need her to be at least C1 in order to output damage. Until C6, as a main DPS, you build her to be a physical attacker, so she won't be too helpful in this floor as a main dps. But as a support unit, you basically use her Q and E to make sure that Oz is on the field constantly.

Flair fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 30, 2020

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

I have been noticing this lately as well, most noticeably when dashing. I have not noticed it much when attacking but it could be that I am mashing the button enough to overcome it, vs dashing which is once every few seconds. I am not using wifi for internet and my ping is always ~71 ms. I thought all of the clicking was just wearing out my mouse. I have also noticed it occasionally when running past stuff trying to loot with F.

I get it a lot with the hold attacks. Sometimes it'll just do the tap version and I have to wait for the c/d. Most frustrating when trying to nuke minerals with razor.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
am I crazy or did they change the area around Domain of Guyun overnight? the crystalflies are gone and there are two entrances to the cave instead of one

e: okay I logged out and back in and the crystalflies respawned, but I still don't remember there being two entrances to this cave and I've run Guyun approximately one million times for geodaddy. I may be getting too old and senile for video games

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 30, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

am I crazy or did they change the area around Domain of Guyun overnight? the crystalflies are gone and there are two entrances to the cave instead of one

e: okay I logged out and back in and the crystalflies respawned, but I still don't remember there being two entrances to this cave and I've run Guyun approximately one million times for geodaddy. I may be getting too old and senile for video games

There have always been two but they do look very similar. One heads off into a hilichurl camp, the other south towards the rest of the islands and the way up above.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There's always been a tunnel with a hilichurl and a smaller tunnel with a Geo slime and some minable rocks.

I get that a lot in this game though, where I take a different route one time and go "has it always been this way?"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I dunno if you were still looking for it but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxcGLdOBII

Very comprehensive and he gives lots of MATH about stuff.

The tl;dr being that in the majority of cases Albedo is gonna prefer a DEF% Hourglass. Also the 3* sword Harbinger of Dawn is almost always Best in Slot for him, which is hilarious. He doesn't really go into it much but he also does mention the potential for using 2 pieces of the 4* Defender artifact set just because that 30% DEF bonus is actually very significant for transient blossoms.

I don't have time to watch an entire video, what's his best set?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

For Albedo you should honestly just use the best pieces you have lying around for him. He has specific enough requirements (def sands, geo goblet, crit helm but he wants def substats) that he should be able to turn your trash into treasure. 2 Petra is nice and maybe worth farming, afterwards it gets a little weird with either 2 Defender or 2 Noblesse but both are minor enough that I think you'd be better off using random pieces that rolled well for him.

Everyone seems to be agreeing that full defense build with the 3* Harbinger of Dawn is actually optimal for him at any constellation.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 30, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

Those adventurer's experience in the stardust shop are tempting me. I have a lot of stardust banked. Has everyone been buying those?

I haven't been, just because I want to ensure I have enough for the wishes plus any materials I might run low on at some point. I might do it if I ever run super low on books and really want to level someone up. I haven't been in that much need for XP books as long as I'm a bit patient - the BP really makes a big difference. I flat-out don't both getting Mora from the store anymore, since the BP (plus events and stuff, but mostly the BP) has rendered it a non-issue.

Most of the materials that you can get with stardust I have plenty of and probably won't run low on any time soon, but I want to be able to immediately replenish those bones that drop from the geo dudes who spin around everywhere; you get far fewer of those from "normal" playing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've been looking at the bright side of "no end game content" and have been leveling extra characters to 70. Would like to do four more (Beidou, Chongyun, Ninguang, Ganyu?) in the next two months. So I'm pretty thirsty for Adventurer's Experience even after buying the BP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man some days this game runs great and some days like today it just melts my phone. I just don’t get it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

there was some debate about jean vs bennett, or not really debate just talking, but i've now realized the correct choice is jean + bennett.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh my god i just used albedovater to go smash one of those windorbs in the face, this probably works for the oceanid's devil birds too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

oh my god i just used albedovater to go smash one of those windorbs in the face, this probably works for the oceanid's devil birds too.

Constructs don't work in that stupid arena, unfortunately

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
1.3 dropping on February 3rd means I'm likely to hit WL8 during the new batch of quests. Do we know how that scales? Is anyone past AR60 yet?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

No Wave posted:

EDIT: And on an even more unrelated topic, I saw this image (don't know the source):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kn0r0s/analysing_2650_artifacts_and_their_mainsub_stat/

Numbers about Element Damage+ on Goblets:

reddit OP posted:

However, for anyone curious, if we assume the elements do have the same chance, it would be a 5.5% chance of getting your desired element.

-------

Pope Urbane II posted:

1.3 dropping on February 3rd means I'm likely to hit WL8 during the new batch of quests. Do we know how that scales? Is anyone past AR60 yet?

Wait, AR 50 isn't last WL upgrade? Does anyone have more info about that?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Taikuri posted:

Wait, AR 50 isn't last WL upgrade? Does anyone have more info about that?

It at least goes to WL 8 at AR55. Doing just dailies and resin, I'd hit 55 on February 15th. If the launch events for 1.3 have as much AR xp as those for 1.2, and assuming a few bonus quests between now and then, I'll probably go to 55 in the first week of February.

In theory, someone with deep enough pockets could be above AR 60 buying resin refills by now. I'm wondering about scaling after WL 8, if any.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
loving the way that act 1 and act 2 events are difficulty: trivial and act 3 is difficulty: pretty close to impossible solo with 200ms ping
solo i think i probably cant be hosed with this? its just unfun bullshit full of one hit KOs and waiting out invuln phases

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pope Urbane II posted:

It at least goes to WL 8 at AR55. Doing just dailies and resin, I'd hit 55 on February 15th. If the launch events for 1.3 have as much AR xp as those for 1.2, and assuming a few bonus quests between now and then, I'll probably go to 55 in the first week of February.

In theory, someone with deep enough pockets could be above AR 60 buying resin refills by now. I'm wondering about scaling after WL 8, if any.
That image I posted is AR55. It takes 232,350 AR XP to go from AR55 to AR56, or ~55 days with full resin refreshes.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Pope Urbane II posted:

It's almost two months of doing full resin refreshes to go from 55 to 56.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

No Wave posted:

That image I posted is AR55. It takes 232,350 AR XP to go from AR55 to AR56, or ~55 days with full resin refreshes.

Is it an obvious step in the graph curve that says "there's no point doing this yet" or is it like, they will expect us to do that eventually?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Pope Urbane II posted:

Did you dismiss the screenshot above that AR 55 takes 232350 exp? Even with refreshes from day 1, no one will reach AR 60 when 1.3 comes out. I don't think anyone is at AR 56 either, so there is a potential that the developers made the cap significantly bigger for each AR past 55.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Is it an obvious step in the graph curve that says "there's no point doing this yet" or is it like, they will expect us to do that eventually?

My money is on the former - once there's enough content to justify gating things behind AR56+, they should flatten the curve out

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol that's wild. I never knew the AXP to go from 55 to 56 is more than it takes to get from 1 to 46.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

zgrowler2 posted:

My money is on the former - once there's enough content to justify gating things behind AR56+, they should flatten the curve out

I can see final AR being 100, and final character/weapon levels jumping level or two at once instead of 10 before hitting 100 too.

We shall see how that plans out, we probably are also getting new Character/Weapon/Talent material domains for next expansions, with new elemental bosses.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Flair posted:

Did you dismiss the screenshot above that AR 55 takes 232350 exp? Even with refreshes from day 1, no one will reach AR 60 when 1.3 comes out. I don't think anyone is at AR 56 either, so there is a potential that the developers made the cap significantly bigger for each AR past 55.

Ah, I see. Buying the maximum of 6 refreshes every day since release would equal 232,200 exactly on February 4th, 2021. So the highest possible AR will likely be mid-56 at the release of 1.3.

I welcome the upcoming hellgrind.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCYGLmzgWc

wow they made a fight tailor made for amber

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

I don't get why people rep Jinjinx so hard when there's such better content out there (like this, KrushSG, and the Klee twitter guy). TYVM for the link, I had no idea what was going on in the last clip.

He was the monhun math guy a long time before he started on this game. His whole schtick with GI is figuring out how to eke out performance from as little as possible, which I personally like. Enviosity is impressive to watch but I'm not really learning anything. Whales talking about C4 5*s with perfect artifact sets don't help me either. That's not to say the newer channels going at it from the math angle aren't worth watching, just that they're newer.

The vast majority of the junk that shows up in my youtube feed is more along the lines of "ZHONG LI SECRETLY BEST DPS?!?" clickbait bullshit.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

He was the monhun math guy a long time before he started on this game. His whole schtick with GI is figuring out how to eke out performance from as little as possible, which I personally like. Enviosity is impressive to watch but I'm not really learning anything. Whales talking about C4 5*s with perfect artifact sets don't help me either. That's not to say the newer channels going at it from the math angle aren't worth watching, just that they're newer.

The vast majority of the junk that shows up in my youtube feed is more along the lines of "ZHONG LI SECRETLY BEST DPS?!?" clickbait bullshit.

I like Jinx in theory, but he comes off kind of annoying. I agree that one of his virtues is showcasing these chars at c0 level 60-70 type thing. The problem is that it gets almost too theoretical if your make or break assessment is based on a perfect frame cancelling run. I think too much emphasis is placed on that on occasion. Battles are messy. The kleeful dude seems to address that more directly, but I haven't been consuming everything these guys put out. Things like levels and talents aren't constrained by money, over time, so as a large amount of players gets into the AR45 range, it's totally possible for them to have a maxed out team. I mean, at a certain point why would you spread yourself thin?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Beating 10-3 in under 3 minutes is very hard.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Fur20 posted:

i've been thinking this for a long time but does this game feel like it has really laggy and sluggish controls? ... that consistently drops my inputs.
Joining in the chorus here, even at a 25ms ping.

This was especially annoying in the gliding and delivery events from last month, e.g. glide/unglide movement and the E boost going late, deliveries ruined by jump inputs off a cliff firing late and turning into a glide, etc

Also very annoying is the autograb on cliffs, and then the subsequent delayed jump off targeted in a perpendicular direction.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My favorite thing about Albedo is how he goes against most conventional builds and gets away with using a 3* sword and a 4* artifact set. With a good setup the damage he adds to a party just for existing is awesome. And for once being Geo is actually a good thing because it's damage that's rarely gonna be resisted.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gotta be honest it's weird to see my blossoms crit for more damage than my burst deals

though this is only a half-built Albedo

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tsyni posted:

The problem is that it gets almost too theoretical if your make or break assessment is based on a perfect frame cancelling run.

He goes into that whenever Klee comes up. It's easy to miss because he is bad at scripting and (I assume, at least partially, due to mental health issues) tends to talk super fast and ramble on tangents.

The make-or-break thing is the internet parroting information without context and regardless of how many disclaimers you throw in it's still going to happen. Showing your work doesn't matter when no one is going to look at it, let alone try to correct it, and they're all just going to skip to the end then post on reddit about how you're the bad man who said mean things about Zhong Li. You don't make friends by telling someone their favorite anime they just pulled is lackluster. It's a lot safer to make videos on how every character is good and special and you made the right decision and dear god please like and subscribe.

I'll have to check out some of the newer people, though. I'm always down for more math and use cases for things as long as they're realistic for how much I'm willing to spend on the game.

lurksion posted:

This was especially annoying in the gliding and delivery events from last month, e.g. glide/unglide movement and the E boost going late, deliveries ruined by jump inputs off a cliff firing late and turning into a glide, etc

Is this on kb/m? I was hoping, now that I have a real gaming PC again, to transition from controller over to that because (aside from the laughable radial menu) I have to mash like crazy to get inputs out. Like I'll audibly hear me pressing a button and an input won't come out, or I'll be furiously mashing circle and a charged attack will come out. I thought it was just lovely controller support.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

is Sucrose C6 a stronger support than C0 Venti? i've only really used Venti but i've gotten 11 god drat Sucrose copies so i figure i'd try her out.
Not really, but she's good and has some advantages if you play to them (EM sharing and her ability to buff the damage of the infused element during her Burst). You want to run her with melees that can proc reactions off her Burst infusion (who would otherwise be SOL with Venti) and run multiple elements so that her Swirls can spread 2-3 elements to an entire group.

I mostly use her because Venti is already Friendship 10.

Tsyni posted:

I like Jinx in theory, but he comes off kind of annoying. I agree that one of his virtues is showcasing these chars at c0 level 60-70 type thing. The problem is that it gets almost too theoretical if your make or break assessment is based on a perfect frame cancelling run. I think too much emphasis is placed on that on occasion. Battles are messy. The kleeful dude seems to address that more directly, but I haven't been consuming everything these guys put out. Things like levels and talents aren't constrained by money, over time, so as a large amount of players gets into the AR45 range, it's totally possible for them to have a maxed out team. I mean, at a certain point why would you spread yourself thin?
Obligatory reminder that Jinx put out a 40 minute Albedo video where he never once addressed that the sheer number of Crystallizes shat out passively by Albedo's E means having near-constant shield coverage and how this can significantly reduce damage taken or (in concert with other supports and dodging) eliminate it almost entirely, while also allowing melees like Diluc to play aggressive due to a much lower risk of interruption from incidental damage or ranged enemies or grass Overloads or whatever. Like with Zhongli you can make the legitimate case that putting up his shield (without C2) is inconvenient due to the cast time, but Tartaglia just automatically has shields up all the time when paired with Albedo and there is no particular opportunity cost for it because the crystals pop directly on top of your carry and get picked up with zero interruption in DPS.

I'm legitimately confused how anyone can play with Albedo for more than a few minutes and not notice that he gives really, really good shield coverage despite not having an actual shield skill, and then put together a video talking about Albedo using footage where that keeps happening and still not notice and mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Mailer posted:

Is this on kb/m? I was hoping, now that I have a real gaming PC again, to transition from controller over to that because (aside from the laughable radial menu) I have to mash like crazy to get inputs out. Like I'll audibly hear me pressing a button and an input won't come out, or I'll be furiously mashing circle and a charged attack will come out. I thought it was just lovely controller support.

It is definitely lag regardless of what people’s pings are showing. Like you can just chill for a few seconds and see where it catches you up. I usually get it once soon after logging in and then game is fine.