Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/apoca1ypse_n0w/status/1344748887647649800?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This but it’s Linda Carter running at the camera and the answer is obvious

E: thanks for clarifying between the scenes where our hero vehicularly mass murders people

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I burst out laughing at that scene.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

hahahaha I stopped watching before that part holy poo poo that's like Bionic Woman from the 1970s effects

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reality Protester posted:

that's weird. one a Batman's, even grimdark Batman's, core traits is that he doesnt kill people. beats them to within an inch of their life, breaks their bones, gives them concussions, for shoplifting, but he doesnt kill people.

1) These were PMCs, so they weren't people.
2) They literally had a missile trained on him about to hit the fire button, it was justified

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Someone should put that WW running scene side by side with the running scene from Civil War, from a hundred pages back.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It was a good kill Bruce assures Alfred as he picks distended pinky fingers from Batman's cowl lining.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

in Beavis Dodge not only does Batman absolutely murder the poo poo out of people, but he psychotically hates Superman and wants him dead because Superman could potentially become bad some day maybe so he has to die.

Oh, and he brands criminals (like with a hot iron) knowing that the brand is a death sentence for them in prison.

BATMAN!

Yes he is one of the villains of the film

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Snyder doesn't get Batman or Superman at all but it's cute that he tries.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Isn't that run because of practical effects? Like you get on a long piece of rubberized mat that is dragged behind a vehicle at 50mph, then the actor runs along the mat so it looks like they're running 50mph.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Not sure if they used the magic carpet in WW but it looks so much better in Civil War. But that could be because they didn't hold on the shot as long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAxmIxGXMOY&t=306s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

poisonpill posted:

This but it’s Linda Carter running at the camera and the answer is obvious

lol this was my thought watching it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mallratcal posted:

Snyder doesn't get Batman or Superman at all but it's cute that he tries.

His Superman is the best there's been on screen. His Batman is awesome, just a different take that's a lot more critical of the character.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

His Superman is the best there's been on screen. His Batman is awesome, just a different take that's a lot more critical of the character.

What the gently caress

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Christopher Reeve existed you troglodyte.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

priznat posted:

That was one of the funny things in the most recent batman video game where you get the batmobile tank thing that would somehow only use nonlethal on people (even had some repulser field bullshit so you wouldn’t run them over) but also could fire anti tank rounds wantonly.

Alfred and Lucius Fox just lied to him.

"Noooo, it totally won't kill them! It has (quick, think, magic, no rubber bumpers, no, special electrified chassis) a special magic... I mean technical system that is non lethal. Also your antitank rounds are padded."

"Oh, okay."

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

His Superman is the best there's been on screen.

Not even close. The Christopher Reeve movies were miles better. Snyder simply does not get Superman.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

in Beavis Dodge not only does Batman absolutely murder the poo poo out of people, but he psychotically hates Superman and wants him dead because Superman could potentially become bad some day maybe so he has to die.

Actually he hates Superman because he nine-elevened like a dozen buildings in the previous movie. He could have taken that fight anywhere but instead he was just lasering buildings in half in downtown Metropolis. My hero!

Oh, and he brands criminals (like with a hot iron) knowing that the brand is a death sentence for them in prison.

BATMAN!

This was hilarious. Why would criminals kill you for having a bat-brand?

Do they think you did it to yourself because you love Batman so much? Or do they love Batman so much that they kill people for him?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mallratcal posted:

Not even close. The Christopher Reeve movies were miles better. Snyder simply does not get Superman.

"You'll believe a man can fly" is one of the best movie taglines of all time.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
In the Timmverse, Bruce Wayne tries to fight recidivism by financing halfway houses and running job programs through Wayne Enterprises.

In the Snyderverse,Bruce Wayne tries to fight recidivism by paying prisoners to murder the people he turns in.

Same thing, right?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This might actually be the worst opinion I've ever read, and I proofread my posts.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Also his Batman being awesome because he's fully embraced murder is not different or critical of the character, it's been around for ages and is super tired. DC is right now having an event in their comics where Batman kills the multiverse. It's lazy and hacky and will totally be what Snyder tries to adapt next.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Hey Zack, can you also explain that whole "Sucker Punch is a film about female empowerment" thing while you're at it here

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Hey Zack, can you also explain that whole "Sucker Punch is a film about female empowerment" thing while you're at it here

Did you not see the sequence where they killed the rapist chef for a lighter so they could imagine they had gigantic super flamethrowers to kill hundreds of thousands of robot enemies in super slow motion?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
My wife hadn't ever seen Trains, Planes and Automobiles OR Uncle Buck. We watched them over two nights and you know, they are super good. Trains, Planes and Automobiles is even rated R, did you know that? An R-rated comedy. We didn't know until the car rental scene where Steve Martin drops like 20 'fucks'.

Classic movie.

I bring this up because god is dead:

:negative:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Actually I can kinda already see it and so long as nobody tries to be "the new john candy" it might be fine.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I like to imagine those are Steve Martin and John Candy (in the afterlife)'s current faces, not an old photo

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It’s I guess slightly less bad now that I read the headline again and Kevin Smith is nowhere to be found

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

KakerMix posted:

My wife hadn't ever seen Trains, Planes and Automobiles OR Uncle Buck. We watched them over two nights and you know, they are super good. Trains, Planes and Automobiles is even rated R, did you know that? An R-rated comedy. We didn't know until the car rental scene where Steve Martin drops like 20 'fucks'.

Classic movie.

I bring this up because god is dead:

:negative:

I love that movie so much, except I'd only seen a tv cut for years.

So they shot the scene again, there's no fucks and the receptionist kind of giggled and says "you're screwed!" in a pleasant voice.

When I saw the real version with all the language her dark "you're hosed." so was my brain.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEfbnrwva-8

Even Civil War looks goofy with the fast running. I don't know why people give the first Captain America poo poo when it's just Joe Johnston doing a Rocketeer movie with Marvel characters. The fast running in this scene looks fine.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'll say this. scrawny twink captain america was adorable.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

"You'll believe a man can fly" is one of the best movie taglines of all time.

It really is. It tells you all you need to know.

And Superman’s theme is one of the greatest pieces of music put to film.

Lotsofluck
Nov 26, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
So today is the last day of this year, so I declare that this thread should be closed by tonight, and the new thread should be called Rem Lezar Media 2021: The return of Endless Trash

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lotsofluck posted:

So today is the last day of this year, so I declare that this thread should be closed by tonight, and the new thread should be called Rem Lezar Media 2021: The return of Endless Trash

Has a nice ring to it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lotsofluck posted:

Red Letter Media 2021: The Stream of Endless Trash

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mallratcal posted:

It really is. It tells you all you need to know.

And Superman’s theme is one of the greatest pieces of music put to film.

Do you think John Williams has groupies?

I'd be one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Red Letter Media 2021: gently caress, movies?!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Red Letter Media 2021: gently caress Movie Theaters.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

So what sequels and reboots are you looking forward to most in 2021?

I can't wait to see the next super hero movie, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope they reboot the economy