Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Tsyni posted:

Are you making sure to break the pyro rock? It lowers their defense.

I don’t know how to break it. It’s not targetable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
did the event fight the lazy way by just filling everyones energy with slime killin' before popping the shield so I could one-round it and ignore the other mechanics. thank you Childe "vape nash" Tartaglia. really appreciate how little grind its taken to clear out the event shops

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The best I could do even with buff food and potion was like 90% of the vine's hp in 1 round, and usually I was closer to 75% (or 50-60 without food).
I thought my Diluc was pretty well-geared but I guess I have more to do

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i still never use food buffs, and am not sure what i did exactly that made my 40-odd second run work

but pretty good 1min clear times when i asked myself "can Bennett's burst outheal this AOE?" and the answer was yes. mihoyo, you truly hosed up

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do bow charge attacks cause shatter? Apparently the shatter effect ruins the new ice set for chong to the point Kaeya does more damage than him while maintaining CC for longer. I hope it doesn't because I want that goat girl

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do bow charge attacks cause shatter? Apparently the shatter effect ruins the new ice set for chong to the point Kaeya does more damage than him while maintaining CC for longer. I hope it doesn't because I want that goat girl

The only things that cause shatter are claymores and geo damage.
Maybe overload too, it seems like it would work but seems hard to test or use since you need 4 specific elements

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Boris Galerkin posted:

So I started the trial of tianqiu quest and I think I’ve hosed myself over because I can’t beat the trial that has me killing 5 enemies in 1 minute. The two fire slimes are loving me up because my main dps is Klee, and my next best dps is Qiqi but she doesn’t do enough damage. Klee is lvl 60, Qiqi is 50, and everyone else is 40. This quest has locked me out of coop mode and I can’t do the Act IV challenge because it won’t let me, even if I choose to do solo mode.

E:

What do I need to lvl up to finish this?

Two fire slimes? Oh buddy, you are on floor 2 of 3 :( electro is pretty good on pyro slimes, you might be able to make do with Lisa. Razor has a pretty fast E, so if you have the exp books he could be an option too. But a lot will come down to how leveled up your artifacts are.

The last floor should be much easier for Klee though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t know how to break it. It’s not targetable.

Basically you just need to claymore it a couple times. No big, at least not if you put Noelle on the team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao I did this follow-up to an earlier commission where I planted flowers on the mountain, and in the final part you have to pick up the flowers and it's next to a mound of snow. I hit the mound of snow with Bennet's E to see what's inside, and in the process apparently destroy the flowers. Whoops!

Hopefully I can get that again at some point and do it correctly.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
This new domain isn't too bad, but the drop rate for the hydro set is brutal. Ten runs in and I have a usable 5* feather and a 4* flower and every other piece has been junk.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Space Opera posted:

Two fire slimes? Oh buddy, you are on floor 2 of 3 :( electro is pretty good on pyro slimes, you might be able to make do with Lisa. Razor has a pretty fast E, so if you have the exp books he could be an option too. But a lot will come down to how leveled up your artifacts are.

Electro is no better against fire slimes than physical since overload does purely fire damage. Electro deals bonus damage to water slimes only.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that event boss is rough if you don't kill it right away

wish the shield spawned on all of the heat sources instead of a single random one

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Ran into one of the most depressing coop usernames I've ever seen: "Iwantgf"

Yeah dude I felt the same way as a teenager :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iwantganyuf2p

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm glad that ganyu uses a bow so I don't have to roll for her

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I know I keep posting it, but I literally just parry the instant death phase, it's fine

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Archonex posted:

Out of curiosity, how is Xingqui? During his quest he seemed....subpar. Was it just a bad showing for him?

The hidden, completely unexplained internal cooldowns on other characters (not counting Diluc, but he's not a support) limit how often a given ability can proc an element. This leads to a lot of situations where your carry can't trigger the reaction unless you time it and have a large damage window to swing away. XQ's ult applies hydro so fast that so your pyro carry constantly triggers vaporize, or your Chongus carry constantly freezes, or Keqing gets constant electocharged reactions, etc.

I mean that's on top of the damage reduction, top-up healing, and pretty decent damage if you have a sac sword and can build for it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Xingqiu doesn't really have top-up healing. His rain swords only heal you after you get hit, and the heal is small enough that you'll pretty much always be lower hp than before the hit.
The bigger deal is that they give ~25-35% damage reduction on all incoming damage (depending on your talent level and hydro DMG bonus).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Liyue left.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Okay, what does CC mean? It keeps coming up in conversation.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Xingqiu doesn't really have top-up healing. His rain swords only heal you after you get hit, and the heal is small enough that you'll pretty much always be lower hp than before the hit.

That's... weird. I could have sworn I've received healing over and above what Bennet can do, and I assumed it was because the swords expired and healed. Is the wording on the talent incorrect?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, what does CC mean? It keeps coming up in conversation.

Probably crowd control, in this instance. Keeping everyone frozen.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

That's... weird. I could have sworn I've received healing over and above what Bennet can do, and I assumed it was because the swords expired and healed. Is the wording on the talent incorrect?

It heals when they expire or break. I've honestly never noticed expiry on break, but have noticed heal when they expire.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

any sword expiring is treated the same as if they broke and you're healed accordingly, so yeah you do get some random healing from them or could use it to top up between fights

it's likely not a super significant heal unless you're really pumping XQ for that (levels+HP%) but definitely does pair well with Bennett to keep people (close to) maxed

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

That's the primary use I have for that particular healing, so yeah. I guess you could build him chonky but he'll never be a real healer and his damage is too good to ignore for a 3-4k heal at the end of his ult.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m glad this game is so supportive of I don’t wanna play today just gimme some poo poo. Weapon enhancement whoo!

Also why do people like the Blackcliff stuff? Is it for people you have crit rate hats for? I don’t see how you get meaningful rate without that. Is there anyone that specifically wants one? Seems rather ‘competent weapon if you don’t have something already’.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Some carry characters have innate crit rate increase which means they have to look at gear that increases crit damage instead.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Basically any character that is supposed to deal damage at all wants a crit rate or crit dmg hat

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
crit rate weapons are also weak if you don't have a crit damage circlet
without a good balance of both, they're worse than just atk

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This has been a really good banner and shop for me so far. Xingling is now constellation 4, Fishl got to 6, plus I started using Razor after I got him and he truely is the bestest boy.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 1, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I'm not sure if it's worth picking up C6 Xiangling from the shop. I used her a lot early on but at some point I just replaced her with Bennett in all my double-pyro teams

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'm not sure if it's worth picking up C6 Xiangling from the shop. I used her a lot early on but at some point I just replaced her with Bennett in all my double-pyro teams

Carry bennett with Xiangling support

edit: this is not a joke, it's very strong

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 1, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Have you heard the good news about quadrapyro

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Draxion posted:

I'm glad that ganyu uses a bow so I don't have to roll for her

Not just that, you are required to use charge attacks if you want to deal damage with her. I'm scared they're going to put Rosario on her banner though.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I can get under 1:30 on the weed pretty consistently, but drat do I wish I could 1 cycle it.

n'thing the "bring Amber" recommendation for anyone who can't burst it down immediately, she cuts down on the waiting so much.

Besides that, it's just bringing a DPS that can use the Festering Desire, some quick pyro application, and I've been bringing a shield for consistency because no matter who I use, I can't get it in one cycle and I'm way overshooting two.
(Keqing, Bennet, Amber, Zhongli. Diona might actually be better because he shield is frost, and if you run DPS Bennet he can probably fill Keqing's role too.)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

moush posted:

Not just that, you are required to use charge attacks if you want to deal damage with her. I'm scared they're going to put Rosario on her banner though.

The amount of base damage she'd have to deal to be a greedy cryo carry in a non-freeze comp is so bonkers I'm just going to assume she'll be support. If her ult hits XQ fast she'd be the new best friend for every pyro carry.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
did they change the protective canopy resonance? I swear that 15% phys damage res wasn't there before

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Space Opera posted:

Yeah I tried it again and managed to beat it with plenty of time to spare cause I’m an idiot. I was trying to kill the boss for the 9 Pillars quest and in that one it only starts spawning those geo power-up things mid fight. So I just assumed it was the same for this quest and the camera in this game sucks so much I didn’t see them. Turns out when I said they were “untargetable” it was because I already destroyed them accidentally. So knowing that I made a beeline for it with Noelle and it was easy.

Speaking of the camera, does anyone else have major issues with it? It just moves around so much that sometimes it’s impossible to see anything. In the same quest there’s one trial that you have to climb up some pillars and leap off and glide immediately to the next pillars but because of the wonky camera I could never see where I’m gliding to. Ended up cheesing it by swapping the MC to geo for the rocks (unless that’s how you’re supposed to beat it??)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Oh lord the new 11-2. Maybe someone will find out ways to pull aggro but it is pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I got a Sacrificial Fragments from my last 10-pull but looking at the spreadsheet it isn't really recommended for anybody

Is it good for anyone?