Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toriyama's Outline is just a list of pun names, vague ideas for poop jokes, and and a new transformation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Just lol at the idea of Toriyama writing down any outline and not making up everything as he goes along.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
He had to have written down 17 and 18's names at one point.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

McTimmy posted:

He had to have written down 17 and 18's names at one point.

I just assume he was drawing page 18 when he needed a name.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I figured he just thought up their names on the spot when the interviewer asked

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
17's name is Leo Dicaprio and 18's is Christina Applegate

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Momomo posted:

I figured he just thought up their names on the spot when the interviewer asked

it's almost definitely this, see also: s-cells

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Aren't their names Lapis and Lazuli?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Woozie66 posted:

Aren't their names Lapis and Lazuli?

Yes, but I don't expect it to ever come up, it's one of those weird Toriyama tidbits said years after the series ended that was clearly not there when the series was being published. It's still canon, and I remember a tweet from 17's Japanese VA actually calling him Lapis at the end of the Tournament of Power, as a way to make his point clear that he truly believed his character had grown into a magnificent human being, but it won't ever be used in-series.

Maybe in a random game, like how FighterZ brought up 16 being based on Dr. Gero's dead son, which was another thing Toriyama clearly made up post-series.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

17 and 18's names, 16 being Gero's son, and what the hell 19 was supposed to be were all made up on the spot for the exact same interview.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I hope that Toriyama gets lazy and just adds android 21 in canon and makes her the villian of the arc, because it'd be cool to have a woman be the big threat for once and I like the idea of Dr. Gero having an extra lab or something that was still spying on the crew and the a.i. going " huh I should really try and make a copy of this Buu thing"

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 30, 2020

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
She was completed ten years before the game started, so that means she was around like around the time Z started.

I love this series and it's complete refusal to have internal consistentcy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want it to be revealed before his death Gero discovered interdimensional travel and has collected DNA across the 16 universes to create an even better android to fight Goku.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
look, if Dr. Gero can build himself a robot body and a completely biological android I don't see why he couldn't just incubate a second Dr. Gero to make more androids after his original death

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
you've heard of Resurrection F, but get ready for Incubation G

also a good excuse to rehabilitate the concept of 13 or Super 17 like they did Broly + canonize 21

edit because I can't stop thinking: just straight up grow a new Red Ribbon, gently caress it

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I want it to be revealed before his death Gero discovered interdimensional travel and has collected DNA across the 16 universes to create an even better android to fight Goku.

Android J1r3n, now with infinite energy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zedd posted:

Android J1r3n, now with infinite energy.

An even more robotic Jiren?!? :v:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

multijoe posted:

An even more robotic Jiren?!? :v:

it wraps back around and the robot version has a wild, over the top personality

people eventually forget RoboJiren was based on another character

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What if he made an android Goku and it was...kinda smart and didn't like food?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Dr. Gero builds the canon Android 21 as a new body for his backed up consciousness because he just really wants to be a pink goo lady and honestly, i respect that

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

17 and 18's names, 16 being Gero's son, and what the hell 19 was supposed to be were all made up on the spot for the exact same interview.

Wait, what's the story on 19? I haven't heard that one before

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

jivjov posted:

Wait, what's the story on 19? I haven't heard that one before

He's based off a doll Gero had lying around.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it wraps back around and the robot version has a wild, over the top personality

people eventually forget RoboJiren was based on another character

Bizarro Jiren?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So what's more likely to be brought into DB canon, 21 or the Time Patrol and all the Xenoverse/Heroes stuff?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shinji2015 posted:

So what's more likely to be brought into DB canon, 21 or the Time Patrol and all the Xenoverse/Heroes stuff?

I feel 21 because she was made specifically by Toriyama, while the Time Patrol has a lot of stuff that clearly came from the staff of the games involved. She'd also be significantly easier to add to the main canon while the more you go into Heroes, the less sense it makes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also since Greatest Scientist of all time Gero is responsible for saving the multiverse where that villain and fool Goku failed, clearly he must also put it at risk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://twitter.com/LemonJooJoo/status/1344735269686226948

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
God help me but I just reinstalled Dokkan Battle. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played, but my old teams seem to still be holding up okay.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I could see Goku and Vegeta getting really competitive in seeing who can get the most tax breaks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bobjr posted:

I could see Goku and Vegeta getting really competitive in seeing who can get the most tax breaks.

lmao Bulma probably that poo poo on lock. She probably has her home address and Capsule Corp. based out of like like New Namek or some poo poo. To avoid West City taxes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

East City is a known tax haven.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Vegeta spending his downtime writing emails from the Prince of All Saiyans who requires assistance accessing his accounts...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't know why, but I like the idea that Goku can't fight the IRS.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

It's basically this same bit from Batman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56VgsLfKY4

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm ringing in 2021 with a rewatch of GT. Not sure how much regret I will suffer.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

jivjov posted:

I'm ringing in 2021 with a rewatch of GT. Not sure how much regret I will suffer.

at least you get to enjoy the best opening in anime

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

BoosterDuck posted:

at least you get to enjoy the best opening in anime

Step into the grand tour....

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It took me 5 and a half years to finish watching GT lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the GT rap is no One Piece rap

i mean they say they only certainties in life are death and taxes and he routinely beats the former, so i figure he'd have decent odds against the latter