Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Bill Burr's dead now anyway.
Left on a planet with no way off it.
Where an Imperial rescue fleet will soon appear to check out what happened to the base, or by the local down trod populace who will think he's imperial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Serious Star War opinion

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
whats the DEAL with maclunkey?>??????

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

nothin whats a gorogu with you hahaha

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shinjobi posted:

That the extended preview for the Book of Boba Fett could have been better spent wrapping up season 2 instead of Mark Hamill's cgi face taking over the show and then cutting to black before anything that was just being discussed could be resolved.

Fucks sake season 1 even managed to squeeze in a small funeral for Kuill before it ended but nope, Luke takes the baby, nothing else matters anymore so here's five minutes of Boba Fett shooting fat people to get a new swinging pad.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
What's the point of sitting on a throne in silence in an empty room

Am I king of my bedroom because I am in the only chair

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Romes128 posted:

His rant in philly was pretty good. Crowd started booing him right off the bat and he just went on a tirade which won them over eventually.

I was listening to some podcast where he said that legit good comedians got booed off the stage and someone walked off like a minute into their set.

I just wanna make clear that by his rant being “good” I mean dude just went off non stop. Not the actual content of his rant, which didn’t age well.

priznat posted:

Yeah from an extremely surface level view I kind of get it because of the masshole way he presents but almost always when he has a bit about something racist/sexist it is about examining why it’s stupid and dumb. Sometimes the turn might take a bit of setup that people don’t make it through and leave with assumptions though.

I will never not post his bit from years ago, relatively unknown, going up in front of Shaq’s Comedy Jam, doing a bit about the n-word to a room full of black people, and loving killing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8b81UM74Ow

These were very good.

piratepilates posted:

gripweed you're a nice guy and good poster, we're all friends here, and yes I know what thread this is, but can we all for the love of god stop fighting about the dumb star wars show.

+1

It's fine. Lets get back to talking about Star Trek eating its own poop.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arcsquad12 posted:

That the extended preview for the Book of Boba Fett could have been better spent wrapping up season 2 instead of Mark Hamill's cgi face taking over the show and then cutting to black before anything that was just being discussed could be resolved.

Fucks sake season 1 even managed to squeeze in a small funeral for Kuill before it ended but nope, Luke takes the baby, nothing else matters anymore so here's five minutes of Boba Fett shooting fat people to get a new swinging pad.

Because it's going to splinter off into a bunch of different shows. You wanna see more about the Battlestar Galactica lady becoming king of whatever? There's gonna be a show about that. Maybe lady sheriff will get her own show too. Will Mando have cameos in those shows? Gotta watch em to find out!

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

it is a metaphor

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

If you're going to do that you better have Mako hyping you up the whole time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress was following Bib Fortuna for years?

Sure my crime lord boss got blown up, but his cowardly No. 2 who's clearly some kind of pervert is still around so I guess I'll just do his bidding.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

PostNouveau posted:

Who the gently caress was following Bib Fortuna for years?

Sure my crime lord boss got blown up, but his cowardly No. 2 who's clearly some kind of pervert is still around so I guess I'll just do his bidding.

There's only one way a fat slug like Jabba stays in power, money and blackmail. Bib Fortuna was just the guy with the passwords.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I was all excited to see a couple hundred new posts, surely there must be more content!

Nope, just more Star Wars nonsense. :smith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Strabo4 posted:

I was all excited to see a couple hundred new posts, surely there must be more content!

Nope, just more Star Wars nonsense. :smith:

When content is released there's like 5 comments and then everyone with permanent wedgie scars resumes talking about Luke Startrekker fighting darth borg and dribbling pee everywhere like mice.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I hope we get another Best of the Worst on the same level as Suburban Sasquatch this year

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Strabo4 posted:

more content

Strabo4 posted:

more Star Wars nonsense

You're repeating yourself

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Star Wars is the content :colbert:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Here's another good Bill Burr clip. You're welcome.

https://youtu.be/6AzY0gG8QSM

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

On the one hand, assuming Bill Burr is a horrible racist person because he's from Boston is, well, those are good odds.

On the other hand, we're about three posts away from "It's pretty messed up how a mandalorian of color was """"saved""" by a cis white male with genetic powers"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks like we're no posts away from whatever that is you just decided to say

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Shinjobi posted:

A glimpse a the greatness we missed if Lucas had directed the new trilogy instead of Disney :smith:

Bill Burr is also great and a pretty good actor? I mean he's obvious not the creme de la creme but I would be interested in seeing him be the lead in a more serious drama/ comedy, maybe something like Louie (without the creepiness).

Also where's my gif credit in the OP? :colbert:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A lot of problematic potential thinking itt. Can we preemptively close the thread and ban everyone?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Should have been leia that saved them just to keep the continuity of her having Jedi training before the sequels which were extremely good and furthermore

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Here's another good Bill Burr clip. You're welcome.

https://youtu.be/6AzY0gG8QSM

Legit enjoying the Bill Burr stuff.

Just a matter of time before he's revealed to be some sort of sex criminal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That is such a great hairstyle/color for her

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gatalenta

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

She wants to speak with the Grand Moff

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Amazing. It's like star wars has become self aware of its own fans and is making fun of them.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I love her character so much. It’s like everything about her was designed to make them mad

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the character is mostly fine, but it's held back by the same 2nd rate writing that damned the rest of the moopie

if not more so

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ive never watched bill burr (stand up) until today

he's pretty funny yeah

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Moola posted:

ive never watched bill burr (stand up) until today

he's pretty funny yeah

His Netflix specials are quite good!

Also I enjoy F is for Family which reminds me I don't think I've watched the most recent season, something for the queue

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
All I know about Bill Burr is his aged-like-rear end comment he said on a late show at some point right after Trump won about "nothing is going to change nobody has anything to worry about" and how he defended Schwarzenegger cheating in n his wife with the housekeeper.

Not a good look, but he is a decent actor.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Bill Burr is an actor? I dunno, man, he basically gets angry over non-issues like traffic jams and I confuse him with Joe Rogan.

What am I missing there besides BB being a rant-y stand-up performer?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

whnern is the next half in the bag

i need my boutiful boy rich evans takling about wonderful woman 1984

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Galewolf posted:

Bill Burr is an actor? I dunno, man, he basically gets angry over non-issues like traffic jams and I confuse him with Joe Rogan.

What am I missing there besides BB being a rant-y stand-up performer?

He was in the madbalpian or whatever it’s called

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's taking extra time because Mike loved it and Jay has to edit out the 50 hours of ghost chat

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
He's no Jake Flores. BB go on Chapo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bill and his wife have a podcast and it's loving hilarious if you want to get lost down a youtube rabbit hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I just noticed that antenna on her wig for the first time lol.