Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Breakfast yesterday was the leftover sausage from Monday:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
First hollandaise my wife has been able to eat in years. I feel bad it took me so long to make it for her. I just needed to sub in ghee for butter. Apparently a lot of recipes call for ghee/clarified butter anyway...

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Salmon eggs benedict on home-made english muffins.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
latke bennies

mystes
May 31, 2006

large hands posted:

latke bennies

drat that looks good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Chicken tinga tostada for a very late breakfast!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Pomegranate Waffles [gluten free].

I had a very ripe pomegranate and this was the perfect application. The sweet worked really well with the tart.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I did not share mine with the dog and I feel bad now.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Breakfast and meal prep: pork fried rice with tofu marinated in soy/sesame oil and air-fried

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Starting Christmas off the right way with potato pancakes and caviar :dukedog:

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 25, 2020

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Boxing Day breakfast

Leftover glazed ham, Colby cheese and chilli sauce, grilled on a croissant

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

I may have gone too far.
My partner makes Yukon Gold potato cinnamon rolls for Christmas every year (it is literally the only thing I actually want for Christmas). They are large and we always have left overs.
We also had left over ham.

I give you: Yukon Gold Cinnamon Roll Eggs Benedict

I have no regrets.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I made waffles today I made them with the new waffel maker that I got for Christmas I made them yesterday morning using the waffle ameke that I got for Christmas I used the regular waffle recipe that the instructions came with but I decided to "speice things up" a little bit and instead of just flour and baking powder and sugar and salt and eggs and milk and oil all mixed up I also added in some ground cloves and some ground cinnamon and some vanilla and mixed it all up real good and then poured the batter on the waffle maker and let it sit for 7 minutes which gets the waffles perfectly cooked. The instructions said to only cook the waffles for 4 minutes but the first one I did for only 4 minutes wasn't fully cooked when I took it out so I bumped it up to 7 minutes on the second one I made and it came out perfect so don't trust the instructions 4 minutes is not enough but 7 minutes is perfect.

I like to eat the waffles with butter and syrup and I also ate it with a good chunk of leftover Christmas Eve ham on top which first I tried heating up in my air frier thinking maybe it would be like chicken fired stake but with ham instead of stkae but it didn't work out good I did it for 6 minutes in the air fried with the temperature at 390 degrees and then flipped it over and did it again for another 6 minutes at 390 degrees (farenheight) and when it came out it was not like chicken friend stake with ham at all it was grossaand shrivelled up and I threw it away because it was not good like I hoped and just used the microwave to heat up the ham to go with my waffel.

The waffles were very good ni really recommend using butter and syrup on the waffle. I had butter that I got at Costco that I used to add "flavor" to my waffle and also maple syrup but I ran out of the good maple syrup that I had so I had to also use the bad store brand kind on my waffle because otherwise there would not have been enough syrup. I like the butter from Costco it is very cost efficient much better than buying from the market even if the butter from Costco just has a picture of a cow on it and not the pretty indian lady.

Normally for breakfast I eat eggs and breakfast sausage and toast bug now that I have this nice new waffle maker that I got for Christmas I think I may start making waffles for breakfast a lot more often but I will have to figure out a new recipe to make them because the recipe in the little book that tells you how to use the waffle maker makes too many waffels for me to eat by myself for breakfast. It says that it makes 4 waffels about it only actually makes s/3 Not 4 but 3 is still too many I can't eat that many waffles for breakfast I can only eat one especially if I have leftover Christmas Eve ham on top of the waffle that is just way too much food to eat for breakfast.

I don't know what I will eat for breakfast tomorrow, I probably will just start making chicken wings as soon as the morning game starts and eat chicken wings that I make in my air frier and french fries that I make in a regular one and then eat those as a kind of "brunch"(late breakfast)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I too got a new waffle make for Christmas :hfive:

Didn’t use it today though, because I also got a chocolate panettone sweet bread. So I used that to make French toast.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Brisket breakfast tac

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Made croissants for the first time for New Year's

pretty pleased with how they came out, though they got a little too dark on the bottom

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

User Error posted:

Brisket breakfast tac

Some of my best breakfasts have come since I’ve started smoking meat!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Some of my best breakfasts have come since I’ve started smoking meat!

The best thing about smoking meat is putting the leftovers in everything.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Double post, almost the same as the first.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Double post, almost the same as the first.

Hey, why mess with success?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Workout day

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Not sure if I should post this here or the Cheese Thief thread.

Blood sausage, potato, and apple hash w/ eggs.

I sliced the blood sausage but as soon as it hit the pan it crumbled and just coated everything, which I didn’t hate. Would have just looked nicer to have those slices stay whole.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Been home sick with COVID so I’m just watching TV all day. Was watching Bizarre Foods last night and I saw something that looked super good and I had most of the ingredients for.

Banh Trang Nuong for breakfast!

My sense of taste is slowly coming back but is still like 90% gone. Can’t wait to try this again when it’s totally back.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 17, 2021

Big Buteo
Dec 27, 2017

what?
Yesterday's mediocre brioche still made some good French toast. Definitely recommend having co-workers with maple syrup operations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Eggs, beans, naan.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

hey thread/forum! been posting on SA for... checks notes... many years. long before i knew the first thing about how to accomplish anything in the kitchen. that changed a few years ago and now i love to cook :)

here are some of my most proud breakfast moments from a little while back. will post more current content soon

banana pancakes with chocolate peanut butter sauce (made from mini reeses pb cups), homemade whipped cream, and crispy bacon

soft scramble eggs over toast w/ roasted potatoes and peppers and three-cheese sauce

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I would have dropped a load on those as well. They look delicious :gizz:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

thank you! not sure what it means that my best two examples resemble sex fluids but hey

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

banana pancakes with chocolate peanut butter sauce (made from mini reeses pb cups), homemade whipped cream, and crispy bacon

soft scramble eggs over toast w/ roasted potatoes and peppers and three-cheese sauce

JFC NSFW that poo poo

Seriously though, those look really good. I'd probably be comatose for the rest of the day if I took on that stack of pancakes.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Breakfast gnocchi

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i don't think I've ever had gnocchi but this is sure making me want to change that ASAP

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Breakfast gnocchi

Oh my!

I need to hold out for whenever I can find gluten-free gnocchi unfortunately. Wish I found it more often.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Had some leftover salmon and roe from last night so I made salmon eggs benedict this morning.

I don’t know if the roe was a good idea or not. I only have like a little bit of my sense of taste back after COVID. It’s very frustrating trying to cook when you can’t taste anything. Wife says it was good, but I’ll just have to take her word for it.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm an an adult and can make choices for breakfast.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Today was a bacon egg and cheese sandwich with fried jalapenos.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

My wife and toddler were out of town this weekend so I actually got to cook breakfast using something more involved than a toaster. I made Kenji's cream biscuits with sausage gravy. I will be making them again because I'm one of those baking-challenged people for whom even getting out the flour feels like :effort: and these were super easy.

Notes for second time: less flour in the gravy because I like it a little runny, and MORE BLACK PEPPER